Overwatch is unplayable on consoles

General Discussion
28/07/2016 00:47Posted by Kato93
Ok that is completetly unacceptable. On consoles with a controller this game is the worst i have ever played because it can't get right the one and only thing you cannot get wrong in an fps : the aiming!
Not only it was released in such a sorry state (a literal scam) but now even after the supposed "patched" dead zones this game feels like the worst fps game ever.
The dead zones are terrible still, the aim assist is the worst i have ever seen but at least now it can turned off, there is no aim smoothing, terrible aim acceleration and my god the diagonal sensitivity is completly terrible.
I just tested it and it FEELS lie, the diagonal sensitivity is vertical+horizontal; for ex. If i have 30-30 it feels like it is 60 and that is awful and unacceptable( i dont know if thats the case but it feels like it).
If i had the funds i would definetly sue them for scamming us.
They released an incomplete game for full price, on consoles it is avaible only the origins edition which has 4 useless ugly skins and stuff for games that are not even for consoles like heroes of the storm, the game is absolutely in a sorry state on consoles and it is borderline unplayable against fast and flying characters like genji and pharah.
Many will probably think I am exaggerating but the state the game is my proof and the controls are AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL and Blizzard knows it thats why they tried but completetly failed at fixing the dead zones.
Now fix and patch the !@#$%^- aiming for this game before people realize how bad it is and leave it.
"Not bad for their first fps game" people said.... Awful aiming,completetly unbalanced with characters like mccree that they have no idea what to do with, one mode only, huge terrible hitboxes even amateurs would make better and the list goes on... Sorry but THIS IS QUITE BAD for their first fps game in my book.
aiming on console is so easy. Its just you're not skilled at console. People that play console can aim like pc. There is no difference, its what you're good at. You dont know how many good console players are out there don't ya
28/07/2016 00:47Posted by Kato93
Ok that is completetly unacceptable. On consoles with a controller this game is the worst i have ever played because it can't get right the one and only thing you cannot get wrong in an fps : the aiming!
Not only it was released in such a sorry state (a literal scam) but now even after the supposed "patched" dead zones this game feels like the worst fps game ever.
The dead zones are terrible still, the aim assist is the worst i have ever seen but at least now it can turned off, there is no aim smoothing, terrible aim acceleration and my god the diagonal sensitivity is completly terrible.
I just tested it and it FEELS lie, the diagonal sensitivity is vertical+horizontal; for ex. If i have 30-30 it feels like it is 60 and that is awful and unacceptable( i dont know if thats the case but it feels like it).
If i had the funds i would definetly sue them for scamming us.
They released an incomplete game for full price, on consoles it is avaible only the origins edition which has 4 useless ugly skins and stuff for games that are not even for consoles like heroes of the storm, the game is absolutely in a sorry state on consoles and it is borderline unplayable against fast and flying characters like genji and pharah.
Many will probably think I am exaggerating but the state the game is my proof and the controls are AWFUL AWFUL AWFUL and Blizzard knows it thats why they tried but completetly failed at fixing the dead zones.
Now fix and patch the !@#$%^- aiming for this game before people realize how bad it is and leave it.
"Not bad for their first fps game" people said.... Awful aiming,completetly unbalanced with characters like mccree that they have no idea what to do with, one mode only, huge terrible hitboxes even amateurs would make better and the list goes on... Sorry but THIS IS QUITE BAD for their first fps game in my book.

two words, Exponential ramp, now go use it.
No, it's not. I play on consoles and it's entirely doable to aim somewhat precisely. Of course it's not goona be as great as a mouse, because it's a joystick. It's just as good. But that's what the aim-assist is for. It's supposed to make up for the lack of micro movements. And it does. I don't know what people are talking about when they say it's not fixed, because it is. In fact, I find the aim-assist to be too strong. I personally tune it down on most characters.
02/02/2017 04:22Posted by InHumxneTRAP
two words, Exponential ramp, now go use it.

Exponential ramp is the aiming system since release. Dual zone is the one they added in a later patch. Dual zone feels better to me.

Blizzard fixed the aim assist and gave us the dual zone controls. The game feels better to play now than it did before. It's still really hard to use heroes that require precise aim. The lack of ADS may not help things.

Aiming vertically also never feels natural. It always feels like I'm struggling to stay on target. Soldier is probably the easiest offence hero to play and I still find it hard to be accurate with him. I've never had this much trouble aiming upwards in other games.
Console peasant!
Can't say I've had any problems with the controls at all. I was actually relieved by how smooth they felt when I first bought it. And now I'm constantly switching between Overwatch, Battlefield 1 and Titanfall 2 without a problem. I'd say that TF2 has be the best controls though.
I havent touched the Game since Summer last year because of that awfull Input Delay and Acceleration problem. i play on a 24" ASUS Monitor and everythings wired. i have no problems to Aim and get Headshots in Destiny, CoD, Battlefield or Titanfall but Overwatch allways felt off. the acceleration combined with the Input Lag just makes it nearly impossible to hit a small/fast target, the deadzone (pre-patch) made it even worse. i plugged in my Controller and played the PC Version for a short time and and felt like day and night, i was able to aim just like i do in CoD, i was able to play Heros without any problems that were unplayable on PS4 (looking at you McCree). Blizzard needs to fix this ASAP and everyone who says BS like "i dont have that" you do, you are just so used to it that you dont feel it. For everyone who plays on PS4 and reads this: Doom has the same issue on PS4, stay away from it. -EDIT- So after i reinstalled it on my PS4 i instantly felt that nothings changed at all, still Input Lag, Acceleration and the Deadzone is still f***ed up. Blizzard there are 4 Dev Teams knowing how to do it right (Bungie and 3 CoD Teams) get one of them over to fix the Aim.