CHROMIE nerfs or rework ???

General Discussion
I barely ever post on here.. That's how you know I am FUMING with these changes. Spend the whole of my time running from divers and enemy ranged. I hate that I have no choice but to accept this desecration.

31/07/2018 19:22Posted by WhiteBat
31/07/2018 17:25Posted by Kotlol

It's like Blizzard hates snipers. 1st you nerf Ana's range and rework her to only make me say: "Not changing build anyway..."
To taking away chromie's snipering and making me go: "Not sure if I want to change builds"

Blizzard policy:
"Make a game NOOB friendly"...
Step by step, they change this game into "Mekong" - less and less requrement of logical thinking, and more blind game...

Never a truer word spoken... Those who can't be bothered to pick a counter whine at her. Skillful players losing out AGAIN due to whiner babies.

Yet if we whine now for a year to return her to her reasonable state she was in to begin with nothing will get done to save face.

I mean seriously Blizzard... what were you thinking? Where is her extra HP for this ridiculous Kit you have provided.

This may sound like a rant but there is nothing more I can say that has not already been said. You have wasted time recreating and fixing what was not broken when there are perfectly fine out of favour heroes you could bring up to date.

I am literally devastated, she was my favourite and now she is countered by everyone and her main abilities are laughed at.

Today I time looped someone and they stood there while I fired all my spells at them and they laughed it off like it was nothing... why... because it is nothing now.

Chromie has died a death. All the time wasted on updating her when she will never be picked anymore. well done. I can barely stand to play her now when I get pumped by every man and his dog.
I will never play chromie ever again, she was my fav hero and now she is utter crap, her range nerf puts me in range of every ones attacks , while having a zero buff to HP .

f@ck this game .

im so tired of the dumbing down high skilled heros cause u have cry babies who don't want to counter draft her or they just want to stand still in team fights . she was never good at high ranks to began with, cause skilled players know u have to keep moving to counter her. now she sucks across the board.

im so done with this , she was my fav hero cause it took a lot of skill to play her at medium to high lvls.

im now just going to take a break from this game until they buff her

---- bye bye blizzard.
wow, just wow .

way to go blizz , nerfed my best hero into the ground.

the chromie nerfs make her non-playable.

time to go back to LoL & Dota 2 for a bit , see you guys in about 6-8 months
Can only agree with what the others here have already said - There was absolutely no need for this degree of a nerf - Chromie was not overpowered before and could be countered very effectively by the right characters already. This change seems like it's pandering to noobs who have no idea about good positioning and were getting picked off by Chromie due to their own stupidity.

The damage reduction and range nerfs are bad enough considering Chromie already had very low hp, but then going the extra mile of letting enemies see dragon's breath so it's pretty much always avoidable unless they're distracted/CC'd makes her already easily avoidable moves even harder to land.

One of the most fun things with old Chromie was that through timing her moves well you could get in a sequence in certain situations which would deal potentially devastating damage. Reduced damage, range, messing with sand blast cast time and the nerfs to dragon's breath and bronze talons coming all at once has effectively killed this character. I don't see why anyone would choose to play her now even in the most casual of games.

Classic Blizzard, nerf characters that don't need it and don't work on those which could really use it.
I hate the new nerf... chromie is a canon glass, now she does not damage at all. it is my top 1 and really note the diference. The sand blast quest was the only thing that was able to hold the line in late games... now if you reach late you're completely !@#$ed up... at least put some bonus dmg... not 500 as before but 200.
Yep she got nerfed to poo.
I know she was dumb, but you guys went hammmm on herrr.
Ugghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

#FrustratedwithcompletereworkofmybuildohmygoshI'mtriggered
08/08/2018 19:38Posted by oldmanmiller
wow, just wow .

way to go blizz , nerfed my best hero into the ground.

the chromie nerfs make her non-playable.

time to go back to LoL & Dota 2 for a bit , see you guys in about 6-8 months

Yeah... I feel like I'm not good enough at the game to put out consistent damage with her now.... I feel like I was only able to hit 'W' because they can't c it. That's the freakin point!! Now I have to get closer to the fight with my frail tuchas and will get stomped even more.

