Genji is sucking the life out of this game.

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 17 Next
Unbreaking the topic by posting whatever.
in my game I see more widowmakers.
genji is far too safe for what he can do to an entire team. broken af
21/04/2017 14:53Posted by MinioN

According to overbuff, Genji has a 48% win rate. Seems about balanced to me. That Genji you're talking about might have been a smurf.

I believe you're missing the point.
Re-Read his post, and replace the word 'Genji' with any other hero of your choice - now his post doesn't make sense.
There is NO other hero in the game that can do what Genji can do, and he can do it consistently.
You suggest he has a high skill cap - sure he does. I can't play Genji, I have 3 minutes on him. But if I sat down for 1 hour and just learned him, I GUARANTEE I could just start wiping floors with him. I've considered doing it... I've begun doing it with Tracer... BUT I WILL NOT DROP TO THAT LEVEL
Well then you're an idiot, because none of your complaints have been verified, no one has even tried to speak of his counters... Ever faced Calvin on Genji? Not a fun experience... Its not Blizzard's fault that none of you know how to counter a Genji, its so bloody simple. Zen-Monkey, Mercy-McCree,Pharmercy, Zarya. Its not that hard. I've begun to notice I get 4 golds every start of a round, then I begin to get targeted (This is at a 4300 avg, so without your team doing the work, you usually don't make it off very good) - Everyone here is whining about Genji, when they don't even realize the main issue with overwatch right now. Pharmercy Dive comp is utterly broken, and can be used on almost every singe map, has the most dps in the game; hands down, no doubt.
Hi! I'm late here but can safely say I've seen pro Genjis on streams and they sure wreak havoc at high SR.
Then there's posts in this thread saying at low SR he's a problem because people can't aim....
I can honestly say I've only rarely seen Genjis good enough to cause me problems; which is remarkable given the number of Genji mains there are jumping around. He's one of the easier heroes to counter simply by picking a beam or cc hero: Mei, Zarya, Symmetra, Winston all hard counter him easily; Tracer and Pharah can really bug him, and Rein will often survive against him the same as any others (AKA if outnumbered he will die, if not great!) He's not OP, it's just he counters the most played heroes (like Soldier and Reaper) whereas his counters aren't played as often.
It's got to the point where Genji is safely balanced, apart from being slightly buggy despite any fixes he's given. I have more trouble against Tracers and Lucios than Genjis right now.
18/04/2017 21:42Posted by Chumpkins
16/10/2016 18:27Posted by PMSanya
I like Overwatch. I like crawling through the filth that is SoloQ and reaching a high rank, it's rewarding in its own right.

But what the !@#$ IS GENJI STILL DOING IN THIS GAME?
I've hit Masters, and it's getting worse every game. My roster is shrinking with each win because Genji is becoming more and more prominent in every match I play.

At this point, the ONLY viable supports I can play is Lucio or Ana. ANY other support is dead. Even then, if my team even bats an eyelid from the backline, their Genji has just dashed through, screamed his weeaboo garbage and killed the backline. I am running out of options man. I enjoy support, but Genji is destroying the game - it's SO unenjoyable.

KoTH is my most despised gamemode because you could effectively rename it to "Nanoboost The Genji". First team that does that wins. Sure, the other team will do it - but their behind a few points and it'll go back and forth now.

Even a Zenyatta ult doesn't work anymore. He wont ult until Zen is dead. But it's not like he needs his team to do it - he'll do it himself THEN press his "I Win The Game" button.

Here's an idea for Sombra:
All robotic characters within 10 metres take 200 damage per second.
She has no other abilities.

I would play her with a burning passion until every Genji player has sliced their throat in frustration, just like every Support player has to deal with.
Sounds like someone's salty they don't have enough skill to kill genji

I think this is from back when genji did like 33% more damage than he does now and could triple jump and wall leap, had a 9 second ult and all that cray !@#$.

Also, has anyone here even tried playing genji? Back when this was posted. Sure, he needed a fair less skill to play, but nowadays? Really?

