Technical Support

11h Nvidia - Rendering Device lost Hello everyone, We are looking to gather more information from Nvidia users. If you are experiencing the error: “Your rendering device has been lost!", we would like your help to collect some data. Please provide the following information to assist our QA and Developers in getting this resolved as fast as possible: Provide your DxDiag in your reply post. Copy and paste the DxDiag into your forum reply, then highlight the text before clicking the Code icon </>. This will make it a lot easier to read. How long do you play before you get the “Your rendering device has been lost! Application closing!”? What character are you using when this happens? What’s happening when this happens? Are you doing a special move, during heavy actions, etc.. Are you able to reproduce this device lost with the same steps? Please provide the steps. Thank you for any input you can provide!Hagut73 11h
11 Jan CROWDS on Twitter - Season VI: Return of the Helpers To strengthen community-backed support for the upcoming World of Warcraft Patch 7.3.5, we're launching another season of our CROWDS initiative! If you have good knowledge of Blizzard games and services, in particular World of Warcraft, and enjoy helping other players ... by all means, keep reading, adventurer! CROWDS is a player-based support initiative that allows volunteers to help their fellow adventurers through Twitter, using an Android-based mobile app tied to our own social media channels. This app allows you to see and respond to tweets that are asking Blizzard for help. You can find more detailed information on CROWDS and how to use the app on our support site article. Regardless of whether you've participated in previous seasons or are considering to try it out for the first time, we're always happy to see more volunteers! Just like in the previous seasons, we've set aside a number of prizes to reward our best contributors. If you manage to outshine most of your fellow participants, you'll be able to choose from the following rewards: Hearthstone: Card Packs (x7) Heroes of the Storm: Loot Chests (x12) Overwatch: Loot Boxes (x11) StarCraft II: Co-op Commanders (pick any 2 and/or share StarCraft II: Announcers (pick any 2 and/or share with a friend) with a friend) NOTE: Please be aware that using protected Tweets may prevent others from viewing your responses, disqualifying you from participation. Be sure to set your Tweets to public in order to remain visible and eligible for potential rewards!Hagut0 11 Jan
04 Oct COMMON CONNECTION AND LATENCY ISSUES Greetings all, We've been working to improve some of the available troubleshooting resources for our games. Since connectivity problems are a common problem in gaming, we wanted to provide some information on what causes connection problems and what to do to resolve issues when you're having them. Table of Contents 1. Connection Troubleshooting Resources 2. FAQs 3. What to do if you need more helpTiogaradh5 04 Oct
10 Sep Crashes on AMD Drivers (UPDATED Dec 12th) Aug 10 (Edited) (Update Dec 12th): AMD released driver 17.12.1 today. Per AMD this new driver should stop the crashing we had been seeing with the older drivers. We do recommend updating the AMD GPU driver to version 17.12.1. Please keep in mind that this will not address all Rendering Device Lost crashes, as only a certain portion of them were due to this driver conflict. Still, we recommend that all AMD users try using the new drivers and let us know if you continue to see issues. NOTE: With driver version 17.12.1 you may see lower performance than with previous driver versions. Workaround post below ---------------------------------- Important: the steps below should not be attempted on Windows 10 Fall Creator's Update (build 16299). Unfortunately the older drivers have been reported to have some compatibility conflicts with the Fall Creator's Update. (17.10.2 was the first driver with Fall Creator's Update support.) This may cause other issues with other programs, or Overwatch itself. If you are on Fall Creator's Update, you'll need to wait for a driver fix or roll back to a previous build of Windows. Hey all, We've received a very large number of reports concerning crashes and hangups of the game client with the most recent patch, and it appears the problem is a conflict with recent builds of AMD drivers. Each of the following builds are affected: 17.7.2 17.8.1 17.8.2 17.9.1 17.9.2 17.9.3 17.10.1 17.10.2 17.10.3 17.11.1 17.11.2 17.11.3 17.11.4 We've contacted AMD and are working with them on the issue, and it's a known issue as of the 17.9.1 through 17.11.4 drivers. The crashes are of several types, from Rendering Device Lost crashes, to Unexpected Error Occurred crashes, and even some Blue Screens of