Technical Support

12 Apr Crashing on AMD Ryzen CPU System Hello everyone, We are seeing reports of Overwatch crashing on computers with AMD Ryzen CPUs. To prevent this, please update the BIOS to the latest version using the files and procedures found on the motherboard manufacture’s website. Additionally, make sure you also update your chipset drivers: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download/chipset?os=Windows+10+-+64 The BIOS and chipset drivers are the links between the hardware and the operating system. Updating to the latest software ensures users have the latest performance and stability enhancements for the platform.Vyraneer0 12 Apr
17 Sep 2016 Crashes? Performance Issues? Read this! The future is now. Are you with us? We'll be using this thread to track known system and performance issues throughout launch. If you're encountering some problems check out the list below and give the steps a try before you create a new topic. Don't forget, the more bug-related issues can be found in the Bug Report Forum's Known Issues List. Crashes Crash - Intel Drivers, Laptops with Switchable Graphics Crash - I click Play, but Nothing Happens! Crash - Overclocked Memory Crash - No Compatible Graphics Hardware Was Found Crash - Unknown Error! Crash - Rendering Device Lost Performance Issues Performance - TV Displays Cutting Off Borders Performance - Running Slow While Multitasking (6-core CPUs or lower) Performance - Long Load Times, High Latency (Proxy/VPN/Network Optimizer) Performance - I Only Hear Sound Out of One Headphone Performance - Black Screen with only HUD Visible Performance - Troubleshooting Low Frame RatesTiogaradh19 17 Sep 2016
27 May 2016 CPU/GPU Utilization and Overheating Guidelines Overwatch is a heavily threaded game with fairly complex rendering features. It will use as much of your computer’s CPU and GPU resources as you allow. If your CPU or GPU is not sufficiently cooled to handle running at the options selected in the game (along with any other applications that are running), the CPU/GPU might downgrade its performance while it is overheated. This problem can be exacerbated by overclocking of the CPU/GPU. In the worst cases it can cause your PC to automatically shut down. So if you find yourself in this situation what can you do? The first recommendation is to ensure that you have cleaned out the interior of your computer and all exhaust fans and heat sinks. This will allow your system to cool more efficiently. Secondly you can try shutting down any other applications that are running. These applications can contribute to overall CPU/GPU utilization and introducing overheating. If that does not address your concerns you should ensure that you have enabled LIMIT FPS and VSYNC in the video options. If you set both of these options to OFF you are instructing Overwatch to use as much of the CPU/GPU as it can. This will almost always result in either 100% utilization of the CPU (if your system is CPU limited) or 100% utilization of the GPU (if GPU limited). Setting LIMIT FPS to DISPLAY-BASED will limit the FPS to slightly above the refresh rate of your monitor (60 FPS for most, though some monitors refresh at higher rates). Setting VSYNC to ON will ensure you see no tearing when the screen is refreshed. In some cases, such as older laptops or systems generally prone to running hot, setting the LIMIT FPS to 30FPS might be advisable. If the GPU and CPU in your system are capable of preparing frames faster than the refresh rate then they will have an opportunity to idle during a portion of the frame (and cool down). This should resolve any concern with heavy utilization and/or overheating.Hagut0 27 May 2016
26 May 2016 Known and Common Issues ... Breaking Issues I am experiencing unnaturally high amounts of latency... This can be caused for a number of different reasons, some of which have already been documented on the Tech Support Forum. Please be sure to read the stickied posts in the Tech Support Forum for possible workarounds and follow the troubleshooting steps here. If none of the proposed solutions work for you, create a new thread and and copy there the results of your traceroute and pathping tests. All tests must be performed during a problematic moment or immediately after a disconnection! When I start a match sometimes people and weapons are invisible. It is possible for a player to load into the game before some assets have been fully loaded.. Upon trying to connect to a match, I get stuck loading for a long period of time and I am sent back the the lobby before I get in to the match... Substantially slow load times can prevent you from successfully entering a game. Try closing back ground applications, ensuring that your anti-virus software is up-to-date, and that there are no issues with your hard drive. If the problem persists, start a new thread on the Tech Support forum. I placed in the Top 500 but didn't get my rewards... External sites which display Overwatch statistics like seasonal rankings may incorrectly show players in the Top 500 who did not actually make it. Additionally there was a bug earlier in the season which could cause the Top 500 icon to show on player portraits when that player did not actually make the Top 500. I registered my key but get "No Overwatch License found" The physical box contains two keys: the game license key itself and the a key for the Widowmaker Noire skin. Please make sure that you