•Basic Attack Range has been increased from 5.5 to 7

Abilities
•Sand Blast (Q) ◦No longer gains bonus damage when hitting enemy Heroes
◦Range has been decreased from 17 to 15
◦Scaling damage increased from 2 to 4%
◦Echo scaling damage increased from 2 to 4%
◦Cast time decreased from 1 to .8 seconds
◦Mana cost decreased from 20 to 15

•Past and Future Me (Sand Blast Quest) ◦Echo unlock requirements reduced from 60 to 50 Sand Blast hits

•Dragon’s Breath (W) ◦Mana cost reduced from 70 to 50
◦Range decreased from 17 to 15
◦Dragon’s Breath’s ground splat is now visible to enemies .5 seconds after cast
◦Damage reduced from 480 to 360
◦Cooldown reduced from 12 to 9 seconds

•Trait Addition: Bronze Talons ◦Hitting an enemy Hero with a Basic Ability increases the damage of Chromie’s next Basic Attack by 100%

Talents
•Level 1 ◦Mounting Sand (Q) ◦Additional Functionality: ◦Now also increases the damage of Sand Blast’s Echo by 40%

◦Timewalker’s Pursuit (Active) ◦Adjusted Functionality: ◦No longer grants Mana Regeneration per Regen Globe gathered. Now grants 1 extra Mana Regeneration on quest complete.

•Level 2 ◦Bronze Talons (Passive) ◦Removed

◦New Talent: Draconic Barrage (Trait) ◦Increase the bonus Basic Attack damage from casting Abilities by an additional 100%. Hitting an enemy Hero with Sand Blast grants 2 empowered Basic Attacks.

•Level 5 ◦Mobius Loop (W) ◦New functionality: ◦If an enemy Hero is hit by Dragon’s Breath, lower the cooldown by 2 seconds and refund the Mana cost

◦Chrono Sickness (E) ◦Slow amount reduced from 50 to 35%

•Level 11 ◦Time Out (Active) ◦Duration reduced from 7 to 5 seconds

•Level 14 ◦Fast Forward (Q) ◦Range requirement reduced from 75 to 70%

◦Quantum Overdrive (Active) ◦Ability Power bonus increased from 20 to 25%

Developer Comment: We’re making a few changes to Chromie to reduce the frustration when playing against her and to reduce her wide power variance between games. A number of these changes are designed to increase counter-play when playing against Chromie, like reducing her range on her abilities and letting enemies see Dragon’s Breath shortly after it has been cast. In exchange, Chromie’s Sand Blast has a shorter cast time, and she will now have a modified version of Bronze Talons baseline, where she can weave in auto-attacks for hitting enemy Heroes with her abilities. The reason we decided to give her the additional Bronze Talons trait is so that Chromie players are encouraged to interact more with their opponents. We’re rewarding them for getting into more dangerous positions with the possibility of increased damage output. This also lets us redistribute her damage away from her high burst, long range abilities, and more into something her opponents have a better opportunity to play around. We like Chromie’s unique place in our game as a long-range, artillery mage that requires enemies to pay attention to their positioning but over time we found that she simply had too much range and burst for players to feel like they had an engaging experience when playing against her. While we’ve had a blast with these changes, we’ll continue to keep an eye on her going forward and are prepared to make additional tweaks as needed.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

what do u guys think ? this isn't a rant, just wondering your thoughts on this .
my opinion is that this will reduce a lot of chromie game play. I know that is the overall desired intent, however I fell that a lot of chromie mains will leave the game over these changes. which normally wouldn't bother me but their are more chromie mains then any other hero on Hots.

look for your self chromie has the highest popularity other than raynor cause hes flavor of the month.

https://www.hotslogs.com/Default
RIP chromie who isn't even played on higher tiers. Crybabes get what they want.

Nerfed range, nerfed dmg and on the top of that - visible dragon.
But hey! we will make you AA caster!

Is it so hard to take counterpick?
It's a BURF.

A rework. Some aspects are nerfed while others are buffed.
I don't like the fact her damage bonuses only apply if you hit things while in the mean time they made everything visible.

