Technical Support

27 May 2016 CPU/GPU Utilization and Overheating Guidelines Overwatch is a heavily threaded game with fairly complex rendering features. It will use as much of your computer’s CPU and GPU resources as you allow. If your CPU or GPU is not sufficiently cooled to handle running at the options selected in the game (along with any other applications that are running), the CPU/GPU might downgrade its performance while it is overheated. This problem can be exacerbated by overclocking of the CPU/GPU. In the worst cases it can cause your PC to automatically shut down. So if you find yourself in this situation what can you do? The first recommendation is to ensure that you have cleaned out the interior of your computer and all exhaust fans and heat sinks. This will allow your system to cool more efficiently. Secondly you can try shutting down any other applications that are running. These applications can contribute to overall CPU/GPU utilization and introducing overheating. If that does not address your concerns you should ensure that you have enabled LIMIT FPS and VSYNC in the video options. If you set both of these options to OFF you are instructing Overwatch to use as much of the CPU/GPU as it can. This will almost always result in either 100% utilization of the CPU (if your system is CPU limited) or 100% utilization of the GPU (if GPU limited). Setting LIMIT FPS to DISPLAY-BASED will limit the FPS to slightly above the refresh rate of your monitor (60 FPS for most, though some monitors refresh at higher rates). Setting VSYNC to ON will ensure you see no tearing when the screen is refreshed. In some cases, such as older laptops or systems generally prone to running hot, setting the LIMIT FPS to 30FPS might be advisable. If the GPU and CPU in your system are capable of preparing frames faster than the refresh rate then they will have an opportunity to idle during a portion of the frame (and cool down). This should resolve any concern with heavy utilization and/or overheating.Hagut0 27 May 2016
04 Oct COMMON CONNECTION AND LATENCY ISSUES Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpTiogaradh5 04 Oct
10 Sep Crashes on AMD Drivers 17.7.2 through 17.11.2 Important: the steps below should not be attempted on Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update (build 16299). Unfortunately the older drivers have been reported to have some compatibility conflicts with the Fall Creator's Update. (17.10.2 was the first driver with Fall Creator's Update support.) This may cause other issues with other programs, or Overwatch itself. If you are on Fall Creator's Update, you'll need to wait for a driver fix or roll back to a previous build of Windows. Workaround post below ==================== Hey all, We've received a very large number of reports concerning crashes and hangups of the game client with the most recent patch, and it appears the problem is a conflict with recent builds of AMD drivers. Each of the following builds are affected: 17.7.2 17.8.1 17.8.2 17.9.1 17.9.2 17.9.3 17.10.1 17.10.2 17.10.3 17.11.1 17.11.2 We've contacted AMD and are working with them on the issue, and it's a known issue as of the 17.9.1 through 17.11.2 drivers. The crashes are of several types, from Rendering Device Lost crashes, to Unexpected Error Occurred crashes, and even some Blue Screens of Death. If you are using these recent drivers, please be aware that you will be prone to performance issues and crashes. I recommend against playing competitive until you are sure you are not crashing again. We are unable to remove penalties incurred due to this issue as the crashes do affect your teammates. Many players are able to resolve their crashes by temporarily removing any and all graphics card overclocking. If you have a factory overclocked graphics card, you will also want to disable the factory overclock. ... If this fails, the majority of other issues are resolved as follows: First, download the 17.7.1 driver version from AMD. 1. Visit the AMD Driver Website 2. On the Manually Select your Driver box, fill out the information on your graphics card and operating system and click Display Results 3. On the new page that comes up, look to the Helpful Links section on the right. One of the options is Download Previous Drivers & Software. Navigate to this link. 4. Download the Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.1 Optional Driver and save it somewhere you can find it. Don't use this yet Now, we need to fully clear the newer driver with a tool called Display Driver Uninstaller. 1. Download Display Driver Uninstaller from The Wagnard Mobile Forum (Click “Official Download Here” near the bottom of Wagnard's first post. It will automatically download) 2. Run the Display Driver Uninstaller file you downloaded and extract it to your desktop 3. On your desktop, click Display Driver Uninstaller and run it. You may get better results if you run this in Safe Mode. 4. Click Clean and Restart 5. After restart, install the 17.7.1 driver we downloaded earlier. If you continue to have issues, please feel free to contact support. Make sure to mention you've already followed the instructions in this post so we don't send them to you again.Tiogaradh13 10 Sep