have registered the game key and that you are logged in to the correct Blizzard account. Bugs We keep a list of known active issues at the top of the Overwatch Bug Report Forum.If you encounter a bug which is not currently listed please report it on the Bug Report Forum making sure to follow the Bug Report Forum Guidelines. Note: The Bug Report Forums require a US account in order to post. To create this, log into The Americas game region once, you should then be able to post on this forum normally. For information on changing your game region, please see the Global Play FAQ. Common Issues & Workarounds For advice on the most common type of issues please click on the support category: Account & Security (Hacked/Can't login/Authenticator etc.) Installation & Patching (Stuck/Slow downloads/BLZXXXXX errors etc.) Connection & Latency (Lag/Disconnections/Unable to Connect etc.) Performance & Stability (Crashes/Low FPS etc.) If your issues persist after trying all of the troubleshooting steps in the relevant article, please create a new thread describing your issue in as much detail as possible, include any error messages you are receiving as well as what trouble shooting steps you have taken to try resolve the issue.Hagut0 26 May 2016
23 May 2016 Welcome to the Technical Support Forum! Welcome to the Technical Support forum! This forum provides players with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and official Blizzard representatives. While this forum is NOT intended to replace our support contact channels, players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, and participate in on-going discussions here. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with courtesy and respect. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct. Ananda Cazzéh DeanX Nyshae Omachi Oussebon SanekoHagut2 23 May 2016
15 May Constantly Getting Disconnect From the Server Hi Blizzard Team Support, I've Been getting this Disconnect issues for like 2 month's already and it has not been fixed it's not my Connection that's the issue here and other wise not the server my account has something strange connection problem because I owned another account that I've bought new fresh one and in it works perfectly fine but my main account not please Help me to fix the log in to the game problem. Ps: it works for me only at the morning at the evening it starts to give me that Disconnect Issue From the server Just on this Account on the other one as I said works everytime. Best Regards.BloodySavage6 15 May
15 May Game crash exception_priv_instruction error log Hello recently ive crash just about every game ive tried to play with error log of "attempted to write to read only memory", and the most recent "exception_priv_instruction". Ive update my gpu drivers twice and its still occuring, Also updated windows. What is causing this? My fps is way better than it was a few months ago but now i crash every game. I can upload error logs or dxdiag if needed. I5 760 2.8 8g 1333mhz Gtx 760 2g windows 10Soltaris8 15 May
15 May SIM spikes So i built a pretty high end pc, achieving high fps and all, but no matter my settings or fps cap, i keep getting sim spikes for split seconds. Lets say that i cap my fps at 200 ( 5.0 sim) , in games it will randomly jump to 11-13+ . Anyone else with the same problem? (my fps are stable so its not because of drops)PapaFranku13 15 May
15 May Overwatch low FPS on great hardware possible fix. Hello and welcome to the post that might save your life if you haven't found any help yet. 4 days ago I contacted a GM in the support section via live chat by the name of Peromack. He was a really nice fellow, but he did not manage to help me out with my issue. Ever since the uprising update or about when Oasis came out as a map, I have been suffering low FPS. Give or take a month or two. What I did not know was that Blizzard silently updated their server tickrate from 20 to 64 and that introduced a whole new dimension to possible bottlenecks - RAM. And more specifically, RAM speed. My current hardware is: i7 4790k @4.7Ghz all cores Asus Strix GTX 1080 on OC mode from the asus software. DDR3 Corsair Vengeance 2400Mhz dual-channel RAM Running the game from an SSD My issue was there while I was using my previous RAM. So previously I was using 8GB of DDR3 1600Mhz single channel RAM combined with 2x2gb 1600mhz dual-channel hyperx RAM. With this setup, I was getting FPS drops to 110 in team fights in quick play on a GTX 1080 on LOW settins. That was completely unacceptable knowing that I play on a grandmaster level. I stopped playing for a whole season because of the issues because I simply could not take it anymore. So to confirm, I went from almost constant 110-120 fps in team fights on low settings to solid and constant 300 fps in team fights by just changing my RAM from 1600mhz to 2400mhz dual channel. I just contacted another support GM by the name of Vorkinash just to let him/her know of the issue so that whenever someone else has it, they would be able to provide some assistance, not just tell me I have to run a benchmark and not let me know even the possible thing that could cause the issue. They were extremely nice and advised me to make this post. Below I'm going to have some screenshots of before and after including some benchmarks. The first benchmark you will see in the text document is everything on low on DDR3 1600mhz single channel ram and the second one is the