Technical Support

27 May CPU/GPU Utilization and Overheating Guidelines Overwatch is a heavily threaded game with fairly complex rendering features. It will use as much of your computer’s CPU and GPU resources as you allow. If your CPU or GPU is not sufficiently cooled to handle running at the options selected in the game (along with any other applications that are running), the CPU/GPU might downgrade its performance while it is overheated. This problem can be exacerbated by overclocking of the CPU/GPU. In the worst cases it can cause your PC to automatically shut down. So if you find yourself in this situation what can you do? The first recommendation is to ensure that you have cleaned out the interior of your computer and all exhaust fans and heat sinks. This will allow your system to cool more efficiently. Secondly you can try shutting down any other applications that are running. These applications can contribute to overall CPU/GPU utilization and introducing overheating. If that does not address your concerns you should ensure that you have enabled LIMIT FPS and VSYNC in the video options. If you set both of these options to OFF you are instructing Overwatch to use as much of the CPU/GPU as it can. This will almost always result in either 100% utilization of the CPU (if your system is CPU limited) or 100% utilization of the GPU (if GPU limited). Setting LIMIT FPS to DISPLAY-BASED will limit the FPS to slightly above the refresh rate of your monitor (60 FPS for most, though some monitors refresh at higher rates). Setting VSYNC to ON will ensure you see no tearing when the screen is refreshed. In some cases, such as older laptops or systems generally prone to running hot, setting the LIMIT FPS to 30FPS might be advisable. If the GPU and CPU in your system are capable of preparing frames faster than the refresh rate then they will have an opportunity to idle during a portion of the frame (and cool down). This should resolve any concern with heavy utilization and/or overheating.Hagut0 27 May
12 Feb Patching Issues - 12/10 We are currently working on the issues related to patching errors when attempting to update Overwatch. We will update this thread as soon as we have more information on this issue. In the meantime we apologise for the disruption this is causing this morning. _____________________________________________________ Na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na na Survey! https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/TiogaradhTiogaradh66 12 Feb
17 Sep Crashes? Performance Issues? Read this! The future is now. Are you with us? We'll be using this thread to track known system and performance issues throughout launch. If you're encountering some problems check out the list below and give the steps a try before you create a new topic. Don't forget, the more bug-related issues can be found in the Bug Report Forum's Known Issues List. Crashes Crash - Intel Drivers, Laptops with Switchable Graphics Crash - I click Play, but Nothing Happens! Crash - Overclocked Memory Crash - No Compatible Graphics Hardware Was Found Crash - Mei's Left Click Causes a Crash In-Game and in Kill Cams Crash - D3DGear Causes Overwatch to Crash Crash - Unknown Error! Crash - Rendering Device Lost Performance Issues Performance - TV Displays Cutting Off Borders Performance - Running Slow While Multitasking (6-core CPUs or lower) Performance - Long Load Times, High Latency (Proxy/VPN/Network Optimizer) Performance - I Only Hear Sound Out of One Headphone Performance - Black Screen with only HUD Visible Performance - Troubleshooting Low Frame RatesTiogaradh19 17 Sep
02 Jul Console Connection Troubleshooting Hey folks, This thread will highlight the usual troubleshooting steps that you will want to try when experiencing connection issues on your Xbox One or PS4 console. 1. Completely close out the Overwatch application and restart it to see if the issue went away. Here's how to do that: ... ... 2. Run your console's built-in connection test (PlayStation 4) (Xbox One). 3. Shut down your console and reset the network devices. 4. If you're using a wireless connection, switch to a wired connection and try the game again. If the issue went away, there could be some signal interfering with the wireless connection that is making it unstable. 5. If your connection uses a modem and a router that are separate devices, bypass the router so that you are connected directly to the modem. If the issue persists, the issue could be that the router is not working as intended or is configured incorrectly. 6. If the above steps have not resolved the issue, we recommend following your console specific steps for PortForwarding your specific router. To do that, go to Portforward.com > Select your router's brand from the list > Select your router's model number > Select Overwatch for the console in question > Follow the steps provided ...Tiogaradh0 02 Jul
01 Jun Limited aspect ratios in Overwatch Many of you have inquired about the lack of certain aspect ratios being supported in Overwatch. The developers have provided the reasoning behind their decision on what to support in the game below. ‘By keeping the aspect ratio fairly limited we were able to allow the artists (primarily UI and animators of first person geometry, but also environment artists) to focus on creating the best experience for the vast majority of the player base. Beyond just framing preferences, currently there is also a lot of stuff that happens just off the edge of the screen which was not intended to be visible. Taking all of these into account, we decided to limit our aspect ratio to provide a better overall experience that represents the quality bar we would like for the game. However, we are continuing to examine the implications of loosening this limit for a future patch.’Xulkayci0 01 Jun