17 Sep 2016 Crashes? Performance Issues? Read this! The future is now. Are you with us? We'll be using this thread to track known system and performance issues throughout launch. If you're encountering some problems check out the list below and give the steps a try before you create a new topic. Don't forget, the more bug-related issues can be found in the Bug Report Forum's Known Issues List. Crashes Crash - Intel Drivers, Laptops with Switchable Graphics Crash - I click Play, but Nothing Happens! Crash - Overclocked Memory Crash - No Compatible Graphics Hardware Was Found Crash - Mei's Left Click Causes a Crash In-Game and in Kill Cams Crash - D3DGear Causes Overwatch to Crash Crash - Unknown Error! Crash - Rendering Device Lost Performance Issues Performance - TV Displays Cutting Off Borders Performance - Running Slow While Multitasking (6-core CPUs or lower) Performance - Long Load Times, High Latency (Proxy/VPN/Network Optimizer) Performance - I Only Hear Sound Out of One Headphone Performance - Black Screen with only HUD Visible Performance - Troubleshooting Low Frame RatesTiogaradh19 17 Sep 2016
02 Jul 2016 Console Connection Troubleshooting Hey folks, This thread will highlight the usual troubleshooting steps that you will want to try when experiencing connection issues on your Xbox One or PS4 console. 1. Completely close out the Overwatch application and restart it to see if the issue went away. Here's how to do that: ... ... 2. Run your console's built-in connection test (PlayStation 4) (Xbox One). 3. Shut down your console and reset the network devices. 4. If you're using a wireless connection, switch to a wired connection and try the game again. If the issue went away, there could be some signal interfering with the wireless connection that is making it unstable. 5. If your connection uses a modem and a router that are separate devices, bypass the router so that you are connected directly to the modem. If the issue persists, the issue could be that the router is not working as intended or is configured incorrectly. 6. If the above steps have not resolved the issue, we recommend following your console specific steps for PortForwarding your specific router. To do that, go to Portforward.com > Select your router's brand from the list > Select your router's model number > Select Overwatch for the console in question > Follow the steps provided ...Tiogaradh0 02 Jul 2016
01 Jun 2016 Limited aspect ratios in Overwatch Many of you have inquired about the lack of certain aspect ratios being supported in Overwatch. The developers have provided the reasoning behind their decision on what to support in the game below. ‘By keeping the aspect ratio fairly limited we were able to allow the artists (primarily UI and animators of first person geometry, but also environment artists) to focus on creating the best experience for the vast majority of the player base. Beyond just framing preferences, currently there is also a lot of stuff that happens just off the edge of the screen which was not intended to be visible. Taking all of these into account, we decided to limit our aspect ratio to provide a better overall experience that represents the quality bar we would like for the game. However, we are continuing to examine the implications of loosening this limit for a future patch.’Xulkayci0 01 Jun 2016
26 May 2016 Known and Common Issues ... Breaking Issues I am experiencing unnaturally high amounts of latency... This can be caused for a number of different reasons, some of which have already been documented on the Tech Support Forum. Please be sure to read the stickied posts in the Tech Support Forum for possible workarounds and follow the troubleshooting steps here. If none of the proposed solutions work for you, create a new thread and and copy there the results of your traceroute and pathping tests. All tests must be performed during a problematic moment or immediately after a disconnection! When I start a match sometimes people and weapons are invisible. It is possible for a player to load into the game before some assets have been fully loaded.. Upon trying to connect to a match, I get stuck loading for a long period of time and I am sent back the the lobby before I get in to the match... Substantially slow load times can prevent you from successfully entering a game. Try closing back ground applications, ensuring that your anti-virus software is up-to-date, and that there are no issues with your hard drive. If the problem persists, start a new thread on the Tech Support forum. I placed in the Top 500 but didn't get my rewards... External sites which display Overwatch statistics like seasonal rankings may incorrectly show players in the Top 500 who did not actually make it. Additionally there was a bug earlier in the season which could cause the Top 500 icon to show on player portraits when that player did not actually make the Top 500. I registered my key but get "No Overwatch License found" The physical box contains two keys: the game license key itself and the a key for