Technical Support

27 May 2016 CPU/GPU Utilization and Overheating Guidelines Overwatch is a heavily threaded game with fairly complex rendering features. It will use as much of your computer’s CPU and GPU resources as you allow. If your CPU or GPU is not sufficiently cooled to handle running at the options selected in the game (along with any other applications that are running), the CPU/GPU might downgrade its performance while it is overheated. This problem can be exacerbated by overclocking of the CPU/GPU. In the worst cases it can cause your PC to automatically shut down. So if you find yourself in this situation what can you do? The first recommendation is to ensure that you have cleaned out the interior of your computer and all exhaust fans and heat sinks. This will allow your system to cool more efficiently. Secondly you can try shutting down any other applications that are running. These applications can contribute to overall CPU/GPU utilization and introducing overheating. If that does not address your concerns you should ensure that you have enabled LIMIT FPS and VSYNC in the video options. If you set both of these options to OFF you are instructing Overwatch to use as much of the CPU/GPU as it can. This will almost always result in either 100% utilization of the CPU (if your system is CPU limited) or 100% utilization of the GPU (if GPU limited). Setting LIMIT FPS to DISPLAY-BASED will limit the FPS to slightly above the refresh rate of your monitor (60 FPS for most, though some monitors refresh at higher rates). Setting VSYNC to ON will ensure you see no tearing when the screen is refreshed. In some cases, such as older laptops or systems generally prone to running hot, setting the LIMIT FPS to 30FPS might be advisable. If the GPU and CPU in your system are capable of preparing frames faster than the refresh rate then they will have an opportunity to idle during a portion of the frame (and cool down). This should resolve any concern with heavy utilization and/or overheating.Hagut0 27 May 2016
17 Sep Crashes? Performance Issues? Read this! The future is now. Are you with us? We'll be using this thread to track known system and performance issues throughout launch. If you're encountering some problems check out the list below and give the steps a try before you create a new topic. Don't forget, the more bug-related issues can be found in the Bug Report Forum's Known Issues List. Crashes Crash - Intel Drivers, Laptops with Switchable Graphics Crash - I click Play, but Nothing Happens! Crash - Overclocked Memory Crash - No Compatible Graphics Hardware Was Found Crash - Mei's Left Click Causes a Crash In-Game and in Kill Cams Crash - D3DGear Causes Overwatch to Crash Crash - Unknown Error! Crash - Rendering Device Lost Performance Issues Performance - TV Displays Cutting Off Borders Performance - Running Slow While Multitasking (6-core CPUs or lower) Performance - Long Load Times, High Latency (Proxy/VPN/Network Optimizer) Performance - I Only Hear Sound Out of One Headphone Performance - Black Screen with only HUD Visible Performance - Troubleshooting Low Frame RatesTiogaradh19 17 Sep
02 Jul 2016 Console Connection Troubleshooting Hey folks, This thread will highlight the usual troubleshooting steps that you will want to try when experiencing connection issues on your Xbox One or PS4 console. 1. Completely close out the Overwatch application and restart it to see if the issue went away. Here's how to do that: ... ... 2. Run your console's built-in connection test (PlayStation 4) (Xbox One). 3. Shut down your console and reset the network devices. 4. If you're using a wireless connection, switch to a wired connection and try the game again. If the issue went away, there could be some signal interfering with the wireless connection that is making it unstable. 5. If your connection uses a modem and a router that are separate devices, bypass the router so that you are connected directly to the modem. If the issue persists, the issue could be that the router is not working as intended or is configured incorrectly. 6. If the above steps have not resolved the issue, we recommend following your console specific steps for PortForwarding your specific router. To do that, go to Portforward.com > Select your router's brand from the list > Select your router's model number > Select Overwatch for the console in question > Follow the steps provided ...Tiogaradh0 02 Jul 2016
01 Jun 2016 Limited aspect ratios in Overwatch Many of you have inquired about the lack of certain aspect ratios being supported in Overwatch. The developers have provided the reasoning behind their decision on what to support in the game below. ‘By keeping the aspect ratio fairly limited we were able to allow the artists (primarily UI and animators of first person geometry, but also environment artists) to focus on creating the best experience for the vast majority of the player base. Beyond just framing preferences, currently there is also a lot of stuff that happens just off the edge of the screen which was not intended to be visible. Taking all of these into account, we decided to limit our aspect ratio to provide a better overall experience that represents the quality bar we would like for the game. However, we are continuing to examine the implications of loosening this limit for a future patch.’Xulkayci0 01 Jun 2016