Death. If you are using these recent drivers, please be aware that you will be prone to performance issues and crashes. I recommend against playing competitive until you are sure you are not crashing again. We are unable to remove penalties incurred due to this issue as the crashes do affect your teammates. Many players are able to resolve their crashes by temporarily removing any and all graphics card overclocking. If you have a factory overclocked graphics card, you will also want to disable the factory overclock. ... If this fails, the majority of other issues are resolved as follows: First, download the 17.7.1 driver version from AMD. 1. Visit the AMD Driver Website 2. On the Manually Select your Driver box, fill out the information on your graphics card and operating system and click Display Results 3. On the new page that comes up, look to the Helpful Links section on the right. One of the options is Download Previous Drivers & Software. Navigate to this link. 4. Download the Crimson ReLive Edition 17.7.1 Optional Driver and save it somewhere you can find it. Don't use this yet Now, we need to fully clear the newer driver with a tool called Display Driver Uninstaller. 1. Download Display Driver Uninstaller from The Wagnard Mobile Forum (Click “Official Download Here” near the bottom of Wagnard's first post. It will automatically download) 2. Run the Display Driver Uninstaller file you downloaded and extract it to your desktop 3. On your desktop, click Display Driver Uninstaller and run it. You may get better results if you run this in Safe Mode. 4. Click Clean and Restart 5. After restart, install the 17.7.1 driver we downloaded earlier. If you continue to have issues, please feel free to contact support. Make sure to mention you've already followed the instructions in this post so we don't send them to you again.Tiogaradh13 10 Sep
17 Sep 2016 Crashes? Performance Issues? Read this! The future is now. Are you with us? We'll be using this thread to track known system and performance issues throughout launch. If you're encountering some problems check out the list below and give the steps a try before you create a new topic. Don't forget, the more bug-related issues can be found in the Bug Report Forum's Known Issues List. Crashes Crash - Intel Drivers, Laptops with Switchable Graphics Crash - I click Play, but Nothing Happens! Crash - Overclocked Memory Crash - No Compatible Graphics Hardware Was Found Crash - Mei's Left Click Causes a Crash In-Game and in Kill Cams Crash - D3DGear Causes Overwatch to Crash Crash - Unknown Error! Crash - Rendering Device Lost Performance Issues Performance - TV Displays Cutting Off Borders Performance - Running Slow While Multitasking (6-core CPUs or lower) Performance - Long Load Times, High Latency (Proxy/VPN/Network Optimizer) Performance - I Only Hear Sound Out of One Headphone Performance - Black Screen with only HUD Visible Performance - Troubleshooting Low Frame RatesTiogaradh19 17 Sep 2016
27 May 2016 CPU/GPU Utilization and Overheating Guidelines Overwatch is a heavily threaded game with fairly complex rendering features. It will use as much of your computer’s CPU and GPU resources as you allow. If your CPU or GPU is not sufficiently cooled to handle running at the options selected in the game (along with any other applications that are running), the CPU/GPU might downgrade its performance while it is overheated. This problem can be exacerbated by overclocking of the CPU/GPU. In the worst cases it can cause your PC to automatically shut down. So if you find yourself in this situation what can you do? The first recommendation is to ensure that you have cleaned out the interior of your computer and all exhaust fans and heat sinks. This will allow your system to cool more efficiently. Secondly you can try shutting down any other applications that are running. These applications can contribute to overall CPU/GPU utilization and introducing overheating. If that does not address your concerns you should ensure that you have enabled LIMIT FPS and VSYNC in the video options. If you set both of these options to OFF you are instructing Overwatch to use as much of the CPU/GPU as it can. This will almost always result in either 100% utilization of the CPU (if your system is CPU limited) or 100% utilization of the GPU (if GPU limited). Setting LIMIT FPS to DISPLAY-BASED will limit the FPS to slightly above the refresh rate of your monitor (60 FPS for most, though some monitors refresh at higher rates). Setting VSYNC to ON will ensure you see no tearing when the screen is refreshed. In some cases, such as older laptops or systems generally prone to running hot, setting the LIMIT FPS to 30FPS might be advisable. If the GPU and CPU in your system are capable of preparing frames faster than the refresh rate then they will have an opportunity to idle during a portion of the frame (and cool down). This should resolve any concern with heavy utilization and/or overheating.Hagut0 27 May 2016
