Is using mouse and keyboard on console cheating?

General Discussion
1 2 3 8 Next
If so is it a bannable offense? Originally blizzard said they would not be allowing keyboard and mouse support for console even though they are capable due to what they called a unfair advantage vs players with controllers. This is also they reason they wanted to keep PC and consoles separate from cross play. I've seen alot of players using mouse and keyboard lately.
I was accused of using a mouse just because I had a good round using McCree.
We played a couple of games last night against another party with at least 2 of the other team using keyboards. We still won but we are 99% sure they were using a keyboard and mouse because they weren't moving or aiming like someone using a controller would.
Highly Rated
I'm not sure, but the advantage between keyboard and mouse vs a controller is colossal.
Why would it be cheating?
It's like saying, on PC, that using a gaming mouse and keyboard is cheating.

I'm using a 12000 DPI Logitech G502 mouse. So I'm a cheater, right?
It's probably not considered cheating but it should be. They are giving themselves a massive advantage that goes far beyond the difference between a regular and "pro" peripheral.

If I didn't mind playing against people using kb/m I would have just got the game for PC and plugged my controller into it. It's going to be updated more regularly, supported much more and live a longer life on PC. But I do mind, so I would love to see kb/m users on console banned.
20/06/2016 15:46Posted by Korrigan

Did you even read the first post? You can't use a keyboard and mouse on PS4. It is not compatible because blizzard said it would be an unfair advantage for them to allow people to use keyboards and mouse when the majority of the players use controllers. Which is why they didn't want PC to be cross compatible with consoles. You have to get a 3rd party adapter to trick your playstation into thinking it's a ps4 controller
20/06/2016 16:09Posted by x205xOwnz
20/06/2016 15:46Posted by Korrigan

Did you even read the first post? You can't use a keyboard and mouse on PS4. It is not compatible because blizzard said it would be an unfair advantage for them to allow people to use keyboards and mouse when the majority of the players use controllers.
Except Blizzard never said that, and mouse and keyboard are officially available for the PS4...
u mean console pad is not good for gaming? :p
in my oppinion I don't think its cheating, its like buying a driving wheel because you want to experience playing a racing game with a wheel instead of a controller, or getting a light gun peripheral, because its easier to aim towards the monitor than moving a cursor/crosshair around the screen.

If they say that using a keyboard/mouse on console is cheating, then I would consider those people using high end gaming keyboards and mice on PC to be cheating as well.
Ps4 and xbox should just allow anyone to plug a mouse and keyboard in instead of require people who want to use one to spend 100 bucks on a XIM or whatever. People that are trying to be competitive will always spend money on this !@#$.
20/06/2016 15:27Posted by x205xOwnz
If so is it a bannable offense? Originally blizzard said they would not be allowing keyboard and mouse support for console even though they are capable due to what they called a unfair advantage vs players with controllers. This is also they reason they wanted to keep PC and consoles separate from cross play. I've seen alot of players using mouse and keyboard lately.

Does this mean we will then also get different patches? As it plays differently on each platform.
20/06/2016 16:50Posted by ColdFusion
Ps4 and xbox should just allow anyone to plug a mouse and keyboard in instead of require people who want to use one to spend 100 bucks on a XIM or whatever. People that are trying to be competitive will always spend money on this !@#$.

Microsoft actually confirmed that the Xbox will support a keyboard and a mouse. So since playing with a controller in your hand against opponents with mouses will feel like using a bow against a fully loaded Apache assault helicopter I will consider buying a PC instead: if I can't be competitive with a controller anymore, why would I need a console? So I could put a table in front of my TV, put a f-in keyboard on it and play it like that? No thanks.
20/06/2016 16:58Posted by ItsMrMgcee
20/06/2016 15:27Posted by x205xOwnz

Does this mean we will then also get different patches? As it plays differently on each platform.

I can't tell if this is sarcastic or not lol. Console and PC are getting different patches. They have said they will nerf and buff each separately
20/06/2016 17:08Posted by Mrmadafakas
20/06/2016 16:50Posted by ColdFusion

Microsoft actually confirmed that the Xbox will support a keyboard and a mouse. So since playing with a controller in your hand against opponents with mouses will feel like using a bow against a fully loaded Apache assault helicopter I will consider buying a PC instead: if I can't be competitive with a controller anymore, why would I need a console? So I could put a table in front of my TV, put a f-in keyboard on it and play it like that? No thanks.

They haven't confirmed whether support is going to be forced though, which is unlikely, meaning even when that support comes in Blizzard could keep it out of OverWatch. If they so choose. On that point it's all wait and see for now.
20/06/2016 18:47Posted by Synner

They haven't confirmed whether support is going to be forced though, which is unlikely, meaning even when that support comes in Blizzard could keep it out of OverWatch. If they so choose. On that point it's all wait and see for now.

Well lets hope that you are right. I would be ok with a mouse support for strategy games since they are kind of unplayable on a console right now. However, FPS multiplayer is a 100% no go for me.
20/06/2016 18:51Posted by Mrmadafakas
Well lets hope that you are right. I would be ok with a mouse support for strategy games since they are kind of unplayable on a console right now. However, FPS multiplayer is a 100% no go for me.

I believe that's why they're doing it, with Halo Wars 2 coming soon.
just use a proper computer for playing FPS.

Consoles were made for 2d super mario games, beat'em up and such. Not 3D stuff like FPS.
21/06/2016 09:22Posted by SaftRatte
just use a proper computer for playing FPS.

Consoles were made for 2d super mario games, beat'em up and such. Not 3D stuff like FPS.

Not for 3D stuff like fighting games or races? Or RPG games? Or basically any single player games? Just for mario right? And games like Call of Duty or Destiny seem unplayable on a console for you? No one cares about your PC masterace arguments, people just want to have equal chances.
game pad is always a pain for 3D environments regardless if you play solo or against other people. Yeah ok racing games are fine.
Never played Call of Duty but I cant imagine a reason why it should be different from other FPS.