I can see what they are trying to do, but this essentially makes her Li-ming without teleporting.

From a calculating sniper who has to think of her shots to....
Someone desperately trying to hit someone so they can do more damage.

Overall I am mixed on this. I feel like she was still better in the past when you can focus on a W build, Q build or mixed build... but now...I am not sure what to think. Though this is a step up in usefullness and less 1 sided build on chromie.. it's still to me an overall gameplay change on her that I do not welcome.

It's like Blizzard hates snipers. 1st you nerf Ana's range and rework her to only make me say: "Not changing build anyway..."
To taking away chromie's snipering and making me go: "Not sure if I want to change builds"

If you want me to play more risky as chromie.. you gotta reward me.
With ana.. the whole thing was that her sleeping darts build was superior due to the fact you get range, multi sleep and multi heal. Perfect for supporting.
Her damage build was a joke as it didnt do enough damage and put you at risk
And grenade build was so-so but not usefull enough.

Then her rework made me go: Alright let's see how they handled damage Ana.. to only find out.. it just gives her burst heal, not even the crits that would REWARD your risk for not going AOE control and AOE healing but a burst heal.

Though release Ana was abit too good with spreading her poison and getting her burst heal/crit damage.

So yea...
31/07/2018 17:25Posted by Kotlol
It's a BURF.

A rework. Some aspects are nerfed while others are buffed.
I don't like the fact her damage bonuses only apply if you hit things while in the mean time they made everything visible.

I can see what they are trying to do, but this essentially makes her Li-ming without teleporting.

From a calculating sniper who has to think of her shots to....
Someone desperately trying to hit someone so they can do more damage.

Overall I am mixed on this. I feel like she was still better in the past when you can focus on a W build, Q build or mixed build... but now...I am not sure what to think. Though this is a step up in usefullness and less 1 sided build on chromie.. it's still to me an overall gameplay change on her that I do not welcome.

It's like Blizzard hates snipers. 1st you nerf Ana's range and rework her to only make me say: "Not changing build anyway..."
To taking away chromie's snipering and making me go: "Not sure if I want to change builds"

If you want me to play more risky as chromie.. you gotta reward me.
With ana.. the whole thing was that her sleeping darts build was superior due to the fact you get range, multi sleep and multi heal. Perfect for supporting.
Her damage build was a joke as it didnt do enough damage and put you at risk
And grenade build was so-so but not usefull enough.

Then her rework made me go: Alright let's see how they handled damage Ana.. to only find out.. it just gives her burst heal, not even the crits that would REWARD your risk for not going AOE control and AOE healing but a burst heal.

Though release Ana was abit too good with spreading her poison and getting her burst heal/crit damage.

So yea...

I respectfully disagree with u 100% im a chromie main, I have over 4 ,000 matches on chromie out of all my accounts.

here is why I think this is a really big nerf.

1). RANGE chromie's range has been nerfed 3 times already and she currently has only 1 to 1 .5 range on her sand blast futher than and li-ming 's Q, this means that li-ming , sgt hammer , jaina, and KT will OUT RANGE chromie's Q ( snad Blast ) , futher more this puts chromie in KTZ's chain range, varians charge, and Garrosh' s stun and flip Etc ......at all times . this 1 massive nerf creates about 7-10 new counters to chromie while not giving her any Life pool increase which chromie has the lowest life pool out of all mages, and the 3rd lowest life pool in the entire game only to beat abathur, & murky.

2). only the really really good chromie's can even finish her quest below the 17 min mark which is the mark blizzard set for chromie. which means only really good chromies were even getting to benefit and use Echo, cause your Echo doesn't even show until u finish the quest., which means u cant even use ?Here and Now " until u get your Echo. and blizzard said on the last chromie nerf , " they wanted to reward great chromies but punish bad chromies " . which is fair cause chromie is hard to master.