game on the ultra preset with the new 2400mhz dual channel RAM, you can be the judge for yourself. Benchmark: https://puu.sh/yLv0p/d196c4d3fd.png 1600mhz ram - low settings: https://puu.sh/yIi5M/550d78fe12.jpg 2400Mhz RAM - low settings: https://puu.sh/yLvSg/efb12a3d00.jpg How can you determine if you have the same issue? I basically knew that my CPU and GPU could NEVER be a bottleneck on these settings. What I did notice was that while my CPU was being utalized pretty nicely, my GPU would REFUSE by ANY circumstances to go above 40% usage, hence why when we jump into a teamfight the FPS falls down to 110 while the GPU is not even trying, cause the game doesn't let it. I really, really wish this post can be helpful to as many people as it can and that the devs notice this and spread some awareness, because it took me WAY too long to find this out and I wish I knew about it sooner since it did cause me to upgrade my GPU to a 1080 (not that I wasn't going to do it anyway, it just helped out.)Elysion3 15 May
15 May Black screen and crashing on launch I deleted the chroma sdk and i dont have any overlays on https://pastebin.com/dfhyCuxM dxdiag is there another way to send my msinfo? the content is too much to paste onto pastebin unfortunatelyRyan3 15 May
15 May LC 202 ps4 owerwatch Lc202 crashing!! Over 6 months now!!SPQRno722 15 May
15 May "Lost Connection to Game Servers" During some of the comp warm-ups, it kicks me out the game saying I need to log back in, which doesn't let me so I have to close the game and re-open it, which has led to me losing 100 SR and gaining a 30min suspension. I'm not having any connection problems on any other games / platforms and back ground programs such as TS3 and discord still function without any connection problems, yet the game still thinks I have disconnected. Any fix for this? Like I'm just losing SR for no reason which is led me to losing my Masters rank and being banned. Any help would be great.Nistelbog2 15 May
15 May Overwatch Hyper-threading? My specs: GTX 1060 i5 3570k 16GB ram SSD I struggle with keeping 144 fps reliably, sometimes it is dropping down to low 100. I have done everything suggested here on battle.net (cleaned computer, fresh install of Windows, selective startup etc etc etc). I recently updated my GPU from GTX 770 - 1060, expecting a bump in fps but no fortune. I still hover on the same. So my question, is it necessary to have an i7 if you want to be above 144fps at all times? I am thinking about going up to i7 6700k. Wherever I read I see people defending their i5's to death, but at the same time I read that Overwatch is a heavily threaded game and it will use up to 8 threads if allowed. Does Overwatch make use of hyper-threading?NVY6 15 May
14 May Crashing when playing in party - can't play with friends This is a problem that i have since the beta: when i create a party there is no problem, we go in queue for a match and load the map. After 4-5 seconds in base the game crashes without reason and no error message. I can play alone without problem, crashes or freezes, but since i bought the game to play with friends i'd like to fix this problem as soon as possible. Graphic card: gtx 970 and i5 processor; already tried to update the drivers and reinstall the game. thanks for the helpNkl13 14 May
14 May Framerate lock at 23 FPS Constant fps drop. I have vired system: Windows 10 Pro, Build 1766.rs_prerelease.180504-1501 Celeron G1840 @ 2.8 Ghz 8 Gb of RAM and AMD Radeon RX 470 GPU with driver version Driver Provider: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc. Driver Date: 10/26/2017 Driver Version: 23.20.780.2 I have game on lowest settings possible because of my CPU and have relatively good fps around 55 - 80. I have all demanding apps like chrome with video or music turn off but relatively frequently my fps drops to locked 22-23 fps and only relogin can fix this. I play game in full screen mode, with no vsync and all overlay apps like Discord turned off competently. The only things in common with this frame drop is Alt-Tab but this is not always the case, it is just like random.GrimFaker1 14 May
14 May Disconnecting for no apparent reason every few games. I have been an Overwatch player on Xbox since August 2017. Around 3 months ago, however, I started experiencing frustrating issues where after playing one or two matches of any game mode I keep getting "Game found" when I search for a game but never join and get disconnected with "Failed to connect to server." When I try to join another match. It's got nothing to do with my connection as any other game is fine. This problem even makes me lose competitive points and get banned. I am highly disappointed because I bought game of the year edition for £40 as well. I have tried all the troubleshooting guides and none have worked for me so I don't want that as a response. My version of the game is on a clean disk which has no problems either. My version of Overwatch is new as well.LazyTurtle7 14 May
14 May Ah, the disconnects So, I've jumped through all of the necessary troubleshooting hoops, and I'm still getting disconnected. I was just suspended because I got disconnected from a comp game and wasn't able to rejoin. If this keeps happening, and I keep getting suspended from matches because this problem, let's face it, probably won't get fixed, am I gonna get banned from comp? Does the suspension system snowball from 10 minutes to days and eventually a ban? Or is it just gonna slap me on the wrist a little? If I get banned because of this absolute load of BS, I'm going to the Blizz headquarters and overwatering all of the plants and ever so slightly messing with the clocks. People will be minorly inconvenienced, mark my words. (inb4 Blizz ban me for threats :P)CarolusRex1 14 May
