5 Reasons why Overwatch ranked is broken

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Highly Rated
So I'll explain everything what I think is broken and should be fixed. 5 Reasons why I won't be playing Overwatch ranked (at least until these will get resolved/fixed).

I have been enjoying Overwatch as a game, and I have around 70-100 ranked games played so this isn't just some frustration after few losses. No, this is actually after I won games but didn't get rewarded because leavers in enemy team. Higher ranks don't have this problem, so I'm probably getting a lot of down votes only because of that, but I'll explain everything anyway. I'm CLIMBING UP, but I still believe the system is extremely broken.

So what is broken right now:

1. If enemy leaves after they are getting wrecked, you don't get full win, instead you get 1/15 rank up (Like, you win first round and someone leaves, it doesn't count as full win). You shouldn't get punished for winning the game too hard. Why do you get punished for winning too hard so someone ragequits or even if they just dc?

2. If someone leaves from your team, and you manage to win 5v6, YOU STILL ONLY GET 1/15 rank up because that game is counted as "canceled". I have won 2x games 5v6, which is already super hard and then I don't get rewarded at all for it, only 1/15 rank up from both of them.

3. If someone leaves from your team, everyone in your team get a message "You can leave without penalty now, but you still get a loss" which kinda makes everyone think they don't lose ranks, but get a loss in statistics.
You usually never get to play 5v6, instead if someone quits, everyone in your team will quit because they think they don't get rank penalties. The wording of that message must be changed, or even better no message at all and let people try to play 5v6 (And let them get full win if they win 5v6, not this !@#$ing 1/15 rank bull%^-*).

4. Leavers don't get punished at all unless they leave a lot. You can freely leave game or two without any punishment, so if your enemies are !@#$%^-s or your team has *!@#$%^s, you can punish them by leaving and without losing anything yourselves.
Is there anyone that got punished after leaving many games, and how btw?

5. If you DC or afk and get kicked from the ranked game, you can't get win anymore, even if you win you still get a loss. I have afked in 2x games at start of the round and getting kicked and instantly rejoining (only missing like 10 second of game, and then playing another 5-10 minutes and won, only to get a loss while my teammates get win). I was grouped in both of my games I got afk kicked, and both of those I won and got a loss and downrank when my teammates got rankup. So if you dc or get afk kicked, you might just as well just not join the game at all because you get loss no matter what. I don't think this works as intended at all, and blizzard should fix it soon.

So how blizzard handles leaving in this game is totally broken in ranked... If I win 5 games and enemy leaves in those 5 games, I don't get full win from those 5 games. But if I lose 5 games when someone in my team quits, I get 5x full losses. I don't think it's supposed to work like this and it should be fixed ASAP.

I know there are people that don't believe Blizzard -*!@ed this up, you were the lucky ones to get high enough so leavers are much much more rare, or you haven't played enough.

I also know how #$%^ed up it sounds, but this is 100% true and I don't understand how it got out from beta in the first place. You will find a lot of forum posts having these same conclusions I have made and it's really breaking the game. You don't have to believe me straight away, just look for evidence other people have already posted and you might believe me as well.

I also win more than I lose, but with the current broken system it's really hard to climb up unless you have no leavers in any of your games. Which usually isn't an issue at higher ranks, people are a lot less frustrated when playing with people that know what they are doing. Some of you will be down-voting this only because it has not happened to you, and you are able to play on your own level and think the system cannot be broken.

To prove that I'm actually carrying more than my weight, I decided to take 10 games in a row playing soldier only, and keep statistics from all of my games. This is basically just to prove you that I am climbing, but I still believe the system is really broken. Here is the statistics of those 10 games, 2 games had leavers, 1 in enemy, 1 in my own team. Playing around 50 rank~, so I'm playing with average level of skill.
Here is the picture I made, it's huge so you have to zoom it to see anything. https://postimg.org/image/cgmmlos1z/

No QQ. This is a great game, but these are big problems. I just don't feel like it's worth it with the current system.

Please don't just downvote my post if you don't agree, I want answers from blizzard employee if they know about these issues and are working on solving them.

UPDATE: Finally Jeff Kaplan himself answered to my post (US forums) and said there will be some fixes in a week or so.

"We have some improvements coming that should address some of the "Leaver" issues. We should be able to get some in this week and more are coming later on."

http://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20745746206?page=1
Bump!
5. If you DC or afk and get kicked from the ranked game, you can't get win anymore, even if you win you still get a loss. ......... So if you dc or get afk kicked, you might just as well just not join the game at all because you get loss no matter what.

Exactly this. I got a black screen bug after char select and had to restart game, was gone for about a full 7 seconds and won, but no I lost because blizzard thinks that if you DC even for the slightest amount of time you should have no incentive to try and win what so ever.
02/07/2016 01:39Posted by Lunarstrain
5. If you DC or afk and get kicked from the ranked game, you can't get win anymore, even if you win you still get a loss. ......... So if you dc or get afk kicked, you might just as well just not join the game at all because you get loss no matter what.

Exactly this. I got a black screen bug after char select and had to restart game, was gone for about a full 7 seconds and won, but no I lost because blizzard thinks that if you DC even for the slightest amount of time you should have no incentive to try and win what so ever.

Yeah it's like, if you dc for 10 seconds and then play 10 minutes, do we really deserve a loss? Why do I even bother joining back in game if I lose no matter what. If it is intented, then it's honestly !@#$ed up.