26 May 2016 Known and Common Issues ... Breaking Issues I am experiencing unnaturally high amounts of latency... This can be caused for a number of different reasons, some of which have already been documented on the Tech Support Forum. Please be sure to read the stickied posts in the Tech Support Forum for possible workarounds and follow the troubleshooting steps here. If none of the proposed solutions work for you, create a new thread and and copy there the results of your traceroute and pathping tests. All tests must be performed during a problematic moment or immediately after a disconnection! When I start a match sometimes people and weapons are invisible. It is possible for a player to load into the game before some assets have been fully loaded.. Upon trying to connect to a match, I get stuck loading for a long period of time and I am sent back the the lobby before I get in to the match... Substantially slow load times can prevent you from successfully entering a game. Try closing back ground applications, ensuring that your anti-virus software is up-to-date, and that there are no issues with your hard drive. If the problem persists, start a new thread on the Tech Support forum. I placed in the Top 500 but didn't get my rewards... External sites which display Overwatch statistics like seasonal rankings may incorrectly show players in the Top 500 who did not actually make it. Additionally there was a bug earlier in the season which could cause the Top 500 icon to show on player portraits when that player did not actually make the Top 500. I registered my key but get "No Overwatch License found" The physical box contains two keys: the game license key itself and the a key for the Widowmaker Noire skin. Please make sure that you have registered the game key and that you are logged in to the correct Blizzard account. Bugs We keep a list of known active issues at the top of the Overwatch Bug Report Forum.If you encounter a bug which is not currently listed please report it on the Bug Report Forum making sure to follow the Bug Report Forum Guidelines. Note: The Bug Report Forums require a US account in order to post. To create this, log into The Americas game region once, you should then be able to post on this forum normally. For information on changing your game region, please see the Global Play FAQ. Common Issues & Workarounds For advice on the most common type of issues please click on the support category: Account & Security (Hacked/Can't login/Authenticator etc.) Installation & Patching (Stuck/Slow downloads/BLZXXXXX errors etc.) Connection & Latency (Lag/Disconnections/Unable to Connect etc.) Performance & Stability (Crashes/Low FPS etc.) If your issues persist after trying all of the troubleshooting steps in the relevant article, please create a new thread describing your issue in as much detail as possible, include any error messages you are receiving as well as what trouble shooting steps you have taken to try resolve the issue.Hagut0 26 May 2016
23 May 2016 Welcome to the Technical Support Forum! Welcome to the Technical Support forum! This forum provides players with a place to discuss technical issues with each other and official Blizzard representatives. While this forum is NOT intended to replace our support contact channels, players are encouraged to ask questions, share advice, and participate in on-going discussions here. Accordingly, it is of utmost importance that all players treat each other with courtesy and respect. For more information, please review the Forum Code of Conduct. Our MVPs are also here to help: Ananda Cazzéh Celiby Danellos DeanX Nyshae Omachi Oussebon Saneko ShammozHagut2 23 May 2016
2h Lost connection to game server. I have been getting the above problem very frequently and I do not know why. I have never had this problem with overwatch until recently (when i came back 2-3 days ago). Hell I can even play a complete match of heroes of the storm. But for overwatch I will get this error whether it be in quick play or vs ai. I know its not my problem because I have tried playing heroes of the storm with no issues. Only overwatch.Lunar10120 2h
2h Ridiculous Sudden FPS Drops I can play the game just fine ALMOST all the time. FPS sometimes drops to 0 and I absolutely have no clue why. All my drivers are up to date. I repaired the game from bnet. No background apps are running. Here is a screenshot : https://imgur.com/a/7rpj5 I'll add my specs just in case. CPU : Ryzen 1600 OC'ed to 3.6Ghz. GPU : MSI GTX 1060 6GB MoBo : Asrock AB350M Pro4 Memory : HyperX Predator 2x4GB @3200Mhz running at 2933Mhz SSD : Samsung EVO 500GBvegapunk11 2h