14 May Touchpad Stops Working Completely When Launching the Game Laptop: Acer Aspire E15 E5-575-33BM CPU: Intel Core i3-7100U GPU: Intel Graphics HD 620 (I know it's not technically supported, but the game runs playable as far as FPS goes honestly) RAM: 2x4GB 2400MHz When I open up the game, my touchpad stops working completely. USB mouse works fine. It's not a matter of wanting to use the touchpad in game, though. The touchpad STAYS not working until I close the laptop lid and open it back up, even if I've closed Overwatch. Overwatch is the only game that causes this.Avagantamos0 14 May
14 May No comms audio on windows version 1803 I upgraded my windows 10 to the latest "service pack" version 1803 and I can see my team's audio indicators when they talk, but I am getting no audio. I have a headset that has a separate output channel for comms and the first thing I did was to change the audio device to my primary, which is working fine for all other game audio. Microsoft did make some changes to audio handling in 1803, I know this is a bleeding-edge update, but has your QA team been able to test this internally yet? Are there any firewall considerations to be taken into account? What ports are required for comms?infectus2 14 May
14 May "Lost connection to game server" again and again. As the title says, whenever I try launching Overwatch I keep getting the error message "Lost connection to game server". So I can't even log in. I've tried the Scan & Repair too, I've tried rebooting my PC & internet over and over again. I've made 100% sure that my Firewall doesn't block the Overwatch application. I've never had troubles with my internet when playing other games. (WoW for ex.) My Windows, BattleNet and Overwatch are completely up to date. Never before I had this error but a few days ago it randomly popped up when I tried launching. The weird thing is that last night it worked the whole night for some reason, but when I wanted to play a few hours ago the error message came back ... How do I fix this? I've tried some tips on Reddit & Youtube already but nothing... Thanks.Xpr4 14 May
14 May Not getting the charity stream sprays I'm not getting any of the sprays from watching charity streams even though my twitch account is linked to my battle.net accountMatthiasson0 14 May
14 May smooth game play overall but sudden lag spikes and freeze up |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | WinMTR statistics | | Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last | |------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------| | MOSFET - 0 | 100 | 100 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | 192.168.0.1 - 0 | 100 | 100 | 0 | 0 | 6 | 4 | | 1-152-19-223-on-nets.com - 0 | 100 | 100 | 3 | 17 | 151 | 7 | | 10.30.30.13 - 0 | 100 | 100 | 2 | 21 | 851 | 3 | | 10.28.21.33 - 0 | 100 | 100 | 1 | 2 | 9 | 1 | | 218.188.28.69 - 2 | 97 | 96 | 2 | 38 | 112 | 3 | | No response from host - 100 | 21 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | 203.131.243.121 - 0 | 100 | 100 | 1 | 1 | 8 | 2 | | ae-7.r24.osakjp02.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net - 0 | 100 | 100 | 48 | 49 | 57 | 48 | | ae-2.r22.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net - 0 | 100 | 100 | 149 | 149 | 156 | 149 | | ae-19.r01.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net - 0 | 100 | 100 | 151 | 151 | 158 | 151 | | ae-1.a00.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net - 2 | 96 | 95 | 149 | 151 | 163 | 155 | |xe-0-0-46-2.a00.snjsca04.us.ce.gin.ntt.net - 0 | 100 | 100 | 149 | 150 | 172 | 149 | | ae1-br01-eqsv5.blizzardonline.net - 0 | 100 | 100 | 151 | 152 | 172 | 151 | |xe-0-0-1-1-br02-eqla1.blizzardonline.net - 0 | 100 | 100 | 154 | 155 | 191 | 154 | | be2-pe01-eqla1.blizzardonline.net - 0 | 100 | 100 | 159 | 159 | 167 | 159 | | lax-eqla1-ia-bons-02.blizzardonline.net - 0 | 100 | 100 | 154 | 154 | 162 | 154 | | 24.105.30.129 - 0 | 100 | 100 | 155 | 155 | 161 | 155 | |________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______| the game will just lag and freeze for a second or so which is very frustrating, plz help me wif this, I have gone through the officals solutions but not quite work CPU: Intel i5 6500 MOBO: MSI B150A Gaming Pro RAM: Geil 16GB 2133hz DDR4 GPU: MSI GTX 1070 PSU: Antec 620W High Current Gamer SSD: Kingston 240GB SATA HK 100M broadband冚家剷泥齊種樹1 14 May