the Widowmaker Noire skin. Please make sure that you have registered the game key and that you are logged in to the correct Blizzard account. Bugs We keep a list of known active issues at the top of the Overwatch Bug Report Forum.If you encounter a bug which is not currently listed please report it on the Bug Report Forum making sure to follow the Bug Report Forum Guidelines. Note: The Bug Report Forums require a US account in order to post. To create this, log into The Americas game region once, you should then be able to post on this forum normally. For information on changing your game region, please see the Global Play FAQ. Common Issues & Workarounds For advice on the most common type of issues please click on the support category: Account & Security (Hacked/Can't login/Authenticator etc.) Installation & Patching (Stuck/Slow downloads/BLZXXXXX errors etc.) Connection & Latency (Lag/Disconnections/Unable to Connect etc.) Performance & Stability (Crashes/Low FPS etc.) If your issues persist after trying all of the troubleshooting steps in the relevant article, please create a new thread describing your issue in as much detail as possible, include any error messages you are receiving as well as what trouble shooting steps you have taken to try resolve the issue.Hagut0 26 May 2016
23 May 2016 Welcome to the Technical Support Forum! Welcome to the Technical Support forum! This forum provides players with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and official Blizzard representatives. While this forum is NOT intended to replace our support contact channels, players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, and participate in on-going discussions here. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with courtesy and respect. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct. Our MVPs are also here to help: Ananda Cazzéh Celiby Danellos DeanX Nyshae Omachi Oussebon Saneko ShammozHagut2 23 May 2016
2h EU servers Packet loss megathread It has become unbearable to play on them and for whatever reason Blizzard has a netherlands fetish so you only get to play on faulty servers. The connection indicators are permanent and I'm not the only one with this issue. cdg1 and euc Servers don't have this problem, but getting to play on them is like winning the lottery. MTR to prove i'm not a moron https://imgur.com/a/s4TvZ MTR with 1400 Bytes https://imgur.com/a/E9duf This has been going on for days and people are slowly becoming more aware. However, this issue is ALWAYS blamed on the end user. This is entirely Blizzard's fault and until this issue is resolved, I do not want to play on Amsterdam servers anymore. Give us fra1, cdg1 or euc1 Servers and disable the ams1 Servers. The game is literally unplayable with 10% packet loss happening ALL THE TIME GIVE US MORE NON AMS1 SERVERS OR THE GAME WILL REMAIN UNPLAYABLE FOR THE MAJORITY OF THE EUAntiUltimate25 2h
2h Will my laptop run Overwatch? Hello, I tried the game on this machine, but I couldn't make it run smoothly. I am not experienced in this sort of thing, all I've messed with was the in-game settings, but the end result was not satisfying. So, my question is - is there hope for my machine to run the game smoothly? And if yes, what does it take to do it? Intel(R) core(TM) i3-6100U CPU @ 2.30GHz 2.30GHz RAM 4GB (3,90GB usable) x64 windows 10 Intel(R) HD Graphics 520 I love the game, and looking forward to your feedback :) thanksRizlaHVAR0 2h
4h Windows 10 Creators Update - Game Mode, Tips & Fixes As some of you might be aware, Microsoft recently pushed a new update to the WIndows 10 operating system. This update 'enhanced' the Windows 10 user experience, yet also notably ruined many other aspects of it. After some browsing, I found these solutions mentioned. The first step to prevent issues, errors, and crashes is to make sure your drivers are up to date. Also be sure to check the settings of your graphics drivers, and verify that display scaling has not been changed from your usual setup. One major addition in the Creators Update is that Game Mode has been released and might have been (automatically) enabled, often negatively affecting game performance. To disable Game Mode in Windows 10, do the following: Open Settings and go to Gaming -> Game mode. Turn off the option 'Use Game Mode'.In the Gaming section of your Settings there are more options to disable that might affect performance, such as the DVR and the game bar. The game bar seems to be the cause of crashing of full screen game windows. Another solution I found online is that some games have 'Fullscreen Optimization' turned on. To disable this do the following: Right click the Overwatch.exe file -> Properties -> Disable Fullscreen OptimizationSome of these options can be quite hardy, and perhaps also need to be changed within the XBOX application found in Windows 10. If anyone has found any other fixes for issues caused by the update, do share!Ydara9 4h
