Achievements Too Difficult

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
Highly Rated
Some of these achievements are seriously way too difficult especially for a multiplayer game that can be very situational as to the map and enemy composition and play style. I've put over 10 hours into a lot of these characters, much of that time actively trying to unlock these achievements with no luck and much to the detriment of my team as I'm forced to play in counter intuitive ways to unlock some of these achievements.

I know a lot of people will say it doesn't matter, it's only cosmetic, achievements are supposed to be hard or just straight up git gud. But for the crazy completionists among us those greyed out achievements and sprays will really gnaw away at you.
Just a few of the most ridiculous achievements:

Rapid Discord - Get 4 kills or assists with Zenyatta's Orb of Discord within 6 seconds in quick or competitive play.
I seriously think the devs were smoking crack when they dreamed this up. The orbs themselves take practically a second just to get to their target making this achievemnt almost impossible. I feel like this is a typo that should have read 60 seconds instead of 6.

The Iris Embraces You - Restore 1500 health with a single use of Zenyatta's Transcendence in quick or competitive play.
Doesn't sound that difficult on paper but believe me, it is. You better have 5 severely wounded tanks on your team if you want to get this. Even 1000 hp restored would be difficult enough.

Shot Down - Prevent 1500 damage with a single use of D.Va's Defense Matrix in quick or competitive play.
Same as the above. I've played 13 hours of D.va and eaten every kind of ultimate imaginable along with whole enemy pushes, yet this never pops. Could be made block 1000 damage and still be a worthy achievement.

Anger Management - Damage 6 enemies a single use of Winston's Primal Rage in quick or competitive play.
Good luck finding 6 players together. Maybe this would have been easier at the start but you would be hard pressed to find a team now that is stupid enough to have all 6 players so close together. Played 8 hours of Winston and never got this.

Huge Success - Teleport 20 players in a single quick or competitive play game as Symmetra.
That would require 4 teleporters. The game would have to last very long and your team would have to be constantly dying while simultaneously not losing the objectives. Even 15 would be a difficult achievement, 20 is just ridiculous.

I feel like these achievements are way too situational and detract from playing the game in a sensible way. I would much rather the achievements be cumulative like get 100 death blossom kills, resurrect 100 players etc.
They are not as hard as you'd think. Best advice to get them? Do your best with the hero and they will come. I don't even check the requirements and keep getting them done.

I.e., I get an average of 15-16 players teleported with Sym when I play her, assuming I don't need to switch her out during a game. Getting 20+ isn't THAT hard in a well-balanced game.
Shot Down - Prevent 1500 damage with a single use of D.Va's Defense Matrix in quick or competitive play.
Same as the above. I've played 13 hours of D.va and eaten every kind of ultimate imaginable along with whole enemy pushes, yet this never pops. Could be made block 1000 damage and still be a worthy achievement.

Anger Management - Damage 6 enemies a single use of Winston's Primal Rage in quick or competitive play.
Good luck finding 6 players together. Maybe this would have been easier at the start but you would be hard pressed to find a team now that is stupid enough to have all 6 players so close together. Played 8 hours of Winston and never got this.

Just FYI, I've done both of these achievements. I have less than 2 hours playtime as Winston and 8 hours as D.VA. Use both on Control map. it's not that difficult at all to find 6 players together on the control maps since it's both teams fighting over the same point. The same with defence matrix, that's another good way to land the ult. A team focus firing you down will do about 1500 damage in seconds.

The rest I do agree with you though, especially the discord one. The only way I can think of with that is perhaps spamming discord when a bastions going crazy.
Good. I hate all the "you started the game have an achievement" Achievements should be actual achievement.
Zennyartas rapid discord acievement is extremely difficult, the transcendence one isn't too bad though.

D.vas are easy. For the defense matrix just use it on a pharah ult and you will basically be there.
03/06/2016 12:33Posted by Squizzo
I feel like these achievements are way too situational and detract from playing the game in a sensible way. I would much rather the achievements be cumulative like get 100 death blossom kills, resurrect 100 players etc.