14 May high latency, sudden lag spike and stutter |------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------| | WinMTR statistics | | Host - % | Sent | Recv | Best | Avrg | Wrst | Last | |------------------------------------------------|------|------|------|------|------|------| | MOSFET - 0 | 100 | 100 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | 192.168.0.1 - 0 | 100 | 100 | 0 | 0 | 6 | 4 | | 1-152-19-223-on-nets.com - 0 | 100 | 100 | 3 | 17 | 151 | 7 | | 10.30.30.13 - 0 | 100 | 100 | 2 | 21 | 851 | 3 | | 10.28.21.33 - 0 | 100 | 100 | 1 | 2 | 9 | 1 | | 218.188.28.69 - 2 | 97 | 96 | 2 | 38 | 112 | 3 | | No response from host - 100 | 21 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | 0 | | 203.131.243.121 - 0 | 100 | 100 | 1 | 1 | 8 | 2 | | ae-7.r24.osakjp02.jp.bb.gin.ntt.net - 0 | 100 | 100 | 48 | 49 | 57 | 48 | | ae-2.r22.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net - 0 | 100 | 100 | 149 | 149 | 156 | 149 | | ae-19.r01.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net - 0 | 100 | 100 | 151 | 151 | 158 | 151 | | ae-1.a00.snjsca04.us.bb.gin.ntt.net - 2 | 96 | 95 | 149 | 151 | 163 | 155 | |xe-0-0-46-2.a00.snjsca04.us.ce.gin.ntt.net - 0 | 100 | 100 | 149 | 150 | 172 | 149 | | ae1-br01-eqsv5.blizzardonline.net - 0 | 100 | 100 | 151 | 152 | 172 | 151 | |xe-0-0-1-1-br02-eqla1.blizzardonline.net - 0 | 100 | 100 | 154 | 155 | 191 | 154 | | be2-pe01-eqla1.blizzardonline.net - 0 | 100 | 100 | 159 | 159 | 167 | 159 | | lax-eqla1-ia-bons-02.blizzardonline.net - 0 | 100 | 100 | 154 | 154 | 162 | 154 | | 24.105.30.129 - 0 | 100 | 100 | 155 | 155 | 161 | 155 | |________________________________________________|______|______|______|______|______|______| the above is my WinMTR test of US server, plz see if there's any solution to be figured out. the overall performance of the game is smooth, but there are times that it has lag spikes or frozen for a second or so, which is quite frustrating for your information, I am located in HK with 100M broadband, and give my pc components: CPU: Intel i5 6500 MOBO: MSI B150A Gaming Pro RAM: Geil 16GB 2133hz Super Luce GPU: MSI GTX 1070 PSU: Antec 620W High current Gamer SSD: Kingston SATA 240 GB冚家剷泥齊種樹1 14 May
14 May Rendering Device has been lost (Only route66 last push) Route66 Lastpoint "Rendering Device has been lost" I have reinstalled OW updated GPU drivers etc... Weird thing is that only places where this happens if Route66 in last push corner after upwards slope or when there is just few meters to push to payload to victory. I have only had this happen when playing Symmetra (4times) Lucio (1 times)? specs AMD 580 RX 8gb intel i7-6700k 16GB ram Asus z170 motherboard. Running windows 10cmdtvt1 14 May
14 May Xbox update lost me 50 SR Got into a game on xbox, as you do, and suddenly get kicked from the game before the match starts, with the game telling me I need to update. Came back onto the game to see -50 SR and a 10 min ban. TY BLIZZARD. Give me back my SR pls.Ninetales1 14 May
14 May Latency spikes Few weeks ago I bought with new laptop (Asus Vivibook S15). Since then when I play Overwatch I get lag spikes. I have not observed much but they show up from time to time and most noticeable during skirmishes. I have played the game always on WiFi and never had such problems (with my old laptop). I doubts the system is weak for the game - it got 16 GB RAM and i7 7700HQ with GeForce GTX 1050. Even with my old laptop which was 8 years old and much worse configuration I had no trouble playing the game. Also, I've been testing on 3 different locations and different cities with the same result. Haven't played the game for few months and now coming back to such lag spikes is pain in the !@#. I checked my ping times to the server's IP 185.60.112.157. This is the result and it pretty much sums up the latency I get during play: Pinging 185.60.112.157 with 32 bytes of data: Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=51ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=129ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=191ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=270ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=166ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=103ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=222ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=200ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=119ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=180ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=190ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=272ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=194ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=57ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=53ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=55ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=254ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=54ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=56ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=54ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=72ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=53ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=233ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=174ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241 Reply from 185.60.112.157: bytes=32 time=52ms TTL=241chixlovem1 14 May
14 May Latency issues. so lately i have been having latency issues (Archives patch is where it all started) so not only did my base ping jump from around 75ms to 90 but it is unstable and fluctuates frequently (spikes to 140-200 are common occurrence by now), I've run a tracer route as suggested and here are the results. Tracing route to 5.42.168.19 over a maximum of 30 hops 1 <1 ms <1 ms <1 ms Broadcom.Home [10.0.0.138] 2 10 ms 10 ms 10 ms bzq-109-67-64-1.red.bezeqint.net [109.67.64.1] 3 10 ms 12 ms 18 ms 10.250.0.29 4 11 ms 11 ms 10 ms bzq-25-77-6.cust.bezeqint.net [212.25.77.6] 5 11 ms 11 ms 11 ms bzq-219-189-38.cablep.bezeqint.net [62.219.189.38] 6 65 ms 70 ms 65 ms 80.249.208.83 7 65 ms 65 ms 65 ms 37.244.10.33 8 68 ms 66 ms 67 ms 137.221.65.251 9 * * * Request timed out. 10 * * * Request timed out. 11 * * * Request timed out. 12 * * * Request timed out. 13 * * * Request timed out. 14 * * * Request timed out. 15 * * * Request timed out. 16 * * * Request timed out. 17 * * * Request timed out. 18 * * * Request timed out. 19 * * * Request timed out. 20 * * * Request timed out. 21 * * * Request timed out. 22 * * * Request timed out. 23 * * * Request timed out. 24 * * * Request timed out. 25 * * * Request timed out. 26 * * * Request timed out. 27 * * * Request timed out. 28 * * * Request timed out. 29 * * * Request timed out. 30 * * * Request timed out. Trace complete.Ronensfault1 14 May