26 May 2016 Known and Common Issues ... Breaking Issues I am experiencing unnaturally high amounts of latency... This can be caused for a number of different reasons, some of which have already been documented on the Tech Support Forum. Please be sure to read the stickied posts in the Tech Support Forum for possible workarounds and follow the troubleshooting steps here. If none of the proposed solutions work for you, create a new thread and and copy there the results of your traceroute and pathping tests. All tests must be performed during a problematic moment or immediately after a disconnection! When I start a match sometimes people and weapons are invisible. It is possible for a player to load into the game before some assets have been fully loaded.. Upon trying to connect to a match, I get stuck loading for a long period of time and I am sent back the the lobby before I get in to the match... Substantially slow load times can prevent you from successfully entering a game. Try closing back ground applications, ensuring that your anti-virus software is up-to-date, and that there are no issues with your hard drive. If the problem persists, start a new thread on the Tech Support forum. I placed in the Top 500 but didn't get my rewards... External sites which display Overwatch statistics like seasonal rankings may incorrectly show players in the Top 500 who did not actually make it. Additionally there was a bug earlier in the season which could cause the Top 500 icon to show on player portraits when that player did not actually make the Top 500. I registered my key but get "No Overwatch License found" The physical box contains two keys: the game license key itself and the a key for the Widowmaker Noire skin. Please make sure that you have registered the game key and that you are logged in to the correct Blizzard account. Bugs We keep a list of known active issues at the top of the Overwatch Bug Report Forum.If you encounter a bug which is not currently listed please report it on the Bug Report Forum making sure to follow the Bug Report Forum Guidelines. Note: The Bug Report Forums require a US account in order to post. To create this, log into The Americas game region once, you should then be able to post on this forum normally. For information on changing your game region, please see the Global Play FAQ. Common Issues & Workarounds For advice on the most common type of issues please click on the support category: Account & Security (Hacked/Can't login/Authenticator etc.) Installation & Patching (Stuck/Slow downloads/BLZXXXXX errors etc.) Connection & Latency (Lag/Disconnections/Unable to Connect etc.) Performance & Stability (Crashes/Low FPS etc.) If your issues persist after trying all of the troubleshooting steps in the relevant article, please create a new thread describing your issue in as much detail as possible, include any error messages you are receiving as well as what trouble shooting steps you have taken to try resolve the issue.Hagut0 26 May 2016
23 May 2016 Welcome to the Technical Support Forum! Welcome to the Technical Support forum! This forum provides players with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and official Blizzard representatives. While this forum is NOT intended to replace our support contact channels, players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, and participate in on-going discussions here. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with courtesy and respect. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct. Our MVPs are also here to help: Ananda Cazzéh Celiby Danellos DeanX Nyshae Omachi Oussebon Saneko ShammozHagut2 23 May 2016
8m Doomfist not in hero gallery or when you are choosing hero?! When i play overwatch everything is fine, but there is one problem: Doomfist is completely gone. its not there. Its litteraly all i can say. idk what else. please helpIDiotickid061 8m
37m Disconnected Errors - Now I'm banned So I've been playing Competitive for a good 3 hours, lost pretty much every match due to randoms who don't know how to play the game. As soon as I get paired up with a good team, my character would stop moving and keep warping back to the same area as if Zarya put her ULT there. I get disconnected with a message saying "Lost connection to the game server." This happened 3 times back to back and now I'm banned from Competitive. How is this even fair? I thought Blizzard had a fail-safe if the servers go down the drain. I wasn't the only one getting disconnected, when I had the opportunity to rejoin. The others got disconnected as well but the other team still had all 6 players active. Also I should add I went from rank 61 down to 50 just off of disconnections.Adreno6 37m
