Ps4 to PC, is it worth it?

General Discussion
Is it that big the gap between the console and PC community? I mean, 40€ and all my cosmetics and ranks is a big deal, but I don't mind buying the game again if it gets a lot better.
I honestly prefer playing on PC even though my aim seems to be better on console. People communicate way more due to the availability of a text-based chat, which also helps if you don't have a good mic or just don't feel like speaking. Patches also come earlier on PC and the PTR's only available for PC players as well.
Textchat is a double edged sword. Sure you can ask simple stuff in it but you should aswell know that alot of toxicity is beeing written in the textchat. Which means you will be insulted much more frequently then on PS4.
PC always better !
Just to tell u . Aiming is 10 times easier on pc and faster gameplay phase . So if u want a full fun experience in the game I advice u to get the game on pc not on a console .
I have it on both, PS4 and PC. I barely play on PC though because I've grown more used to the controller and find it way more comfortable to use than a keyboard and mouse.

Basically, it's down to personal preference. If you're comfortable with keyboard and mouse, then the PC version has more bells and whistles than the console version (PTR, text chat, customizable graphics, stats displays like FPS and ping, choosing your server region, etc.)

Keep in mind, a few of those things like FPS and customizable graphics are not really an issue on console, because the game already looks pretty good on PS4 (don't have an Xbox so can't comment, but it should look the same), and the frame rate is locked to 60 fps. Server region is auto-selected based on your ping, and will be the best choice for you anyway, so again, not a big deal.

I would love text chat and the PTR to come to console though. I always have a keyboard connected to my PS4, and would love to be able to communicate more than the Wheel allows, without having to join the team chat.
31/12/2016 22:09Posted by SaKRaaN
PC always better !

In your opinion.
01/01/2017 10:55Posted by SwankyTiger
31/12/2016 22:09Posted by SaKRaaN
PC always better !

In your opinion.

Quite an accurate opinion though.
31/12/2016 22:11Posted by SaKRaaN
Just to tell u . Aiming is 10 times easier on pc and faster gameplay phase . So if u want a full fun experience in the game I advice u to get the game on pc not on a console .

I agree (somewhat) with the aiming, but you get the full Overwatch gameplay experience on console too. The gameplay is not any faster or slower over there. Really the only big feaure missing is text chat, and maybe Report Player.

Lately, Blizzard have been on point with the simultaneous update releases across all platforms, so that particular PC advantage has gone away.

Also, if we're talking aim differences, a quick comparison between my aim and your aim in Quick Play, show that I'm matching or beating you on accuracy on almost all characters. In Comp Season 3, I'm comfortably ahead of you in accuracy on all characters except Ana, who I really need to work on.

I don't mean any disrespect - overall you're probably a way better player than I am - I'm about as average as they get.

But just so you know - aiming isn't impossible, or even particularly difficult on a controller if you're used to it (and certainly not 10 times harder as you claim). It's just slower than a mouse, and you can't pull off quick 180s or flick shots, although the new Dual Zone setup helps in that regard a bit.

http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/pc/eu/SaKRaaN-2361
http://masteroverwatch.com/profile/psn/global/eikonoklastes
I just switched from PC to PS4...and holy !@#$ HUGEEEEE Difference.

Aiming is slower, turning is slower, less accurate

the quick 180 winston leaps away are harder to pull off
same with sombra's snapping to throw portal elsewhere

auto aim helps with a couple heroes like mccree, where i notice my aim was better there than on PC but overall..it's horrid experience v,v

I want my comp back lol
The gameplay is not any faster or slower over there.

But just so you know - aiming isn't impossible, or even particularly difficult on a controller if you're used to it (and certainly not 10 times harder as you claim). It's just slower than a mouse, and you can't pull off quick 180s or flick shots

If you aim slower, the game play is not as fast. You don't need to react as quickly because your opponent can't aim as quickly.

You kinda contradicted yourself.
01/01/2017 10:08Posted by Lobo
Basically, it's down to personal preference.

As a person who has played the game on both console and PC, I think this is quite true. It very much comes down to what comes natural to you, and if you have any specific things you hope to achieve in Overwatch, well then that might also influence your choice of platform :-)

If you prefer to play with your friends, then it would be a good idea to play on the same platform as them.

If you have no particular goals in the game other than just to relax and having a good time, then it would be a good idea to play on the platform with the controller scheme you are most comfortable with.

If you strive to play at a highly competitive level, maybe even have fledgling aspirations to playing in some sort of esport related setting, then you may want to chose playing Overwatch on PC.
On a PS4 or indeed Xbox you skill limit is capped by the hardware and everyone has the same disadvantage of being forced to use a controller.... on PC your only real limiter to your skill cap it you and your reaction time.
Console is garbage for aiming, if you aspire to be a good sniper or mcree then you should switch to pc.

The only plus about the console is that it's cheaper, if you can afford it go PC.