14 May Time Out (Need Help/Healing!) Hello People, I have a problem with my Overwatch, because EVERY TIME I want to start a Ranked or QP I get an Time Out. Now I am suspended in Ranked an have for 10 Matches -75% XP. I like this game a lot and don't wanna get banned for, idk, Leaving! Pls help me!!!MrIrnest1 14 May
14 May Competitive penalty I just started a comp match (Xbox) and my game decided to update randomly and banned me for 10 mins and deducted 50 sr from me wtf? Can you please do something this has happened for the 3rd time.DeadlyKitten1 14 May
14 May Black screen start then crash Overwatch starts, stays at black screen for multiple seconds, then crashes. Couldn't find anything on this with a fix. If anyone has a fix let me know.FrostyFeet8 14 May
14 May High ping on new internet, tried everything I recently moved into a new building. The internet here works just fine, except when I play Overwatch. The lag is terrible, up to 400-700 ping, and it becomes unplayable. Here's an example: http://meggannn.tumblr.com/post/173458991966 That was a week ago, and I have some shots of the network graph. The thing is that when I go to speedtest.net or fast.com to test my internet speed while I'm in the game, I'm getting perfectly good numbers (<50ping, 10mbps), even as the game is telling me otherwise. To test it, I lugged the laptop over to my aunt's place over the weekend and played it perfectly well over there - so I know it's an internet and/or bandwidth problem. Even trying to play at odd times (Monday morning) hasn't resulted in a significant difference. Unfortunately the building controls the WiFi here (I'm in the process of asking if Ethernet is available, but I'm not holding my breath for a positive answer), so I'm out of luck with any advice that involves me doing anything with the router. What I've tried: - Pretty much every piece of advice I could find around the internet, including Youtube vids, friends' advice, everything in the pinned posts on this forum relating to internet speed, everything in the technical support forums. - I've updated my graphics card, turned settings onto low. - Closed background applications, same with potentially problematic system services. - Reducing interface - Redownloading the game - Looking for better signal spots I'm not sure if it's a latency issue or if the WiFi just simply isn't strong enough to accommodate gaming in the first place. I would really be bummed if I had to look into new computers entirely, but I'm not sure even that would work. My next step if ethernet doesn't work out would be to get a NetGear WiFi adapter, but I want to do what I can do on my end to see if the problem is fixable before I buy anything.meggannn1 14 May
14 May Frame frozen, but game still works. I've been noticing that whenever I would go into the Training Room, my game would freeze on the last frame, then it would continue letting the game work. I can move, I can shoot, but the frame is frozen. It then is followed by, "Your rendering device was lost." I have a NVIDIA 1070 Graphics card as my rendering. Has this happened to anyone else?AimbotNeeded4 14 May
14 May health bars don't appear Sometimes when i shoot people the health bars don't appear and never appear unless i die to them. it's very random and usually happens with moira bastion and doomfist. The rest i see fine.JohnCalvin1 14 May
14 May Headset sound issues while playing Overwatch Recently my sound quality while playing Overwatch, has gotten bad. The sound is very low and cant here the sound effects and music, while in-game. I have tried playing around with settings and default resets. I've tested on other games, and the sound works fine. I use a Corsair 7.1 Void Headset by the way, I've re-installed the software and updated drivers...and nothing has improved. Has anyone else been having issues with their headsets, while playing Overwatch?Capa10 14 May
14 May Unexpected server error I just got a "unexpected server error" and my teammates are now losing the rank game :C HelpFrayHT3 14 May
14 May Stuttering despite high fps I have been having this problem for a few months now. I have a high-end PC and I run the game at 190-250 fps. Even though the fps barely falls in combat, it stutters, and honestly it feels like I'm playing on 40-50 fps. Even weirder: If I play in the practice range, or even host a custom game with 11 bots with all abilities on - I get no stuttering or lag, what so ever. And the slight fps drop I get during comp doesn't happen in those custom games (which is only like 10-20 fps so that shouldn't really matter anyway). Even doubleweirder: I don't have to be in a big teamfight with chaos and havoc for stuttering to take place. Oh no. At one point I was trying to spawncamp a mercy at kings row after they had taken point A. I was inside, she was outside on the other side of the wall. And what do