General Discussion

23 May 2016 Welcome, Heroes - Please Read! Welcome to the Overwatch forum! We encourage you to use this forum to discuss your experiences while playing Overwatch. Community forums work best when participants treat their fellow posters with respect and courtesy, so we ask that you take the time to read through the forum Code of Conduct and Guidelines before posting. Code of Conduct Posting GuidelinesUlvareth1 23 May 2016
09 May Pink Mercy Twitch Drops FAQ To complement the release of our limited-time Pink Mercy skin, we’ve teamed up with the Breast Cancer Research Foundation and Twitch to release a series of themed Twitch Drops! Between now and May 21, unlock an all-new Pink Mercy player icon and four Pink Mercy sprays simply by watching select streams on Twitch. IMPORTANT: In order to earn Pink Mercy Twitch Drops, you need to link your Blizzard and Twitch accounts. Visit the Twitch Connections page to log in and complete the link now. FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS Q. How do I link my Blizzard and Twitch accounts? A. Log in or create a Twitch account. Visit the Twitch connections page, find the Blizzard Battle.net section, select your preferred gameplay region, and click Connect. Before linking your accounts, check to see that you’re not logged into any other Blizzard accounts in the same browser, as this could cause complications. For the best results, we recommend completing the process in “private browsing” or “incognito” mode. Click here to learn more. Q. How can I tell which Blizzard account is linked to my Twitch account? A. You can see which Blizzard account is linked to your Twitch account on Twitch connections page. Q. Do I need to do anything beyond linking my Blizzard and Twitch accounts to be eligible for Pink Mercy Twitch Drops? A. Nope! When the criteria for a Twitch Drop has been met (for example, watching two cumulative hours of participating streams while logged into a Twitch account that is linked to your Blizzard account), you must simply be logged in to Twitch at the time. IMPORTANT: Some browser plug-ins can block Twitch from registering your presence on the platform. To make sure you’re eligible for Pink Mercy Twitch Drops, we recommended that you temporarily disable your plug-ins when watching participating streams. Neither Blizzard nor Twitch can provide support for issues caused by incompatible browser plug-ins. Q. Which streams are participating in the Pink Mercy Twitch Drops? A. Please see list of participating streams below. Note that Pink Mercy Twitch Drops will only be active on these channels when streaming Overwatch during the promotional window (May 8 – May 21). Queene CuppCaake Flowervin Riku Fleeur elspeth alphacast kidkerrigan lolirot emongg HALtv marvellous_li Rudeism angel20739 Q. How long will Pink Mercy Twitch Drops be available? A. Pink Mercy Twitch Drops will be active on participating streams starting May 8 at 20:00 CEST and will remain available through May 22 at 8:59 CEST. Q. Can I watch multiple participating streams at the same time to earn Pink Mercy Twitch Drops more quickly? A. No, Twitch Drops incentives can only be earned from viewing one stream at a time. Please note that if you are watching multiple streams with or without an active Twitch Drops program, this may interfere with your ability to earn Twitch Drops at all. Q. How can I tell if I’ve received a Pink Mercy Twitch Drop? A. If your preferred Blizzard account is linked to your preferred Twitch account, rest assured that your Overwatch viewership hours are being tracked! In-game rewards will be granted to accounts in batches. Please note that if you are watching multiple streams with or without an active Twitch Drops program, this may interfere with your ability to earn Twitch Drops at all. For more information on Twitch Drops, visit the Twitch Help Center.Lliodelur0 09 May
09 May [ALL] Overwatch Patch Notes – May 8, 2018 A new patch is now live on Windows PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. JUMP TO SECTION: Patch Highlights Bug FixesVirnethael2 09 May
06 May Competitive 6v6 Elimination Now Available! We’ve started a short Competitive 6v6 Elimination season, which launched over night at 02:00 CEST. This season will end on May 8, 02:00 CEST. The “Lockout” rule in place, so once a team wins with a hero it becomes unavailable for that team for the duration of the match. All the previous Elimination maps are available to play this season, but we’ve also added Ayutthaya to the mix as an Elimination map. To play, simply choose the Competitive Elimination card in the Arcade!Vaneras29 06 May