3). reducing her time trap slow from 50% to 35% is beyond a nerf cause 1ft off its only for 1 sec , and they just nerfed her time traps to be able to be seen ez and destroyed with less hit points, and for melee to not trigger them at close range while they are attacking them. 2nd chromie needed that full sec to actually hit her hard counters like Tracer, Gengi, zeratul, valeera. so what u got is all of chromies counters getting more mobile at shorter ranges on chromie while chromie not having any escape other than the DUOBBLE BLADED SWORD we call " Bye Bye" which I hate but always get cause it can save u but it means u are taken out of the fight .

4). the so called " buff " to bronze talons , which I never ever took cause trap slow & trap reset was by far superior if u were a really good chromie, is the biggest laughable so called buff I have ever seen. so for chromie to basic attack anything she has to be with in a close range which means something has gone wrong , I.E. chromie about to die, or lane pushing with your team. and her basic attacks even with bronze talons are weaker than most melee and mobile hero basic attacks which means that chromie will always lose the close quarter battles, cause she has no way of regenerating health or dodging anything which makes her a sitting duck / lame duck now that cant get to close but cant get to far which means she will be doing more running back and forth to stay alive rather then attacking .
31/07/2018 17:25Posted by Kotlol

Blizzard policy:
"Make a game NOOB friendly"...
Step by step, they change this game into "Mekong" - less and less requrement of logical thinking, and more blind game...
Dunno, I love playing vs Chromie on Nova or Zera

Just flank her (▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿) ▄︻̷̿┻̿═━一

Wait until she gets her attention divirted (ノ◕ヮ◕)ノ*:・゚✧

And pow (ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻ (;´༎ຶД༎ຶ`)

Healer will only be like ༼ つ ಥ_ಥ ༽つ
31/07/2018 16:57Posted by Vilgefortz

On the bright side, not having the quest could be a buff in higher tiers, as her quest dependency could become a handicap against teams that are prepared to dodge.
---

As for the rework: I'm fine with the general idea, numbers might need some tuning.

Slightly shorter range is annoying, but doable. It's still pretty big even after the nerf, and her Q fires faster for slightly easier aiming (might need time to adapt to new timing though).

Q quest gone is great, I never liked the concept of *needing* stacks to scale properly. I do wish they give her some Q damage back though, as the original deal was halved scaling + lower base damage in exchange for the quest. Now that they're reverting the quest again, it does seem unfair that they're only reverting part of those changes. (Clone quest alone doesn't seem enough to compensate a permanent 25% nerf + loss of better clone talent.)

Bronze Talons gone is painful (no more damage against dodging divers), but I guess it can't be helped. At least she gets slightly higher damage output when she does hit her Q, so she has some compensation in that regard. Will see how it plays out. (Might need more dmg to fully compensate the reduced range and proc rate).

W changes seem doable, lower burst but more sustained firepower/chances to hit (and at least lower cd makes her W quest better). Will need to see how much difference 0.5s warning makes in terms of dodgeability. (Azmo Q's also hit people with a giant warning, so hitting well-aimed W's might also be doable even with the warning.). Loss of waveclear could be a problem though, old W was surprisingly decent for 1-shotting normal waves, which will be a lot harder now.
31/07/2018 19:21Posted by skyboom
I respectfully disagree with u 100% im a chromie main, I have over 4 ,000 matches on chromie out of all my accounts.

I half main chromie.. but under those guises (since I found new chromie to dull) I can see the problem.
I still like release chromie cause it allows you to play more diverse but the chromie before this rework pretty much became a 1 note build with barely any reason to diversify.

This new one may do it, but I never thought she has to get TOO CLOSE.
Welp.... my bad there :) Thanks for the post
I can tell u right, and I willing to bet money on it these changes will be enough to have a drastic decrease in chromie play.

u cant mess with her timing of Q which is 1 sec to .8 and the range 17 down to 15 and the timing on slows from time traps all at once and have a good outcome , because it takes a lot of time with chromie to learn her timing to hit her Q skill shots.

on top of all that she will be out ranged by sgt. hammer, li-ming, jaina, Hanzo, KT, & KTZ all of which have greater Life pools then her .

and the fact that the devs said a they made a chromie quest cause the trade off was less upfront damage cause the scalable quest was a reward for good chromies that could land skill shots , and now her damage is nerfed , the quest is taken away, and she only gets a 2% scalable damage increase ?