you know - STUTTERING[u][/u]. And a lot of it too. I have (pretty much) done everything related to increasing performance. You name it, i've done it. But apart from vividly increasing my knowledge about a PC, it has all been in vain. I even reset my computer to factory new yesterday and started from scratch. All it did was increase my fps some more. But as you already know, that doesn't matter, because fps is not the problem. Even though the experience feels like I am dropping a s***ton. I have been talking with blizzard for about a week, with a loooong ticket being built between us. Despite their effort to help, this has also been in vain. Right now I just wanna find out what the specific solution is, to this very specific issue. As in, for example: is there any hardware I could purchase to make this go away? Anyone in the community experience anything similar? I would be so happy for any form of feedback! TD;LR: High fps, still stuttering ingame, making it feel like 40-50 fps. High end PC - performance enhancements linked to fps doesn't change anything. Only happens PVP. (ping/rtt/etc is normal)Lintu11 14 May
14 May Chat is litterally blank When i go into Overwatch, the chat is completely blank, its not like its not there, its like all messages in chat aren't there at all and i cant see my teams messages whether they typed it out or they said the commands like "Group up with me" or "I need healing." I can type into chat and (according to my friends) all my messages show up in chat but i cant see what i typed after i hit enter nor can i see what anyone else said. all i did recently was reinstall windows but i didn't install anything new when i did so. can anyone help me because this really sucks and its hard to play comp now, because i don't know what someone is telling me unless they use mic which not everyone uses.Jazixl4 14 May
13 May Connection lost and losing too much NOTE: I've 12ms and 180 fps everygame and no internet issues. I tried to play a game and when I almost won a comp game and I got "lost connection" I could easily win 20-30 sr but instead I lost 50 sr. I thought okay it is fine let's play another game to get it back. IN THE BEGIN OF THE GAME I GOT AGAIN "lost connection" BUT STILL GIVE THIS CANCEROUS SYSTEM ME A SUSPENSION AND AGAIN I LOSE 50 SR SO EVERY ELSE CAN JUST LEAVE AFTER 10 SECONDS WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS. BUT ME WHO GOT "LOST CONNECTION" LOSE ♥♥♥♥ING AGAIN 50 SR AND A 30 MINUTES SUSPENSION? I lost 100 sr within 10 minutes... and getting SR back is hard asf. Every win is around 20-30 sr and a game takes around 15-30 minuts so it takes me ♥♥♥♥ing 60-120 minutes to get it back... change the system.... --- Something else what bothers me too. Since day 1 of this game people have problems with HPET but why it still isn't fixed? Because on my bios I can't disable it and sometimes I crash mid-game (what happens rarely but still)Maikeru4 13 May
13 May Character Models Not Loading in Quickly Ever since Brig's release, often when I load into a match (every gamemode), everything except the character models loading in. This hasn't been a problem before so I can't imagine its something major like RAM. Is it something minor thats just hiding itself? If anything looks wrong here let me know: Intel Xeon Processor Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti 8 GB RAM Internet is fine, no problems in other games with itCAKEsup2 13 May
13 May Rendering Device Lost https://pastebin.com/PydXUiCpDougie0 13 May
13 May Cant file a support ticket ive been trying to file a support ticket for the last hour but it will never let me click "Next" after i put my information in. Ive been having unexplainable disconnects when i play OW only in comp matches resulting in me getting penalized and likely reported. Sometimes it happens before the match starts and others mid game. My internet is fine yet crashes when this happens and goes back online a second later but i get back into the client but cant rejoin game. If there is any body that can help me resolve this issue or at least help me understand why i cant file a call back please help, i dont want to rejoin a game in fear of this persisting but really want to play to climb. Please help.BackStabbath1 13 May
13 May There seems to be something wrong with the newest patch. So, today I've created a Reddit post, TITLE: "So I've just played 6 matches of comp with one leaver each game, all of them came back after a bit and all had to leave for the exact same reason... is it the latest patch or just a huge coincidence?" MAIN PART: "So as the title says, I've just played 6 matches with 6 leavers and 5 of them came back after about 3 minutes saying they had to restart their pc after the game froze and they weren't able to close it, the funny thing is that last game the same !