1h Random DC - high package loss Hello! I experience 0,7-6% or even more pacage loss in game and sometimes got disconnect. Althouh the game stabel, stand around 59 ms, just 1-2 times spot a lag. This all on EU I'm from hungary, about my ISP : 89.134.20.1XX IP (if need the last digit I can send it in private) ASN: 6830 ISP: UPC Magyarorszag Kft. Organization: Monor Telefon Tarsasag Rt Services: None detected Type: Broadband Assignment: Static IP I did almost all guide to solve the problem: - DISCONNECTION AND LATENCY ISSUES IN BLIZZARD GAMES - CONFIGURING ROUTER AND FIREWALL PORTS - IP RELEASE, RENEW, AND FLUSH DNS (To make it clear, i turnd off the whole windows deffender, even the firewall :D, I did the portforward thing, and repair the system32/drivers/etc/hosts file and so on) I'm not sure about the server IP (5.42.170.59), but the netgraf and the reason of IP = https://image.prntscr.com/image/44c099ec6bcd493e8c81b58a90958874.png Trace T... The Blizzard Glass look or what. ... And for bonus, here is an error log ... And finally, i changed to Americans my ping increased up to 174 BUT experience maximum 0,4% loss and only few times. So i assume somehow my connection doesn't like the europe server, but the +100ms not a good trade to. Please give me some assistance. P.S: I love u Blizz :)Yoshiyuki10 1h
2h Continuously changing Push-To-Talk button Lately, I've been experiencing an annoying issue where the button to push to talk is always changing. It is only set to mouse 5. However, each round I constantly need to check if tilde (`/~), LALT, or mouse 5 is the button to activate my mic so my team can hear me. Tilde was the default. LALT was a change I did to the PTT button a while back before changing it to mouse 5. Now my ptt button varies randomly between the three.NerdyMonkey1 2h
2h High Ping Yesterday I got put on a server where i had 100ms, and everything was lagging all the time. This was even more frustrating because it was competitive. Today someone with a really bad ping got put on my team and we lost because of it. I am wondering if this is a recurring error. My zone is put on Europe and I normally play with about 15ms. Kind regardsMaxeh79 2h
3h Key/Mouse Input Unresponsive For skirmish and match I was not able to move in spawn. The game itself was running but neither keyboard nor mouse worked. The only thing that worked was pressing alt-tab and then I was able to close Overwatch from the outside. This has never happened before - could be a one-off but just thought I'd report it anyway.BlueMonday0 3h
5h Game crash Game crashing with 94F6074D-CD5A-4EEF-B5A6-E92C32BBD27C error.Brofresco0 5h
5h Frequent crashes during gameplay I've been having this issue for a couple of months now, several times a day Overwatch crashes during a match requiring a restart, and upon reloading the game it runs at a very low framerate for a few minutes. I've monitored temperatures and nothing is going outrageously high, have completely cleaned up and reinstalled my graphics drivers (along with trying several driver versions), but still get the problem. Sometimes the game just freezes and has to be force closed, other times it crashes with an error message "Overwatch has crashed in the graphics drivers", sometimes it just gives me a blue screen of death. The latest error report reference is: 159EFBF4-BC87-4B6B-A119-077CCDBFA914PastaBiceps6 5h
5h I was kicked from CP. My network is fine. why blizzard? I lost 100 cp in one day. Just fix this problem please.ClownPrince0 5h
6h Mic Intermittently Stops Working I'm playing on PC. Windows 10. Using the Razer Man'O War 7.1 Headset. When i go in game with the headset turned on, i can play a single match where my headset works, after that it stops. I have to close the game and reopen it to get my headset to work. I am not sure how to fix this. Any help would be greatly appreciated.Cryavos0 6h
6h Banned from Competitive for game crashing. I got a ban from competitive for leaving/exiting the game when my game crashed. I would like to know why I don't have a timer saying when my ban has ended, when my game crashed. I was just in a match of comp, playing as Zenyatta experiencing lag because I had steam opened up, so I closed it down and other applications when all of a sudden the crashlog came up saying that it was retrieveing the contact details and the Overwatch application stopped responding. When I opened Overwatch again, I went to re-join competitive and it said that I was suspended or banned from it. So I would like to find out why it happened. Please help, Thank you ^w^ !X5RaPiDZZ0 6h