03 May Player Behavior in Overwatch Scott Mercer from the Overwatch team recently posted about some changes and improvements the team is working on to improve the gameplay experience in Overwatch. Below you’ll find his post: ------ Hello, everyone! Today I want to discuss many changes and improvements we’re making to create a friendlier place to play Overwatch and provide you with more control over your game experience. The Overwatch development team has formed a “strike team” to coordinate and execute all these efforts alongside our customer service teams, community team, and several other departments across Blizzard. The core tool we rely on to identify bad behavior is the player report system. Recently we changed the in-game player reporting categories by removing the “Poor Teamwork” category and changing “Griefing” to “Gameplay Sabotage”. We made those changes to make it easier to correctly choose a report category that matches the bad behavior being reported. Accurate in-game reports of bad behavior are the best way for you to help us improve community behavior, and we want to make sure that process is easy and clear for everyone. We also monitor our Overwatch social accounts for reports of players behaving badly, and we follow up on these reports with investigations and appropriate penalties. I’ve seen many comments from players who think that their reports are meaningless, but we want to stress that they are actually very helpful and incredibly important to improving the Overwatch community. The in-game thank you messages we recently added let you know that the time you spend making a report is indeed making a positive contribution. Just this last week, we corrected an issue that prevented many players from receiving these messages, so players should now start seeing even more feedback about their reports. To further improve these systems, we’re doing a lot of exciting work to develop “machine learning” systems to assist in accurately identifying abusive chat and gameplay sabotage. These technologies will work together with player reports, empowering the community to quickly bring attention to bad behavior so that the appropriate steps can be taken to discourage or prevent future bad behavior from ruining others’ experiences playing Overwatch. These same systems will also protect players from false reports. That being said, we recognize that anyone can have a bad day, and they might not even realize they are using abusive chat or acting negatively to their fellow players. To help players realize that other players have taken notice of their actions, we recently added in-game warnings to let them know they’re acting in a way that’s unacceptable to the Overwatch community. Recently we provided another active tool to give you more control of your Overwatch experience: the ability to mark players as people who you don’t want to play with as a teammate. Our initial deployment of the feature only allows you to avoid two players, but we want to increase that limit over time as we become more confident that it doesn’t negatively affect matchmaking. We’ve also made some changes to how we penalize repeat offenders for abusive chat. Repeat offenders used to be penalized with a silence, restricted from communicating with other players in the game, with each subsequent infraction incurring a longer silence duration. We’ve changed this so repeat offenders can now be suspended, and therefore unable to play Overwatch, for longer and longer durations. If someone continues to use abusive chat even after being warned, silenced, and suspended enough times, they’ve proven they do not want to be a positive member of the Overwatch community and will be permanently banned from playing Overwatch. Going forward, we’re also really excited about some new social features we’ll make available in the summer. We’ll talk about those more when they’re closer to being ready for testing on the PTR, but they should give players even more ways to control their gameplay experience online. Thanks, everyone!Vaneras0 03 May
03 May [ALL] Overwatch Patch Notes – MAY 3, 2018 A new patch is now live on Windows PC, PlayStation 4, and Xbox One. Read below to learn more about the latest changes. To share your feedback, please post in the General Discussion forum. For a list of known issues, visit our Bug Report forum. For troubleshooting assistance, visit our Technical Support forum. JUMP TO SECTION: Patch Highlights Hero Updates Game Browser And Custom Games Bug FixesVaneras4 03 May
13 Apr New Forum Platform And Features Coming Soon Hello everyone, Some time ago, we announced that the Overwatch forums would be transitioned over a to brand-new platform, which will allow us to implement several new features like real-time notifications, a new flagging feature, trust levels, and more. We rolled out these forums in North America a while ago and since then, we have been hard at work to get them ready for an international and multilingual release in Europe. Today, we’re pleased to share that the new forums will go live for all European language communities very soon. Many of the aforementioned features will be available when you log in for the first time, while others will be earned as your trust levels increase. Players who contribute, rather than trolling or spamming, will be granted additional features and permissions. This may include the ability to share link previews, images, gifs, embedded video posting, and even create wiki posts. Maintaining an increased trust level requires that players remain active and respectful. Also, it’s important to keep in mind that older posts and threads will not be migrated over to the new forums. However, these will still be readable for a short period of time after the transition. If you have favorite conversations, please be sure to save them if you wish to revisit those old memories. Thank you for your passion and commitment to the Overwatch community and for your patience as we find new ways to build a positive, welcoming experience for all of our players. Keep an eye on the forums for more information about the rollout, and stay dialed in on PlayOverwatch.com, and our Twitter and Facebook profiles for more news and information!Ulvareth0 13 Apr