I believe you're missing the point.
Re-Read his post, and replace the word 'Genji' with any other hero of your choice - now his post doesn't make sense.
There is NO other hero in the game that can do what Genji can do, and he can do it consistently.
You suggest he has a high skill cap - sure he does. I can't play Genji, I have 3 minutes on him. But if I sat down for 1 hour and just learned him, I GUARANTEE I could just start wiping floors with him. I've considered doing it... I've begun doing it with Tracer... BUT I WILL NOT DROP TO THAT LEVEL
Well then you're an idiot, because none of your complaints have been verified, no one has even tried to speak of his counters... Ever faced Calvin on Genji? Not a fun experience... Its not Blizzard's fault that none of you know how to counter a Genji, its so bloody simple. Zen-Monkey, Mercy-McCree,Pharmercy, Zarya. Its not that hard. I've begun to notice I get 4 golds every start of a round, then I begin to get targeted (This is at a 4300 avg, so without your team doing the work, you usually don't make it off very good) - Everyone here is whining about Genji, when they don't even realize the main issue with overwatch right now. Pharmercy Dive comp is utterly broken, and can be used on almost every singe map, has the most dps in the game; hands down, no doubt.

You're saying Genji needs to be countered by 2 hero's constantly? Yep. Hes not broken at all .......
Reading the comments on this topic, can't sto laughing....Genji broken, LMAO
<span class="truncated">...</span>

tis a good thing that most genjis are badjis then huh

also Mei has 300 hp, not 200... it takes Genji 3 swings to kill her, and she can easily freeze him in that time, or use her iceblock or her wall.

his kit is bloated? bloated how?? i think it all fits very well for the concept of a cyborg ninja with "cyber agility".

now admittedly, i would probably suggest giving Winston wallclimb so he could better chase Genji around, but no more than that.. Genji is already receiving massive unjustified hate from people who just can't be bothered to counter him because they wanna play their uberl33t pro widow or whatever.

the truth of the matter is that picking just ONE of the 6 heroes i mentioned (all of whom are DEEPLY meta) will result in the enemy Genji having massive issues being effective to the point where you're almost forcing him to switch (which again, a good Genji will do)

Unjustified hate? Ok, maybe you are one out of millions who can shoot him but the rest of us find it hard to hit a skinny ninja who's tapping his space bar jumping all over the place while spamming shurikens.

Just in case you have a bad day, I hope your mercy is far away from genji when he draws his 3 metres long katana, granted that he's stupid enough to not kill her first.

The only fun Genji brings to this game is watching him getting killed.

honestly, what do you want me to say here... learn to aim or pick a counter (most of Genji's counters happen to be the no-aim heroes i.e Winston, Reinhardt, Symmetra and Mei so there is no excuse for not being able to do this)

you thinking genji is "too hard to aim at" is a problem on your end... he's a ninja.. he's suppose to be hard to hit.
Just in case you have a bad day, I hope your mercy is far away from genji when he draws his 3 metres long katana, granted that he's stupid enough to not kill her first.

Genji's blade is actually 5 meters long.
Why do people see the need to get rid of heroes? Lile the amount of "nerf/remove genji/sym" posts is rediculous.

Most people argue that you can counter him with McCree or Winston but you dont even need that, so many games has a genji ulted onto a KoTH point or even open areas and (with the help of a good healer) me AS REIN! has stopped his ult befpre he can damage anyone else. And the stats show this, Rein and genji have the same swing speed and range but Rein needs three hits and genji needs 4/5.

But thats just lower rank, either way people need to find their own ways of dealing with these heroes. None of them are broken, most are only in need of slight adjustments at best! Blizzard has done an amazing job at making sure the heroes are balenced.

