Less and less players

General Discussion
So blizzard started banning now and even perm banning people who got reported a lot.

Huge skill gaps between players on same rank made ranked games less popular than it once was.

Still we had games a after 1 minute and maybe after 3-4 at the morning (its normal).

Creating silence system was epic bad idea. They thought that this will be the way to fix problem mentioned above but it wasn't. People got silenced, can't play ranked games. A lot of ppl just disabled allied chat to avoid silence.

Now they added bans and even if you disable allied chat you can be perma banned because people will report you for afk/feeding if they can't report you for chat.

After some time we have to wait like 3-4min for games and like 6-7 at the morning.

First bad is 14 days, second 30 days? Idk It appears third ban is perma so if you actually play this game sooner or later you can be banned even if you don't deserve it.

If nothing will change we will run out of players :D
At this point, it looks like nothing will change, unfortunately. That this post is two days old and still on the front page should tell you just how far into the ground Blizzard has driven their game.
25/09/2018 03:13Posted by Vanaheim
At this point, it looks like nothing will change, unfortunately. That this post is two days old and still on the front page should tell you just how far into the ground Blizzard has driven their game.

Well, US forum is very alive. Although, its 100% full of negative posts :D With cussing and so on.
I like competitive MOBA games and I love HotS. But I see no reason to play a game that will be closed in next one-two years :(
25/09/2018 06:44Posted by Nova
25/09/2018 03:13Posted by Vanaheim

Well, US forum is very alive. Although, its 100% full of negative posts :D With cussing and so on.
Goes to show how well the GMs actually police their game. If they were actually upholding their code of conduct, 90% of the forum posters would be banned.

I myself question the wisdom of having a "maturity filter" that can be disabled in a game where any utterance, even out of context, is sufficient grounds to uphold an account sanction of a week or longer.
I swear all the time and I've never recieved a warning, a ban or a silence..

Maybe it's because I swear, but not AT people.
25/09/2018 09:30Posted by Mory
I like competitive MOBA games and I love HotS. But I see no reason to play a game that will be closed in next one-two years :(

How is the fact that a game will shut down in the future a reason to not play it now if you're having fun? Youre having fun
Maybe dont put any money into it, or do stop if u arent having fun, but that fact that u love it implies that you're enjoying it....
I got 2 suspensions so far, probably heading toward the perma ban at some point. I've made peace with that since this game is becoming more and more frustrating each day anyway. Went from playing 4-5 games a day to barely 4-5 per week. Some of my friends already quit the game and refuse to play it anymore.

Yeah, I'll openly admit I was "toxic" to people on a number of occasions, suspension fully deserved. BUT the very irking and frustrating part of out all this: the real trolls, AFK-ers, and people who just generally ruin my games, and the games of other people, the ones that cause me (and most likely a bunch of other people) to be "toxic" as well - well, they seem just fine.

Had a guy in one of my games recently, picked all the wrong talents and ult (honestly, 50% chance to get it right, how hard can it be), and when I told him this (POLITELY!) he said something along the lines of "I play how I like". Checked his profile after the game, 27% winrate with said hero. And had quite a number of games played. That's just sad - but the real question is, why do I get matched with THAT?

I'm not the best player out there, but at least I'm not a deadweight to my team, losing people's games because I'm too stupid to read my talents and figure out which ones I should pick.

If this type of attitude is encouraged - "I PlaY WhAt I WaNt beCaUse I WaNt To HaVe FuN aNd **** yOu Ppl aNd yOuR gAmE Im JUst GuNNa LoSe iT fOR Yall" - don't be surprised that people start to get toxic. You match people who want to win with trolls who are "playing for fun" (and by this I mean not bothering in the slightest to actually win the game or get better at it)....well yeah, that's the kind of "toxicity" you're encouraging.

The way I see it, this kind of thing is the true "toxic". Because if you get offended by a random person calling you names on a virtual battleground, you have some serious self confidence issues anyway. I've been called many things over the internet, never once bothered me.

If normal people wouldn't get matched with trolls who can't or won't pull their own weight, there wouldn't be much cause for all that "TOXICITY". Trolls will laugh in your face while you get suspended for being "abusive", then go on and ruin more matches for more people, and get more people banned for being "abusive". But do THEY get banned? No, they do not. Because there's no report for being bad at the game, beyond any shred of doubt or hope.

And why be "abusive" you ask? Simply because you are outraged at this kind of behavior. This kind of thing SHOULD bother you. It should bother everyone, and if it did, maybe they wouldn't find a place in team games anymore.
I see they made reporting so easy that people spam reports on everyone after/during every game for no reason. If you think GMs look is there valid reason behind the report, you're delusional. They just look that you have hit "critical mass" of reports and punish you.

Looks like reporting other player is now even "toxic". just had a player who gave up at 3minute mark because we lost first objective but in blizzard's eyes that's nothing if you give up early. It's bigger offense to say that I'll report you...that's toxic. So unhealthy community and reporting system. I agree that eventually everyone will be banned
I have regularly used Voice and text chat in HL for thousands of games over 3+ years...
Haven´t received a single ban or warning in all that time, even though i´m pointing out mistakes or tactics pretty much every game.

Either i´m ridiculously lucky, or those blind reports aren´t really happening as often as some people want to make it seem.
27/09/2018 09:38Posted by MemeSupreme
I have regularly used Voice and text chat in HL for thousands of games over 3+ years...
Haven´t received a single ban or warning in all that time, even though i´m pointing out mistakes or tactics pretty much every game.

Either i´m ridiculously lucky, or those blind reports aren´t really happening as often as some people want to make it seem.

You're ridiculously lucky. Same thing happened to me, thought the same as you. Until I got my first suspension.

I hope I'm not right, but yeah.

"I used Voice for 3+ years and never been banned!"
<Voice came out less than a year ago>

Erm.
- Toxic report system and community
- Balance team is completely clueless, besides releasing new heroes OP to sell them
- Skins are the only content the team cares about
I'd give this game 1-2 years more at most.
Yeah..agree..just accept our human race is always unfloenced from this law of negative energy and this never be changed,as you know that very well. Our human race is weak vs this law of negative energy. And like in game in our life, war between evile and love is 60 % lose or powerful evile dark side and 40 % win for good or love. And for period of time this ratio change inversely. And law contnue non stop. And we cant change this or do nothing!!!.
once everybody leaves, do I get put in grandmaster league or what?
28/09/2018 02:25Posted by Calculated

"I used Voice for 3+ years and never been banned!"
<Voice came out less than a year ago>

Erm.

Objection, you didn't quote him correctly, he said he was using TEXT and voice for 3 years, either you don't understand logic or you are purposely misquoting him to make him sound stupid or a liar. Either way, you're reported, enjoy your ban.