Using XIM4 as an unfair advantage in CONSOLE versions.

General Discussion
1 2 3 9 Next
PS4 and XBONE version are made to be played on a controller, however MANY players using XIM4 to play with Mouse ans Keyboard on the consles. This gives them more mobility and presicion than any controller user, plus add to that Aim-Assist, and the balance in the whole game is lost. <- This is blatant cheating on PS4 and XBONE!
Time for you to buy it then I guess.

Times change, you can't just ban people from using a legit controller.
Console gamers trying to be as efficient as PC players?
Times definitely change.

Sorry, but that device seems legit, forbidding it would be for instance like forbidding Logitech mice and keyboards on PC... won't happen.
With aim assist on Black's Ops 3 it was an advantage to use a console controller. The tables have now turned, seems its now the console players turn to have to buy something they probably won't outside of the game if they don't want to feel gimped.

P.s. I never caved in and bought a controller. I stayed K/M regardless of whether or not I was getting gimped.
Can Blizzard at least put in KB/mouse support, so you don't have to buy EXPENCIVE sh*t in order to play fairly against you fellows? Because unfair advantage is still unfair!
Highly Rated
11/06/2016 14:18Posted by AlexWing
Can Blizzard at least put in KB/mouse support, so you don't have to buy EXPENCIVE sh*t in order to play fairly against you fellows? Because unfair advantage is still unfair!

They did! It's called the PC version.
11/06/2016 16:06Posted by DeadpoolsBFF
11/06/2016 14:18Posted by AlexWing

i agree. if you want to play with mice/keyboard buy a pc.
11/06/2016 16:08Posted by sollitdude
11/06/2016 16:06Posted by DeadpoolsBFF

i agree. if you want to play with mice/keyboard buy a pc.

I want to play on PS4, can't afford a new PC, i would be fine playing with controller if OTHER players played on controller as well instead of using KB/M! By your logic all XIM4 users should go to the PC version....which would be nice....
The problem is there's already third party but legal mouse and keyboard for PS4. Such as Hori Tac 4 tactical.
how about buying a steam machine? it supports mouse/keyboard.
11/06/2016 16:18Posted by MudShadow
The problem is there's already third party but legal mouse and keyboard for PS4. Such as Hori Tac 4 tactical.

Overwatch doesn't have a support for KB/M, even if it works on other games. XIM4 Emulates KB/M as controller
11/06/2016 16:25Posted by AlexWing
11/06/2016 16:18Posted by MudShadow

Overwatch doesn't have a support for KB/M, even if it works on other games. XIM4 Emulates KB/M as controller

What does this have to do with there being an already official mouse and keyboard for PS4 on the market?

-Hori Tactical commander 4
-Officially licensed by Sony
-Wired Keypad/Mouse controller for PlayStation 4/PlayStation 3
-Designed to replicate PC style gaming
-Touch Pad
-USB connection between Mouse and Keypad
-Programmable Buttons
-LED backlight

It's the same thing as Xim4. And licensed by Sony.
11/06/2016 16:18Posted by sollitdude
how about buying a steam machine? it supports mouse/keyboard.

I'm not talking about PC versions here!(also Overwatch is NO on steam btw) I am talking about SPECIFICALLY PS4 and XBONE versions! It was created for conroller input WITHOUT native support for KB/M and designed and balanced accordingly, using KB/M is breaking the game for other players.
<span class="truncated">...</span>

What does this have to do with there being an already official mouse and keyboard for PS4 on the market?

-Touch Pad
-Programmable Buttons
-LED backlight

As far as i know Hori Tac 4 won't be working with overwatch. It works with games that supports KB/M initially.(I might be wrong with that one) XIM4 is different in that regards, it tricks the game making it see KB/M input as PS4/XBPNE controller input, basically game sees it as Gamepad
<span class="truncated">...</span>

-Touch Pad
-Programmable Buttons
-LED backlight

As far as i know Hori Tac 4 won't be working with overwatch. It works with games that supports KB/M initially.

Nope. It emulates Mouse and keyboard for the PS4. It's essentially the same thing as Xim4. It will work for all games which use a controller as its a mouse and keyboard but using a controller for input.

Random video taken from Youtube for proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LDgcC7fQUQ
As far as i know Hori Tac 4 won't be working with overwatch. It works with games that supports KB/M initially.

Nope. It emulates Mouse and keyboard for the PS4. It's essentially the same thing as Xim4. It will work for all games which use a controller as its a mouse and keyboard but using a controller for input.

Random video taken from Youtube for proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_LDgcC7fQUQ

Ow, i see, just never seen Overwatch footage with this, just XIM4....yup, this bullsh*t is unstoppable it seams, you people want to feel superior, go ahead, gonna stick with my controller gun. I hope blizzard will manage to tweak console versions in a way for a better ballance then, cause right now the scale is way over for KB/M users(In PS4 and XBONE versions)
Blizz should let us use m/k since consoles supports it (paragon and war thunder plays perfectly) and then it will be fair. There is nothing they can do about xim users.

P.s. Im not xim user but gamepad suck in overwatch very much(i played a lot of Halos and Destiny and i am very comfortable with gamepad). I even thinking about building a PC for overwatch.
If you don't like it you shouldn't have bought the !@#$ty version of the game. Sell the PC4 and get a proper PC.
11/06/2016 12:26Posted by AlexWing
plus add to that Aim-Assist
Incedently this only makes it harder for decent skilled player to actually play the game. If there's one thing that I hate most in console gaming, it's the damn aim-assist that cannot be turned off.

It might help casual player but it's darn pain to anyone who plays competitively. So in this praticular situation, the aim assist is benefiting you, not the person who is using XIM4.