Overwatch causing computer crash

Technical Support
I've played around 50 hours, and Overwatch has has crashed about 7 or 8 times. Two of the times, Overwatch stopped responding and I received a "Rending device lost" message. The other ~5-6 times, Overwatch crashed so hard it made me slightly worried it damaged my computer. The screen immediately cut to black, and static looped in my headphones. After a few moments, a message "No DVI signal found" popped up on my monitor, signaling that whatever happened to my computer, it was no longer outputting video to my screen. Ctrl+shift+esc and ctrl+alt+del did nothing, and I was forced to restart my computer by holding down the power button.

Steps taken to prevent issue:
  • Nvidia graphics drivers updated to latest version
  • FPS capped at Display-based. Despite my 144hz monitor, this capped it at 72. After experiencing another crash, I reverted this change.
  • Although I don't use it, my CPU comes with integrated graphics. Just in case, updated drivers for those.
  • What little overclock I had on my GPU removed.
  • Used battle.net's "Scan and Repair" function on Overwatch
  • Computer is restarted daily

My Specs:
    CPU: i7-4790k (not overclocked)
    MB: Asrock Extreme6
    GPU: MSI 980 ti Gaming Edition
    RAM: Corsair something or other 16GB (not overclocked)

My CPU is watercooled, and after seeing that overheating might occasionally be causing issues with Overwatch, I'm using a custom fan curve that maintains peak temperature at 63 C.

To avoid flooding this forum page, DxDiag located at http://pastebin.com/hkQUKK1t
    Same problem here man!
    Hope they fix this soon, or at least give an answer on yours. Pc is very similar..
    Exact same symptoms for me too except I use a radeon card. Overwatch had been working perfectly since it launched until just a 2 hours or so ago and now it crashes my laptop literally 1-2 mins into a game.
    Same problem here unfortunately, I can run any other game and stay below 68 or so Celsius at all times this game pushes 80 and continues to rise beyond that. No idea why either. Makes me have to stop after about 20-30 minutes of playing for a good 10-20 minutes before I can play another 20-30. Had 2 hard crashes (PC turned off completely) tested my fans, everything seems to function properly as well.
    Adding my voice, experiencing this too on a recently reinstalled windows 10. Only game this happens with.
    It just started happening to me, now I can't even launch the game with out it restarting my computer, but thankfully since I have a decent motherboard, every time it restarted the RAM LED's glow bright red, mind you Overwatch was the only game to cause the restarts, I've tried other titles such a Doom, CSGO, The Division, Final Fantasy remaster, and quite a few others which never once caused a random restart or even crash.

Rig:
    AMD 8350 (stock clock) h100i cooling never goes over 45
    geforce 780 6gb sc, usually stays around 73-75c with a peek at 80 during hero selection screen, even lower when my AC is running.
    It only just started happening today at 10AM eastern
    Same here on Windows 10.

Got some older specs:
    AMD Phenom II X4 965
    XFX R7950
    ASRock 970 Extreme4
    Same here, been having it since the beta - had a long time where I didnt wanna play it due to this - now today I was reminded about it too...
    Doubleclick the icon, screen goes to black like normal - after a few seconds the power light in the monitor turns off due to no signal - and discord/skype goes silent - nothing to do other than reset the computer.
    Really weak by Blizzard that a bug of this magnitude is left in for so long after launch.
    Having the same problem right now annoying af
    I Had the same problem, i tried uninstalling AISuite and using the cleaner and nothing worked. after switching out my NZXT Kraken cooler it now suddenly works, so it seems to be some kind of Driver problem for Windows 10 users

EDIT: the NZXT Kraken is connected via USB to send temp data, so it's possible this can occur with other faulty USB installs as many others have stated with Razer products
    Same problem here.
    My german thread: http://eu.battle.net/forums/de/overwatch/topic/17612041579

still not a word from blizzard.
    Same problem here.. I remember reading something about Realtek Sound Drivers being the problem.. This always seems to happen to me when there is sound of any kind on when I start up OW.
    I have the exact same issues load the game up play 1 min it crashes that hard i need to hold the power button. or just restarts the pc on its own. had the stopped rendering issue also.
    i7-920 overclocked.
    gtx760 msi 4gb.
    Played yesterday fine... today terrible!
    Blizzard fix....
    Havnt seen temps over 59 also.
    Same here, a few days ago (around the time of the mcree nerf) it started crashing my computer (either had to hold power button or it restarted by itself) lest than 1 min after starting the game... have tried other games and everything works fine, it goes so quick that its impossible that it is caused by overheating. Have tried updating drivers and re-installing the game.
    Same tried playing today got the error 5 times in a row while trying to rejoin the game 6th time crashed my pc had to restart
    I've been having crashes since launch day. It happens at random times in matches, approximately every 15 minutes or so. Sometimes the game blue screens, sometimes I'm simply kicked to the desktop. When I restart the game will be in windowed mode. I can usually rejoin the same game I was originally in without re-choosing character etc. The recent patch has increased the rate of crashes.

i7 4790 (not overclocked)
    16Gb RAM
    Asus Maximus VII Ranger Motherboard
    EVGA 04G-P4-2983-KR GeForce GTX 980 SC Gaming ACX 2.0- drivers up to date
    Windows 7 64 bit

Any help appreciated. Thanks.
    My brother Iblis is having the same problem as well. Been happening to him since approx 1.5 weeks ago.

I'm looking at this forum and with all the various builds I'm seeing listed it leads me to believe that it's not necessarily any one type of Hardware that's having the problem
    Hi, i guess i have the same problem now. It just happened. When i opened battle.net app my pc restarted.

I only updated my authenticator today, and this is happened.

And after restart, my battle.net app settings changed to default.

Now i m scared because i dont wanna hurt my computer with this annoying problem. Please help us.
    Just adding a word to hopefully get this problem addressed. Played ~30 hours before June 6th or 7th when problems of hard crash, BSODs and "Rendering device lost" errors occurred. Doesn't seem to be a hardware problem, my specs are a bit outdated but it's been running the game flawlessly up until the 6th or so.

Like everyone else, my other games run fine, and the crash doesn't appear to be due to overheating or anything noticeable like that.
    GT750M GDDR5, i7-4700MQ, DX11, Windows 8.1
    " ~5-6 times, Overwatch crashed so hard it made me slightly worried it damaged my computer. The screen immediately cut to black, and static looped in my headphones."

-same problem. I can play Witcher 3 on ultra settings, but Overwatch is crashing over and over causing my cumputer to show me a blackscreen and a horrible noise in my headphones.