But these other reasons I also gave, are just as stupid. Like if you win 5v6, you still get reduced reward if someone left FROM your team. How is it fair?
One other problem is that it's easier to lose ranked points then to gain them. (at least at 50+)

Even I try to maintain a 50% winrate (given team ranks are the same), I still end up losing fractions, then whole ranks.
Bump! Blizzard needs to read this. I'm not even touching competitive until this gets fixed.
Totally agreeing with the OP here. It needs to be fixed.
01/07/2016 23:02Posted by Saali

So what is broken right now:

1. If enemy leaves after they are getting wrecked, you don't get full win, instead you get 1/15 rank up (Like, you win first round and someone leaves, it doesn't count as full win). You shouldn't get punished for winning the game too hard. Why do you get punished for winning too hard so someone ragequits or even if they just dc?

2. If someone leaves from your team, and you manage to win 5v6, YOU STILL ONLY GET 1/15 rank up because that game is counted as "canceled". I have won 2x games 5v6, which is already super hard and then I don't get rewarded at all for it, only 1/15 rank up from both of them.

Absolutely agree with you on these ones,m8. I've won 3 rankeds in a raw today and all 3 of them were 1/15 of rank up, because as we start dominating someone on the opposite team leaves. How am I supposed to up in ranks, if I win 3 games,then loose one - I loose rank. The salt is real.

3. If someone leaves from your team, everyone in your team get a message "You can leave without penalty now, but you still get a loss" which kinda makes everyone think they don't lose ranks, but get a loss in statistics.
You usually never get to play 5v6, instead if someone quits, everyone in your team will quit because they think they don't get rank penalties. The wording of that message must be changed, or even better no message at all and let people try to play 5v6 (And let them get full win if they win 5v6, not this !@#$ing 1/15 rank bull%^-*).

+100500 Agree with this two points
Well this has certainly opened my eyes to how competitive works.
I have encountered more rage quitters than I thought I would given the penalty so either the players don't care or the penalty isn't having the intended effect. At least not yet.
Can't say I disagree with any points made in this post and it does need looking at.
You get less XP for winning a 5v6?

If that's the case then what's the point in anything really?
3. If someone leaves from your team, everyone in your team get a message "You can leave without penalty now, but you still get a loss" which kinda makes everyone think they don't lose ranks, but get a loss in statistics. You usually never get to play 5v6, instead if someone quits, everyone in your team will quit because they think they don't get rank penalties. The wording of that message must be changed, or even better no message at all and let people try to play 5v6 (And let them get full win if they win 5v6, not this !@#$ing 1/15 rank bull%^-*).

Very agree,
+ The message keeps appearing which is very annoying.

It looks like
'Hey do you wanna play more? Nah, you should to leave, your team has a leaver, quit now. Oh you don't want to leave now? OK, then I will keep block your scoreboard with this message so you cannot read the score frequently. Oh wait do you believe it is not fair? Yes, it is fair because your team has a leaver and IT IS YOUR TEAM so YOUR FAULT.'.
blizzard don't deal with EU forums, thats the problem
Bump! Any blue posts? Anyone that could make sure this reaches the development team ?
There are posts that address this stuff in the US forum and frankly it's much more likely that it gets Blizzards attention there.
Blue answers are rare in the eu forums.
Anyways, good post!
i started at 45 and 48 now. ive won a game and gone up one rank then lost 3 in a row before i got demoted. the leavers will probly start getting the bans and it will all mellow out.
i think competetive is great so far, sux that people leave from time to time but it will only get better. also never played once with a friend in quick or competetive
Yeah blizzards idea of fairness is a twisted and perverted one.

First of all as long as blizz servers are still made of old tin cans they shouldn't give any punishment for disconnects since its their bloody servers that causes it.
And when it comes to points and leavers its just retarded.
When someone leaves offer another player the slot, "hey someone left in a game, you can join (3 minutes left of game) if you win you get half win if you loose you dont loose points since its a leaver game that you joined"

But no, as soon as someone dc`s the round is !@#$ed for pretty much everyone.

Perfect proof that the system is dumb and broken af, actually staring a game 1v6.
I think in th history of video games this is the utmost dumbest and most unfair thing i have ever seen, first time it happened i almost fell of my chair laughing
Saali, that 5th reason is indeed a stupid thing. I just got disconnected on my last 2 matches, came back in a matter of seconds, only to get my rank decreased.
There definetly needs to be big changes in overwatch ranked system... it is extremely unfair and stupid right now.

I hate to say it, but I now realise why SC2 ended up dying. Blizzard are nuts if they think this is a good system.
Started comp on ps4 last night. Its an absolute mess with leavers and in 5/6 of my rank games (not finished the 10) someone left and 4 of those games we were thrashing the enemy which resulted in a 5vs6 and as thats almost impossible we lost 3/4 of those games. The whole system seems to punish those that are staying and quitters can laugh it off whilst the entire rest of players, enemy and team gets punished. Ive never seen so many people bail and its infuriating. If you dc and get back into the game it shouldnt punish you, you got straight back in with it, you hardly gained anything through the dc, if anything it shows commitment to sticking it out with the team.

It would be unfair to the genuine dc's etc and I imagine unpopular opinion but Im starting to think if people quit there should be a real punishment like auto loss of a rank + limited xp for a certain number of games only avoidable by rejoining the game after a dc. Quitting shouldnt be an easy option. For a team game comp is not very supportive of the remaining team