26 May Known and Common Issues ... Breaking Issues I am experiencing unnaturally high amounts of latency... This can be caused for a number of different reasons, some of which have already been documented on the Tech Support Forum. Please be sure to read the stickied posts in the Tech Support Forum for possible workarounds and follow the troubleshooting steps here. If none of the proposed solutions work for you, create a new thread and and copy there the results of your traceroute and pathping tests. All tests must be performed during a problematic moment or immediately after a disconnection! When I start a match sometimes people and weapons are invisible. It is possible for a player to load into the game before some assets have been fully loaded.. Upon trying to connect to a match, I get stuck loading for a long period of time and I am sent back the the lobby before I get in to the match... Substantially slow load times can prevent you from successfully entering a game. Try closing back ground applications, ensuring that your anti-virus software is up-to-date, and that there are no issues with your hard drive. If the problem persists, start a new thread on the Tech Support forum. I placed in the Top 500 but didn't get my rewards... External sites which display Overwatch statistics like seasonal rankings may incorrectly show players in the Top 500 who did not actually make it. Additionally there was a bug earlier in the season which could cause the Top 500 icon to show on player portraits when that player did not actually make the Top 500. I registered my key but get "No Overwatch License found" The physical box contains two keys: the game license key itself and the a key for the Widowmaker Noire skin. Please make sure that you have registered the game key and that you are logged in to the correct Battle.net account. Bugs We keep a list of known active issues at the top of the Overwatch Bug Report Forum.If you encounter a bug which is not currently listed please report it on the Bug Report Forum making sure to follow the Bug Report Forum Guidelines. Note: The Bug Report Forums require a US account in order to post. To create this, log into The Americas game region once, you should then be able to post on this forum normally. For information on changing your game region, please see the Global Play FAQ. Common Issues & Workarounds For advice on the most common type of issues please click on the support category: Account & Security (Hacked/Can't login/Authenticator etc.) Installation & Patching (Stuck/Slow downloads/BLZXXXXX errors etc.) Connection & Latency (Lag/Disconnections/Unable to Connect etc.) Performance & Stability (Crashes/Low FPS etc.) If your issues persist after trying all of the troubleshooting steps in the relevant article, please create a new thread describing your issue in as much detail as possible, include any error messages you are receiving as well as what trouble shooting steps you have taken to try resolve the issue.Hagut0 26 May
23 May Welcome to the Technical Support Forum! Welcome to the Beta Technical Support forum! This forum provides players with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and official Blizzard representatives. While this forum is NOT intended to replace our support contact channels, players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, and participate in on-going discussions here. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with courtesy and respect. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct. Our MVPs are also here to help: Ananda Cazzéh Celiby Danellos DeanX Nyshae Omachi Oussebon Saneko ShammozHagut2 23 May
49m OW makes my PC go to sleep mode Hello. Since a few weeks, I've been experiencing a very frustrating problem with OW. I'm playing on a laptop (Asus G46VW) that suits the game's requirements. I'm playing on an external screen : I play on a screen, and my laptop's hood is closed while I play. Every evening, after several ranked matches, there's a time where my PC automatically switch to deep sleep mode while playing OW. And the time I spend to reboot it, I get kicked from the game and i get a punishment, which is getting bigger and bigger every evening. I've already lost a total of 200 rank points just because of that problem, on separate periods of time. I checked my PC's temp while the problem occurs, everything's fine (no more than 80° for CPU and GPU, which is normal for a 11' laptop and the G46 is built to handle it). Sleep mode is completely disabled in Windows parameters. OW is the only program that makes my PC go to sleep mode without warning. I'm 100% sure it's deep sleep mode and not just a random PC crash due to heat, because the PC does not shut off immediatly : Windows takes time to save the current OS' state, and all my programms including OW stay open. Even my nvidia driver aren't crashing. Then it goes to sleep mode, I relaunch my machine, and my system is immediatly functionnal except it lose internet connexion so I can't immediatly reconnect to OW. Moreover, it takes about 1 min to save the OS's state, so Iget kicked. The problem didn't appear when I'm playing on the laptop's screen only. It seems to be a problem connected with the second monitor feature. This is very annoying, and this problem appears randomly. Any idea on how to fix that ?Plateo2 49m