Its not the heroes who need to change its the players.
Genji's very strong but I accept it because he's like not Symmetra or Pharah - heroes that reward low skill.
wat a joke thread lololol.
What I find hilarious with people Vs Genji is that as soon as the "waga waga" thingy starts coming out which indicates a Genji ultimate ability being used, people scamper like rats. If there are 5 people on the point and Genji using his ultimate manages to kill them, then those 5 people weren't worthy because the simple and easiest thing to do is; focus fire.

It's amazing really that people still haven't figure this one out yet, you identify the biggest threat to your group and focus that one down. As a Reinhardt "main", I stand my ground and swing my hammer, and if I have a shot of it I charge towards the Genji. More often than not, I collect salt from a salty Genji that had his ultimate destroyed by 100% German power.

Yes Genji is strong, but he's only as strong as people make him. And if that Genji kills you then well, he was a good Genji. It's not like Spamsetra; hold primary fire + spam jump. But even she can be killed by focus fire.

Come to think about it, hold on, this is a team based game. So what I'm basically saying is; work as a team. Dang, what a conclusion.
01/05/2017 14:23Posted by Pharazon
What I find hilarious with people Vs Genji is that as soon as the "waga waga" thingy starts coming out which indicates a Genji ultimate ability being used, people scamper like rats. If there are 5 people on the point and Genji using his ultimate manages to kill them, then those 5 people weren't worthy because the simple and easiest thing to do is; focus fire.

It's amazing really that people still haven't figure this one out yet, you identify the biggest threat to your group and focus that one down. As a Reinhardt "main", I stand my ground and swing my hammer, and if I have a shot of it I charge towards the Genji. More often than not, I collect salt from a salty Genji that had his ultimate destroyed by 100% German power.

Yes Genji is strong, but he's only as strong as people make him. And if that Genji kills you then well, he was a good Genji. It's not like Spamsetra; hold primary fire + spam jump. But even she can be killed by focus fire.

Come to think about it, hold on, this is a team based game. So what I'm basically saying is; work as a team. Dang, what a conclusion.

A silver Genji might be stupid and run into your Rein, but on platin its completely different. Your "german power" will never reach him, because he focuses on the squishies while you are "standing your ground and swinging your hammer".

honestly, what do you want me to say here... learn to aim or pick a counter (most of Genji's counters happen to be the no-aim heroes i.e Winston, Reinhardt, Symmetra and Mei so there is no excuse for not being able to do this)

you thinking genji is "too hard to aim at" is a problem on your end... he's a ninja.. he's suppose to be hard to hit.

I usually play Mercy which is a no-aim hero, but it's not working.

I am problably an average player so it's not a problem of low vs high ranks. Genji is hard to shoot because his mobility is insane. This mobility paired with a kit with the biggest outplay makes him exremely annoying.

01/05/2017 08:38Posted by JaggSauce

Genji's blade is actually 5 meters long.

And genji can use his katana but Mercy can't draw her one-handed sword. Unfair.

01/05/2017 08:55Posted by Vane
Genji's very strong but I accept it because he's like not Symmetra or Pharah - heroes that reward low skill.

Double jump, wall climb, reflect and dash make him more forgiving than symm and phara.
01/05/2017 15:58Posted by Cly
01/05/2017 14:23Posted by Pharazon

A silver Genji might be stupid and run into your Rein, but on platin its completely different. Your "german power" will never reach him, because he focuses on the squishies while you are "standing your ground and swinging your hammer".

Still doesn't change the conclusion and work as a team. We got completely obliterated in one ranked match because of a Tracer, no one changed around any to deal with her and the healers were completely flatten, which of course led me as Reinhardt dead as a hammer.

Bottom line is in any regards that this is a team based game, and a good Genji player played as he should be will flatten a disorganised team that don't cooperate. Many times when people yell for nerfs or heroes being OP, it's simply because they don't work as a team should be. That isn't to say there aren't heroes that are borderline OP, like Pharah with a pocket Mercy, but on the overall a good team is setting you up a whole lot better than a disorganised one.

Genji's blade is actually 5 meters long.,HEY MODERATOR
can we lock this thread already?!
jesus christ.