Genji is sucking the life out of this game.

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 17 Next
Did you actually ever try playing him? He's the one of the hardest if not the hardest hero to play. He's very inconsistent and has a load of bugs. Getting killed through deflect, wall climb doesn't work, ult doesn't register a hit, getting killed after dashing away, etc. He's a very high skill cap hero, he's only as good as the player using him.
21/04/2017 12:32Posted by MinioN
Did you actually ever try playing him? He's the one of the hardest if not the hardest hero to play. He's very inconsistent and has a load of bugs. Getting killed through deflect, wall climb doesn't work, ult doesn't register a hit, getting killed after dashing away, etc. He's a very high skill cap hero, he's only as good as the player using him.

Which again doesn't matter in the lower brackets as you don't need to be able to master a hero do smash people there.
People can't aim as they do in Master, people can't keep up with such a mobile hero jumping around doing a crazy amount of damage.
As soon as he ults its mostly a team wipe, sometimes its stopped by a really really observant Roadhog with a hook.
Having a genji in the enemy team in lower brackets changes the whole game. You need at least 1 person chasing down Genji the whole game or its an insta loss.

I had a Genji last night in one of my games (level 220 platinum level).
He single handily destroyed 4 members of my team constantly to a degree were we could not even leave the spawn. The only time we left the spawn was when I switched from Lucio to a Road hog and gripped him in and one shotted him. I stayed on road from there on out focusing only on Genji using my ult as soon as he popped his to keep him away. He still managed to destroy my backline constantly but his team wasn't the best so we managed to push trough. We got the payload to the last check point where I got focused by a Dva and a Soldier and taken out. The genji swooped in and took out 4 of the remaining members with 1 ult swooping around the place.

Hes just not balanced in the lower brackets and you NEED to have at least 1 person chasing him around the map 100% of the time. Again, no other hero asks for this amount of attention and the only reason we got so far is because the other members in the enemy team were just not good. It was 1 person carrying their whole team which should not be possible in a team based game.
21/04/2017 12:42Posted by hubbah
21/04/2017 12:32Posted by MinioN

Which again doesn't matter in the lower brackets as you don't need to be able to master a hero do smash people there.
People can't aim as they do in Master, people can't keep up with such a mobile hero jumping around doing a crazy amount of damage.
As soon as he ults its mostly a team wipe, sometimes its stopped by a really really observant Roadhog with a hook.
Having a genji in the enemy team in lower brackets changes the whole game. You need at least 1 person chasing down Genji the whole game or its an insta loss.

I had a Genji last night in one of my games (level 220 platinum level).
He single handily destroyed 4 members of my team constantly to a degree were we could not even leave the spawn. The only time we left the spawn was when I switched from Lucio to a Road hog and gripped him in and one shotted him. I stayed on road from there on out focusing only on Genji using my ult as soon as he popped his to keep him away. He still managed to destroy my backline constantly but his team wasn't the best so we managed to push trough. We got the payload to the last check point where I got focused by a Dva and a Soldier and taken out. The genji swooped in and took out 4 of the remaining members with 1 ult swooping around the place.

Hes just not balanced in the lower brackets and you NEED to have at least 1 person chasing him around the map 100% of the time. Again, no other hero asks for this amount of attention and the only reason we got so far is because the other members in the enemy team were just not good. It was 1 person carrying their whole team which should not be possible in a team based game.

According to overbuff, Genji has a 48% win rate. Seems about balanced to me. That Genji you're talking about might have been a smurf.
21/04/2017 14:53Posted by MinioN

According to overbuff, Genji has a 48% win rate. Seems about balanced to me. That Genji you're talking about might have been a smurf.

I believe you're missing the point.
Re-Read his post, and replace the word 'Genji' with any other hero of your choice - now his post doesn't make sense.
There is NO other hero in the game that can do what Genji can do, and he can do it consistently.
You suggest he has a high skill cap - sure he does. I can't play Genji, I have 3 minutes on him. But if I sat down for 1 hour and just learned him, I GUARENTEE I could just start wiping floors with him. I've considered doing it... I've begun doing it with Tracer... BUT I WILL NOT DROP TO THAT LEVEL
I agree with MinioN, Genji is on fine spot right now. Yeah, you can pretty much destroy enemy team when they can't counter you but you can do it asweel as Pharah, Tracer etc. so how is genji ''sucking the life out of this game" more than any other heroes when mastered?
Dunno why this thread was necro'ed. But, at very high levels of play, Genji is pretty much the most popular DPS pick, because of his insane mobility and burst potential. Given how hard he is to play, I think he's fairly balanced. Maybe buff other DPSs? And I think Mercy needs better mobility when other teammates are not around.
go sombra and hack genji
22/04/2017 00:58Posted by zir
go sombra and hack genji

Lol memes are on the point here xD
The necro is real.
DO YOU SEE THE POST DATE, PEOPLE?
23/04/2017 18:49Posted by CarbonOxide
The necro is real.
DO YOU SEE THE POST DATE, PEOPLE?

Still relevant as ever, though :^)

There is NO other hero in the game that can do what Genji can do, and he can do it consistently.

Obviously. This is the same with every other hero..There is no other hero in the game that can do what Pharah does, or what Roadhog does, or what Reinhardt does... The problem isn't the hero, its the player, they clearly know how to do their jobs and do it well enough to make people annoyed..lol

[quote="176139074655"][quote="176139575013"]
But if I sat down for 1 hour and just learned him, I GUARENTEE I could just start wiping floors with him.