1h Overheating CPU Overwatch is shutting down my PC. I only encounter this problem in Overwatch. My PC is only for gaming, so I play a lot of games, yet none of them do this. Playing Quick Play was fine, but when I started Comp Play my PC just turned off in the middle of the match. I start it again. Luckily I could rejoin the match, but after 5 min my PC turned off again. When I came back, the match was over and I have an 8 min suspension. (Thanks, Blizz, love ya!) I looked it up on Google, and it turns out I have a severe CPU heating problem. Basically the program I downloaded to monitor my PC, shows my CPU's temp going from a stable 45 degrees, up to 100 degrees Celsius only during OW matches, which causes the automatic shut downs. CPU: i7-2600k GPU: Geforce 980 ti 16gb RAM 1440p Is buying a Thermalright MACHO 120 SBM helping the issue?Syrona1 1h
1h Linking account from PS4 to Battle.net Hi, Recently linked my PS4 account to my Battle.net one, the problem is I linked the wrong account which is inactive. How do I UN-link the account and re-link it to the Battle.net account that I'm using as standard? Thanks in advance.Ecke10 1h
4h suspended for cancelling comp search i was searching for a comp game and 3 mins had passed, so i clicked cancel to restart the search, then my internet cut out AFTER i clicked cancel and when i logged back in, i got suspened for 10 mins and lost 50 sr, wtfNinja48480 4h
6h "Lost Connection to Game Server" "Lost Connection to Game Server" Please help me fix this i dont know whats wrong i played overwatch like for 5 minutes and when i came back it didnt workTheGamingvle20 6h
8h Will my laptop run Overwatch? Hey guys, I apologise if this is the incorrect forum for this question, this is my first ever forum post I've made on this website. Straight to the point, planning on getting the game, laptop specs are: Intel Core-i7 8GB RAM Integrated graphics card 64 bit I am a noob in this kind of stuff, but I'm aware that an integrated graphics card really does limit the performance. So.....will my laptop be able to run overwatch on the lowest settings???scaphrax129 8h
11h Sound problem I have this issue where i do not or barely hear sounds coming from behind me. This is a problem and is quite annoying since sounds are a big part of Overwatch. I can't hear footsteps, gun sounds or enemy ultimate callouts because of this and is getting me killed alot. There have been many situations where i'm Roadhog and an enemy Genji uses his ult behind me, but because i don't hear it he finishes off my whole team while i don't even realize it until it's too late. If i had actually heard him i could've most likely hooked him and save my team. It happens with any ult really. Usually when i realize that an enemy used a damaging ult behind me it's too late. The Genji situation is just one example. It's also a problem when i don't hear a Reaper or McCree walking up behind me when i normally should be able to. Overwatch is the only game where i have this problem and i don't know what causes it or how to fix it. Any help will be appreciated.MARISA16 11h
11h Running from spawn lag Hello, I currently have a problem in Overwatch when I am playing. When I run from the spawn, I run really slow and sometime stop completely up. This problem started 2 days ago and it is annoying that I always comes last to the objective even though I play a character with much more mobility than the others do. i have tried restartig my router but nothing is happening. I play on a ps4 and have no clue how to fix it. pls helpjorghoug14 11h
14h Your rendering device has been lost My overwatch crashesand then i get this message. The Battle.net chat told me to make a thread about it so here i am. Any ideas? I've already tried everything below: http://eu.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/17611601594?page=1#post-18Brax28 14h
14h Extremely low FPS on GTX 1080 card. This is weird. I just got a 1080 card, not really for Overwatch but other massively demanding games. Overwatch always ran just fine on my 760, never had to think about graphics options or tweaking. Looked fine, ran great. Solid 60 always. Now I load up Overwatch for the first time after getting this card and find it runs at 20fps on any setting. On low I just about get 50. What the hell?! I know it's not the card itself, because I've been playing DOOM, Deus Ex: MD, and the Witcher 3 all with perfect 60 while maxed out. Even with the hair physics turned on!! What is happening and how can I fix this? Is anyone else having the problem? I didn't pay £800 for 20fps.Silenthero3 14h
14h FPS Drops after patch So I haven't really had any problems with fps once I put all my settings on low or off, but I tried playing a post patch game as Sombra just now in Numbani and my fps was dropping almost 30 frames (normally I get between 45 and 60) when I looked at the first point. I have a Phenom x4 b55 processor and an amd 380x. I know the processor is a dinosaur but it's been fine til now.Quinn4 14h