6h Australian server experiencing high ping dear Blizzard we in Australia are experiencing high ping. not just me but everyone was complaining. is there something wrong with the server? what's going on? sometimes get in American server and we get so much lag and we lose our competitive games. i normally get 20 ping or 19 which is good, but when we get transferred to US server we get 150 ping which is so bad for us Australians and put us in a disadvantage. today our ping is 150 again. i'm suffering i really want to play the game but i'm getting so mad because i'm dying because i am lagging.MonkeyDLuffy3 6h
6h Game Initialization Failed when i try to load over watch Game Initialization Failed appears and then overwatch doesnt load does anybody know what this is and how to fix itCrazyKilla910 6h
7h game crash bug on Ilios Hello. I was playing a competitive match on Ilios well as Lucio. I was healing my team while trying to boop people off of the map and suddenly my game freezed and then crashed. When I turned on the game again I couldn't rejoin the match. If this is a bug I'd like to see it fixed and if it's possible I'd like my SR back. Thanks!Kiflica0 7h
7h [BUG] Joining a match while loading a highlight the following just happened to me: started searching for a competitive match decided to watch an highlight while waiting match found! canceled loading the highlight game sent me back to the main menu yet still in the match to choose the hero and I cannot choose the hero because the main menu is overlaying the hero select screen and there's no way (that I noticed) to get out because the game thought that I was not on a match causing it to not even show a leave match option on the esc menuhad no choice but to leave the game and get suspended for leaving a competitive match though fortunatly I left right at the start so my team most likely was not affected, if it was possible to reset my suspention so that it wouldn't be higher for happening again it would be appreciated! I know that it was my first one but I would prefer to stay clean of these kind of things edit:. oh, and just noticed the lost sr :/faboitas0 7h
8h FPS dropped to 13 Hey guys, something extremely weird happened. I was playing yesterday on 100+ FPS like always, and today I wanted to start comp when it's said my max FPS was 12. I checked on my setting and nothing has changed. I waited for about 4 hours and still the same. When in practice mode, it's raised to 20 top and that's it. I use Epic quality all the time and changed it to high-med and still the same. Any solutions? BTW I have GTX 1060 6GBNerfThis1 8h
9h Linking Account to PC I just moved to PC from my Xbox and I was wondering if there was any way i could transfer my progress to my pc because i have many skins that are not available anymore.SlashAxe51 9h
11h FPS drops after alt-tabbing I usually play with 220 FPS. When I alt+tab and go back into the game i have only 80 FPSVoin0 11h
11h Cant add my friend at battle.net I cant add him to my friend list and he also cant what do we need to do ? Thanks for the helpers! :)NoX9 11h
14h Lost Connection To Game Server I tried running the game after the latest update and it opens up the game but no hero shows up, just a blue background, all the things like Play, Training, etc.. show up but I can't choose them. Then I get disconnected from the server, I tried it on the American server and still didn't work :// Edit: My friend was in game and it said I had been in game for two days.SamiYams55 14h
14h Blizzard refuse to help with connection issues. A major issue with the game is being ignored, and Blizzard refuse to offer help to those affected! People are losing very high ranks, as well as hours upon hours of time. It makes literally no sense to punish someone for something beyond their control in any situation. The person being punished can't learn anything because there wasn't anything different they could have done. In reality, all punishing players like you or me actually does is blame us. Blizzard aren't much better then the people who tell us to kill ourselves because our ping spiked to 1000ms+ because we don't have a choice. There isn't anything you can do to fix it. If there's actually a solution for this problem then Blizzard needs to prove it, otherwise we shouldn't be constantly blamed and punished for being disconnected or getting game breaking latency issues. We don't deserve to be ignored or bullied by Blizzard like this. We deserve actual help and support. But Blizzard doesn't want to waste a single second on us. Blizzard "Support" very rarely respond to threads asking for help with connection issues, beyond linking https://battle.net/support, whether or not you've actually made it clear that they didn't work, Blizzard refuse to even acknowledge there's an actual problem! Therefore we can't be held responsible when we lose connection to a game. You have to understand how frustrating it feels to have nothing you try work. How powerless and little you feel being told that it's your fault. But Blizzard doesn't care anymore, they let us feel upset and small. They barely even try to make things better. We can't let them get away with it anymore, please, spread the word about this blatant robbery. We should be allowed to play our £30+ video game without problems, even if we so happen to run into problems then Blizzard should be there to fix them. It's not fair to simply pass the blame onto us because they can't be bothered to fix their mistakes and help the people they've ruined with this problem.LionsTail3 14h