23 May 2016 Posting about Technical Issues or Bugs To help you and us get the most of out of your discussions and feedback, we ask that you please do not post game-related bugs or technical issues in this forum. To report in-game bugs experienced while playing, please post in the North American Bug Report forum. To report technical issues experienced while downloading, installing, or playing Overwatch, please post in the Tech Support forum.Ulvareth0 23 May 2016
15 May Reaper Less RNG, less luck,dmg fall off, more skill. Make Reaper shots less RNG, because even Reaper 1v1 are way too much luck.(because even when your crosshair is perfectly placed, some pellets can miss or not hit the center) A Reaper who has better aim than the other can lose easily, just because of unlucky RNG. Just give him damage drop off so that he cant snipe people and the problem is solved.Schnorrer15 15 May
15 May Crowd Control is killing the game First Doomfist and now Brigitte. I thought you'd learn from your other games but obviously you just love CC so much. CC is ruining the game.Wolfex5 15 May
15 May WHY DO YOU MAIN THIS HERO? I'm very curious by asking this question, Why do you main your main... Do you main your hero because it is currently meta or op so you can climb the ranks much easier than you normally would be capable of. I like to think these players are lazy because they try to bypass the rank system by playing a hero which boosts their performance and contribution to their team. Do you main your hero because you are not the most mechanically gifted player but you have got good reaction speed and game-sense etc. I personally think these players are willing to play heroes they perhaps do not look the coolest on or the most mechanically skilled which i can respect. Do you main your hero because you enjoy playing it the most out of the hole cast of heroes. I include myself in this category and most people also will as we play overwatch to have a fun and enjoyable experience and not to have a bland unjoyable session. With the release of Brigitte I imagine lots of people will main her for different reasons do it just made me a little curious to find out so i created this post.Deano65510 15 May
15 May Worst ways to die Opinions? I'm going for "Being 1 shot and seeing their derpy aim in the kill cam afterwards."DrDangerRuss16 15 May
15 May Brigitte is broken and unfun. Onbody likes her and if they do not nerf her quickly people like me wil leave the game. Easy fixes -Shield bash: Does no damage, 10 second cooldown. -Inspire: doesn't heal herself. -Whip shot: Does 50 Damage. 8 second cooldown. Let me know what your thought are about her, i really would like to know what you guys think about her. Cheers, KempiKempi15 15 May
15 May Character Preset Basically just being able to have skins with certain emotes, sprays, highlight intros and voice lines saved as a preset. Like having a Halloween themed preset that can be chosen at the bottom of the skins list in game.FLOUSUNIA2 15 May
15 May Tracer Need Love I am tracer main.I prefer pick her if nobody picked. I can play with any other hero if my team need. All heros aim sprays better than tracer. Tracer have great mobility but if you wana kill someting you need to go close.Atacking from far dont make any effect. Counter her eazy and 150 hp=any head shot you die. You cant use your abilitys for run away becouse always you die after 1 hit. You dont thing tracer need some buff?Using melee after all atacks kinda akward.Lov demage out put making her bad dp and bullet spray realy bad.I am not bad tracer.I know how to play but after all new heros she is kinda forgatten.She is iconic hero and nothing special about picking her.1 mistake or 1 random hit you die.All heros have second chance for survive but tracer dont have becouse of lov hp. Can you show some love her? This short videos is my game plays.Like I said I know play but playing with her this days dont feel right and need some bufs. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxnPpuZikUo https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIdWKFEDHo4 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kf7H-mh2aCs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uToJaDBeBEUEriniy6 15 May
15 May Widowmaker Noire & General Questions: I'm kinda curious and wondering if anyone can answer my question so do the exclusive skins such as the Blizcon skins and Noire Widowmaker skin count towards fully completing those said characters. For example, if i don't have those said skins; Noire Widowmaker in particular can I still 100% her cosmetics wise; as I do main her and I'm hoping to fully complete her in due time. Also, before I get any just buy a code!!!1!! comments, I have looked for the cheapest most reliable codes and they still aren't exactly "cheap" I'd rather not risk it and possibly get scammed so I understand I'll probably never get the skin on PC however I have it on Ps4 so I guess that's nice. Maybe Blizzard could in the future allow it so a skin like Widowmaker's Noire skin could transfer over between accounts, as I have already pre-ordered Overwatch in the past just not for the correct platform at the time of what I was playing most. I know they can do it because they've done it with the promotional HOS skins; Oni Genji & Officier Dva so maybe in due time they could do it with this skin if it's needed for full completion. Therefore, I don't see the problem with it as I have pre-ordered it just for a different platform so I'm not getting it for free, the extra money was still spent for the pre-order edition of the game, just not for PC Overwatch. Whitewolf1 15 May
