Matchmaking is a terrible joke.

General Discussion
Prev 1 14 15 16 20 Next
Just got 7 defeats in a row today, all matches were diamonds and platinums matched against premades of masters/grandmasters/top 500. What a totally not rigged matchmaking.
I'm a new player to this game and just got into competitive and i don't understand why am i keep getting this 3-4 star in 1 team for my enemy that make me keep loosing every single game. I think to get gold weapon is impossible for me because i can't even use Soldier 76 right and keep getting a god enemy that can kill pharah with freaking winston
I love the game and keep coming back to it but every time I do I just have a bad time. Every match played is a stomp one way or another. But like 1/20th of the matches played are super close wins or losses that I actually enjoy. It only seems like it's gotten worse since release.
i just got done playing a match where the entire enemy team is at least prestige 1, some were 2 or 3, and there was only 1 prestige on our team and our entire team only got a total of 4 kills and the enemy team won in less than 5 min. or as blizzard likes to call it "matchmaking"...
they need to fix the matchmaking system because i am getting fed up with being a level 26 and being forced to fight an entire team of seasoned pros.
i didn't pay good money to have blizzard take a huge dump on me every single time i play quickplay.
I just when from rank ~1820 down to 1690 after being consistently paired with people incapable of playing this game... The other teams, however, were well-organized / clearly comprised of more experienced players... BLIZZARD... THIS IS RUINING YOUR GAME...
Good job Blizzard, your matchmaking is absolutely cancer.

Here's a so called "Fair" match: http://i.imgur.com/MLZCZcG.jpg
I can only agree.
During the 10 preliminary matches, I ended at about 850, which is to be expected, I'm a casual player and I no longer have my 30 years old reflexes.

I won some games, lost some, apparently I was matched with people of my skill level, and I even managed to climb up to 894. That was ok to me, the games were fun since each mach was close, meaning both sides were equally matched.

And then I started to get matches with... let's put it nicely, idiots (yeah, I had a harsher word). Don't care about objectives, take counter productive heroes, and generally negatively contribute to the team. What I also noticed is that I often got my 800+ party matched against a 700ish one, and sometimes even under 700. And don't even get me started on leavers...

So I'm going to agree. Your matchmaking sucks. Now I'm down the drain and no way to get back up, each match is a pain.
Competitive?

Screw comp, I don't have time for it... I'm struggling with arcade. 10 losing streak so far.

So, yeah, bump?

Make that 11 losses.
Matchmaking sure sucks sometimes. Also junkrat is not a bad pick or a troll pick! Leave junkrats alone!
Since i cant check my overall win rate I started to count it myself each day. Everyday i lose more than win, sometimes twice the amount, so in my opinion mm is garbage, throw the whole algorythm in the trash. These programmers should work at a high school computer lab.

EDIT - Removing inappropriate language, please avoid this in future.
Almost a year has gone by, and the matchmaking is still broken. But at least we have a load of cosmetic items, that can be acquired via loot boxs.
i literally just started playing overwatch and im getting matched up against lvl 93 players yeah matchmaking is trash and i regret that money was spent on it
04/05/2017 08:39Posted by TaintedLuck
i literally just started playing overwatch and im getting matched up against lvl 93 players yeah matchmaking is trash and i regret that money was spent on it

You are playing a game that has been released a year ago.
What do you expect?
New players every day?
Those times are over, buddy.
There's not enough players so that everyone can get people on his exact level.
04/05/2017 10:30Posted by sumish
04/05/2017 08:39Posted by TaintedLuck

You are playing a game that has been released a year ago.
What do you expect?
New players every day?
Those times are over, buddy.
There's not enough players so that everyone can get people on his exact level.

being only a year old is no excuse for a new player to come up against heavily experienced players in their very first matches i expected some kind of match making that prevent new players from facing anyone above 30 or something
I hate it that a beginning player like myself can not be matched into a game without getting my walked all over and destroyed.

This is the last time I buy a product from Blizzard, and I will actively encourage others not to buy their products due to their massive flaws in their mechanics of Matchmaking system.
28/05/2016 17:59Posted by BobaFett
I get games where we get stomped, I get games where we do the stomping but the majority of the time it's a fairly balanced game and yes the system won't always be perfect but imo it's working well enough in its current form as again since I've passed level 30, 90% of the time it's all players above that.

The matchmaking system is not broken the system works the best it can or do you want to wait 5 mins for each game while it finds the perfect balance?

Edit N2woR to address his reply although slightly on a tangent solo experience in my experience is fine (on PC anyway) I have a around a 60% win rate and team work on the whole is good but I agree the tank/heal roles are not always the most desired and a XP bonus for playing them would help!
this is a late post but i agree with MojoJojo i only bought the game maybe 2 weeks ago, was matched with people far far greater than my skill level, was a nice roll for a while leveling up but i often get grouped with people doubling or trippling my player level and in effect my skill level on both sides.

Still a freaking fun game and i love those rare intense matches where your grouped with people your skill level and the opposing team is the similar.

I'd rather wait 5-10 mins for a balanced match. I can see what Blizz are doing they dont want you to wait for too long but I'd rather wait.
You win some, you loose some. I have over 500 lvls now, and I don't mind getting grouped with people lvl 30. Sometimes we own the other team, that all have silver frames, other times, we roll them over.
I DO se a lot of people complaining about "bad players" but to me it is the people who !@#$% about how their team picks or play, and teams with toxic players tend to loose, because of bad team spirit. Simple teamwork and communication can get a win to a low lvl team, over a high lvl team.