Don't get me wrong she was cheap. But so are many other characters in the game. Let's see the community response from this to see if they approve of these changes or not!

Like or Dislike to vote!
this was by far the biggest nerf I have ever seen in this game to a single hero.

I really kind of lost the urge to play this game anymore, cause I feel its only a matter of time before they nerf all the heros to a streamlined casual play style where u barely have to move in a team fight.

im sure they will buff chromie soon cause here win rate and rep rate dropped drastically like I said it would.
09/08/2018 16:45Posted by Bloodbörn
this was by far the biggest nerf I have ever seen in this game to a single hero.

I really kind of lost the urge to play this game anymore, cause I feel its only a matter of time before they nerf all the heros to a streamlined casual play style where u barely have to move in a team fight.

im sure they will buff chromie soon cause here win rate and rep rate dropped drastically like I said it would.

The sad thing is that they will most likely buff the hero after a backlash of the community, but what i predict will happen is that they buff her HP, AA damage and stuff like that

I love playing chromie and i don't care whether she was nerfed or not, but what really saddens me is that this change effectively destroyed the flavor of "Long-Range" "High-Burst" sniper and timing abilities

It's exactly the same beef as i had with azmodan, who got the exact same treatment by being even more streamlined

I'm really saddened over the design philosophy blizz's been having over the past couple of months with HOTS, i feel like the "out of box" thinking when designing the game has been thrown out the window to make the game more appealing to casual players who just want to chill (?), but thats just my opinion

sorry for rant
Hi,
I have approx. 1500 games in ranked play and +54% winrate with Chromie and I simply can't finish the job with her anymore. Even today I tend to get highest damage out of 10 players but I can't get the kills that I am used too. What I can't understand is why do Blizzard nerf a hero that has below 50 percent winrate. Again, I play her alot with atleast 30% MVP rate but I only win approx 54%. In the lower leagues her expected winrate is approx. 48-ish% (probably even lower).

When my opponents pick her, I feel confident, knowing that I have some advantage against her. I can predict her moves and avoid getting hit. And it's no surprise that I win more often against her then most of the other heroes. And at times I get countered so hard that I feel completely useless.. and all that it contains.. Why Blizzard, why did you nerf her? At level 291(Chromie with stimpack) its time for a change. I just hope that this is not the beginning of the end for "unusual" heroes in HotS. ? Blizzard is, after all, very good at creating unique heroes in moba-games.

I love the game! But I also love to see more flexible solutions to the real problems! Blizzard has a crew with creative people, please show the world what you can do! :)

Best regards,
Massive mage fan / KIM
09/08/2018 23:38Posted by KIM
Hi,
I have approx. 1500 games in ranked play and +54% winrate with Chromie and I simply can't finish the job with her anymore. Even today I tend to get highest damage out of 10 players but I can't get the kills that I am used too. What I can't understand is why do Blizzard nerf a hero that has below 50 percent winrate. Again, I play her alot with atleast 30% MVP rate but I only win approx 54%. In the lower leagues her expected winrate is approx. 48-ish% (probably even lower).

When my opponents pick her, I feel confident, knowing that I have some advantage against her. I can predict her moves and avoid getting hit. And it's no surprise that I win more often against her then most of the other heroes. And at times I get countered so hard that I feel completely useless.. and all that it contains.. Why Blizzard, why did you nerf her? At level 291(Chromie with stimpack) its time for a change. I just hope that this is not the beginning of the end for "unusual" heroes in HotS. ? Blizzard is, after all, very good at creating unique heroes in moba-games.

