mixed feeling about hook 2.0

General Discussion
The ONLY thing that is making me not completely disregard the new hook as a massive roadhog removing nerf is that when I now hook ana and genji fair and square with complete full los they actually die
Being fair and balanced is something that alot of RoadHog mains are not used to be seems.

6 seconds one shot people with a hitbox of a dinosaur gate and people still cry about it....
The issue people had with hog was pulling people behind the walls, the problem wasn't with hitbox it was with the duration of the hooking where during the hooking you could easily go behind the wall and the hook would go with the hooked player behind the wall and pull him out.

But honestly hog is a hero that is just designed horribly, sole strength of hog is landing hook reliably, change that and you have unbalanced hero either way. It was too strong to be honest and not in number sense, just pure mechanic of pulling a hero not giving him a way to counter his death is bad.

I don't like how he's more of a 600hp dps then a support tank hero he's supposed to be... I think making a hook faster and insta stopping momentum, adding a flash bang effect at the end of the hook but disabling shotgun for the duration of it would help make him into support/tank hero, since it would require a team effort in killing a pulled victim. That would remove roaming hog/dps play we see often. I know he wouldn't be that much fun then, but consider the fact that a lot of that fun comes from being too strong in certain situations...
06/01/2017 10:53Posted by ANimaLxJuiCE
Being fair and balanced is something that alot of RoadHog mains are not used to be seems.

6 seconds one shot people with a hitbox of a dinosaur gate and people still cry about it....

There's nothing fair and balanced about the LOS breaking of hook, see this and you understand why:

06/01/2017 09:22Posted by amokK
https://gfycat.com/LividFragrantClam
Fix? Hardcore nerf imho.

It breaks the whole ability AND hero, making it and him useless.
06/01/2017 11:21Posted by Nasibihc
06/01/2017 10:53Posted by ANimaLxJuiCE

There's nothing fair and balanced about the LOS breaking of hook, see this and you understand why:

06/01/2017 09:22Posted by amokK
https://gfycat.com/LividFragrantClam
Fix? Hardcore nerf imho.

Yhe you are right there is nothing fair and balanced in hitting 1 time a projectile every 6 seconds and being able to kill every one.

63 h with RoadHog and you say that will be toatlly usless. To be fair imo this sound like a rant from someone who used to abuse the hooks exploits alot.

It's so fair being grabbed behind corners, below the payload , below the bridges right ? Deny totally a cover to someone is so fair right ? Now you have to snap a grab with an immence hitbox , hold m1 and it will automatically kill someone due the distance reduction that it has.

It may sound like Im salty and dammit this is right. Im salty because it's so unfair that im in a high ground seeking cover from a hook that totally deny it. My position is proper i don't do any mistake about seeking cover in time and a Road Hog have to punish me because an exploit ? Is this fair ?
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Yhe you are right there is nothing fair and balanced in hitting 1 time a projectile every 6 seconds and being able to kill every one.

63 h with RoadHog and you say that will be toatlly usless. To be fair imo this sound like a rant from someone who used to abuse the hooks exploits alot.

It's so fair being grabbed behind corners, below the payload , below the bridges right ? Deny totally a cover to someone is so fair right ? Now you have to snap a grab with an immence hitbox , hold m1 and it will automatically kill someone due the distance reduction that it has.

It may sound like Im salty and dammit this is right. Im salty because it's so unfair that im in a high ground seeking cover from a hook that totally deny it. My position is proper i don't do any mistake about seeking cover in time and a Road Hog have to punish me because an exploit ? Is this fair ?

If you'd actually watch the GIF I put you'd understand that it's now EASY to abuse the LOS break of the hook. If it works like that it'll break the hero.

Even the most basic gameplay mechanism at the moment is to PEEK around corners to shoot people, everybody does that, it's a basic way to play the game. Now Roadhog can't even hook those players peeking around the corner because it's really easy for them to just go behind the corner again and abuse the fact that the hook will instantly break. This breaks the whole ability.
06/01/2017 11:54Posted by Nasibihc

If you'd actually watch the GIF I put you'd understand that it's now EASY to abuse the LOS break of the hook. If it works like that it'll break the hero.

Since i cant link the stupid video, go stand near illios well, hook anybody from any direction, then spin 180 till your looking at the well, oh look a dead person falling in the well, Clearly even better than before for enviromental kills because you can drop them anywhere within a 360 of yourself

EDIT: Excuse the crap quality

https://gyazo.com/d0324712bf667b7869e7ba8d02927c66

Even the most basic gameplay mechanism at the moment is to PEEK around corners to shoot people, everybody does that, it's a basic way to play the game. Now Roadhog can't even hook those players peeking around the corner because it's really easy for them to just go behind the corner again and abuse the fact that the hook will instantly break. This breaks the whole ability.