4h Certain Weapon Animations Feel Laggy I've noticed that some weapon animations seem to be stuck at what feels like 60 fps while the rest of game runs at 144. Some of the animations that have this are: * Reaper's left click * Widow's scoping and unscoping * The string pull back on Hanzo's bow * Picking up scrap on Torbjorn * Symmetra's weapon spin This obviously isn't game breaking, but I was wondering if anyone else was experiencing this.Shaw0 4h
4h PS4 Pro Lag/Input Delay I've just switched from PS4 to PS4 Pro and noticing a lot more lag. I can't tell if it's the game or the input delay on the controller but it definitely doesn't feel as smooth. I've tried other games and it feels fine, so it's specifically linked to OW. My connection is the same as before and I'm getting the same D/U speeds, not sure what's going on. The only things that we changed are the console, controller and going from 1080p to '4k’.Joshyoungman1 4h
4h Overwatch eats my CPU, boots me out of menus. Okay for starters, I know I don't have the best PC. My PC was built for music production, but doubles as my gaming computer. However, I've been playing OW for a long time, and now it's acting unreasonably broken. I re-installed my game (because I was having this issue) and hit play. The game opens, begins to start up the menu, freezes for a while, and then boots me out saying I've "Lost connection to the server". (With a false login screen, asking for my username and password, but does not allow me to re-connect) I am unable to access the menus to turn down my render scale (I typically play at 50%) due to how short the menu lasts before it freezes. Even when I boot with no other programs running, overwatch uses up 100% of my CPU, then boots me out. As I said before, my specs are not the best, but I've been playing for almost a year with no issues like this before. I first encountered this issue randomly. There was no update, my game just started doing this CPU: Intel core i3-4160@3.6 GHz (not the best, worked fine before)KrisRuleZ0 4h
4h Rendering device lost even after downgrading drivers :Amd It says it all I asked previously about it and I tried EVERYTHING and nothing works and don't link me to that crash post I've seen it to many times.Ineedhealing0 4h
5h MAJOR SERVER CRASH IN SOUTH AMERICA I'm posting this here for 2 reasons: 1) So you can be aware of what's going on and 2) So maybe Blizzard will pay more attention to this issue So here's what's been going on: For the last 4 days (it started on thursday) the servers in South America (mainly Argentina and Brazil) are crashing BAD. People are getting disconnected from competitive play all the time and getting penalized for that. I've lost over 500sr in penalties for "leaving" my matches and I am now on a 8 hour ban for the same reason. Some people who insisted on keep playing even got banned for the whole season. I've lost over 20 matches in 4 days because either me or half my team got disconnected. I dropped from 1900sr to 1400sr in 4 days. Blizzard in South America has already stated that the issue is not in their servers but on each individual's internet connection, which is a complete Bullsh*it. I bought this game to have fun but with all the trolls, toxicity and now this, it has became a nightmare. Will I get disconnected? Will I get a troll on my team? Blizzard please do something!QueenMary1 5h
6h Constant disconnects on second round - PC I enter OW, play one game then when comes the second, be it because of a map "flip" (attack becomes defense, ect) or a new game found, about 3 minutes in the game I get "Disconnected from Game Server". Prior to the sudden disconnection I have perfect ping, no lag, my internet connection is still up, it didn't suffer a sudden lapse, I'm sure it's something on Blizz's end. This started happening about one or two weeks ago. I'm the last person to login to a forum and complain, but it has been unbearable. Yes, I have tried doing the steps in "Overwatch disconnection problems/Latency problems". Edit: Lol, and now my OW has a warning "Repeatedly leaving matches early will result in a penalty. http://prntscr.com/hc2e6pphlfm9 6h
6h Lost Connection To Game Server I have been playing Overwatch for about a year or so now, and until recently a problem started to occur. Whenever I launch Overwatch, it will put me to the main menu, freeze, and then give me the Lost connection to game server error. It has done this every time I launch the game without fail so far. It is not my Battle Net, or my internet because I can run Hearthstone without flaw, and same with Diablo III, it only ever happens with Overwatch. I have seen posts on this before, and would like to know if anyone has found a solution, or know if and when this problem will be fixed. It causes players to not be able to play the game. I'm not sure why this has not been fixed yet.AChicken0 6h
8h Troubleshooting Hello. Have downloaded DirectX from my official AMD Radeon website and could not load the game (Overwatch) with note about sending you: 280A4822-6697-4FB4-9C05-0B13562CA8A2DownloadHex0 8h
9h Rendering Device Lost only in competitive Ive had this issue since august, and so far none of the diagnostics suggested by Blizzard have worked. but ever since the Moira patch this issue occurs ONLY in competitive play. Ive played a ton of games in QP since this patch without issue, but I get this issue in nearly every comp game I play. Can anyone explain how this could be the drivers causing it if it only occurs in one particular game mode?lizardking4 9h