15h Launcher: AMD CrossFire Profile (HD5770) So after much googling and restarts, I finally got some settings to work. I had to add a manual profile into CCC for overwatch.exe and set CrossFireX Mode to Optimize 1x1. I used to be able to barely play on Low with AA off, now I can run it Medium/High (although I've tweaked some advanced settings still) with AA on low so it doesn't look horrible. My problem comes now in that when I boot the game through the Blizzard Launcher, everything is laggy as hell and I suspect the CrossFire profile isn't hooking. When I run the executable directly, it does run smoothly. So how do we get the Blizzard Launcher to properly trigger the profile?Bicker1 15h
17h Highlights bugged For the past month and a half my highlights have been bugging out during certain sessions. I recorded it last night to be able to show: https://youtu.be/Tsnf9Mv_5vk Happens maybe once per week. Haven't brought it up before since Blizzard usually fixes bugs rather quickly.Elastik550 17h
18h Xbox Rejoin system only works ~ 5% of the time Hi, My friends and I all have very good connections, but once in a while it can drop mid competitive game. We normally manage to sort the internet out within about 30 seconds, however, the way the Overwatch client seems to work is, if your internet drops (rather than just disconnecting form the game) because you disconnect from Xbox Live, Overwatch loses track of which competitive match you were in. As a result there is almost always no REJOIN option. This REALLY needs to be addressed. Punishing players who have bad connection and will frequently disconnect causing match losses is good and healthy, but for those who have it rarely and with the capability to rejoin, should not be penalized, as it is not a fault on our end. I am unsure how this could be implemented, maybe a game number could be given to each player during competitive game which can be synced with the live account, so rejoining is more feasible.Chadderz1 18h
18h Unreasonable high CPU usage So this is a problem I have had across the closed and open beta, and that I'm still having after launch. It has persisted through several reinstalls of the game and a complete reformat of my computer. Whenever I'm in a game, my CPU usage constantly skyrockets to over 90% and bottlenecks my fps. I have a 144Hz display and a computer that I would think should be more than good enough to run the game at a stable 144 fps, but that is not the case. It is not my GPU that is causing the bottleneck, since it rarely ever reaches more than 70% usage. The weird thing is that during skirmishes and while waiting for players to connect, my CPU is running at a much lower percentage (closer to 50%) and my fps is a constant 144 (or 150 or whatever the cap is when using 144Hz). But then the second an actual game starts, my CPU usage skyrockets and bottlenecks my system again. I have tried messing around with different graphics settings, which does not really seem to affect my CPU usage at all. I have also tried closing just about every single program on my computer, which also does not help. The fact that this only seems to be a problem during actual games and not things like skirmishes and in training mode leads me to think that this has to be some sort of bug/optimization issue. My specs are: i5-3570K@4.3GHz, GTX 980 Ti, 16GB DDR3 RAM.Myllarguten93 18h
18h High Ping Yesterday I got put on a server where i had 100ms, and everything was lagging all the time. This was even more frustrating because it was competitive. Today someone with a really bad ping got put on my team and we lost because of it. I am wondering if this is a recurring error. My zone is put on Europe and I normally play with about 15ms. Kind regardsMaxeh4 18h
20h Chat bug Cant press enter several times a day when i enter chat, have to tab out/in of the game for it to work again. it happened in beta aswellCrawlern23 20h
21h What's wrong with this game? For the first time i forever i couldnt have connected to a competitive match before it started (my loading screen with nicknames and ranks didnt dispear so i needed to quit overwatch and run it again) and then i couldn't connect to the match as the game didnt let me to do so. What's my fault in this situation? Why do i have to lose 50 sr and get banned for 10 mins because of overwatch technical errors? http://imgur.com/a/9hHDzPricheta1 21h
21h Mouse disconnet Hi, I'm having an issue where my mouse disconnects in Overwatch only. This is a common problem and as of yet, nothing has been fixed. Video of the issue (not my channel) - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ig21_22sA2A/ Previous threads: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20744844295 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20744864488 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752655616 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20748145278 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20744814716 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752386492 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20752256238 https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20749175870 The list could literally go on (https://www.google.co.uk/?gws_rd=ssl#q=overwatch+mouse+disconnect+site:us.battle.net&start=10) My specs: Windows 10 Logitech g15 rev 2 Cougar mouse XFX 750W PSU XFX R9 290 DD I5 6600K @ 4.5GH 16GB HyperX DDR4 @ 2133mhz Crucial 128gb SSD Toshiba 1tb Sata 2 mechanical drive (game installed here) I've ordered a USB to PS/2 adapter to try to see if that fixes anything, I've tried various different ports etc. I really think that a blue post would be beneficial due to how many people also get this issue. It didn't seem to do it in earlier versions of the game, maybe just after Sombra patch.Onion17 21h
