--Cheaters everywhere--

General Discussion
Prev 1 4 5 6 8 Next
It's a really bad spot you're in right now, it's not good for you, I was there after playing cs:go. The game forces your mindset to expect cheaters to exist and whenever you get outplayed you link it to cheating. I would expect this kind of post on s.korea forum, since you know there really are that many cheaters there.
02/01/2017 21:37Posted by MegaShiver
I thought (based on WoW and Diablo) they can handle the cheaters better then other companies but as I see they are worse on the FPS side then EA or Activision (Infinity ward).

Diablo 3 has had a massive issues with botters with over 12 months between banwave's. So I don't see your logic. I think they banned some people from OverWatch a few months after the game released.

Plus Blizzard seem to like to gather info and work in the background. So you will only hear of BANS from those who got banned. I often see suspicious activity on the kill cam but not sure how accurate it actually is.
06/01/2017 11:02Posted by Kshaja
It's a really bad spot you're in right now, it's not good for you, I was there after playing cs:go. The game forces your mindset to expect cheaters to exist and whenever you get outplayed you link it to cheating. I would expect this kind of post on s.korea forum, since you know there really are that many cheaters there.

I can only really agree.

Okay, cheaters exist but not much. The rate's fairly lower and Blizzard are pretty great with cheaters. There are players out there who are just good. They either main that hero, or they're just a great player.
06/01/2017 14:44Posted by sedITion
02/01/2017 21:37Posted by MegaShiver
I thought (based on WoW and Diablo) they can handle the cheaters better then other companies but as I see they are worse on the FPS side then EA or Activision (Infinity ward).

Diablo 3 has had a massive issues with botters with over 12 months between banwave's. So I don't see your logic. I think they banned some people from OverWatch a few months after the game released.

Plus Blizzard seem to like to gather info and work in the background. So you will only hear of BANS from those who got banned. I often see suspicious activity on the kill cam but not sure how accurate it actually is.

as far as I know botters in Diablo doesn't make that much influence on your gameplay as in Overwatch, because thats different kind of cheating. In diablo botters only get better items, which doesn't have big impact how well u perform in dungeons. In Overwatch if there is a cheater that ruins the game for the whole party
06/01/2017 16:35Posted by vinstage

I can only really agree.

Okay, cheaters exist but not much. The rate's fairly lower and Blizzard are pretty great with cheaters. There are players out there who are just good. They either main that hero, or they're just a great player.

I don't know where Blizz got this reputation about being good with dealing with cheats, because it's absolutely not the reputation I'm aware of. I'm aware of people playing WoW even now who've been open about botting in BGs for years and never received any kind of sanction for it.

There's been 2 ban waves in 6 months, the latter seemingly very minor that only effected one cheat that was highlighted in a youtube video. They really don't seem to be taking it seriously at all.
06/01/2017 16:35Posted by vinstage

I can only really agree.

Again, with ur amount of playtime dont make that decision. U are low on it. Speak after u played 100-150 hours, till that your statement is invalid.
I've only seen a handful of obvious cheaters. Most of these were wallhacks (Sombra can be quite effective to detect this ^^).
So I wouldn't exactly say that there are cheaters everywhere but that's just my experience.

That being said, this is also a very good reason why they should add the ability to watch replays of your previous games like they do in CS:GO.
Being able to watch the game from the perspective of the person you think was cheating is one of the best ways to see if they're actually cheating or if they were just lucky.
It also helps if you're able to turn features like wallhack on and off during these replays to see if they react to or pre-aim at people through walls.

And it provides you with footage to prove your claim of them being a cheater instead of you simply writing a ticket and letting Blizzard do whatever it is that they do.
06/01/2017 16:53Posted by VurrChachino
I've only seen a handful of obvious cheaters. Most of these were wallhacks (Sombra can be quite effective to detect this ^^).
So I wouldn't exactly say that there are cheaters everywhere but that's just my experience.