11h Your rendering device has been lost, GTX1070 Hello, i have that problam on my Nvidia GTX1070 Soo the game just hangs, the only way that I can do, ALT+F4 and reopen it! Sometimes shows a window of error, no hardware renderer found, but more often than not! I wrote my problem on the Russian forum where I was not helped in any way! I reinstalled the video card driver, did a clean install. it did not help, today this problem has arisen 2 times! how do I play in the competitive mode? faced this problem before but over the last couple of days I lost too many points that I was very upset, I try and I want to raise the rating but I can not! only because the game does not work correctly! Besides the fact that I get a bad team and still try to get up, I lose points just like that! I need your help, because in the Russian forum just do not want to help me! the only advice with reinstalling the driver, does not work!SuperMan2 11h
11h -50SR + BAN | Your rendering device has been lost. I was in the last 10 seconds of a game, we just had to finish pushing the payload on Numbani to the end and my screen turned black, a message poped up, saying:"Your rendering device has been lost.". I tried to restart the game as quick as possible but the game was already over of course and I lost -50SR + a 10 min suspension from competitive play. I'm running a GeForce GTX 1070 and an Intel Core i7Thunder3 11h
11h High ping in game For over a week now I have been having problems with my ping. Usually my ping is around 50-60 and now it has been 90 - 150. I have tried reseting my network devices, releasing and renewing ip and flushing my dns. I am not using wireless connection and my drivers are up to date. Closing background applications is not helping. What can i do next? Thanks in advance.Teacup12 11h
12h I found the solution to AMD Graphics Cards Hi there, I checked many versions of AMD drivers ( from 17.11.1 to 17.7.2 ) and all of them make my overwatch crash. So i tried once again and i installed 17.7.1 verision and this solved my problem. So Follow step by step: Downloading AMD drivers 17.7.1 version. 1.Go to ... 2.In window Manually Select your Driver select your card specifications and your operating system version and click Display Results. 3.Then look on the right where the Helpful Links section is and click on the Download Previous Drivers & Software. 4.Download driver Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.1 Optional but dont install it ! You must uninstall all your drivers from computer using DDU tools 1.Download Display Driver Uninstaller from ... (click on "Official Download Here") and save this file on desktop. 2.Run the DDU (Version).exe , files extract to desktop. 3.Then click on start ( or press windows button and R on keyboard at the same time) and type msconfig and press enter. 4.Go to Boot section and only select Safe Boot (dont worry it's not dangerous). 5.Apply changes , press OK and restart your computer. 6.After restarting computer will load only the most important windows processes. 7.Then run Display Driver Uninstaller 8.Click on Clean and Restart. 9.After this install dowloaded driver 17.7.1. So like I said i haven't seen this problem since 2 weeks. I am playing about 2-4 hours daily . I hope i helped you guys. If you have any questions feel free to ask me :)NeQs19 12h
12h Unreasonable high CPU usage So this is a problem I have had across the closed and open beta, and that I'm still having after launch. It has persisted through several reinstalls of the game and a complete reformat of my computer. Whenever I'm in a game, my CPU usage constantly skyrockets to over 90% and bottlenecks my fps. I have a 144Hz display and a computer that I would think should be more than good enough to run the game at a stable 144 fps, but that is not the case. It is not my GPU that is causing the bottleneck, since it rarely ever reaches more than 70% usage. The weird thing is that during skirmishes and while waiting for players to connect, my CPU is running at a much lower percentage (closer to 50%) and my fps is a constant 144 (or 150 or whatever the cap is when using 144Hz). But then the second an actual game starts, my CPU usage skyrockets and bottlenecks my system again. I have tried messing around with different graphics settings, which does not really seem to affect my CPU usage at all. I have also tried closing just about every single program on my computer, which also does not help. The fact that this only seems to be a problem during actual games and not things like skirmishes and in training mode leads me to think that this has to be some sort of bug/optimization issue. My specs are: i5-3570K@4.3GHz, GTX 980 Ti, 16GB DDR3 RAM.Myllarguten119 12h
13h High Ping Yesterday I got put on a server where i had 100ms, and everything was lagging all the time. This was even more frustrating because it was competitive. Today someone with a really bad ping got put on my team and we lost because of it. I am wondering if this is a recurring error. My zone is put on Europe and I normally play with about 15ms. Kind regardsMaxeh199 13h