21h Low GPU usage (low FPS), only in multiplayer Hello, problem in title of the topic. GPU usage in multiplayer games (quickplay, arcade, comp) not rise up above 50%. Because of this, I can get stable FPS only locking it on display-based value (69). But in the main menu screen and practice range / training my GPU load is 99%, and I can get stable high FPS value (275-290) without any problems. My game settings all at low, resolution scale is 100%. Changing graphic settings does not have effect. Changing screen resolution does not have effect. Game runs in fullscreen exclusive mode. My specs are: Core i5-6500 Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB 8GB DDR4 3200Mhz RAM DxDiag report: http://pastebin.com/hjZtd1Zr Several clarifications: I do not have overheat of any of PC components I do not have this kind of problem in other games (Doom, Watch_Dogs 2, Battlefield 1, etc) I do not have any "heavy background processess" (anti-virus, streaming tools, etc) I do not change any settings in Nvidia Control Panel Drivers are up to date MB BIOS is up to date OS is up to date This problem appears ONLY in multiplayer matches. I will be glad to provide more information if nedeed.ren18 21h
1d Constant FPS Drops In Game As the Title says, I'm having huge FPS Drop in game since the winter patch, specially during team fight or using voice chat in group with my friends. New things too, characters take a few seconds to load when starting a game. all this never happened before November 2016. I saw countless threads dealing about this issue and I tried everything suggested that might help the case such as: -Disable the Battle-net Luncher while playing -Delete the game's cache in the documents folder -Disable The Share Option on Nvidia Experience -Uninstall Nvidia Experience -Update/Roll Back Nvidia Drivers - GTX 960M -Set High performance in the power option of windows 10 -Set High performance for Overwatch in the Nvidia 3D Options -Modifying Graphics and FPS Settings in Game And Guess What? none of these changed a thing. All my other games run perfectly fine. So I naturally come to the conclusion where Blizzard have messed up with their latest patches (Post November 2016, since everything was working just fine back then) putting thousands of players in a delicate situation where the game is nearly unplayable. A little help or update to fix this would be much appreciated. Thanks.Onizzuka6 1d
1d overwatch disconnects me from the internet everytime i try to play overwatch and join a match it keeps disconnecting me and asking me for id and password and the internet disconnects from my pc i have searched and i have found a lot of people with the same problem but no one answered with a solution pleas help as soon as possibleblackphoenix66 1d
1d BLZBNTAGT000009D2 Error BLZBNTAGT000009D2 Get this error. Help me please. ThanksRapid5 1d
1d Voice Chat Error 10007 Resolved issue with: https://support.riotgames.com/hc/en-us/articles/201761944#wq7 So I'm currently experiencing an issue with Overwatch voice chat. It hasn't worked for me since I started playing. When I join a game, there is no messages saying I've joined the voice chat When I press 'P' and click to join a voice channel, I still don't receive any messages. I am constantly muted and cannot unmute myself. I don't hear anybody else in the channel, nor do I have the option to mute them. I have done the following: Configured Router and Firewall Ports(https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/300479) Closed Backgroun Apps(https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/200483?utm_source=internal-support_forums&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCSEU&utm_content=120716) Updated Audio Drivers(https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/200576) All of which was also suggest here.(https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/7635?utm_source=internal-support_forums&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCSEU&utm_content=120716) The only other thing I can think to try is see if I can move my desktop to test out another network, or see if I can find another machine to test on. Has anybody else encountered this issue and found a solution? Most of what I find ends in failure to resolve. Thank you for your time, Aigo580Aigo5808 1d
1d Voice chat error 10007 The voice chat stops working at - what it seems - random ocations. I've had this problem since the beta. I've done all the port forwarding etc (both software firewall and router). I can usually temporarily fix this by restarting my PC and if im lucky i can have an hour worth of play before i need to restart again. Restarting and dropping out of groups and do a lot of games without the chat is !@#$ing annoying though. Is this a problem on my end???? I've spent countless hours troubleshooting (different PC's, connections, routers, port forwarding, audio setttings, headsets, OS etc) and would like to know if i should continue spending more time on it or just wait or stop playing overwatch. Is there anyone out there who managed to solve this problem?strawbrrygrl1 1d
