Blaming others

General Discussion
Can people not understand that they did bad also. It's always "noob team" or "F u team" they never take the blame themselves are they so up their own !@# that they can't accept that they contributed to the loss of their team.
I play Mercy usually and i can admit that i should've micromanaged team mates health a bit more or i should've stayed on our tank .
It just seems like a lot of people have some elitism complexion.
When you get gold medals on pretty much everything then yeah its ok to blame the rest of your team.
Gold medals doesn't tell the whole story though and in the bottom of it all is the concept of a team based game. If the team is bad then you're going nowhere.

However blaming one individual is completely wrong unless that player has been AFK. A Reaper can be "bad" on damage done but have been working behind the lines to interrupt them enough to give the front line time to team up, he's not gold on eliminations and objective time but he has done his job to the letter.

Blaming others is just an excuse to cover up ones own shortcomings. As said, in the end, it's a team based game and the better team wins all the time. So playing the blame game simply doesn't cut it.
10/01/2017 22:17Posted by Pharazon
Gold medals doesn't tell the whole story though and in the bottom of it all is the concept of a team based game. If the team is bad then you're going nowhere.
Or gold medals (unless maybe the obj ones) basically don't say much about your ability to team play. Best example happened a few days ago: we had a D.Va with us on defending Hollywood map. We were all grouped up on the point and she was camping their spawn, even if we told her numerous times to join us and tank on the point. After they took the point she still insisted on playing alone, like a flanker, trying to pick off kills and solo-ulting. We ended up losing that game and she started whining on chat about her having gold medals in kills and damage as the tank. Well, that said more about her tanking ability than our dps, to be honest.
My favorite is when your playing Winston and I see "Winston your to far back in their team, group up." I think to myself "did he really just say that..." Anyways continue the story, he complains about having the golds. So I asked "How many kills buddy?" He replies "53" I reply "51." So stop acting like your doing all the damn work and your whining.

Objective time I was bronze while Gold was 12secs higher then me
Damage I was about 2,000 damage less Silver medal
Objective kills I had 14 bronze while gold had 18
Or another situation occurs when you're completely getting stomped by the enemy team because they are better coordinated, have a better comp, just have better players, or for whatever reason... And then the whining begins: "I have gold kills as the healer you noobs"

Stop thinking that means you are carrying people. It means you managed to get 3 kills and got gold with it... other players who have 3 kills also get gold then. The point is, when you're getting overrun medals even mean less. If you can't get any heals through, or can't tank the damage the opposite team is doing, your dps isn't going to get any kills either. That's the nature of the game, because it is a team game. If you are completely overrun, it just means that currently you are a worse team than the enemy, and medals mean nothing anymore.
I always blame someone else when I get Gold in eliminations and objective time as non-DPS. When I am on the objective and everyone else is somewhere else it's hard to find your own mistakes because they are overshadowed by your teammates' bigger mistakes.

10/01/2017 23:47Posted by Snowieken
Or another situation occurs when you're completely getting stomped by the enemy team because they are better coordinated, have a better comp, just have better players, or for whatever reason... And then the whining begins: "I have gold kills as the healer you noobs"

Stop thinking that means you are carrying people. It means you managed to get 3 kills and got gold with it... other players who have 3 kills also get gold then. The point is, when you're getting overrun medals even mean less. If you can't get any heals through, or can't tank the damage the opposite team is doing, your dps isn't going to get any kills either. That's the nature of the game, because it is a team game. If you are completely overrun, it just means that currently you are a worse team than the enemy, and medals mean nothing anymore.

When I'm healer and have gold Eliminations with 3 I am aware that I am not carrying the team. I am also aware that the rest of my team is bad since the DPS weren't able to get more kills than 3.
11/01/2017 00:20Posted by Smeller
I always blame someone else when I get Gold in eliminations and objective time as non-DPS. When I am on the objective and everyone else is somewhere else it's hard to find your own mistakes because they are overshadowed by your teammates' bigger mistakes.

10/01/2017 23:47Posted by Snowieken

When I'm healer and have gold Eliminations with 3 I am aware that I am not carrying the team. I am also aware that the rest of my team is bad since the DPS weren't able to get more kills than 3.
I was talking about situations where you get completely overrun by the enemy team, which means the entire team was performing badly or there was something seriously wrong with the composition. Of course, when you're the only one on the objective and everyone seems to be everywhere else on the map, then feel free to blame them for that. That's another story, which by the way also has nothing to do with medals.

My point is, when the entire team is performing badly and the healers can't land heals or the tanks can't tank enough damage, dps can't land kills as well because they are dead all the time. Even if you get gold elims as a healer, it can be because you didn't do your job properly as well and the dps was dead all the time - but mostly it's just because of the entire team.

It's a team game, don't assume you didn't play bad just because you have gold damage/kills.
Can people not understand that they did bad also.
If they did.
If you join game especially as a backfill and you see a Hanzo and Genji sucking hard against Winston and another Genji yeah they absolutely "did bad" they fckn failed. When everyone on your team take a charge from Rein to their face numerous times even characters like 76 and dva staying far away from it.
Matter of fact if literally no one else wants to change - because most problems come from this, it doesn't matter how much you healed them, how many charging Reinhardts you slept how many people you've killed. It doesn't matter that you did over 10500 healing as Ana in 2 rounds on KOTH if there's a Hanzo on your team that doesn't want to change until you swap to Reaper you will suck and will be losing. It doesn't matter how much you tried as a healer to heal them if they're so stupid they can't grasp the concept of turning around and killing Sombra/Tracer/ect while knowing that they're gonna be behind.

And it's always your team that makes awful picks like that and never change. Why when you get same bs like Hanzo+WM on the opposite team they change as soon as you pick Genji and kill them a couple of times? How the hell they have enough brains to pick Mei and 76 after that but your teammates do that in like 0,0001% of games?
It's easier to blame your teammates than accept you also had a part to play in the defeat.
Does it really bother you? I remember when the internet as a whole was less toxic and i had to grew into this circus of trolls and primordial behavior of others. Im completely dead inside now when it comes down to people like this. They can rant and swear all day, i dont give a damn.
as a high gold genji main

what is this team thing you speak of?