13h Suddenly no sound in-game I have to alt tab and switch device from my default one and then back to get the sound back.SonGohanCZ0 13h
14h can't update the game i havnt been able to play the game for the past mouth do to that i cant update the gameSali1 14h
14h your rendering device has been lost Hi! My game freezes and immidietly crashes. The error message i get is "your rendering device has been lost". This only seems to happen in competetive. Appriciate all suggestions and solutions ^^Jackhammer12 14h
15h About this Inactivity issue when creating custom games Hey guys, well I've been playing alot of custom games with friends and family members, some of them totally new to these type of games. When you are new to games it takes time to learn and cope with the game. I love creating custom games and playing by your own rules and setting up your own settings to come up with amazingly funny game modes. Thank you Blizzard for that! But to the issue; sometimes when in custom game it says you will be kicked out because of inactivity. Usually you only need to move an inch and it stops. BUT sometimes it doesn't go away. It's extremely annoying when for instance my father and uncle tries to play against each other and when they go around looking for each other sometimes gets kicked out due to this "inactivity" thing. Very annoying thing actually. Could you please tell me why it works like that? Could we just enjoy a game even though it sometimes takes time for one to find one another? Thank you for your time!Naff5ig0 15h
15h Screen just goes black with hud and sound still working. 1/3rd of the screen fills with black boxes then everything goes black when i enter a game.Hud is still working sound too i can still move but its unplayable.My GPU is gtx 950 OS Win10GabrielRo963 15h
16h problem good day i have a problem with overwatch playing when i play so we chop it a little not with the internet nor with the performance please help thank youGMSADAM1 16h
16h Connection problem Every time i play a quick play (today and yesterday happened) it´s all ok, the ping and the fps but then the game starts crashing (no fps, ping) and disconnect me from Overwatch servers. Now i have the red title that says "Don´t quit more games or...". Please Help me.FrezH1 16h
17h "Post-Moira" Lattency - Multiple Server Test - With Graphs Intro: I'm a very visual person, so I found out about PingPlotter, that kindly offers a couple weeks of free trial version, so after me and so many others have posted so many WinMRT logs, I decided I wanted more. A big advantage of PingPlotter is that it not only will show you issues in graphic form, but also allows you to do it at several ips at the same time, making it easier to check for inconsistencies. So I did that and found some, maybe, interesting stuff that the networking team might have a use for. Where: I'm from Portugal and I'm using MEO ISP. The test times can be seen in the images (Time is GMT). What I did: I used 3 game server IPs, taken from the networking info ingame, and ran them all at the same time (+/- 1 sec). I ran two servers that I knew I had issues with before and one that I wasn't sure. Ran the tests for 10 minutes. Since my previous tests were showing issues on a certain point (the 185.60.x.x range) I've highlighted that specific IP. Also note that the 2nd and 3rd paths show HUGE packet loss, but my isp tells me that those are normal ICMP drops by policy (I have no idea but hey... that's what they told me. Also they've always been there and I never had an issue before the patch) The Tests: The 3 server IPs I used were the following: 1 - 5.42.171.168 2 - 5.42.175.112 3 - 5.42.171.189 And here are the graphs and values for them: 1 - https://imgur.com/xmdnRtB 2 - https://imgur.com/6B2bVJs 3 - https://imgur.com/FnzNtVW What I think I'm seeing: Well, I might have been wrong when I said the issue must be on the 185.60.x.x range. Although that's where the issues are shown, those issues are only present when connecting to the 5.42.171.xxx servers. No, I have no clue about the complexities of gaming servers networking (and networking in general lol) but this does not seem to be a coincidence. Just to check it, can maybe people doing WinMTR tests check the IPs of the target server on tests that showed issues? Maybe there's a correlation there.Ahkronn0 17h
17h Overwatch crashes on launch Overwatch crashes everytime after pressing play, it covers the whole screen black and then pops up with the window where it sends the error code to blizzard. That has been happening for longer than 2 weeks now.g00s332 17h
17h Game server Connection Failed...:( Game server Connection Failed...:( First timer on OVerwatch.. Done all the errorfinding on network and all... But the game won´t connect..! Cant find any explanations on website and forums... Is this a common error, or just a coinsidence...?! Cant seem to find the Server Info or sim..?OmmiZZ0 17h