15 May Cosmetic items and reward systems research Hello! We are two people doing research for our Bachelor's Degree. We have been looking on reward systems and mainly cosmetic reward systems. A cosmetic reward system could be rewarding the player with lootboxes, which contains items used for a visual sensation. We have chosen Overwatch as one of our game to focus on, it is a game that we have spent many hours in and we know that you guys are very expressive. We want to create an understanding of why cosmetic items is common in the majority of modern games, and why it is needed to keep players engaged. We have created a form to receive data about what you players think about the current situation about skins in Overwatch. The form can be found below: https://goo.gl/forms/RIuT5ZpX4KOHFPtC3 We are very appreciative for every answer!EmptyOne1 15 May
15 May Briggite made the meta completly UNSKILLED im sorry but this hero completly changed this game to a dragon grav meta unskilled meta literally.. dive meta atleast took you some skill required you to communicate and play as a team and now?? instalock hanzo and zarya and you win haha dunno what you were thinking when doing this. i see people who were literally platinum for past 4 seasons and now played briggite and literally this unskilled hero took them straight to 4200 this is so much worse then mercy metaUnique76 15 May
15 May 2018 event skins now available at a discount? So I'm totally fine with blizzard making every event item available, but how are they gonna handle the 2018 event items and skins? It would be extremely unfair if all the skins that released with retribution and lunar event are now gonna be 1000 instead of 3000. Especially given that retribution was just 1 month ago and that saving up credits takes a lot of time.Ryuketsu2 15 May
15 May Random loading screen in game I wake up before work and hah i have time lets play overwatch, but when i joined and picked the character i got a random loading screen no nothing ok i reconnected and again and that was a comp , so while i have loading screans the game think i'm inactive and kicked me from the game and i got 10 min ban and -50 sr for nothing, i dont care about the bann but the -SR ye not too mutch but !@#$ing anoying when u canna climb and just got -50 for nothing , anyone met this problem before? And Drear blizz pls do something with these %^-*s, cause that wasnt the first timeTauh0 15 May
15 May People need to stop being so naive The reason why Blizzard did this charity is so they can get a huge tax break. They didn’t spend a single penny while all the money came from the playersSkillpointer10 15 May
15 May Toxicity - What can be done? I don't doubt for a second that the dev team are working on ways to curb toxicity in the game, but my question is: Is it even possible? Peoples habits are a hard thing to change and from my perspective this has been a problem in Overwatch since I started playing. The thing is, I understand people's frustrations. It's annoying when you're a support and your hitscans aren't dealing with the Pharah. It's annoying when you're a tank and you get no healing support. Overwatch is a high-stress competitive shooter, everyone needs to do their part to have a chance of winning, so naturally you get mad when things don't work out. I'm no angel and I'd be lying if I said i'd never vented in the chat. That in itself is no different to most other competitive games. The problem comes in how those frustrations are manifested in the community. I mainly play competitive shooters: Battlefield 1, PUBG, CS:GO etc, and in none of those games do i receive (or witness on others) the amont of abuse as I do in Overwatch. I'd say i'm pretty thick skinned, but there are times in Overwatch when there is some serious PERSONAL abuse going on. IMO there is a pretty big difference between telling someone to "git gud" and telling someone to kill themselves. Both of those statements are about as common as each other in Overwatch. I think the problem lies in the core gameplay. Overwatch is extremely intense to play, during a match you probably have less than 30 seconds where action isn't happening. This is obviously what makes the game both great to play and watch. But when the intensity is so high, the stress of the players is naturally at the same level. People are going to react, and very few people are willing to hold their hands up and say "my bad, i missed that pick, didn't heal you in time etc,etc" when their state of mind is so tense. I feel kind of vulnerable when I play now. I'm not afraid of abuse it's just why would I put myself in a position to receive it? I keep coming back because the game's well made and feels good to play, but every time i do come back i stay less and less. Please feel free to share your own thoughts on the matter.BraveDave9 15 May
