Taking Back the Town (watchtower quest)

General Discussion
Please don't do this to us. Just about every quest can be done in one game (most notable exception the ones where you have to finish a game as X class X amount of times) but this one takes long ONLY because you have to wait for ages to get a map with a watchtower on it if you're not lucky.

The second map after I started this quest was cursed hollow. Took both watchtowers. Somehow I ended up with 3/4 after the map was done instead of 2/4. Okay, pretty good. Then it never comes back. I go through the entire rotation of maps and the non-watchtower maps just start repeating.

I love the update so far (garden map seems a tad easy) but this quest is just silly and out of place. Obviously I'll finish the quest sometime soon but maybe in a future update such a quest can be replaced by something more realistic for the current map rotation.

That is all. Thank you.
Agree , played a whole day for that quest and managed to get on a map with watchtowers only once and it was a loss
Exactly. There's like, TWO maps on the whole rotation that have watchtowers. It's far too tedious and getting one only counts for that person, so not only do you have to hope you get a map with them, you also have to race your own team to get them first. It'd be slightly better if they made it so that one tower cap counter for everyone who needs the quest, but even then the low as heck chance of even getting a map with them coupled with the win req is unbearable.
And at the end of the game it didn't even registered progress towards that quest...
Yes I won the game and yes I captured 5 watchtowers myself.
I have been playing whole evening and this quest really makes me mad.

And the stupidest thing was, that I had ONE map with watchtowers and we won, but I was playing Cho'Gall as a Gall. It seems, Cho is the one who captures things, not Gall. Still 0/4, my Cho friend got the quest done. :'(

I usually love events and I was having fun at first.
I just really, really, really hate this one quest.

Please do something about the quest or the maps, or something.
Pretty please!
Just tested, brawl has watchtower, but it does not help with this quest. :(
And I think if you leave AI-game, it just gives you Hanamura all the time...
So there is no way doing this quest (in any reasonable time).

I give up.
I'm being annoyed by this quest as well -.-
Me too - can we fix this please? I even tried running a custom Ai game on Curse - got 4 captures - nothing? Dev team didnt think this one through at all... Its not even the last quest either - its 2nd on the chars list! XD

Blizz you broke your quest line! xD
27/09/2018 12:26Posted by Trippie
I even tried running a custom

Custom games never count for quests.
5 maps have Watch Towers:

Blackheart's Bay (1), Cursed Hollow (2), Haunted Mines (2), Sky Temple (1) and Warhead Junction (1).

The 10 maps without:

Alterac Pass, Volskaya Foundry, Braxis Holdout, Towers of Doom, Infernal Shrines, Battlefield of Eternity, Tomb of the Spider Queen, Garden of Terror, Dragon Shire, and Hanamura Temple (the scout camps do NOT count for the quest).

Also, the rotation has been reduced to 4 maps without Watch Towers and 1 with.
Please give credit to all players standing on watchtowers...

I've just finished a game of ai, cursed hollow, we all rushed to watchtowers because everyone was stuck on that q. We won but I've ended up with 0/4 however I was right there standing on the platform during capture.

Prolly the first player had the q, but why reduce it to only one? It is one eternity to get a map with watchtowers... Why can't it be counted as team capture? Please guys do something about this.
Start solo - you and AI vs. AI and that's it.
If there is no WT on map. Go out, and do that map with people in vs. AI (it's faster).
Repeat. That's how I did.
29/09/2018 15:16Posted by bean
Please give credit to all players standing on watchtowers...

I've just finished a game of ai, cursed hollow, we all rushed to watchtowers because everyone was stuck on that q. We won but I've ended up with 0/4 however I was right there standing on the platform during capture.

Prolly the first player had the q, but why reduce it to only one? It is one eternity to get a map with watchtowers... Why can't it be counted as team capture? Please guys do something about this.

I read somewhere on the NA forums that credit is given to the players standing on watchtowers when the capping is finished... but I didn't test it.

Also, Blizz didn't completely ignore us:
https://twitter.com/BlizzHeroes/status/1045503823869956096/video/1

Excelsior!