What im gonna say it could sound childish :

But for real im happy that for now is like this ; in the future i would like to see it fixed again because yes in some maps it's a cheap and easy way to counter the hook.
But for 9 months we ate Road Hog mains that get used of these exploit and abused those till the exasperation.
I see the situation right now like a taste of your own medicine, and for some months it's super fair that remain like this.
06/01/2017 12:31Posted by Brady

Since i cant link the stupid video, go stand near illios well, hook anybody from any direction, then spin 180 till your looking at the well, oh look a dead person falling in the well, Clearly even better than before for enviromental kills because you can drop them anywhere within a 360 of yourself

I don't understand why you quoted me on the LOS phrase, it has nothing to do with what you said. What you said is just the new mechanism how hook brings the target in front of the hog so you can actually do a trick like that. But yeah that's something people can abuse too, but it's not the issue what I was talking about.
06/01/2017 12:37Posted by Nasibihc

I don't understand why you quoted me on the LOS phrase, it has nothing to do with what you said. What you said is just the new mechanism how hook brings the target in front of the hog so you can actually do a trick like that. But yeah that's something people can abuse too, but it's not the issue what I was talking about.

You said it breaks the hero, when he's now not any better or worse... You cant hook around "objects", but you can now hook people off the map from any direction., swings and roundabouts,

I actually did mean to quote a different part though you are correct "This breaks the whole ability."

Either way I would imagine that they will end up "tweaking" both, as some of those hooks should still clearly hook, and as blizz says "There is a cap on how far 'to the side' you can be pulled, so you can't just hook someone, spin 180, and dump someone off a cliff."

You said it breaks the hero, when he's now not any better or worse... You cant hook around "objects", but you can now hook people off the map from any direction., swings and roundabouts,

I actually did mean to quote a different part though you are correct "This breaks the whole ability."

Either way I would imagine that they will end up "tweaking" both, as some of those hooks should still clearly hook, and as blizz says "There is a cap on how far 'to the side' you can be pulled, so you can't just hook someone, spin 180, and dump someone off a cliff."

Hook was perfectly fine on the pulling part before this nerf, it was just the latency that made people think it's "broken". It's good now that Ana, reaper, mei etc, actually get pulled closer so you can really kill them if you manage to hook them, but the los breaking of the hook is too high of a nerf.

They should make it somewhat so that there's no "hide time" in the hook pulling. If you get pulled, you'd get pulled instantly and not a split second after so you could hide behind a wall and break the hook. There's absolutely no sense in that and made people think that the hook is "broken" when they actually did get hooked but just ran behind a wall before the "pulling effect" could take place, so it "seemed" like you'd get pulled through a wall, when in fact you didn't. The client side on the victim just made it seem like that.
06/01/2017 12:41Posted by JaggSauce
06/01/2017 12:34Posted by ANimaLxJuiCE

What im gonna say it could sound childish :

But for real im happy that for now is like this ; in the future i would like to see it fixed again because yes in some maps it's a cheap and easy way to counter the hook.
But for 9 months we ate Road Hog mains that get used of these exploit and abused those till the exasperation.
I see the situation right now like a taste of your own medicine, and for some months it's super fair that remain like this.

well, you were right, you do sound incredibly childish.
balancing characters around their previous "sins" is pretty damn stupid.
its good that people like you don't get to make the decisions in the game, you simply can't design a game properly when you hold a grudge against certain characters due to a design flaw.

Harrassing as you do everytime is more mature and less childish i assume .
06/01/2017 13:07Posted by JaggSauce
06/01/2017 12:59Posted by ANimaLxJuiCE

Harrassing as you do everytime is more mature and less childish i assume .

how am i harassing people?
like seriously, how sensitive are you?
gtfo bro

Yhe im sorry , because you are not harrassing anyone , i will "gtfo brha " since you are "not harrassing anyone ".
06/01/2017 12:54Posted by Nasibihc

Hook was perfectly fine on the pulling part before this nerf, it was just the latency that made people think it's "broken".

You couldnt be more wrong mate. The problem is that the hook was not a projectile but a hitscan in terms of "favor of the attacker" and the hitbox is big like a truck. If only a pixel of your character is out of the corner you shouldnt be EVER able to hook somenone and that was not the case. THAT is whats broken.

06/01/2017 12:54Posted by Nasibihc

They should make it somewhat so that there's no "hide time" in the hook pulling. If you get pulled, you'd get pulled instantly and not a split second after so you could hide behind a wall and break the hook. There's absolutely no sense in that and made people think that the hook is "broken" when they actually did get hooked but just ran behind a wall before the "pulling effect" could take place, so it "seemed" like you'd get pulled through a wall, when in fact you didn't. The client side on the victim just made it seem like that.

Yeah sure you want a teleport skill that when you press it it instantly teleports the player near. Do you want it to autoshoot too + melee ? because it sounds like you want a insta kill button on sight with a complete rework of the skill pal, just saying.
I do also want my travel time to be removed with my pharah rockets but guess what, its not going to happen. Thats a skill design :p