17h Time out communicating with Blizzard services Hello, Since yesterday(26-04-2017, 11pm CEST) I am having issues connecting to your servers. It started with me getting getting insanely high ping yesterday (1000-3000) and then getting disconnected from the game, without the possibility to rejoin the match (lost 50 sr because of that, there are also a lot of warnings about leaving matches on my screen at the moment). I tried joining quickplay matches a couple of times, still the same issues happened. After reading some forum posts from people experiencing the same kind of issues it seems to be a problem that occurs quite often. I then decided to stop trying for that night and try again the day after (27-04-2017, 12am). I tried to start Overwatch but I can't even boot the game anymore. (It booted once out of 30 tries or something like that, but I got disconnected immediatly after). I get the following error messages: - Sorry, we were unable to log you in. - Time out communicating with Blizzard services - Disconnected I have no issues connecting to battle.net. My connection: I tried 5 GHz and 2.4 GHz Wifi, two speed test apps give me +/- 30Mbs down and up with 5-20ms ping. I don't think my internet connection is the problem. Country: Netherlands ISP: KPN All my hardware drivers are up to date. If needed I can send you the Looking Glass results, the traceroute and the pathping. I hope you can help me with this. - SubutaiSubutaiV3218 17h
20h Ults canceled?! I have had recent matches, where when I have ulted the ult has been canceled. I played Zarya recently, where both my ults where activated, but the ult never happend and I lost all my progression and had too start again with the ult load. This happened twice in one game. Same with Mercy, where I ulted two teammates, but they never go resurected.. Is this only happening too me?Neopio0 20h
21h Sounds too loud I used to play with 3 speakers in a "Music" surround mode that just put all sound to all speakers, thus no real directional surround. I had no issues with game sounds for a while. For some reason lately I have really started to be bugged by the extreme loudness of enemy sounds, particularly getting hit. I'm at my wits end really. I currently have real surround enabled in the sense that the game apparently sends 7.1 or 5.1 to my soundcard or HDMI and thus I get actual surround channels. But sound are so loud that it just drives me insane and constantly causes me to lose focus during the game. It is this loud thu thu thu thu thu whenever I am hit by anything, such as D'va or Soldier or whatever. It just drives me nuts. I can turn the volume down but then I won't hear enough of regular environmental sounds. Am I the only one experiencing this? What am I supposed to do? It makes this game completely unplayable for me. Of course I can still run Audyssey setup for my receiver but I don't think it will make much difference in this sense. Maybe putting the left back speaker at a greater distance will do something but I'm not sure. I am basically being tormented by these extremely loud sounds. I don't know if anything changed in the game in recent months that made it worse. I just want to know if anyone experiences the same. Every time something starts shooting at me I just lose it. I am unable to respond, due to the sound. It is like it has started to hurt my ears...LoverStorm0 21h
22h Game freezes Hi guys. just want to ask did anyone have met performance issues last 2 days? Today i started Overwatch and during big fight the game starts to freeze, as well as the sound. I made some test in custom game and it seems like the game freezes only during big fights. I usually have 50 FPS and the game performed smooth till this time. Any ideas where should i look first?Amonara0 22h
1d Low FPS after Horizon Lunar Colony Update I was getting a terrible 30 FPS before the update, but at least that was playable and its my computer's fault. Now I'm getting 10-20 after the update on every map. I have all my graphics settings on the lowest and have tried every screen resolution. This was happening on the PTR as well, but not on the main game until the update came out. Anyone have a solution?NinjaChicken45 1d
