Match Making is the #1 reason for the high lvl of " Toxicity "

General Discussion
Prev 1 8 9 10 12 Next
I wish blizzard cared more about match making instead of banning customers.
27/06/2018 00:01Posted by oldmanmiller
I wish blizzard cared more about match making instead of banning customers.

I think blizzard has too many employees that hate free speech.
Not playing as much anymore...due myself becoming more angry and frustated than entertained because of this game..

I just did 2 games today. Got home from work, sat down.. And Gues what.

First game, a leaver half way.
Second game, we never had a 5th player to begin with.

I'm sorry, but I really try to complain as little as possible. Even in games, but as the topic states. This nonsense makes me extremely frustrated.. That

A- I get afkers/feeders or whatever like a staggering 30% of my games.
B- I get punished in the same manner, if I'd forfeit these games.

I am forced to lose for 15-25 minutes straight, or I risk getting the silence/afk mark or ban hammer. ( if thats even a thing) .

would already bother me a lot less If I could just leave these games.
28/06/2018 17:53Posted by Bryanosaurus
Not playing as much anymore...due myself becoming more angry and frustated than entertained because of this game..

I just did 2 games today. Got home from work, sat down.. And Gues what.

First game, a leaver half way.
Second game, we never had a 5th player to begin with.

I'm sorry, but I really try to complain as little as possible. Even in games, but as the topic states. This nonsense makes me extremely frustrated.. That

A- I get afkers/feeders or whatever like a staggering 30% of my games.
B- I get punished in the same manner, if I'd forfeit these games.

I am forced to lose for 15-25 minutes straight, or I risk getting the silence/afk mark or ban hammer. ( if thats even a thing) .

would already bother me a lot less If I could just leave these games.

if blizzard would finally integrate PB MMR then this would help a lot I think .
man i love ya, this is the point of all hots problem and all toxic behaviour of ppl,
lvl 1500-2000 got to carry 3 beginners on lvl 70-100 this is what happen in gold platinum and i belive higher, we can make 1000 posts about report system but as long as veterans who play this from alpha/beta will get 2-3 noobies that just installed game and get to gold 1, platinum5 or diamond (stright after placements) that long ppl will flame and insult its logic : ) why you blizz hates us ? its simple 1-2 good plrs wil not carry 3 plrs that on skill of AI Beginner or worst, repair it fast pls...
blizzard said that they are working on match making , do u guys think it will be done by summers end ?
06/04/2018 15:31Posted by Bax
Random America-inspired thought: Matchmaking does not insult people. People insult people.

wow I have never seen this many down votes on the forums until today.

-38 down votes wow that's a lot.
this issue is continually brought up because its continually a big problem . until u fix the match making we will always have toxicity in this game.
Game is !@#$ boys, move on.
No reason to stick with it.

I agree its a fun game because all the heroes/chars from all the games we have played over the years.
Came back to play a bit, got a nice 70% ratio BUT BAM i get an idiot that has 22% win percent and another with 30% keep getting people like that for 10ish games and there we go, im back at 50% as blizzard wants me to be.

It seriously makes me wish everything worst in every single person involved with MMR design. The worst problem is that they think they are doing a good job.

MOVE ON FROM THIS GAME. EVERY SINGLE DAY YOU PLAY IT IS A SERIOUS STRESS TO NERVS.

as for the devs. hope they get run over by a car, 5 times.
how many players have to post their disgust and discontent for the reporting , silence , & banning systems before blizzard will do something that the community wants ????

no wonder why this game is losing players left and right . its the only moba that has devs that flip an bird to its player base and says deal with it.
Wow... this thread is still going on... hahaha

I had a break from the game for about 10 days. Replayed Fallout 1 and 2. I will definitely do another replay of Fallout 2 with the Restoration Project on.

But anyways. I actually think its a good thing that this thread is still going. Maybe one day somebody from slizz will pay attention...

One thing that happened to me today was: We had epic trolls on our team. Two of them in fact. They participated in every team fight as long as it was happening near them in lane. One of them was Garrosh and if you got closer to him he'd flip you into the enemies, otherwise he'd do suicide dives. As long as we played around it, it was actually ok. Then one of them got polybombed by Medhiv and the two of them got closer and carried the polybomb from the middle of the map into our base and kept it on our Azmo. That lost us the game. It's a way of trolling that bypasses every automated system that could be in place, because first: they appear to be active, even making kills; second: they are a party of two, preventing four people being able to report somebody. How will anyone be able to punish such behaviour is beyond me. Stranger still... some people spare the time to engage in it.
06/07/2018 03:27Posted by YasenGoG
Wow... this thread is still going on... hahaha

I had a break from the game for about 10 days. Replayed Fallout 1 and 2. I will definitely do another replay of Fallout 2 with the Restoration Project on.