15 May Pink Mercy Sprays: Can old streams be watched? Hi everyone, I'm trying to get the Pink Mercy sprays, and was wondering if I was able to watch previous streams (ones that I missed viewing live) in order to count towards my cumulative hours. I am often unable to view the streams live, hence the question. Thanks!pencattt0 15 May
15 May Tanking in this Meta Calling all tank mains, how do you find tanking in the current meta? I'm very conflicted, i dont feel like it is nearly as rewarding as it used to be.DunkDunk9 15 May
15 May Random-favorite I think the game really needs the option of "random favorite" on skins,highlight intro and victory pose. Beauty-appearance of the characters is a strong aspect of this game and it would be nice if we wouldn't get bored of the same skin,highlight intro or victory pose all the time.ELJE0 15 May
15 May People who leave games with 5 seconds left. This really boggles my mind that there are so many of these I guess i can call them rage quitters. Really are you so emotional that these 5 seconds or even 1! second is too much too bear? Is it worth it to receive 0 exp and just being a twerp for letting another player join these last seconds too see a defeat screen. I mean i can understand that you can get angry on the game been there done that. But really if you can't stand those few extra seconds I don't think you should play online PvP based games.SuperSonico3 15 May
15 May comprtrrive I have a problem with competetive. Every season i go down in sr even if i win more placements and i get better at the game and i dont play the meta. Can somebody tell me how to make this stop hapening.GBslicer1 15 May
15 May Limited skins on upcoming event It was said that on new anniversary event all skins from all previous events would be available. Does this concerns limited skins like Noire widowmaker as well?SassyWidow6 15 May
15 May Changing BattleTag to a specific one, with numbers? Months ago, i've made a bad decision of changing my BattleTag (from a unique one, easy-to-remember number, to a common one, and longer number). I've soon realized that i want to keep my old name (and tag, too, because it's unique, there's only one of me in the entire Blizzard community - Kirenciner#1881). Is there anyway that i can change it back to Kirenciner#1881, i mean, i can purchase the BattleTag Name Changing. But since changing the name, they numbers also changes, and i can't really choose a specific number for me. So i wanna ask if it's possible for me to change it back to the old one (i can take the fees), since it's unique, both name and the number following. My new BattleTag is Michelangelo#11616.Michelangelo0 15 May
15 May Overwatch anniversary event 2018 too short? So as usual the next event will be 3 weeks long, however this event is like no other because it has all the previous gamemodes and cosmetics which means more to grind for and more to play. Dont get me wrong 3 weeks is quite some time but seeing as how this is the biggest event yet i think we should atleast get a month to play it. (some arguments i had centered around the fact alot of people in the overwatch community worldwide are attending school and that right now everyone is having important tests and stuff but it started to go off topic). I get that there is alot of motivation to buy lootboxes with this new event and that the length of the event might play a role in that as well but i really hope the guys and gals in the overwatch developer team will give my idea of a month long event some thought. mtfbwua VarrenVarren1 15 May
15 May Is Luceo too short? Should they make Luceo taller? Poor guy can't even see out some doors.Schue1 15 May
15 May Quick Play MMR needs fixing Does anyone know if there are any plans for Blizzard to fix QP MMR? I understand people want quick games and the ability to join games quickly, but its really depressing being a plat player, having GMs and Masters in every single game destroying everyone all the time. (Most of the time its Master/GM 3-6stacks). I'd like to play people around my own skill level, just as it is in comp and not see a 4-4.4k genji main destroy me and the other 5 players on my team over and over. As it is at the moment, the only option is competitive as both Quickplay and Arcade are overwhelmingly imbalanced, with some people not always able to play Competitive due to time restraints etc what other options do they have to feel like they have some kind of chance. Its not like its the odd 1-2 games, its every single game. Its becoming increasingly frustrating with no actual reply from Blizzard on any post regarding this issue. Are there other people out there having the same issues?Myaimsucks4 15 May
15 May Brigitte is not balanced at all I am playing OW for almost two years but never felt game to be so unbalanced ever before just because of one single hero. I know many people disagree with me. How a support hero should be able to destroy any DPS/Tank? Brigitte is close range hero just like reaper but reaper has no shield to protect himself from the incoming damage, still no problem we can take the shield down, which has 600freakingHP, so what's next, now time to fight, but you can't kill her easy because she can heal herself while in combat. I really want to understand what went through Blizzard developers mind when they were brainstorming this hero. A hero with 600 shield, can stun anyone including rein even when his shield is on (not even a Mccree can do it without a well placed stun), has lower cool down on stun than Mccree, can kill any high skill cap dps (Genji, Tracer) in close range without having to have any SKILLS, provide shield to team mates, heals everyone close range when beating enemy's DPS and Tanks to death. Seriously Blizzard! and you call it a support hero?TwiZY19 15 May