17h [FIX] AMD 17.11.1 + ReLive hi, As i talk here : https://eu.battle.net/forums/fr/overwatch/topic/17617016214#post-4 I have upgrade on last version and i have enable Relive. Now i can play without crash ( RX 480 CrossFire)Aranud14 17h
18h Game of the year on old edition Hello Blizzard! I have a question. I tried installing Overwatch on my new pc, but i already used the activation key. If i buy the game of the year edition, if i use the activation key will i get that bonus or i must install the game from the new cd?SemPai1 18h
22h New update broken my game?! I am constantly trying to install the latest patch for Overwatch but it just refuses to work. Before I was getting an error about how it couldn't get a file it needed. I tried everything to fix it... everything on the website and everything I could think of myself but it wouldn't work. I randomly try again today and now I am getting a different error: "Something went wrong with a file..." which again I can't fix. I tried everything just like with the last error but there seems to be no fix to this. Please help me, I really want to play this new update...Weeb1 22h
23h Red Banner on comp ‪please explain to me how am I supposed to see how many people are contesting the point when there’s a massive red bar across my screen telling me that a teammate has left 30 seconds right before we were about to win ‬MightyElf1 23h
23h A 64-bit operating system install error? I've been trying to install Overwatch to play during the free weekend and I'm not able to install it despite having a 64 bit operating system. I saw this was a common problem a few months ago for people on forums and have tried changing the compatibility for the 2 launchers and Agent but it still doesn't work. All of my specs meet the minimum requirements apart from my processor, but I've seen multiple videos and forum posts of people with my processor and worse running the game: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745144544 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cz4Q1srpHbc https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CUaBpUx02wo Any help would be much appreciatedbezzin5 23h
23h New Patch Messing With Download D: So i have been trying to update my game and i keep getting this error code -BLZBNTAGT00000BB8. I have clicked the link that it goes to and have tried all the Fixes it recommends and still my game will not install the update, At the moment i have reinstalled the blizzard app and now reinstalling Overwatch but i have a feeling its not going to work. Someone please help me!!! D:DrunkScotMan3 23h
23h Rendering error in menu. Limited hero option in game Heroes and scenery not displayed during menu selection. Loot boxes not displayed nor any of the loot. Only playable heroes are soldier and tracer (as if we need any more of that) during quickplay. Recently upgraded to PS4 Pro, transferred all data and trophies from old console. I am regifting hard game copy and old console to a friend so I purchased a digital copy of overwatch before deleting the previous app. When I tried to open app after downloading I was prompted to insert disc, so at that point I deleted the file and redownloaded from PSN library. Now this. Please Blizzard, tell me I don’t have to become a Tracer / 76 main!! zomBHaze2 23h
23h G-toggle open mic doesnt work G- keyboard button for toggle open mic, is not working properly, after some time i used turned off mic while playing i couldnt swap to open mic, and after finish match, the next match there was no problemBilbil1 23h
23h Latency problems after Moira update I installed the Moira update from last week. After that, I am experiencing huge ping spikes. Normally I have a png of 5ms but now I have many ping spike to 300-400ms and sometimes 1500ms. Its only on my pc. My girlsfriend is not experiencing any latency problems at all. TRACEROUTE: traceroute to 80.100.157.250 (80.100.157.250), 15 hops max, 60 byte packets 1 10.59.100.12 (10.59.100.12) 0.655 ms 0.633 ms 0.611 ms 2 37.244.25.131 (37.244.25.131) 1.261 ms 1.271 ms 1.271 ms 3 Blizzard (Blizzard) 2.981 ms 2.993 ms 2.993 ms 4 137.221.66.34 (137.221.66.34) 1.333 ms 1.343 ms 1.383 ms 5 137.221.77.66 (137.221.77.66) 1.249 ms 1.247 ms 1.246 ms 6 137.221.65.36 (137.221.65.36) 11.149 ms 11.067 ms 11.092 ms 7 37.244.10.32 (37.244.10.32) 11.294 ms 11.224 ms 11.230 ms 8 * * * 9 0.ae4.xr4.1d12.xs4all.net (194.109.5.9) 14.195 ms 14.150 ms 14.190 ms 10 0.ae0.dr16.d12.xs4all.net (194.109.7.142) 14.351 ms 14.368 ms 14.376 ms 11 80-100-157-250.ip.xs4all.nl (80.100.157.250) 18.147 ms 18.072 ms 18.130 ms 18/11/2017 14:08:37 UTC -------------------- PING: PING 80.100.157.250 (80.100.157.250) 56(84) bytes of data. 64 bytes from 80.100.157.250: icmp_seq=2 ttl=51 time=18.2 ms 64 bytes from 80.100.157.250: icmp_seq=3 ttl=51 time=18.1 ms 64 bytes from 80.100.157.250: icmp_seq=4 ttl=51 time=18.0 ms --- 80.100.157.250 ping statistics --- 4 packets transmitted, 3 received, 25% packet loss, time 2998ms rtt min/avg/max/mdev = 18.092/18.172/18.274/0.133 ms 18/11/2017 14:08:37 UTC -------------------- PING: PING 80.100.157.250 (80.100.157.250) 56(84) bytes of data. --- 80.100.157.250 ping statistics --- 4 