3 tanks makes climbing ladder much harder

General Discussion
With the meta of 3 tanks it's much harder to carry and your own impact shrinks.
It's hard to make plays against 600 hps buffs. With mcree or genji you could get 2 insta picks and then go. Much harder with tank meta.

Find it quite boring
Anyone else do?
If you have come to complain you can't Genji main anyone i don't think you will find much sympathy on the forums.... myself i like the 3 tank meta, people work together more because they are forced to stay together more, so if i play tank or healer it makes my life better.
21/12/2016 20:43Posted by TheWarmaster
If you have come to complain you can't Genji main anyone i don't think you will find much sympathy on the forums.... myself i like the 3 tank meta, people work together more because they are forced to stay together more, so if i play tank or healer it makes my life better.

I don't play genji. But ye good point
The triple tank meta is only there because of that so called tank who really is anything but a tank (looking at you RH).

And probably also because people were getting tired of being almost instakilled whenever there's a Roadhog, Hanzo, Widow, Bastion, Ulting Genji, Ulting Soldier, Reinhard on Nano,...

But yeah that tank meta is annoying and not fun. It's probably here to stay, unless some major rework is intended.
21/12/2016 21:44Posted by MintSamurai
The triple tank meta is only there because of that so called tank who really is anything but a tank (looking at you RH).

And probably also because people were getting tired of being almost instakilled whenever there's a Roadhog, Hanzo, Widow, Bastion, Ulting Genji, Ulting Soldier, Reinhard on Nano,...

But yeah that tank meta is annoying and not fun. It's probably here to stay, unless some major rework is intended.

To be fair reinhardt is the most tank like hero we've got the rest are just more offensive with a bigger healthpool. And i think that's the reason reinhardt is in almost every lineup

The reason we've got the tank meta is Ana's too-good-of-a-kit syndrome . She has a potential heal of 100 per second without her nade with her nade it's 200 even 3 dps focusing a tank being fuelled like that will have difficulty taking this tank down while also having to deal with the rest of the other team. Add nanoboost to this with the 50% damage reduction and it's a nightmare.

If the tank meta goea it goes because Ana gets nerfed into oblivion.

That said I've played her for 15 hours and to be fair the healing buff of her grenade should be in the 50/60% healing buff range and her clipsize shrunk to either 6 or 8

Nanoboost is fine as it is to be fair but if i could tweak it i'd give it maybe a 5/10% speedboost and damage reduction brought back to 30% the damage increase which is now 50% should be 40% or less

Or leave as it is now and shave off a second

Last is the fact that every friendly hero has an inflated hurtox for rhe friendly ana. Making them hard to miss. I could be firing half a meter next to a rein and still heal him so maybe bringing the inflated hotboxes back to normal for tanks will make sustained healimg more difficult

Squishies need the inflated hurtboxes though :p

Still I'd just rather see all the tanks to be reworked to the point they have 40% bigger healthpools and 40/50% less damage or something

It can be countered though by making the other healers their life a living nightmare. Downside are the three tanks lurking in front of her
My fear is that nerfing Ana in response to the triple tank meta would make her totally unplayable in QP (where it's mostly solo heal and everyone caring about their own *ss).

But yeah you're still on point. Nerfing that grenade is a big start (50% is hard, I was thinking 60-70).
The clip size is fine by me, remember she's the only healer that actually has to reload.

Nanoboost, I'll gladly trade some damage/defense for a slight speed boost, because right now the only viable nano targets are only a handful.

The tanks hitboxes are pretty forgiving, and it's a shame.