5h I keep getting kicked out of server Hello, I've been repeatedly getting kicked out of games and being forced to log back on. My internet is fine and so is my computer. I've been playing the game fore a few yeas now and it's suddenly happening. Is there something wrong with their servers? Is there something I can do to prevent this?JeanPaul3 5h
7h FPS locked at 50? My FPS usually goes up to 60 but now it's locked at 50. Does anyone know why? I already checked the fps limiter and nvidia settings and other games, it's only Overwatch that's doing it.Godvernment0 7h
10h DISCONNECTED FROM COMP 3x NOW LOL POSTING THIS ISNT GOING TO DO ANYTHING ABOUT IT ANYWAYS LOL. Lost so much SR, and banned for 30 minutes for !@#$ Im not doing. FEELSBADMAN. ANYONE ELSE??? whats up blizz come bud get it together.....puppyDOGEyez1 10h
11h High Ping Yesterday I got put on a server where i had 100ms, and everything was lagging all the time. This was even more frustrating because it was competitive. Today someone with a really bad ping got put on my team and we lost because of it. I am wondering if this is a recurring error. My zone is put on Europe and I normally play with about 15ms. Kind regardsMaxeh238 11h
11h Cant Launch Game :/ Hey, so i've had problems with my game- i just installed that blizzard app update and when i click on "launch" to overwatch it just opens a full screen black window for about 2 seconds and closes and i am back at blizzard app So all my drivers are up to date,graphic card too, i uninstalled synapse, i did the "verify and repair" thing, closed background apps etc... so im kind of desperate at this point, hearthstone works perfectly so i think the problem is with overwatch directly im on a laptop if that can help anything.. Anyway thanks in advanceLeRatErrant0 11h
12h Can't join any game while in a group Hello, I've been experiencing several times a search for a quick games that, even when successful (showing "Game found") doesn't get me out of the menu. My group however still can join the game, select a character, and play. Happens both when leader of the group or not. When leader, clicking "cancel search" will kick my mates out of the game. However I can totally play alone both in tutorials and quick (haven"t tried competitive). Anyone having a fix? EDIT : I'm using PCMoisewitz1 12h
12h Game Disconnects causing Losses - Cheaters or Game issue? All of my games today have had someone getting booted from the server and managing to get back in again immediately. Sometimes happens to the same person twice in one game. Obviously this leads to a loss regardless of how well we are doing as a team. The last game I played one of my team members got kicked from the server, re joined after a minute, we're still winning. Completely destroying the other team, then I get booted, and he gets booted again, and then a THIRD person on the team gets kicked. We were all having the same issue. Internet is fine, nothing wrong with our connections, the game just disconnected us from the game server. This lead to an utterly painful loss considering we had almost won before three of us got booted. Is this an issue going on with anyone else right now or was someone on the other team dropping us?Mew1 12h
13h Lag spikes Xbox one x does Anyone else get serious lag spikes on Xbox one x. My old Xbox one and PS4 pro where is exactly the same place with no problems but I’m getting serious lag spikes during play.chanbags4 13h
13h Matchmaking problem! Why is machmakin is so unfair in the game? every time when i play my or the enemy team is not in the same level like this: https://imgur.com/a/i9MGLHoriPapA0 13h
13h Bad computer? Or bad settings? I've been playing Overwatch for about 6 months, and I have terrible fps. However, can't understand why this occurs. I have an AMD Rayzen 5 1600 paired with an Raedon 570 and usually I have to lock my frames at 70 to have the least "leakage" in frames when team fights commense. Without frames locked, I get roughly 90-110. Additionally, when team fights occur my frames from to 60 or below. I run low settings for everything,and I constantly search up ways to get better fps but it usually doesn't make an acknowledgeable difference. I have 8gb of RAM, perhaps more could help. Furthermore, if you feel that you could help me it would be appreciated. Thanks.Archimedes0 13h
14h I had enough guys! Please Assist me Guys, I really don't know what to do! Every evening I cannot connect to overwatch server. Around 6 pm until 11 pm I continually trying to reconnect every minute. I have stuck always on this screen: https://imgur.com/vHbgOEY I tried everything, this post: https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/99037?utm_source=internal-support_forums&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCSEU&utm_content=190118 and I even bought a new router and still, nothing helps. Its happened only on overwatch. CS GO, Hearthstone and etc are working fine. It happens only on the evening I don't know what else I can do.HappyFeet4 14h