1d Game freeze when connecting to match I've been having this issue lately, but frequently when I connect to a game all visuals from the game are frozen and I just have a still image on screen. I can still move and interact within the game though, it's just the visual portion that freezes. I've updated my drivers, switched from 2 monitors to 1, changed all my settings and still the issue persists. It's really frustrating as it's causing me to have to alt+f4 randomly when playing competitive, making it incredibly difficult to continue to climb and resulting in several 30 minute bans. If anyone can help out so my bans don't become extended or I get placed in the leavers que I would appreciate it. Edit: I've also tried but I can't seem to consistently replicate the issue. I've tried closing all non-essential processes but the issue persists, I've tried just normal play and the issue persists. Edit 2: It's just happened again and I've now been suspended for 2 hours. Any suggestions are greatly appreciatedFrenchToast0 1d
1d wmiprvse.exe service high cpu with battle.net exe I've been having quite a few problems with high CPU with the battle.net client. After doing a fair bit of digging around my setup and using Windows Process Monitor (https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/sysinternals/processmonitor.aspx) I've discovered the battle.net exe (and probably agent.exe) are spamming the wmiprvse.exe service thousands of times a second continuosly. Does anyone else experience this and have a fix/workaround? I suspect it's what is causing my OW crashes as it really pushes the CPU hard for no apparent reason (not even in game at this point just the launcher). http://imgur.com/a/RnQgb Thanks in advance for any assistance.Torillian2 1d
1d Borderless Window mouse loses focus I have 2 monitors and use borderless window so I can easily go in and out of the game during deathcams and between games, however I have a problem when I turn quickly where my mouse will lose focus and move onto my other screen. It only happens when I turn right (I play on my left screen). It's very annoying and often causes me to die in important moments. My primary monitor's resolution is 1920*1080, while the other monitor is 1440*900.Halosheep6 1d
1d Game crashing on character selection screen Hello, Since the latest update (Year of the Rooster) i've encountered a literally game breaking problem. Anytime i enter Quick Play the game crashes the moment character selection screen loads. Every time without exception. But the crashes themselves are of silent type, no error dump or prompt, it's like i've done alt+f4 on the game. I've tried training and practice range, and i've managed to play them without issues, but when i started vs AI game the same thing happened as with Quick Play game. I've tried "repairing" the game, reinstalling graphics card drivers, restarting several times after doing some tweaks and i've even unistalled the game and did a fresh install afterwards. Nothing helped. The issue still persists. And before you give me the default "remove razer cortex" i must point out that i've never installed it on my laptop, i didn't even know what it was before i came here searching for a solution to my issue. I must also mention that Overwatch ran perfectly before the latest update. I play it a lot on daily basis and never had an issue before. Nothing changed on my laptop between the last time i've ran Overwatch successfully and the time update hit. Nothing was installed, nothing was tweaked, there was no need to do anything because Overwatch is the only game i play and i had no problems with it beforehand. Thank you.Fichek4 1d
1d Problems with updating overwatch I started updating overwatch last night and this morning when i tried to play the update wasn't finished and won't continue downloading. It just displays "waiting ." I've tried pausing and resuming the download but nothing works. It's not my internet connection either. I don't know if i'm doing something wrong or what else i can do, so if someone could help me i'd really appreciate it.SneezyDwarf0 1d
1d Problems with updating overwatch I started updating overwatch last night and this morning when i tried to play the update wasn't finished and won't continue downloading. It just displays "waiting ." I've tried pausing and resuming the download but nothing works. It's not my internet connection either. I don't know if i'm doing something wrong or what else i can do, so if someone could help me i'd really appreciate it.SneezyDwarf0 1d
1d Lag/Pingspikes etc on BT ADSL2+ Broadband Not sure if it was nice the event start of just before then but for the last few weeks I have been having horrid lag during peak times 6pm-12am on all game modes of overwatch. Having spoke to BT and the customer support forums they say that games always have lag issues etc but I never had these issues before the event and before 2nd of Jan 2017 where an openreach network outage caused me to lose net for 3 days. Here is the post from the BT customer Forums https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-Broadband-Speed/Poor-evening-connection-EVERY-EVENING/td-p/1709250 So is there anything that I can post here to help diagnose the issues etc? Here is the looking glass stuff TRACEROUTE: traceroute to MY IP ADDRESS , 15 hops max, 60 byte packets 1 5.42.188.5 (5.42.188.5) 0.825 ms 1.053 ms 1.165 ms 2 Blizzard (Blizzard) 1.457 ms 1.505 ms 1.565 ms 3 37.244.9.102 (37.244.9.102) 0.976 ms 1.039 ms 1.078 ms 4 24.105.31.19 (24.105.31.19) 8.824 ms 8.912 ms 8.977 ms 5 37.244.11.32 (37.244.11.32) 8.750 ms 8.800 ms 8.886 ms 6 195.66.227.42 (195.66.227.42) 8.900 ms 9.852 ms 9.836 ms 7 62.172.103.6 (62.172.103.6) 10.787 ms 10.865 ms 10.882 ms 8 195.99.127.139 (195.99.127.139) 10.403 ms 10.029 ms 10.023 ms 9 * * * 10 * * * 11 * * * 12 * * * 13 * * * 14 * * * 15 * * * 12/02/2017 23:25:39 UTC -------------------- TRACEROUTE: traceroute to MY IP ADDRESS, 15 hops max, 60 byte packets 1 5.42.168.5 (5.42.168.5) 0.699 ms 0.776 ms 0.901 ms 2 Blizzard (Blizzard) 1.358 ms 1.367 ms 1.442 ms 3 37.244.10.102 (37.244.10.102) 0.810 ms 0.860 ms 1.085 ms 4 24.105.31.31 (24.105.31.31) 6.828 ms 6.894 ms 6.960 ms 5 37.244.11.32 (37.244.11.32) 6.782 ms 6.793 ms 6.887 ms 6 195.66.227.42 (195.66.227.42) 6.594 ms 6.630 ms 6.632 ms 7 62.172.103.6 (62.172.103.6) 7.999 ms 8.023 ms 8.038 ms 8 195.99.127.113 (195.99.127.113) 8.183 ms 8.106 ms 8.179 ms 9 * * * 10 * * * 11 * * * 12 * * * 13 * * * 14 * * * 15 * * * 12/02/2017 23:25:39 UTC -------------------- PING: PING MY IP address 56(84) bytes of data. --- MY IP ADDRESS ping statistics --- 4 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 2998ms 12/02/2017 23:25:39 UTC -------------------- PING: PING MYIP ADDRESS 56(84) bytes of data. --- My Ip address ping statistics --- 4 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 2998ms 12/02/2017 23:25:39 UTC -------------------- MTR: Start: Sun Feb 12 23:25:39 2017 HOST: Blizzard Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev 1.|-- 5.42.168.5 0.0% 10 0.5 0.6 0.4 0.9 0.0 2.|-- Blizzard 0.0% 10 1.3 1.3 1.0 1.5 0.0 3.|-- 37.244.10.102 0.0% 10 0.9 0.9 0.8 1.3 0.0 4.|-- 24.105.31.31 0.0% 10 6.9 6.9 6.8 7.1 0.0 5.|-- 37.244.11.32 0.0% 10 6.7 7.0 6.7 8.2 0.3 6.|-- 195.66.227.42 0.0% 10 6.8 6.9 6.6 7.7 0.0 7.|-- 62.172.103.6 0.0% 10 8.1 8.2 8.0 8.5 0.0 8.|-- 195.99.127.113 0.0% 10 8.1 8.2 8.1 8.5 0.0 9.|-- ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 12/02/2017 23:25:39 UTC -------------------- MTR: Start: Sun Feb 12 23:25:39 2017 HOST: Blizzard Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev 1.|-- 5.42.188.5 0.0% 10 0.6 0.7 0.5 1.5 0.0 2.|-- Blizzard 0.0% 10 2.1 1.4 1.2 2.1 0.0 3.|-- 37.244.9.102 0.0% 10 0.9 1.0 0.7 1.4 0.0 4.|-- 24.105.31.19 0.0% 10 8.8 8.8 8.6 9.2 0.0 5.|-- 37.244.11.32 0.0% 10 8.6 8.8 8.5 9.5 0.0 6.|-- 195.66.227.42 0.0% 10 8.4 8.6 8.4 9.1 0.0 7.|-- 62.172.103.6 0.0% 10 11.1 10.7 10.3 11.1 0.0 8.|-- 195.99.127.139 0.0% 10 10.1 10.1 10.1 10.2 0.0 9.|-- ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 12/02/2017 23:25:39 UTC --------------------WigglesGRN4 1d
1d Competitive crash I just lost 60 sr in comp after my game crashed it only showed the starting screen and i had to leave and i couldnt join the game anymoreIze4 1d
1d Cannot connect to any online games -Console Brand (XB1) -Searching for game - never connects -Router reset to defaults, ports forwarded, xbox hard reset, game reinstalled. -Your location: England, Wolverhampton -Name of your ISP :BT Infinity UPDATE : I went to a friends house and logged onto my live account and have the same issue with no connection to any game mode. When he logs in on his account he can get into a game within seconds. This would suggest something wrong with my account, please help this has been happening for a week now. For the last Six days I have been unable to connect to any online match either competitive or quickplay. I have an open ticket and have followed suggestions to no avail. All other online games that I play connect without issue. Xbox network tests all pass. I have a PC that my son plays Overwatch on the same network and there are no problems there. I would welcome any help in resolving this issue please. Thanks Traceroute for an IP adress given by Blizzard: C:\WINDOWS\system32>tracert 5.42.173.35 Tracing route to 5.42.173.35 over a maximum of 30 hops 1 1 ms 1 ms 2 ms router.asus.com [192.168.1.1] 2 * * * Request timed out. 3 * * * Request timed out. 4 10 ms 10 ms 11 ms 31.55.187.180 5 17 ms 13 ms 13 ms core1-hu0-8-0-1.southbank.ukcore.bt.net [195.99.127.176] 6 11 ms 12 ms 12 ms peer1-hu0-9-0-0.slough.ukcore.bt.net [62.172.103.151] 7 15 ms 12 ms 11 ms 195.66.226.234 8 22 ms 20 ms 20 ms 37.244.11.33 9 * * * Request timed out. 10 22 ms 19 ms 18 ms 37.244.10.103 11 20 ms 21 ms 20 ms 185.60.114.151 12 * * * Request timed out. 13 * * * Request timed out. 14 * * * Request timed out. 15 * * * Request timed out. 16 * * * Request timed out. 17 * * * Request timed out. 18 * * * Request timed out. 19 * * * Request timed out. 20 * * * Request timed out. 21 * * * Request timed out. 22 * * * Request timed out. 23 * * * Request timed out. 24 * * * Request timed out. 25 * * * Request timed out. 26 * * * Request timed out. 27 * * * Request timed out. 28 * * * Request timed out. 29 * * * Request timed out. 30 * * * Request timed out. C:\WINDOWS\system32>pathping 5.42.173.35 Tracing route to 5.42.173.35 over a maximum of 30 hops 0 MSI [192.168.1.236] 1 router.asus.com [192.168.1.1] 2 * * * Computing statistics for 25 seconds... Source to Here This Node/Link Hop RTT Lost/Sent = Pct Lost/Sent = Pct Address 0 MSI [192.168.1.236] 0/ 100 = 0% | 1 1ms 0/ 100 = 0% 0/ 100 = 0% router.asus.com [192.168.1.1] Trace complete.Funbags1 1d
1d "Failed to connect to server" Hello. I was recently playing Overwatch with some of my friends. Upon finishing a game, we proceeded to start the queue to play another one. After several minutes of waiting, my friends asked me why I left from the game, and they told me that their match was cancelled. This took me completely by surprise, as I was not joined into any game, and no match started for me. After closer inspection, I saw a message in chat that wrote "Failed to connect to server. You have left the group." I also noticed that I received a 30 minute competitive suspension because of this. http://prntscr.com/dlwx0f I am very confused by this. Is it possible that my group was joined into a competitive game without me, thus leading to the abandoning of the match and me receiving a suspension? Is this a connection issue on my side that will be persistent? If so, how do I fix it? Although the ban expires, does it stay on my account forever? Thanks.Kryptonised42 1d