I agree with this 100%. I'm a console player and I've seen first hand many times players going for achievements rather than play the game. In fact just last night, a 'Play of the Game' on Nepal was two Winston's purposely allowing themselves to be knocked off the map by a Roadhog ult. I detest achievements in multiplayer games that negatively impact the way people play.
Some achievements are just situational.

+1 for having some achievements that you don't get within the first 10-20 hours of play. I think i've clocked in well over 40-50 hours and yesterday i still got an achievement and i went "Ohh fun!" Thats how its supposed to be. I don't want to be 100% unlocked after 15 hours.
Trying to get Torbjorns achievement for 5 armor packs on allies at the same time is impossible with pugs. I try putting them near the spawn so people don't instantly lose their armor but people just trickle in one at a time losing their armor before the next player picks theirs up. I've even tried asking if people will group up and grab the armor at the same time but as usual nobody ever listens.
It forces me to play in such a stupid way that my team starts calling me out for playing !@#$. This really shouldn't be the way achievements are in a team based multiplayer game. I really think a lot of these achievements need revising.
I think I've replied to a post like this before but the achievement to destroy 3 symettras teleporters in one match never happens, she is already a niche pick for certain maps and then generally only within the first area of certain maps.
05/06/2016 13:25Posted by EyElysium
I think I've replied to a post like this before but the achievement to destroy 3 symettras teleporters in one match never happens, she is already a niche pick for certain maps and then generally only within the first area of certain maps.

Exactly my point. Most of the achievements are way to situational and require the stars to align to get the right conditions which is frequently impossible in unorganised pugs.
If the achievements were cumulative, like destroy 3 teleporters in any amount of games, then they wouldn't distract from the game and they would unlock naturally as you play more without the need for massive luck.
Luck isn't an achievement, it's blind.
Why do you care about achievements?

It's not like there is a reward for doing them and no one will ever care that you got one.
Yeah i'll never understand people that farm achievements. You are defeating the very purpose of an "achievement" by actively farming it.

An achievement should be something you acomplish while playing the game naturally. Even though there is no way to actively enforce it, I personally would not award achievements to people who actively try to farm them.
The very word achievement is a goal or accomplishment to work towards, not blind pot luck that occurs at random (also achievements do have rewards)

The way some of the achievements are set up you practically have to be actively farming them to get them, so yeah lol
05/06/2016 14:07Posted by Recon

It's not like there is a reward for doing them and no one will ever care that you got one.

You actually get the cute and pixel sprays for completing achievements and they just happen to be some of the best sprays imo.

Ever hear of personal goals?
05/06/2016 14:42Posted by Virulina

WOO! WOO! its the fun police incoming to impose their own personal ideals and preferences upon you, that's what happens when you ask questions like this >.<

*hands you a shield*

Translation for people who don't understand english: People are not going to like you saying that, (its a joke)
05/06/2016 14:42Posted by Virulina

WOO! WOO! its the fun police incoming to impose their own personal ideals and preferences upon you, that's what happens when you ask questions like this >.<

*hands you a shield*

He asked a question I answered it lol seems you got issues?
05/06/2016 14:15Posted by EyElysium
The very word achievement is a goal or accomplishment to work towards, not blind pot luck that occurs at random (also achievements do have rewards)

The way some of the achievements are set up you practically have to be actively farming them to get them, so yeah lol

If anything, they are completely right for the term achievement. having some like "rezz 100 people" or "kill 100 people" is not an achievement at all. It is something that happens over the course of the game no matter what.
These ones are actually achievements in the way they are something special and mean you have done your job with said hero.
None of the ones posted seem to hard, Got the DVA one myself and the symmetra one seems really easy once you learn where to place your turrets for maximum ultimate gauge.
I'm still trying to get Shot Down with D.va but I'm not complaining about it. I've done Widow's Smooth As Silk so if I can do that I can do anything.
05/06/2016 16:08Posted by Widowmaker
I'm still trying to get Shot Down with D.va but I'm not complaining about it. I've done Widow's Smooth As Silk so if I can do that I can do anything.

Got both of those during the beta, but can't quite seem to manage it since launch. Time will tell though