i cant hear footsteps

General Discussion
i cant hear anything except gun shots. its only noise.
05/01/2017 15:01Posted by WildPants
i cant hear anything except gun shots. its only noise.
listen closer then
Have you tested this in custom with a friend. You sure your just not listening for them? I recommend testing with rein or reaper.
05/01/2017 16:08Posted by Zenai10
Have you tested this in custom with a friend. You sure your just not listening for them? I recommend testing with rein or reaper.
Thing is you can't increase the sound of footsteps alone.
So all the gun firing and abilities will be louder a well.
05/01/2017 16:11Posted by Itzal
05/01/2017 16:08Posted by Zenai10
Thing is you can't increase the sound of footsteps alone.
So all the gun firing and abilities will be louder a well.

But I didn't say increase the volume :o. I said test in custom (because there will be no gun noise). That's why I said he might just not be listening. I myself suck at hearing footsteps.
Well I personally don't have to test it but still - in the middle of a fight I can't hear it which kinda defeats the purpose. If nothing or little is happening it's not a problem.
05/01/2017 16:21Posted by Itzal
Well I personally don't have to test it but still - in the middle of a fight I can't hear it which kinda defeats the purpose. If nothing or little is happening it's not a problem.

Play using headphones and turn on that dolby-atmos, it seems like its just lowered the volume, but you get a lot better idea of where everybody is, although in a fire-fight the guns are much louder so its not an amazing help
I am wearing headphones.
Turning dolby atmos on however creates some unpleasant sound effect like an echo. I don't think it's headphones since well I guess koss porta pro should be ok enough maybe something in the audio settings.