1d Sound cuts in and out As it says in the title, my sound keeps on cutting in and out non stop, I dont know how to fix this problem. Any ideas?. and i have a pc that more than capable to running the gameLesnige9 1d
1d Leavers vs Crachers Alright, I wanted to say some stuff about the leaving policy in competitive play. First of all, I want to say that in general, I support Blizzards leaving policy in Overwatch. People that abandon their team halfway through a comp game which in turn screws everyone should really be punished for it, and the rules that are in place now do just that. However, I have never left a competitive match on purpose but i am currently banned from playing comp. See, my PlayStation 4 has some issues which cause some games to crash a whole bunch. Overwatch in general runs fine but it does crash occasionally. Some days I can play for 3 hours straight with no problems, and other days I will crash every 15 minutes. I don't blame Overwatch for this as i know it's my PlayStations fault, but these crashes have been screwing me quite a lot recently. When I'm playing competitive and I crash, the game sees this as leaving the game and gives me a penalty. I can't rejoin, lose sr and get a timely ban. Now, if I was actually leaving these penalties would be deserved, but my game crashed. There was nothing I could have done. This has happened I believe three times and now my account is banned from comp for either the season or forever. To prevent this from happening to other people I would like Blizzard to implement some kind of feature which differentiates crashing from leaving/turning off the console. Now, I know the square root of zero about game design, and I have no clue how hard this would be to implement as turning off the console would probably lead to the same kind of behavior on the server, but I feel it would be at least fair to quickly look into as I'm fairly sure I'm not the only one being screwed by this.FizzyElf0 1d
1d Failed to connect to server I keep on playing comp but whenever i join it shows the screen with all the players and their rank but then i disconnect and it says failed to connect to server. I have lost ~300 sr due to this stupid glitch. Its not even my internet, i have a second monitor with music running and i can still acces the internet during this time. I just got a 20 hour suspension. And just got back from a 8 hour one. Please help. Is there something wrong with the servers?Quizdo0 1d
1d Possible Fix for random FPS drops in game I've had this FPS drop issue (for 4-5 seconds my FPS drops to 40-50 and the game becomes unplayable) for about 2 weeks now and i tried everything i could think of to fix and nothing helped. Today i decided to try the game without the battle.net launcher/client. I played 5 comp matches total and didnt get a single FPS drop. If you want to try it out go to C:\Program Files (x86)\Overwatch and load up Overwatch.exe . You do have to login with your account etc everytime you load it up from there. Let me know if it worked for you.victoRious33 1d
1d Overwatch won't launch Overwatch wont launch, i have tried literally everything. it hasn't worked since the rooster update. I did a selective startup and tried to repair it. but it says *Game is launching* then *Game is running* then it goes back to the play button and nothing launched. I need help here because I have done absolutely everything. I even re-installed Overwatch and Battle.net. HelpVxlks3 1d
1d failed to connect to the server we were on the rank game and one of us had failed to connect to the asian server ( he tried to rejoin SO MANY TIMES but failed), which we ended up getting defeated. in the rank games, i think it's really unfair if some of us had a TECHNICAL ISSUE that for example, couldn't connect to the server, ALL of us just lose and get penalties? what is more, asian serv is so sooooooo laggy these days, and it happens way too often (for example while i just casually walk suddenly it freezes then i'm surprisingly teleported to forward? also the skills work after few seconds i press the buttons and etc.) please do sth abt it i don't wanna lose any more points because of this probYEP2 1d
1d Will this graphics card cut it GeForce GT 525M have the game but on a temporary pcAqua5 1d
1d FPS Capping at 60-61 FPS With 3 Dots. Alright, so my computer isn't the best, (I run on the lowest settings lol) but I have been playing Overwatch for about a week and a half after moving from another platform, and I have experienced about 80-100 frames with no mouse delay. Now, randomly this morning in the middle of a game I have lots of mouse delay and my FPS sticks at 59-61 with three dots at the end of the number as such: 61... As of right now I haven't had much success, although I haven't done much besides restarting the computer, running OW as Admin, and messing with a couple of NVIDIA settings, but I haven't really found anyone with the same problem yet. Sorry if I'm not the most experienced with these problems but any help is appreciated. Thanks :)Custom0 1d