...Lol defo not exaggerated.
1 hour? Pls do this and record the first few games you have with him, I'd love to see this. Mastering one of the hardest heroes in 1 hour, and ''wiping the floors with him'' would be pretty impressive. I knew some people would exaggerate to make a point but, my dude, 1 hour? really? lmao. Put your money where your mouth is. And if you're correct I will gladly apologise, and admit I'm in the wrong.

All in all the cyborg is in a great spot, he suffered against triple tanks and still works very weak against it. He's balanced rn. They should leave him be.

[there were meant to be two separate quotes w/ 2 separate replies but it messed up, apologies if it looks messy af.]
I disagree.
21/04/2017 01:32Posted by JaggSauce
Genji is already receiving massive

No he is not.

21/04/2017 09:01Posted by hubbah
No other hero in the roster needs this amount of focus so he doesn't insta gib your whole team.

THIS! Precisely this, no other hero needs the same amount of focus ever. Facing a phara, get a soldier, mcree, widow, anything you want and have decent aim and you are solid. Wanna kill a genji with hit-scan? You need very good aim. It is like the whole hero revolves around you being significantly better than the genji player or else it is a lost cause. Every hero in the game has a multitude of counters or heroes that works against them, the only exceptions being soldier and roadhog which both coincidentally also are way to strong atm, but they are still manageable and the gap towards the rest is not huge. Genji on the other hand has like what? One viable counter? And against every other hero in the game - unless he gets outplayed big time - he wins out, he wins every singel time with no effort. That is broken.
Genji wasn't that big problem either back then... His bad reputation was inflated.

The current S76 is MUCH WORSE than Genji ever was.
24/04/2017 14:25Posted by M3HAN
All in all the cyborg is in a great spot, he suffered against triple tanks and still works very weak against it. He's balanced rn. They should leave him be.

Trippel tank is the only reason his OP:ness has been flying under the radar, even thou he has still been a constant presence in regular games that do not follow the meta, which ofc does not matter as much to blizzard as their precious e-sport. But now he is back, and in full force at that. Every professional game has a genji and soon every regular competitive match aswell.
24/04/2017 15:03Posted by Marmites
21/04/2017 01:32Posted by JaggSauce
Genji is already receiving massive

No he is not.

21/04/2017 09:01Posted by hubbah
No other hero in the roster needs this amount of focus so he doesn't insta gib your whole team.

THIS! Precisely this, no other hero needs the same amount of focus ever. Facing a phara, get a soldier, mcree, widow, anything you want and have decent aim and you are solid. Wanna kill a genji with hit-scan? You need very good aim. It is like the whole hero revolves around you being significantly better than the genji player or else it is a lost cause. Every hero in the game has a multitude of counters or heroes that works against them, the only exceptions being soldier and roadhog which both coincidentally also are way to strong atm, but they are still manageable and the gap towards the rest is not huge. Genji on the other hand has like what? One viable counter? And against every other hero in the game - unless he gets outplayed big time - he wins out, he wins every singel time with no effort. That is broken.

Winston, Zarya, Symmetra, even a pharah or S76, Roadhog... There are many counters. It depends on the player, not the hero. Bait the deflect and majority of the times hes as good as dead. Your second most used hero is Widow... Idk if you know but Genji counters Widow?

So what's broken about him exactly? Because you can't kill him? lol the only thing broken about him is his bugs. Other than that hes fine. Blizz aren't changing him. If you think he's broken, then I wonder what you think of Pharmercy... *Looks at profile - Mains Pharah* Oh..
24/04/2017 15:07Posted by Marmites
24/04/2017 14:25Posted by M3HAN

Trippel tank is the only reason his OP:ness has been flying under the radar, even thou he has still been a constant presence in regular games that do not follow the meta, which ofc does not matter as much to blizzard as their precious e-sport. But now he is back, and in full force at that. Every professional game has a genji and soon every regular competitive match aswell.

So just because people use him a lot, he's OP? The meta rn is Dive comps/Pharmercy Ofc he's gonna be present a lot, a dive comp is what he works best in.

Surely if he's OP he wouldnt be ''flying under the radar'' against triple tank, he'd be decimating them? Oh right... hes not decimating them, because he's actually weak against triple tanks. :o who knew?
21/04/2017 00:40Posted by KungKrut
...That might work consistently against a bad Genji who can't focus down a 200 or so hp hero, a good Genji knows when to disengage and he has the most options out of any hero when it comes to that. His kit is just bloated without justification.

tis a good thing that most genjis are badjis then huh

also Mei has 300 hp, not 200... it takes Genji 3 swings to kill her, and she can easily freeze him in that time, or use her iceblock or her wall.

his kit is bloated? bloated how?? i think it all fits very well for the concept of a cyborg ninja with "cyber agility".

now admittedly, i would probably suggest giving Winston wallclimb so he could better chase Genji around, but no more than that.. Genji is already receiving massive unjustified hate from people who just can't be bothered to counter him because they wanna play their uberl33t pro widow or whatever.

the truth of the matter is that picking just ONE of the 6 heroes i mentioned (all of whom are DEEPLY meta) will result in the enemy Genji having massive issues being effective to the point where you're almost forcing him to switch (which again, a good Genji will do)

Unjustified hate? Ok, maybe you are one out of millions who can shoot him but the rest of us find it hard to hit a skinny ninja who's tapping his space bar jumping all over the place while spamming shurikens.

Just in case you have a bad day, I hope your mercy is far away from genji when he draws his 3 metres long katana, granted that he's stupid enough to not kill her first.

The only fun Genji brings to this game is watching him getting killed.