1d The packet loss and ping spikes Yes this yet another "I'm receiving packet loss and ping spikes", but what can you do? Nothing actually. I have booted my modem, I have port forwarded ip addresses, I have put Overwatch as high priority with cpu and internet connection, I close applications while I go play, I close bnet. Still I get packet loss and ping spikes. The fault is not in our systems, but it's something to do with the latest patch. Since few weeks the packet loss disaster has become bigger and there's nothing us as players can even do about it. Some get it and some don't while this leaves those who have the loss in huge disadvantage. When I started to have these issues I followed the blizzard guides for the fix, but nothing. I contacted my internet provider and they updated everything fine and dandy and it works with other things, but overwatch gives packet loss. I like to play dps most of the times, but because the loss the game isn't registering everything right. You shot that guy who was running away with 10hp and seemed like you hit him twice? Nah... I can't even wait for the fix to come out cause competitive decay so I'm left to play with disadvantage. Widowmaker, McCree and Hanzo are pretty much out of the game cause they so heavily focus on accurate shots, but what does accurate have to do with the game when that hs you landed on ana swipes away. Or when you shoot as mccree and widow and you get the "double tap" bug? It could also be that somewhere between bnet servers and ours there some sort of choke going on with the bandwith. But... It's really irritating to try to play a game with 0.8% to 50% packet loss.KarvaRausku32 1d
1d failed to connect to server 2.0 I'm having this issue. My connection is great and it just constantly keeps logging me out and saying cannot connect to the server when map is loading. I can writing or talking into team chat but can't log in. I lost 300 or 350 SR. Please do something!!!!!! Thanks...Mimik0 1d
1d failed to connect to server. So everytime i try to join a game of overwatch this happens i start up the game get into the main menu search for a game and as it is loading into a game it boots me back into the main menu and it says "failed to connect to server" in chat without any error message and it is not my internet because it works good on everything else, it has been doing this since 04.07.16 it also did this a couple of weeks ago but was fixed in a patch, but now its back again i have tried to fix it by following guides and such but nothing seems to work. Is it just me who is having this problem or are there others? and does anyone know how to fix it?Jonathan11 1d
1d Game crashes daily. I've had a lot of crashes the past few months, all unexpected, unable to reproduce, any map, any hero. At first I ignored it but it's getting to a point where I can't play the game anymore without fear of being penalised for leaving the game by the servers or by being reported. I no longer play comp anymore, and rarely play Quick Play either. In most cases it just crashes the client, then a Blizzard Error report dialog box appears. In the most recent it crash today It showed an error "BLZOWCLI00000005" directing to the following page: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/BLZOWCLI00000005 I've followed the advice, and don't have any programs running of that kind. In most cases however the crash doesn't mention this error code; or any other ones. If a member of staff could look into the error with Report ID: 35A0C3AF-6F8C-4433-B0B3-5BB8825E65B7 It would be great to find out what is causing the crashes so the issue can be solved. I will update this post with further Report ID's as I get them in case they provide any other information.JSharpe29 1d
1d Character animations slow, rubber banding My ping is steady at 50, my fps does not drop below 60, but every since the 1.12 update all of the character animations play very slowly (whether it's the POTG or the hero select screen and everything in between). anything that moves in the game (including the floating platforms on Volskaya) has a rubber banding effect. I've tried reinstalling, changing network and graphic settings, I've tried everything any ideas?KobeKenobi0 1d
1d Overwatch Console Lag Issues (Xbox One / Europe) Overwatch Xbox having lag issues when my connection to xbl servers is okay. Only the connection to the overwatch servers are bad. I've also run a looking glass test on my console which is getting 100% packet loss so I don't know what is up with that.Zonkeeh16 1d
1d Latency issues (Asia servers) I'm an English Expat living in China. I know these are the EU forums but the asian forums don't support English. I've been playing from launch but since October have been finding it more and more difficult to play due to latency. Other foreigners in my city are telling me they are having no issues but my latency since October has been creeping up. I used to consistently have around 35-45ms can now expect to play with 200+ms. I love this game but have had to scale back on playing due to this. I even swapped to HoTS but am finding similar issues there. I don't have this issues with other online games though. I've updated, tried VPNS which can boost MS but also cause lag issues themselves. I'm hoping for any advice I can get.Leavian0 1d