That being said, this is also a very good reason why they should add the ability to watch replays of your previous games like they do in CS:GO.
Being able to watch the game from the perspective of the person you think was cheating is one of the best ways to see if they're actually cheating or if they were just lucky.
It also helps if you're able to turn features like wallhack on and off during these replays to see if they react to or pre-aim at people through walls.

And it provides you with footage to prove your claim of them being a cheater instead of you simply writing a ticket and letting Blizzard do whatever it is that they do.

agree about replay, absolutely
bump up:)
06/01/2017 16:43Posted by Jessicka

There's been 2 ban waves in 6 months, the latter seemingly very minor that only effected one cheat that was highlighted in a youtube video. They really don't seem to be taking it seriously at all.

Theres been 8+ in less than 3months, Including 1 this week... Maybe I'll finally reach Diamond this weekend
06/01/2017 22:56Posted by Brady
06/01/2017 16:43Posted by Jessicka

Theres been 8+ in less than 3months, Including 1 this week... Maybe I'll finally reach Diamond this weekend

where did u get this info?
02/01/2017 22:29Posted by DreadofChaos
The people "noticing" cheaters are usually not very good at the game or can't believe other people out there exist that are that much better at the game than they are.

Fully agree. I've seen it so many times and when you check the person accuracy it's totally normal. People just can't believe it you can have a good aim.

plus let's not forget:

Our in-game camera system does not always play back footage at the same fidelity as real-time gameplay (this loss in fidelity applies to the killcam, Plays of the Game, Highlights, and—to a lesser extent—the spectator camera as well). This can sometimes result in a player’s aim appearing more snappy or less fluid in playback than it did in-game.

I don't deny there are cheaters, just not as many as you think.
so a level 25 roadhogg with 100% aim and hook not cheating then

Again, with ur amount of playtime dont make that decision. U are low on it. Speak after u played 100-150 hours, till that your statement is invalid.

So you're bringing playtime into this?

That's really pathetic as playtime doesn't say anything, not even the skill of that player to be honest,

all it says is that you really should get a life.

I've had this game pretty much since the release (May 30th was when I bought) and I spread my time evenly amongst games, and my social life.

So the fact you're bringing playtime into this is honestly humiliating for your sake, and entertaining for mine.
07/01/2017 00:37Posted by MegaShiver
06/01/2017 22:56Posted by Brady

where did u get this info?

A 5 minute google search should be enough, Bans went out Wed/Thu/Fri this week (And over xmas and various other times), not going to copy-pasta replys from forums you dont even need to login to view

http://imgur.com/URNZZK0
https://gyazo.com/d89f8e7cdf686fc95c6cad939ea84730

Just because theres not a forum-post or a "news-story" on some random website doesnt mean that all is quiet on the western front
07/01/2017 11:03Posted by vinstage

So you're bringing playtime into this?

That's really pathetic as playtime doesn't say anything, not even the skill of that player to be honest,

all it says is that you really should get a life.

I've had this game pretty much since the release (May 30th was when I bought) and I spread my time evenly amongst games, and my social life.

So the fact you're bringing playtime into this is honestly humiliating for your sake, and entertaining for mine.

i bring playtime into this coz without it you cant say how much cheaters u already met. If you deny this u are the most pathetic tard i ever met. BTW u already proved that.
I havent ran into any cheaters since I started playing this game (had game since it's earliest beta). Just recently, past couple days have I been noticing cheaters. People who's crosshair never leaves your characters hitbox at all whatsoever even with rapid movement only a foot away. That's inhuman tracking. Did some new free aimbot get released somewhere people are using and arnt getting banned? haha anyway it doesnt help their team overall most of the time but it is annoying to have to deal with regardless.
If you find cheaters, then report them because there is litrally no other way to get rid of them
07/01/2017 10:58Posted by duds
so a level 25 roadhogg with 100% aim and hook not cheating then

Hard to say without knowing how many shots they actually took. Usually when I see a Widow get the Crit card, they haven't even used a full clip the entire match.

It doesn't mean they were cheating, it means they were playing for Accuracy score, and typically not being very helpful.