14h Fullscreen Minimizes w/ Multiple Monitors Hey, Windows 10 fully updated. SLI EVGA GTX 1080Ti FTW3. Driver version 388.xx (tested all versions in the 388 range). 3 monitors (all displayport) I do NOT use TeamViewer. Issue is the game minmizes itself in full screen. Get maybe 3-4 frames when I fullscreen the game then it minimizes itself to task bar. Only way to get out of the minimize loop is to spam alt-enter as the game is full-screening again and playing borderless/windowed but that has it's own issues (overwatch monitor is a higher refresh rate than my system primary so it caps itself unless it's true fullscreen). Works 100% fine on drivers 387.xx, but unfortunately other games (like Destiny 2) have issues with those drivers. Also works fine if I unplug all but 1 monitor. Posted about this on Reddit a month ago: https://www.reddit.com/r/Overwatch/comments/7anbsr/for_anyone_having_issues_with_fullscreen/ with no luck. Any advice (other than rolling back drivers)? Thank you!Brutay1 14h
18h Disconnecting error Hello hopefully you are having a better day than me but I keep having disconnecting errors. Usually my internet is pretty fast and I was playing comp. we were tied and were about to go to overtime when I got disconnected. I thought it might have been my internet or something, but it wasn’t because My ping didn’t go above 100. I was playing healer which now a days is pretty rare so I guess no one could have reported me for griefing. I was just wondering if anything like this was happening to anyone else and I also play on the Xbox one if you were wondering. Also I am wired to router.we32e1 18h
18h Rendering device has been lost Hello, Since i bought the game it just keeps crashing randomly 99% of the time it happens at the beginning of a game, so i cant reconect and i lose 50sr, i just now got a 8h ban for that even tho its not my fault. I tried like 20 diffrent drivers but it doesnt do anything, i want to play ranked but i cant, i lost 400sr already because of that. and its obv not just me i see posts from 10 months ago with the same problem and they stil have the problem. if you cant fix youre game at least remove the !@#$ing time ban when the game crashes at the start.Sugarcube0 18h
18h Frame Rate Random Drops Ok i've posted about this before and I have been through all the posts from people with similar issues and none of the resolutions have worked (nor do they seem to work long term for the other people experiencing these issues). I generally run Overwatch at 60fps and I will get completely random FPS drops down to around 10, it'll then tend to fluctuate between 10 and 30 for a few minutes before returning to normal. Everything is up to date, i have done fresh installs of OS, game, drivers and still nothing. Also to note that this ONLY happens with Overwatch. Not a single other game that I play has any issues. Enough people are having the same problem that I do not believe it is a problem our end, it seems to get worse with Patches which would imply it is an Overwatch issue not a pc based one (especially given the sheer variety of PC specs people have with the same issue - even intel/amd/nvidia). Now could Blizzard actually devote some time to fixing these problems? As far as I am concerned the game is faulty - i cannot get a solidly issue free session with the game.Kaceus0 18h
19h Overwatch Menu screen capped at 60 FPS since the last update, the overwatch startup screen is capped at 60 fps, and so is the Hero Gallery. Because of this, viewing emotes and highlight intros is a less than optimal experience. this is quite annoying, because it used to be incredibly smooth at 144 fps.FullyTorqued1 19h
20h BLZBNTBGS80000011 cant go online Been trying to go online for more than an hour now, nothing is working I walked all the tutorials about flushing dns and firewall port forwarding and deleting cache files, nothing helped please help me i just want to playCloudfu2 20h
21h SR lose after reconnecting and winning Hello, I had a power outage for about half minute and rejoined my game as soon as possible, I've lost 50 despite winning the game, is it possible to do something about this?Gabeee0 21h
22h Network initialization failed. (0xE00f00B0) Network initialization failed. (0xE00f00B0) Any other that have this problem and knows howe to solvitLadyLiiviia31 22h