But anyways. I actually think its a good thing that this thread is still going. Maybe one day somebody from slizz will pay attention...

This is not the first thread about MMR and silence. There were few before that got locked and deleted by Blizzard (and they had 20+ pages easy).
Thats how it actually works, people come here, complain, make a point why both of the designed are bad and after a while some one comes to delete threads says "HERPDERP WE ARE LISTENING TO COMMUNITY" and then everything is forgotten until the next group of player comes and creates a new thread.
Random America-inspired thought: Matchmaking does not insult people. People insult people.

And people can be insulted by anything, since what is interpreted as insulting is subjective.

Duhhh

Do you need me to explain why that is a problem? Because it means everyone who plays hots has violated the code of conduct if one person found them to be toxic, therefore everyone is susceptible to a ban; yes, even you. You are also toxic in someone's opinion. Your version of "toxic" is no more right than theirs.
07/07/2018 06:48Posted by Steele

And people can be insulted by anything, since what is interpreted as insulting is subjective.

Duhhh

Do you need me to explain why that is a problem? Because it means everyone who plays hots has violated the code of conduct if one person found them to be toxic, therefore everyone is susceptible to a ban; yes, even you. You are also toxic in someone's opinion. Your version of "toxic" is no more right than theirs.

yup your 100% right .everyone is toxic to someone that plays this game . that's why the reporting system is a huge epic failure, that is literally killing this game by making the most competitive players leave out of frustration, thus this game wont be taken seriously as a E-Sport no matter how much money blizzard throws at it, until they change the silence / banning system .
08/07/2018 22:56Posted by Stormchaser
07/07/2018 06:48Posted by Steele

Duhhh

yup your 100% right .everyone is toxic to someone that plays this game . that's why the reporting system is a huge epic failure, that is literally killing this game by making the most competitive players leave out of frustration, thus this game wont be taken seriously as a E-Sport no matter how much money blizzard throws at it, until they change the silence / banning system .

this is why the report system doesn't work as intended, cause technically anything and everything u say in this game breaks the T.O.C. and the rules of conduct because in there it states that if u say something offensive to ANYONE u are breaking the T.O.C. LFMAO

well since that's the case , and offensive statements are subjective then everyone who says anything, or says nothing is a offender , and thus everyone gets put into the " TOXIC " category .
no matter what's going on in this game , this will always be an issue if blizzard doesn't address MMR.
The only thing this company listens to is money. Always follow the money with Blizzard/Bobby Kotick/Mike Morhaime.

Why does matchmaking sucks? Because matchmaking is built in a way that maximizes money-making opportunities for blizzard (e.g. carrying newbs / carrying casuals )

Why do i get banned for being upset during a game? Because it costs blizzard money when you say the bad "F" word -- you might offense some casual/noob who is less likely to play the game (casuals spend more money for items/xp boosts/etc. -- think naive soccer mom)

Why do only skins come out and no real gameplay improvements? skins/vanity items/etc. = more money .. development resources go to making blizzard money

and on and on and on it goes

Now the next question you have to ask yourself .. is this the type of company you want to support when it comes to your hobby?

i realize all companies need money to please shareholders/survive/stay in business .. but blizzard goes further and further to pleasing their shareholders and less about pleasing their customers with every passing year. How much more are we going to let them get away with before we give them the proverbial finger and move on and invest in games made by less greedy development teams/publishers?
04/07/2018 04:42Posted by Stormchaser

Obviously, because forums are filled with filthy millenialls who think that changing MM will magically fix their anger issues.

They believe that when matchmaking creates comfortable safe zone for them, they will suddenly be polite and inclusive. Well, guess what? That's what premade is for. Create your own safe space, don't expect things given to you for free, earn them.

So in that analogy, just as guns do not kill people, but people who want to murder someone because of their mental issues kill those people, matchmaking do not insult people. People with anger and mental issues willingly choose to insult other people. And just as an honest person need the gun to be protected from those ill minded people, honest player needs report system to get rid off ill minded chat abusers.

:D
16/07/2018 17:24Posted by Bax
04/07/2018 04:42Posted by Stormchaser

Obviously, because forums are filled with filthy millenialls who think that changing MM will magically fix their anger issues.

They believe that when matchmaking creates comfortable safe zone for them, they will suddenly be polite and inclusive. Well, guess what? That's what premade is for. Create your own safe space, don't expect things given to you for free, earn them.

So in that analogy, just as guns do not kill people, but people who want to murder someone because of their mental issues kill those people, matchmaking do not insult people. People with anger and mental issues willingly choose to insult other people. And just as an honest person need the gun to be protected from those ill minded people, honest player needs report system to get rid off ill minded chat abusers.

:D

the only person with anger on this thread that I can see is u . why would u get mad at a lot of people for calling out known mistakes on the match making that blizzard itself has acknowledged ?
I never thought my post would gain this much attention.