@#$ happened to me. My game suddenly froze and I couldn't close the game, and my pc didn't freeze since I could use the whole strg+alt+del interface and use my windows taskbar but I couldn't close Overwatch through the task manager either since the task manager instantly got put behind the frozen overwatch window after opening it. The point of the whole post is to find out whether this is something many other people have experienced or if it's just a super huge coincidence." And the people who commented on this post seemed to have experienced the same things since the latest patch came out, here some examples: GribbyGrubb wrote: "Happened yesterday to me. First time OW has crashed for me ever. Map was Dorado, defense. Using Roadhog." kevn00 wrote: " I had that happen to teammates in several of my games last night" walerk wrote: Never happened to me before (played every season), had the freeze 2 times in s10 already — once in arcade and on my 1st placements match :thinking: EDIT: have to mention those 2 were the first freezes I've ever had, something's definitely wrong with the patch. So I could just go on pasting answers from the Reddit posts describing how the exact same thing recently happened to many people around them or themselves and one guy (u/SovereignGFC) pointed out that it may have something to do with this patch right here: https://playoverwatch.com/en-us/game/patch-notes/pc/#patch-45948 Sorry for the messy, unpolished post everyone but I already wrote the Reddit post and I am now too tired to make a more tidied up, cleaner post regarding this and I still wanted to post this onto the blizzard forums since it seems to be something that really is an issue with quite a common occurrence that no one is talking about since everyone will just be like " my game crashed? sh-* happens" and won't even get the idea that the exact same thing that has happened to them is regularly happening to others due to some issue?ƗceĿacrima15 13 May
13 May Saving Highlights on Console Causes Game to Crash Hi guys, I hope you're all well. I have had this issue for a long time, where when saving a highlight on my PS4, after the highlight plays and the OW logo appears, the game will crash back to my console start screen. This doesn't happen every time, but happens a lot. Usually re-launching the game and trying to save the highlight again works, but not all the time. I have submitted error reports each time this happens, but I do not know if Sony shares this information with Blizz. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Apologies if I have not submitted enough information, happy to provide more where possible. Thank you.JayWaddy4 13 May
13 May Pink Mercy skin not unlocking I purchased it on the first day, it says it's complete on the website but I still don't have the skin in game? Is anyone else having this problem and is there a way to fix it?MemelordMayo1 13 May
13 May Comp. Game Crashes The game crashes every day basis and when I try to log back in immediately to rejoin the comp game I was playing, its either lost or half way done already... What I am left with is another penalty for leaving the game. WTF. SYSTEM: Win 10 i7-8700 3.2 GHZ 24 Gig Ram, GTX 1060 6 Gig SSC There aren't any errors or msgs that pop up... it just freezes during the game and takes about 4-6 min to completely crash then I am able to log back in. Brand new computer with no virus has been detected thus far.Cakedealer8 13 May
13 May Is This Normal for a (Fullscreen) Display Mode? So I'm trying to make the game work in Fullscreen display mode, however when I Alt+Tab it still shows the Windows Manager rendered over the game. You can see what happens in this Gfycat link : https://gfycat.com/whispereddecentfeline Sorry for vertical :( I have another PC where I play in Fullscreen and when I Alt+Tab the screen goes black for 1 second before minimizing the game, So nothing can be rendered over the game. Which I have always considered normal.ADDAUI1 13 May
13 May Latency issues The internet is fine in other games but in overwatch there are Latency problems 170ms latency (ping). This morning I did not have this problem. i had 90ms latency(ping).. please help blizzard.FealsBadMan11 13 May
13 May Game Froze in Competitive to Update Papa Jeff. Today I encountered a bad thing. You see the game froze while I was having fun playing in ranked. I could hear people talking in voice but I couldn't do anything but shut down the game and hope I could get back to help my team. Sadly this was not to be. Once out from game the launcher forced an update to me. It was like one of those Windows 10 nightmares where you just can't, can't say no. Windows just comes and takes you. Now I am suspended for 10 minutes, Papa Jeff. I feel violated by game update and already traumatic memories of forced Windows 10 installation are coming back. Oh please Papa Jeff, could we have the launcher work in tandem with the game so that it would not force updates while in middle of a competitive match? Thank you Papa Jeff and may Mei never find you.Creakko1 13 May
13 May Console Frame Drop After I installed the update, I decided to jump into comp and have a few games. In my first game I experienced quite heavy frame drops/ lag. I have never had this problem before today and I didn’t have it earlier either. I’m on an Xbox one x, which to my knowledge gave a higher FPS. This isn’t a one off either as I have been in a few quick play games and it’s still happening. I’m not sure if it’s anything do do with the update but any help will be great. ThankyouOrbaik1 13 May
13 May Borderless Window mouse loses focus I have 2 monitors and use borderless window so I can easily go in and out of the game during deathcams and between games, however I have a problem when I turn quickly where my mouse will lose focus and move onto my other screen. It only happens when I turn right (I play on my left screen). It's very annoying and often causes me to die in important moments. My primary monitor's resolution is 1920*1080, while the other monitor is 1440*900.Halosheep12 13 May