22h Your rendering device has been lost! Application closing! Your rendering device has been lost! Application closing! i get this error randomly while i play overwatch i have a AMD r7770 MSI and before i don't know what graphics card i had but it didn't happend now i lost SR and i am SUSPENDED for 20 minutes . i tried enableing GPU scaling and other fixes i found on the internet but none work! PLEASE HELP!!!Alejandro4552 22h
1d Rendering messages messing competitive like, seriously, i'm getting this rendering messages and it's annoying because it always happens in competitive, it all started since last patch and i losted points that i wasn't supposed to lose because i couldn't connect in time. please fix this as quickly as possibleMidNight0 1d
1d Banned for connection errors I was just playing a game of comp with my friend and I was kicked for connection errors and not only did I get 50sr taken off me I have been suspended. Has this happened to anyone else before?Sparkysparks2 1d
1d Been having this mouse stutter ever since last year This is starting to get on my nerves and I am almost getting to a point that I wanna crush my PC or uninstall Overwatch for good and I damn well know that I am not the only one on this boat. I have been having this mouse stutter for months regardless of my graphic settings, I tried from the max settings to the lowest possible, 144fps yet I still encounter this issue. As for PC spec, its pretty mid/high end: Intel Core i7 7700 16GB DDR4 GTX 1060 6GB Logitech G403 Mouse Game is stored on a dedicated HDD I played on a lower end GPU (GT 730 and in an i3 6100, 8GB DDR4 before I upgraded it all, it ran perfectly fine until sometime June last year, some patch really fked it all up by giving me a horrible mouse stutter and also frame drops no matter what graphical settings I use. Although few patches ago it got rid of it but after few recent patches it has returned. Mind you this is ONLY in Overwatch, no other games have this issue whatsoever, GTAV, PUBG, CoD BO3 (Cos fk WW2 and IW). Also, is there any technical way to get rid of the mouse smoothing within Overwatch? I have used almost all method of getting rid of the mouse acceleration/smoothing in my PC but with Overwatch it is a pain in the !@#. This is the only thing thats stopping me from playing Comp at the moment. ffs Blizzard fix this!IceRyda0 1d
1d Terrible Ping Issues with current patch I've been getting terrible ping and rtt spikes at any point in a game for minutes at a time. it literally makes the game unplayable and irritating. Can't believe it hasn't been fixed yetAblation5 1d
1d Cursor Size in 4K I think the cursor in 4K is too small. I just got a 4K monitor and I'm just getting used to it but the cursor in overwatch is too small and I loose it a lot.otilane7 1d
1d Overwatch Freezes up on launch So, as far as I know, my drivers are up to date. I'll admit, I'm no tech wiz, but I do know I've never had much issue playing Overwatch in the past. However, Ever since the latest patch, I can log in...but that's about it. I get to the main screen, models on the display are moving for the usual backdrop, but I can't click to training, play, even just look at my stuff. Nothing responds. It don't lock up my system or anything, just the game itself won't respond, making the game unplayable by virtue of...well, it won't play. I'm not really sure what to do here....Is it just me? I've tried the bug fix thing on the client...nothing. So I know it's not that. Is this a problem with the game right now, or am I missing something?FeameRose1 1d
1d Disconnect: Can't Do Anything in Game Menu So I've recently been having issues with the game disconnecting me. I would start it up from the Blizzard launcher and the game would load normally, only once it got to the menu (with things like the hero gallery, highlights, career profile, etc.), it would stay there, not load the background, and just play the background music. It displays anywhere from 2-20 FPS, which is much lower than usual but is fine while it's loading the overall game, but then it would disconnect me. I haven't been losing rating, but that's because I CAN'T EVEN QUEUE FOR A GAME, NEVER MIND PLAY THE GAME. Please help.Porky6232 1d
1d Overwatch makes my PC turn off... Ive checked everything: -GPU: Nvidia GTX 1060, running on EPIC graphics. When lowering the graphics it works fine, but given time its still turned off. -GPU Temps: Fine, not above 80C°. -GPU Vram: Never above 1500MB (mines 3GB). -CPU Temps: Fine, not above 60C°. I recently rebuilt my PC, the only part I didnt replace was my PSU (which is pretty old). So I was wondering if that could be the problem? Beyond a software problem, which could still be the issue here.SleepyWolfie0 1d
1d Stuck Looking up My mouse cursor works fine in the menus, but in game my character just looks up nonstop. I can force it down, but the character looks back up.Solaire0 1d
