Support punished in Competitive Placement

General Discussion
So I just played my 10 matches with 2 friends and we got 7 wins - 3 losses, the whole time I was playing Mercy. My friends were mostly playing damage/tank. They both placed platinum and gold while I placed Bronze 1265... We all did equally well (we wrecked!) but they placed EXCEPTIONALLY higher than me. What exactly determines the ranks? Because it seems people who main support are being punished heavily....
and how different was your stats before games compared to them?
if they ended last season with higher SR then you then it is absolutely normal they were placed higher
06/12/2016 05:18Posted by Ceris
and how different was your stats before games compared to them?
if they ended last season with higher SR then you then it is absolutely normal they were placed higher

So previous seasons SR contribute to current SR?
So previous seasons SR contribute to current SR?

Yes, it does.. i went like 2(w)-2(d)-6(l) and placed in gold because i placed in gold on season 2.

It mostly affects your entire rank.
not sure about that, last season i finished at 2100, just done my placement games (7W-2D-1L) all being support and i got placed at 1660
that seem a bit too much for me
Last season matters.

My s2 rank 3400
i played mercy for placements cos was playing with friends who were learning the game and i just wanted to support them and let them play what ever they wanted.
We went 2w 8losses. they all got 1500-2500 placements.

I Got 3006
Then i went solo queu with my main (ana) and easily went to 3400. the struggle is to get 3500 and that master. And i will do it with supports