1d PS4 LAG JULY Okay, so up until recently my game has been lagging an insane amount, I know my internet is not the problem because nothing else is laggy and horrible. I don't understand why it's being like this, Surely Blizzard should of done something by now to sort the lag situation. I'm so confused.SinfulQueen3 1d
1d 9001th Topic on Performance Issues but whos counting? This isnt the first, second, third or 10th post on this. But anyways, i play overwatch Every Single Day and its one of my fav games so far, but since 07/19/2k17 there are big lag spikes in mid fights and it prevents me to play good or having fun playing. I cant play my main heroes since they require smooth gameplay (Well every hero require smooth gameplay so doesnt metter). So i thought "Maybe only i got this problem, maybe i should check out on the forums." And this is what i found: Tons of topics about the same problem, but Blizzard wont answer... And when they does - "Please check out this site" or things like this even tho Its not our problem, Its yours Blizzard. And i know complaining will not work but please, at least once. Answer those topics and find a solution. I really love Overwatch and it makes me sad that i cant have fun while playing it. Waiting for your help - TCgamesTCgames0 1d
1d Blizzard server connection issues (comp only) I've been playing Overwatch for quite awhile now, i've never had connection issues, uptill now. This week i've been disconnected 4 times. Resulting in me being suspended & losing a total of 200 SR. I have a very stable connection. 5 Ping, Download speed of 61.41MBps, and a upload speed of 32.91MBps. (Tested on www.speedtest.net). Can someone help me with this problem? That would be highly appreciated. Thank you in regards.Meshuggah0 1d
1d LOW FPS SINCE THE UPRISING UPDATE Hi There, yesterday i updated to the newest patch and got a drop of fps from 130-140 i had before with everything on ultra (gtx 1070 gpu) to 70 or less. I have to play with low graphics now. Are you working on some patch or solution already? Anyone else has this huge fps drop? ThanksSouJirO340 1d
1d Bug or Okay ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNGsEc51w_MRule346 1d
1d Problem with instalation I just bought Overwatch. But when i tried to install game problem showed up. It says: A 64-bit operating system is requied to install and play Overwatch. I know for sure that i have 64-bit operating system. I updated my drivers and DirectX. I even tried Can you run it and everything should be ok. Any ideas? http://imgur.com/a/L9YLq http://imgur.com/a/UcZTHDawcak0 1d
1d Refund & Live Support Chat Problems Not sure if this is the right place to ask for help regarding these issues but I figured I'd try. I've requested a refund for my Overwatch order #272002116, I've only played 12 in game minutes & I'm only rank 3, and was told "A manual review is necessary. A representative will respond to your request." However I opened this ticket before verifying my email which it said is needed for Customer Support to be able to contact me. I then attempted to open a Live Chat however in the past 20 minutes it hasn't loaded. I'm not entirely sure what to do.TripleS0 1d
1d Battle.net app won't start! (NEW PROBLEM) My friend and I have been wanting to play Overwatch together. He made a Battle.net account and has downloaded battle.net, but when he tries to start it up, it says that there is a problem with and he should try again. But it just won't start up. He also tried to to download Overwatch, but again Battle.net won't start up. What can he/we do? He has deleted all old downloads, but we're not too sure on what do. He has never had it before. Please help that'd be great. Could it be a bug?Aazz0 1d
1d network initialization field 0xE00F00B0 Hi there, when i try to play overwatch and hit de play button gives me this error 0xE00F00B0, does someone know how to fix it? http://prntscr.com/fyunc3squidwid0 1d
1d Random re-instance right before winning a match Hi, I just wanted to point out a bug I experienced today while playing on Total Mayhem. We were on the Hollywood map on Attack and were about 10m from the final point, (My whole team was on the payload and I assumed the Defense team ragequit because for a good 15-20 seconds no one was contesting the payload) when all of a sudden I got sent to the main menu and the re-instancing due to "lack of players" notification was on the top. I don't believe I got kicked out due to inactivity as I was using Bastion on the Payload and there was no message in the chatbox that said I got kicked out due to inactivity. In my case this isn't really a big deal or anything as I was just playing Total Mayhem for fun. I just wanted to report an issue that may or may not ruin another player's day.r3ddragoon0 1d
1d I am very sorry I am very sorry and I hope I was removed from the ban on the competitive stage please and why the Internet was very bad and he was getting me out of the gameMGR760 1d