packets transmitted, 0 received, 100% packet loss, time 3004ms 18/11/2017 14:08:37 UTC -------------------- TRACEROUTE: traceroute to 80.100.157.250 (80.100.157.250), 15 hops max, 60 byte packets 1 10.58.68.176 (10.58.68.176) 0.286 ms 0.300 ms 0.300 ms 2 * * * 3 Blizzard (Blizzard) 1.437 ms 1.497 ms 3.048 ms 4 37.244.10.102 (37.244.10.102) 1.084 ms 1.103 ms 1.108 ms 5 37.244.10.34 (37.244.10.34) 1.098 ms 1.146 ms 1.181 ms 6 ams-ix.tc2.xs4all.net (80.249.208.166) 1.078 ms 1.253 ms 1.251 ms 7 0.ae5.xr3.3d12.xs4all.net (194.109.5.13) 1.546 ms 1.553 ms 1.552 ms 8 0.ae1.dr16.d12.xs4all.net (194.109.7.138) 1.753 ms 1.762 ms 1.780 ms 9 * * * 10 * * * 11 * * * 12 * * * 13 * * * 14 * * * 15 * * * 18/11/2017 14:08:37 UTC -------------------- MTR: Start: Sat Nov 18 14:08:37 2017 HOST: Blizzard Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev 1.|-- 10.59.100.12 0.0% 10 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.4 0.0 2.|-- 37.244.25.131 0.0% 10 0.6 0.9 0.5 1.9 0.3 3.|-- Blizzard 0.0% 10 1.7 1.6 1.3 2.2 0.0 4.|-- 137.221.66.34 0.0% 10 1.0 1.1 0.8 1.7 0.0 5.|-- 137.221.77.66 0.0% 10 0.9 1.1 0.8 2.0 0.0 6.|-- 137.221.65.36 0.0% 10 11.0 11.0 10.9 11.2 0.0 7.|-- 37.244.10.32 0.0% 10 11.1 11.2 11.1 11.3 0.0 8.|-- ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 9.|-- 0.ae4.xr4.1d12.xs4all.net 0.0% 10 13.8 15.0 13.8 19.8 1.7 10.|-- 0.ae0.dr16.d12.xs4all.net 0.0% 10 14.3 14.3 14.1 14.6 0.0 11.|-- 80-100-157-250.ip.xs4all.nl 30.0% 10 18.1 18.3 18.1 18.8 0.0 18/11/2017 14:08:37 UTC -------------------- MTR: Start: Sat Nov 18 14:08:37 2017 HOST: Blizzard Loss% Snt Last Avg Best Wrst StDev 1.|-- 10.58.68.176 0.0% 10 0.2 0.3 0.2 0.8 0.0 2.|-- 37.244.24.2 20.0% 10 0.5 130.4 0.4 524.9 219.6 3.|-- Blizzard 0.0% 10 1.4 1.4 1.3 1.6 0.0 4.|-- 37.244.10.102 0.0% 10 1.0 1.0 0.8 1.5 0.0 5.|-- 37.244.10.34 0.0% 10 0.8 1.0 0.8 1.3 0.0 6.|-- ams-ix.tc2.xs4all.net 0.0% 10 1.5 1.2 1.0 1.7 0.0 7.|-- 0.ae5.xr3.3d12.xs4all.net 0.0% 10 1.4 1.4 1.2 1.7 0.0 8.|-- 0.ae1.dr16.d12.xs4all.net 0.0% 10 1.6 1.5 1.4 1.8 0.0 9.|-- ??? 100.0 10 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 0.0 18/11/2017 14:08:37 UTC --------------------Framedropz1 23h
1d PC CRASHES WHILE PLAYING OVERWATCH pc crashes while playing overwatch not overheating and no failing hardware parts. not sure how but i am willing to add msinfo and dxdiag files if that would help with trouble shootingKingOmega347 1d
1d Grayed out friend request. Cannot send requests. I cannot send friend requests for some reason. This isn't even a matter of the other person being in the same region, I simply cannot press the send request function.BearlyBagins4 1d
1d overwatch not detecting the better graphic card i have intel 4000 and amd radeon 7600 cards, when i go into the game's options menu it doesnt detect the 7600 only the intel 4000. steps i've already taken: - updating windows - disabling the intel 4000 from device manager - updating 7600 driver to the latest version - using the catalyst to put the game on "high performance" none have worked... i even considered buying a new video card, im just not sure it will solve the problem. any suggestions will be appreciated!adikey33 1d
1d Encountering General Error 0xE0010160. Encountering General Error 0xE0010160. Still haven't found a solution for this problem, and from what I've read on different posts, it seem that the culprit was/is a Windows 10 Update. I did mine just before heading to bed last night, and now when I try to run the game, I encounter the error. Would love to get a BluePost on this one. Best Regards, HentaiGuy.HentaiGuy23 1d
1d R9 270X 2GB Toxic - Your rendering device has been lost. Aloha, after more than 100 Levels on PS4 I finally got a new PC and now I can't play for more than ~15 Min.... !!! -_- PLEASE BLIZZARD HELP YOUR CUSTOMERS AND DON'T !@#$ US OVER WITH "CLOSE BACKGROUND PROCESSES" AND SUCH... Also UNDERCLOCKING MY GPU IS NO SOLUTION AT ALL!!! How can you be so ignorant? This is freaking crazy! Yeah everybody bought our game, let's have a freaking party and %^-* them over WITH A BUG THAT'S PRESENT SINCE THE BETA!!! How could you treat us like this? This is so freaking ridiculous! ONLY OVERWATCH CRASHES, WHY SHOULD I UNDERCLOCK MY GPU? REINSTALL AMD DRIVERS? OR FREAKIN' DISABLE MY FIREWALL? DA FOK?! I REALLY AM PISSED ABOUT THIS! I WAS SO SO SOOOOOOOO STOKED TO PLAY OVERWATCH ON PC BUT THIS IS A FREAKING MESS!!! SADLY YOU MONEYGRABBINGPPL ARE NOT GIVING A FOKKEN SHIAT ABOUT THIS ISSUE!!! A FREAKIN !@#$STORM IS WHAT YOU DESERVE BUT MOST PPL JUST THROW MONEY AT YOU FOR BEING "THE COMMUNITY FRIENDLY BLIZZ WHICH LISTENS TO THEIR CUSTOMERS"... I would love to speak to the devs in person, this is so hilarious and I really don't give a fok about anybody who is going to tell me not to whine or to buy a new PC or some stoopid advice. BLIZZARD FIX YOUR GAME, THIS SHOULD BE ADVERTISED SO NOBODY GETS SCAMMED BY YOU!!! AND THE SADDEST PART IS THAT THIS BOARD, REDDIT ETC. ARE FULL OF PPL DESPERATELY TRYING TO PLAY WHAT THEY'VE PAID FOR BUT YOU DON'T FOKKEN CARE. HAVE FUN WITH CAPS you crazy bunch of hypocrits (I'm really angry that I bought into your scam).Apfelkuch3n9 1d