Tracer (Mini-rant)

General Discussion
God dammit Jaggsauce, one minute you amaze me with your dumb*ss theories about sexuality, then the next you remind me you seem like a decent smart guy. I'm seriously confused right now.
23/12/2016 11:44Posted by JaggSauce

are you suggesting that's not a thing?
because it is.
its very apparently, and quite obviously a thing.

look at people like Ralphie, he is a heterophobe.

aside from the obvious, it is impossible for heterophobia to exist because two sides cannot oppress each other. im unsure why youre even bringing it up, unless youre trying to see yourself as a victim now

Oh you're one of THOSE people, everything makes sense now, the power + privilege "theory" is gender studies rubbish btw that will never be recognized by the rest of the world.... as i said before, bigotry and hate is not and never will be a one way street based on your make believe view.
23/12/2016 12:00Posted by TheWarmaster

Oh you're one of THOSE people, everything makes sense now, the power + privilege "theory" is gender studies rubbish btw that will never be recognized by the rest of the world.... as i said before, bigotry and hate is not and never will be a one way street based on your make believe view.

Here's a baby's guide to understanding privilege ;^)

http://imgur.com/a/BAbpX

And maybe people dont want to recognize them because if they do they are going to feel like !@#$ because many things they got was because of that instead of the pleasant delusion that it was their skill, or even worse, that they couldnt do anything even with that privilege xD

In other words, emotions trumps logic for the average joe ;^)
23/12/2016 10:20Posted by JaggSauce
they sacrificed good storytelling to push a !@#$ing gay character instead, that's why people are pissed.

that ENTIRE comic was basically about Tracer getting a god damn scarf for her girlfriend... OOOOOOO HOW EXCITING!!!

Piss off with this SJW bull!@#$ in the future, thank you.

The comic is about spending time with family you really think they'd leave their figurehead out..?
23/12/2016 12:08Posted by WORDSMITH
The comic is about spending time with family you really think they'd leave their figurehead out..?

The comic (Tracer debate aside) was a poor attempt at emphasizing the so-called "Holiday Spirit".
If Blizzard seriously thought those kind of cliches work on their fanbase, they should consider replacing their comic staff.
23/12/2016 12:06Posted by Ralphie
In other words, emotions trumps logic for the average joe ;^)

Sucks to be you then given that emotion is the entirety of your argument.... you live in a fantasy land where creation of unequal rules will magically create equality between people. let me let you in on a secret my friend... people are not equal... i know, shocking right? no two people are equal, people will never be equal to the person standing next to them its impossible, the best we can hope for is equality under the rules.

You think you fight for equality but you are really fight for inequality.
23/12/2016 12:14Posted by MintSamurai
23/12/2016 12:08Posted by WORDSMITH

The comic (Tracer debate aside) was a poor attempt at emphasizing the so-called "Holiday Spirit".
If Blizzard seriously thought those kind of cliches work on their fanbase, they should consider replacing their comic staff.

It seems to me a lot of people liked the comic, there were plenty of hints towards character's backstories and possible developments into their future like:

Amélie at her husband's grave (Gérard) possibly hinting at her 'brainwashing' wearing off

Pharah with a mysterious man (whether that be her father or a soldier)

Emily possibly being Dr.Winston's daughter (that ones pretty far fetched however).

It was a short comic to spread a bit of holiday love while also dropping in a few hints/easter eggs you can't expect them to write a GoT tier novel.

23/12/2016 12:22Posted by JaggSauce

let me correct myself; They sacrificed a good story to push the fact that a character is gay, instead

Okay so the story would be better if her partner was straight.. Is that what you're saying here? Or maybe that it would be better if she had no partner at all rather than a female one?
23/12/2016 12:24Posted by JaggSauce

so basically every hint to a side story were better than the story we were suppose to find most interesting (aka the one about Tracer).

what does that tell you

I think you missed the point of the short, it was about Tracer rushing in time to make it to Winston's party.

Winston has no family (and little friends) and it was a simple tale to spread some Overwatch holiday cheer, your interest in it is subjective.

I'd also suggest re-reading my previous post and answering the part at the bottom.
23/12/2016 13:01Posted by JaggSauce

i'm not saying the story would've been better if her partner was straight, i'm saying it would have been better if it wasn't about her partner at all.. like who gives a !@#$ what tracer buys her significant other for christmas?.. we (as in people who don't give a %^-* about gender policies) want story and lore (and ironically, we got most of that from those panels about the other characters, whom the story wasn't even about) - so again, WHAT DOES THAT TELL YOU?

it SHOULD tell you that its a bad story overall, but i digress.

The story literally wasn't about her partner at all you're just making it about her partner. She meets her partner and then continues to meet Winston pretty much straight away. You're making it about her partner when it really isn't.
23/12/2016 13:43Posted by JaggSauce

Tracer is a !@#$ing gay little fairy,

You realise how low you sound right? 'gay little fairy' are you serious?

23/12/2016 13:43Posted by JaggSauce

alright now you've lost me, i am "making this" about her partner? i am at the brink of telling you to piss off, this whole god damn story is CLEARLY about the fact that Tracer is a !@#$ing gay little fairy, and that she has to get a present for her girlfriend and that she has to make it in time for a cozy gay dinner with the poor lonely gorilla, Winston, who has to settle for whatever friends he can get since his parental figure died (see? that little moment alone outdid Tracer's whole %^-*ing story, just as an example), even if its gay little fairies like Tracer, if you try to tell me this story isn't about Tracer and her girlfriend then you are denying reality, and is clearly incapable of having the debate at all.

The story was about spending time with you friends and family, Tracer the FIGUREHEAD of the company is racing to buy a last minute gift (something many people can RELATE to). She then continues to spend some time with her friend who usually has to spend christmas alone. It's a lighthearted story and Tracer's girlfriend is in it for a few panels. If you can't deal with those few panels then that's on you.