I love the game! But I also love to see more flexible solutions to the real problems! Blizzard has a crew with creative people, please show the world what you can do! :)

Best regards,
Massive mage fan / KIM

im actually taking a big break from Hots over this chromie nerf . im going to urge my friends to take a break as well .

there was absolutely no reason to nerf chromie , she had the lowest win rate out of all mages. at 47% -48% before the nerf, now she is at 45% in just 2 days after this massive nerf and is still dropping.

blizzard only nerffed chromie to please the really, really , bad / poorly skilled casuals in Q.M. that don't want to be aware of positioning.

here check out her WIN RATE for your self . https://www.hotslogs.com/Default
Hots/Blizzard you are pretty good at killing/nerfing my favorite characters. Thank you, I really appreciate it.
Oh, well! Time to play less family/noob friendly games than this. Bye-bye.
there is absolutely no reason to play chromie anymore at all. her HP is the lowest in the game , and her range sucks now cause she is in range of all attacks now , and her damage is laughable.

I will never player her again .
09/08/2018 16:45Posted by Bloodbörn

I agree , this chromie nerf is the biggest nerf i have ever seen in the game. it is clearly to help out , poorly skilled casuals in Q.M. that are oblivious to positioning.
By putting a large portion of her damage into AA they pushed her to 7 range and in doing so they made almost every hero in the game a hard counter.

it doesn't even matter what hero I pick now, me and my team can delete a Chromie once she comes in for her bronze talons. Which is all the time. She basically needs to stay in 7 range to deal damage never utilizing the 15 range of her Q.

The whole point of bronze talons was to help her hit agile heroes like illidan since he's very hard to get a Q on. Now she actually has to hit her Q to get bronze talents making it impossible for her to win any fight against a backliner/agile hero even if they only had a drop of hp. She can hardly win any 1v1 with her poor damage vs her hp pool.

I've played many games with her new change and I'm starting to think they actually want you to spam her Q from 15 range for a pittance of damage and only use her bronze talents opportunistically and by opportunistically I mean never because you will die for it.

You may as well give up on her W which now has a double telegraph (Cast/land)
Hits for almost nothing, so why not add salt to the wound and pick the genius level talent that gives you a tiny bit of mana if you actually hit it. Which will be once in a blue moon and the occasional freezing over of hell.

She can't even help take a camp anymore, let alone secure kills. Why pick her over any other mage? or any other AA assassin. She has no role.

They made her only have 1 talent per tier. I've never seen a worse balance patch in my life.

Level 1 - Mounting sands because she has such little damage.
Level 2 - Draconic barrage because she has such little damage.
level 5 - Dragons Eye (We live in hope) because she has such little damage.
Level 8 - Temporal loop - You want to hit your W right?
Level 11 - You actually have a choice here.
Level 14 - Shifting sands because she has such little damage.
Level 18 - piercing sands, What choice do you have, almost useless at 15 range unless you get to say uuuh 7 range maybe you'll hit two.

All in all leaving you a poor ineffective liability at 20 who still does very little damage.

Will probably be the first to die and cost the match for your team no matter how skilled you are with the new timings and hitting your shots because you will not live long and if you do you're probably not doing effective damage to make a difference.

Chromie has went from a ban pick to a throw pick in one patch note. A clear overnerf that was more than a nerf, it was a total role change. No rational mind should of looked at an artillery mage and said, lets make her super close range, nerf her damage all over, telegraph more, leave her lack of survivability the same and replace her trait with Bronze talons...

I had to check the date to make sure I wasn't caught in a Temporal loop because I thought it was April 1st.

Which once again leaved the question. What is she for? why pick her ever? Just play any other mage or Hanzo.
Dear Blizzard,
you already make me stop playing WoW after 10+ years due massive server unbalance (EU/Tarren Mill for these who know what I am talking about) with only choice to migrate 10+ chars for lots of money, thanks but no...
And now after rather small nerf but massive change of Chromies gamplay I am going to stop playing your other game too. Good job there!
12/08/2018 13:13Posted by ExiE
WoW after 10+ years

hahahaha loser.
Obvious nerf and a really harsh one. Chromie's been reduced from viable to trash. The lowest win rate as of now with a pathetic 37.3% and a tanking popularity. A really sad day. Another one bites the dust with one less fun hero to play as. Great job Blizzard, as always. Keep up the good work. Wondering which one you molest next.
This is still a thing.
No, its not. She has been buffed and she is now at 50.7% winrate in master league according to hotslogs.