Laughable damage with constant high risk and very small life pool make her a liability.

not to mention sgt . hammer is now free to do what ever uncontested cause chromie was the only true counter to hammer , and now hammer is a counter to chromie .
31/07/2018 23:12Posted by skyboom
not to mention sgt . hammer is now free to do what ever uncontested cause chromie was the only true counter to hammer , and now hammer is a counter to chromie .

Still enough heroes to take care of her.
Li-Ming, Hanzo come to mind in few seconds.
however I fell that a lot of chromie mains will leave the game over these changes
https://www.hotslogs.com/Default

However.. if they play only chromie.... i couldn't agree more, let them go gracefully..main "one character players" yeah..if you are like 100lvl and they are too lazy to learn anything new
why would u play chromie if she has the same range or less range then all the other mages but half the life ? don't know if a lot of chromie mains will leave the game but after seeing this rework I don't think chromie will even be close to viable.
I don't like chromie but I could counter he pretty ez with tracer and zeratul so she really was never threat to me . and once u get past diamond 5 u barley see any chromies cause she is just way to ez to predict and counter. don't know why all the nerfs I always thought she needed buffs to even be picked at the higher lvls of ranked play.
in my opinion her only OP thing is bye bye.
@skyboom, I 100% agree with u. Its a 100% nerf.

and all the dmg reduction also incrediblely nerf her E build, which I also think is her best but not really so popular build. I know someone maybe says that , see, her skill CD also got reduced, but it doesn't matter in E build at all. And in late games her main dmg comes from Q stacks but not just W if u play well, in my situation, i usually got 100+ stacks in average, and in volskaya mostly about 200 for a 25min game. I can accept the range reduction but stacks and dmg is really too much.

I never took aa build coz i think if u stay in a range of 7.3, almost every hero could get u with own ability and with chromies poor HP, u cant do really dmg for long time. And the reset one brings much more dmg.
I personaly find that chromie isn't an issue in her current state at all for me . I just draft tracer or nova and put pressure on her the whole game and she ends up with less damage then our healer.

this is without a doubt a major nerf to chromie.

which is really sad cause I have always thought chromie was a necessary tool in the game to teach poorly skilled players from bronze , silver and lower gold that they cant stand still & need to be aware of positioning while fighting .

she would always punish bad positioning, and tightly group teams during team fights which should be punished to teach them the importance of positioning.
Her damage is still ridicules high. Just had a match, 1-2 hits from her ability, and i had to go back as stukov
01/08/2018 23:06Posted by insomnia
Her damage is still ridicules high. Just had a match, 1-2 hits from her ability, and i had to go back as stukov

the chromie nerf is next Tuesday, its not active yet.
Less range and damage than li-ming who has high burst, escapes and heals... what was Chromies role again?

Blizzard consider just deleting the hero entirely instead of these borderline thoughtless reworks. All I see here is a nerf to those who could aim her Q and build her quest and a buff to those who couldn't all the while making her an objectively worse option than any other mage.

Then you want her kit to revolve around a 7 range trait over your 15 range spells to get that dps back so you can force her EVEN CLOSER into the fight!! So she can be in range of everything under the sun. A hero whose placement means EVERYTHING to their survival because they have nothing else.

The PENULTIMATE RANGED hero is now resembling a close range assassin. Laughable.

Whenever I saw a Chromie I just saw easy pickings because she was easy to get burst alone with her range keeping her further apart from her team. Now its just bordering on meme status.

This should never go live but they won't listen. Not for years.
31/07/2018 16:57Posted by Vilgefortz

Nerfed range, nerfed dmg and on the top of that - visible dragon.
But hey! we will make you AA caster!

Is it so hard to take counterpick?

Watch Cris sometimes. Chromie is usually banned/picked espsially on maps like towers of doom