15 May Is Overwatch dead? (I know you've probably seen this topic tons of times, but the only ones I've found are from months ago :/) So, recently I've seen a lot of people saying that OW is dead and is that true? I took a 6 month break from the game after getting a little burnt out but I'm back now and it's even better than ever, but I see some tweets saying how 'it's dead' and quite a few Overwatch Youtube channels I used to watch have just switched to Fortnite Is it dead?Silvally36 15 May
15 May Changes for dragon Symmetra Dragon Symmetra is Amazing skin and her gun is masterpiece! We finally got her voicelines for dragon skin but I want some changes for her skin like her teleporter and Shield gen doesnt match the skin at all.. they should have fire theme or make them resemble eggs and let her normal voiceline "Welcome to my reality" change it to "Welcome to my nest" or "Welcome to the dragon nest" when dragon symmetra skin is equipped. Just like hanzo when he wears Okami/Lone wolf skin he says in one of his voicelines "I choose you spirit wolf" instead of "I choose you spirit dragon" Please!Alpha0 15 May
15 May Roadhog's Hook Still Broken Why is the hook still so broken? As a Roadhog main, it is really annoying to see my hook hit an enemy, then automatically detach (I usually see it every 4th or 5th game on using him). Just now, I played a match with Roadhog and I hooked a Dva, then it immediately detached, but then it suddenly attached to a Moira, who was now right in front of me, then it immediately detached from her. When fix? :^(RigsInRags2 15 May
15 May Overwatch is following WoW's casual direction. Does anyone else feel Overwatch is getting more "casual" friendly? I played WoW for many years and noticed introductions that made WoW more casual friendly. Overwatch is now introducing many casual/easy to play classes, which IMO, is just like WoW, making the game less fun to play. It makes playing a character with a much higher "skill floor" seriously less rewarding to play. Take for example, Moira's Orb vs McRee.ZeChris1 15 May
15 May Blizzard won't let you say these words: ...in the Twitch OWL stream as follows: "LMAO" "Sucks" "MonkaS" Really Blizzard, is this some kind of sad joke, what kind of extreme censorship is this? Entirely hypocritical too given McCree being the BAMF'er or Tracer saying "wanker" ingame, but that's okay isn't it!Lannister0 15 May
15 May Do You Hate Brigitte? Full disclaimer, I know that I am basically just complaining and a bit salty, but in one statement: I hate her. I understand that Blizzard put so much work into this hero and they wanted to make something unique and special. Well there is a huge difference between, unique and special and completely unkillable. Now, I understand that yes you can kill a Brig. However, at what cost? It takes a whole team to focus on one Brig or else she will just annihilate you team with her aggressive playstyle. Even then, it's a gamble. You end up losing 2-4 teammates just trying to take out 1 well protected Brig, and then when the smoke clears, you are fighting a 3 vs 6 match. You end up hurting your teams chances at winning trying to take out a keystone that is much more difficult to kill then she needs to be. Blizzard filled Brig up with some 5 unique both activated and passive abilities, all which are, in one word, unfair. Most supports only have 2 or 3 unique abilities that are each effective in their own way. It is completely unfair to these Zen mains, Ana mains, and Lucio mains have not received the buffs they need, enable to keep up with a high stakes game. When Blizzard explained that they wanted a support that could "stand on her own," the thing the community forgets is that any Support can stand on their own (yes even Mercy with her pee shooter). Supports are squishy, and honestly easy targets. However, a good support has to really on their own skills to get out a situation. Not overpowered natural abilities that make a hero unkillable. I have died many times flanking a solo Ana, Mercy, and Zen (I state these 3 in particular because they are the 3 that tend to be "picked on" the most) because they were experienced and well prepared players. They kept a cool head and even though I got the drop on them an often bring them close to death, they are still able to kill any DPS as long as they just have the experience. The difference here with Brig, is that most of the time I just flat out run away. You cannot 1v1 a Brig and survive unless you play an AOE Character (for the most part). Heroes that specialize in isolating a target and taking them out systematically are now almost useless, cause as long as there is a Brig that spots you, you are already dead. Her abilities are busted. She does 80 damage and piece and heals herself that same amount, unless you can hit her at least once to cancel it out, but even then you are already dead. That flail hits hard and fast, even Rein's hammer doesn't hit that hard