Capture 4 Watchtowers (Event Quest) Troll?

General Discussion
Hi everyone,

So are we being trolled with this capture 4 watchtowers in winning games when they only have 1 map with watchtowers on rotation in QM and UD? This is a bit silly is it not? Ive done all the other quests no problem, 3 chars down and on this last one. So youre telling me i have to get Curse Map by chance and then hop eto catch 4 watch towers within that time and win? Yesterday i played i didnt get curse for about 5 hours... you cant expect people to wait 5 hours to get one map for their only chance at (maybe) completing the quest... This one was not thought out very well was it dev team?

You could at least bring Skytemple back into the rotation and then the quest might be possible within a smaller time frame and not having players waiting hours for a single map rotation to appear...

This quest needs tweaking or you need to have maps with actual watch towers in - PS: Reacon camps on Hanumara dont count either - i tried.

Any explanation for this lack for thought?

Peace.
I did the fault of starting out with that quest chain. Already stuck in my ability to get further because of this.
Yeah they really didnt think it through... Its a shame as this will cause lots of frustration to a really amazing event that everyone is enjoying..... Until now. :(
So you guessed it... I get Cursed on QM... im like wooooo, then we get a Sylvanas who wont come to tributes and says she is better of soloing for xp the whole time.... Lost all 6 tributes and GG... Reported the idiot and even asked nicely to come to objective - but the idiot even replies "NO thats not my job" XDDDDD

Honestly... and now i have to wait hours for this mp to spawn again... Even i have patience but this is pushing me to the limit; all for one quest that should be easy.

Q___Q
Do those things in private AI games. Works fine there.
in Ai they dont capture back so you only get 2 and with the low amount of watchtowers maps this quest is utter bull!@#$ blizzard really didnt think this trough. Especially when you get hanamura and the vision points dont count as you need to defeat basic mobs to get it.

Blizzard please fix this bull%^-*.

Thanks a normally really happy player.
I want to know who thought of that quest, what they were smoking and how I can prevent them from ever touching that substance ever again.
27/09/2018 12:30Posted by Trippie
Yeah they really didnt think it through... Its a shame as this will cause lots of frustration to a really amazing event that everyone is enjoying..... Until now. :(

xD "Until now" It's literally been a day, so the enjoyment hasn't been that much.
Well. In two days i got only once that map. And, ofcourse, it only counts for that one who take watchtower. Not for entire team.
Cursed Hollow isn't in rotation. You're seeing it because beginner players only see that map for a short bit, regardless of the current rotation.
10 games, 1 map that had watchtowers, was able to capture one the entire match.

Can't wait to play 30 more games for this well thought out quest.
The other issue is that u actually complete the quest u selected. I got the map once and was on a different quest since i though i'd better finish the rest then wait for that map as a read the forums and reddit :( and ... guess what ... it didnt counted the quest as completed ...

U can acutally make the bots retake the watchtowers if u play a bit passive around them and make them chase u but its quite the struggle ...
I did it by doing Vs. AI (You can change which quest you're on)-- the battleground is set and won't change, so just enter an AI game, see if its cursed hollow. If it is, continue, if its NOT then exit the game and choose another questline (you can change anytime) to do.

When you get cursed hollow up, make sure the AI is set to a decent amount so they don't die too fast and do it.

its still annoying as feck though because the AI won't naturally try to capture towers on its own so you basically have to bait them over to them, and it can be hard to get them to notice you. And even worse, if a tribute goes up, they'll go "Well, this guy's at 10% hp, but feck it, I'm leaving him be and running off" meaning they won't recapture the tower.
And since you need to get 4 caps, that means they have to recapture twice...
If you want to be rude about it, use Falstad, Dehaka or something else to quickly move to a watchtower.
Lol, I finished this quest from the first try in unranked. (played Dva)
I noticed the game has a poor sense of humour when you are on this quest it doesn't rotate the maps with watchtowers quite often, 18 games in and only 1 map.
After disabling the quest (switching to another) I had 6/6 maps with watchtowers.

Trolling ?
Maybe.

Not sure.

Not enough data
28/09/2018 12:27Posted by Nova
Lol, I finished this quest from the first try in unranked. (played Dva)

Well. They made some changes.
Now, it's not that hard to finish.

https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1045503823869956096/video/1
28/09/2018 13:43Posted by CasualPlayer
I noticed the game has a poor sense of humour when you are on this quest it doesn't rotate the maps with watchtowers quite often, 18 games in and only 1 map.
After disabling the quest (switching to another) I had 6/6 maps with watchtowers.

Trolling ?
Maybe.

Not sure.

Not enough data

I had a similar experience, though I did get maps without a Watch Tower when not on the quest. But to be honest I do think that is mostly just perception/"luck" as the map rotation pool only had 1 map with Watch Towers (until the hotfix) out of 6 maps.
Still in search of a map to tick this off once & I've played more than i usually do this week.. they are clever they robbed me from other mmo's xD
I got 3 maps with watchtowers today, I enthusiastically captured all the watchtowers on sight, and lost all the games. I need hugs :(