1d Character models not loading and other issues I've been having constant issues since the latest updates, most of which are character models not loading for 4-5 min, every character is invisible (no sound from my gun too) to constant fps drops, from 30 to 4 and 5 while the models aren't loaded. I also tried some fixes: -disabled hardware acceleration from battle.net -graphics are minimum, only render rate is 75% instead of 50% -energy settings are all maximum performance -nvidia and intel drivers are up-to-date -changing from borderless windowed to fullscreen just screws up my HUD but the models load faster Please help blizzard...NewOverlord14 1d
1d Game not starting, stuck in loading screen Hey everyone. My friend has been having a problem that his game has been stuck on the loading screen every time he tries to join a game, and, as a result, he gets kicked for inactivity. I looked around and found this: http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20744554331?page=5#post-81 Told him to do that, but everytime he tried to rename the 'cache' folder, it said something something along the lines of ''Item not found in computer''. Find it very weird, but since I can't find anyone else with a similar problem, decided to ask for help here. Please help, overwatch godsThecrazedbut0 1d
1d Grayed out friend request. Cannot send requests. I cannot send friend requests for some reason. This isn't even a matter of the other person being in the same region, I simply cannot press the send request function.BearlyBagins7 1d
1d Over Use-age on CPU, Memory and Disk So recently i've noticed that overwatch has been running really slowly which it never done before. So i checked my processes tab and apparently its been taking up 2 to 4 thousand mb on the memory about 50 % of my cpu and like 2.3- 7.6 mb on disk. I'm starting to worry because it never use to do this If anyone has any information on how to fix this it would be great, Thanks in advance.Twisttz3 1d
1d Lost connection to game server This will happen randomly while playing http://i.imgur.com/qnAkB5j.png This has happened more times than I can count And I have lost over 600 SR and gotten multiple suspensions https://gyazo.com/e6e5038f0f3b84ae234ac24c8952ba51 The Blizzard Launcher also goes offline for about 10 seconds when this happens Please help me.GETR3CKED7 1d
1d UnFairly Banned (Competitive Play) Hey! I recently had a technical issue where my game would crash and my game crashed when playing in competitive and I had got back on OW when the match was over so I thought this action taken on my account was unfair and I am legible for an unban in competitive playImNeg0 1d
1d Ok, This is getting ridiculous already "Lost Connection to Game Server" The issue that ruins my spare time sometimes and becoming as a huge frustration. During certain times on the weekend, It seems like I can't really play the game as it doesn't let me to connect to the game Just a few moments after "Entering Game" the game just throws me out with the "Lost Connection to Game Server" error. I tried to check if I had something with my connection and there is no real issue and other games such as CS:GO, LoL and R6S are working just fine while only Overwatch does have this issue and seems like that your Customer Service does know about it. "It looks like this issue is effecting a lot of players in the Middle East in both WoW and Overwatch, and we are doing some investigating to try and figure out what's up and how to help everyone correct it." - GM Rohbear I have to deal with this problem for quite some time and would love to see it get resolved.Worxy1 1d
1d 30 fps start menu Hello guys!Since the Overwatch League update , the game runs at 30 fps on the start menu and only there.I have a 120hz monitor and a gtx 1080ti graphics card.I am at epic graphics quality.I was suggested to disable the fullscreen optimisation,but nothing.Please help me !BoGGaming0 1d
1d Unfairly Suspended I have been disconnected twice through no fault of my own and then suspended for ten minutes. while the entire of the game i actually got to play i was on the desk playing with my team. Not happyWTFMINGAY2 1d
1d Problem clicking Run I have a problem every time I go to Blizzard and then click on overwatch and then press play then the overwatch is called to me and then a few seconds later I play again and it did not get me into the game I would be happy if you help me and solve this problem thanks :)ilayking1000 1d
1d Problem clicking on play I have a problem every time I entered to Blizzard and then click on overwatch and then press play then the overwatch is loaded me and then a few seconds later appears again and it did not get me into the game I would be happy if you help me and solve this problem thanks :)ilayking1000 1d