or even nearly that fast (Rein does 75 damage each hit and is significantly slower that Brig's). As a melee hero, that damage cannot be blocked or negated in any way. I have seen games where that Flail has hit my team though a Mei wall. If she already lands 2 hits on a normal DPS, you are already down 160 HP, and if you try to negate the healing, she usually just hits you a 3rd time or pops that shield so you can't touch her. Her lifesteal is a rip off of Reaper's. Both are instant, however even Reaper's lifesteal is only 10% of the damage he dishes. With a Brig around that pockets a tank it is impossible for a Tank Buster to do their job (or at least well). If you try to focus on the Brig, the tank will kill you, and if you focus on the tank, then Brig will just mow you down. The armor boosts is insane as well, in particularly with her Ult. I have seen people hack a Brig in the middle of her ult and she still passes armor around. Ana's grenade is useless against her since Brig heals with Armor ups, and her ult isn't even healing, it's additional Armor. And the fact that the armor stacks and stays is definitely not fair. No support Ult overheals, and even if there is a "Cap" that is definitely not good enough. I have seen Symms with over 400 HP due to an Ult. Bastions with over 500 HP. And Torbs with Over 400 HP. All character that are high priority to kill (especially if all three are on Defense). But due to the insane amount of HP, they are almost unkillable, and even if they get low, Brig just armors them up. (Side note: I have played a game with a 400 HP Symm. I had my Zenyatta discord her and I kid you not, my whole team jump on her. She killed every single one of us, even our 2 tanks all because a Brig decided to pocket her the rest of the game) Her shield bash is ridiculous. There are many ult's that require up close combat and all a Brig has to do is pop the shield and stun. Now this is unfair any other character that has an ult cancelling ability ( McCree, Ana, Sombra, Rein, Roadhog) have to sacrifice one thing: Their HP. They all have to risk their own necks and HP to stun an Ult. With she has a 600 HP shield with will eat any Ult and then all it takes is 1 well placed stun that she can use as soon as she pops the shield. Deathblossoms in particular (which are necessary to clear a point in close quarter combat) are now useless, all because someone has a shield and can stun with it. None of her abilities have a warning, have you noticed that? Every character has some sort of a warning or a que that allows players to prepare for what comes next. You actually see Roadhog's hook before it hits you. You don't have much time, but you can still prepare. Rein's charge attack, you see him drop the hammer. Even Genji's deflect you can prepare for, and there is a verbal que. Recall any character are think it over, almost all of them have some sort of verbal or physical que of what ability they are about to use. Brig has none. She has no Verbal or even Physical clue of what she is about to do and thus no warning on what to prepare. Now the argument a lot of people make is "Well Moira was hard to kill at first but now everyone knows how to play against her." That's the thing. Moira was hard. Not nearly impossible. Even in the PTR, you could kill a Moira 1v1, you just had to keep a calm head and make the right predictions. Brig, is impossible to 1v1. Even if you can somehow predict what she is about to do, she puts out too much damage passively and self healing too quickly that any normal 200HP character has no chance. There is a huge difference between a mind game and a 1 sided battle. What I mean is with all heroes that issue a threat, you have to bait them or out maneuver them. You wait for Genji to use deflect before making a push. You bait Roadhogs hooks so you don't actually get caught. You wait for Wraith Form or Iceform to end so you can welt on Mei and Reaper. You cannot do this with Brig. Again, you cannot bait Brig, because her passive abilities make her nearly impossible to kill and very deadly I know what Blizzard was trying to do. And I do appreciate it. You tried to forward the story with a fun new hybrid and create a speed bump for characters that enjoy dive heroes. Just a bit of a challenge. But instead the developers created a complete Roadblock. They put a complete stop to diving and tank busting leaving many heroes useless. On top of it all, the new tank meta of 3 tanks, a Brig, and an additional Support (usually Symm) is just cruel. They have made many players gameplay experience unenjoyable, including my own. When I play Overwatch I want to play and have fun. I want to be able to help my team and do my job the best that I can. And if I die, I want to die in an honorable and laughable way. Not running away and dying in a corner from a severely overpowered hero that I despise and loathe. I know these thoughts are my own, and I don't really expect anyone to read this or even agree with my thoughts. I do not know how I would "fix" this hero, because I believe my own bias would be selfish. But this hero needs a huge fix. Thank you.Pyromancer645 15 May
15 May Thank you Forum Manager. I would like to thank the Forum manager for deleting my review about brigitte, I appreciate that all of those paragraphs went to waste.EagleWrong1 15 May
15 May only duplicates why I when opening nine containers have only duplicates?iG0Lka1 15 May
15 May Overwatch is getting worst and worst. Like what are you guys doing at Blizzard? i really don't understand and hope you guys bring back Overwatch with balanced heroes and fix stuff like Brigitte and what is this Hanzo rework? ohmagawdddd game is really a mess and less and less i feel the will to play, Blizzard you are the best gaming company in the world what are you doing?gr33nbits6 15 May
14 May do QP and Arcade influence Competitive MMR? so if I solo queue in Quickplay and mess around with Mystery Heroes in Arcade, ofcourse I lose a lot. Does this mean my MMR will drop, and that this will be taken into account when I play Competitive again? or is competitive MMR only influenced by the results of competitive matches? thnxHarlequin2 14 May
14 May Hero Select Make the dream come true show the system what heroes or roles you can fill and the system tries to match you with people who can also play more than one role/hero Furthermore you could set what role you prefer, so that people play an actual 6v6. This doesnt mean that you are forced to stick to a hero the entire game. Hero switching can be very important, but keep in mind that the game is about skill. This game is no scissors stone paper. you can still play your 3 tanks strategy etc. or can still the switch to winston to hold a point longer.Schnorrer13 14 May
14 May comp is unfair? i feel that competitive is unrewarding and demoralizing for dedicated players. i can go on playing 4 comp games, and just after one loss i can go back to where i either started or in worse case go below what i already had. i can see why getting lower sr than what you already have, if you loose multiple games in a row. but winning 3 or 4 games in a row, should feel more rewarding. and due to the sr drops i have for loosing 1 game after 4 wins, really ruins my will to play comp.Goldencommon0 14 May
14 May competitive sr feels unfair/demoralizing i feel that competitive is unrewarding and demoralizing for dedicated players. i can go on playing 4 comp games, and just after one loss i can go back to where i either started or in worse case go below what i already had. i can see why getting lower sr than what you already have, if you loose multiple games in a row. but winning 3 or 4 games in a row, should feel more rewarding. and due to the sr drops i have for loosing 1 game after 4 wins, really ruins my will to play comp.Goldencommon0 14 May
14 May Storm arrow phrase I am not going to complain anymore about Hanzo's new ability, but I am confused to how others will know when he is using his ability. The Storm Arrow has a cool down of only 8 seconds and lasts for like 6 seconds I thought. Trying to eliminate Hanzo now is nearly impossible, as he takes even tanks around 500hp down in those 6 seconds - let alone the characters with only 200hp. I thought I read or heard during his remake that this ability would give Hanzo an ultimate-like phrase, so everybody would know what is going on. He snipes from far and takes his ability out of his pocket every like 10 seconds, so there is no time to really avoid getting killed. Would there be an option to know when he is about to snipe us all? Him shouting like "Storm rage like a dragon" or something, so others can hide or just know when he is using his extremely strong ability? I understand that his arrow glowing up like that would already reveal that he is in "his mode", but the moment you see it is the moment you die...Sooraay0 14 May
14 May Are you guys Really Gonna Let Brigitte Stay as Is? I play in high diamond/ low masters Let me put it this way. As a Winston main I have no problem with Bastion and reaper being hard counters to Winston. Hell, there is no scenario AT ALL were Winston can 1v1 Bastion and I am completely fine with that. I didn't say anything when reaper got buffed. Not one peep out of me. But this is just some dumb Shi* right here. Similar to Bastion it is impossible for Winston to kill Brigitte . It just can't be done. Her aoh makes fighting her or anyone around her so damn hard. Not to mention fighting people with armor. Is this really what Blizz wants? One character who counters 4 out of the 6 other tanks and Dive Characters. This is their solution to dive? Put it all on one low risk, high reward character's shoulders? What exactly is Winston's role here. At least Tracer can fight and win against Brigitte. I'll leave you with a video of Dva vs Brigette. (not my video) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ocdFRpP1lIKazzAzz25 14 May
14 May SKILL IS NOT REWARDED IN OVERWATCH ANYMORE the highest impact characters are the ones that require less skill eg junk moira and bridgitte right now junk is very strong in this meta but mcree an objectively harder character is in a worse spot all the best character and brain dead heroes all the past metas even triple tank the best characters were the hardest heroes why should I play a hard hero if the easy ones get better resultswave7253 14 May
14 May How to Acquire Pink Mercy Sprays/Player Icon on Console Hi! So I have a Ps4, and I'm really keen on getting the sprays and the player icon for the BCRF campaign. I have my Twitch linked to my Battle.net account and and my Battle.net account linked to my Ps4; should this work? Thanks in advance!DizzyDwarf10 14 May