Huge Rez Achievement

General Discussion
Does anyone else have a hard time trying to get this achievement?
I've have 15 hours playing Mercy and i haven't come close to getting it. Why does Mercy have an achievement that requires her to let her team die. I could be an !@# not heal my team and try to get it that way but i don't want to act like an $%^ just for a spray.
Genrally its a lot easier to get it in the low levels when people aren't experienced at avoiding ults
Have you tried getting the Dicord Orb achievment?
got it after 18 hours of playing mercy. got rekked by a widow so was on my way back just as I rounded the corner on eichenwalde my team was caught in graviton surge while phara rained justice.

5 man res :D
12/01/2017 17:39Posted by Johnc95
Why does Mercy have an achievement that requires her to let her team die.

Care to explain why it is Mercy's fault if her teammates are getting killed by instakill ults like Junkrat's?

Just keep playing and try not to use your ult as soon as someone dies. Getting the achievement is fairly easy if you have rez ready when your team is engaging hot spots, like payload, control point. Stay in cover, heal/dmg boost in range, but do not show yourself to the enemy if you do not have to.
This, like a lot of the achievements isn't one you can really 'chase'; it's just something that'll happen at some point purely almost by chance. It'll happen though.
12/01/2017 17:39Posted by Johnc95
Why does Mercy have an achievement that requires her to let her team die.

Care to explain why it is Mercy's fault if her teammates are getting killed by instakill ults like Junkrat's?.

I 'm not saying it's Mercy's fault, Plus if your whole team die then it's their own dumb fault for not scattering when hearing "fire in the hole".
Plus that's situational alot of the games i play people know how to dodge/counter Ults.
The problem i usually have is people die too far away from each other so the most i rezzed was 4 people as the other one respawned.
I know it's not the hardest (that goes to the floor is lava achievement imo) but it's just i like to micromanage and keep everyone at full health, as a Mercy should do, i think.
Mercy's res is a coordination ult - basically calling out to her team to be more aggressive or not using a single ult in the big inc team wipe.

In QP though everyone is usually more spread that Kim Kardashian's legs so it's super hard getting it in qp, basically its all down to the right choke - forcing both teams to have a actual teamfight.

So if you really want the achievement, go competitive and be a vocal mercy.
I see that a lot of people get it when they have died early in a battle and arrive on a scene just as an ult wipes out their team. Hero rez to the rescue.

But really, the key is to be aware of what ults your enemy has ready and to be prepared to have a safe 'escape' when it happens so you are ready to rez.
got it my first try as mercy along side group health plan

it was my first time playing mercy and I don't even play her lmao
I had a rough time, because people were not so dumb to go face first into ults, but I got lucky with some Soldier killing our people and got it off.

I've had a harder time with some other achievements though.
You should tell your team that you have res and they should die on point. After that it is easy. Also in a map like Temple of Anubis, last point defense, it is not that hard to pull it off. I got mine there without trying.
Keep trying and save your ult for when you attack the point.

I mean i got blackout in comp for Sombra and that emp'ing 6 people at once
I've yet to get this one because I tend to try and avoid people dying in the first place. And if someone dies - be it only 1 or 2 - I still ress them because even 1 McCree or Soldier 76 is going to increase my chances to surviving more than I can on my own.

I'll probably get it eventually. But for now it has eluded me.
The achivment is aimed at dodging a ult wombo or ult, usually involving Zarya. Have to be careful.
13/01/2017 14:03Posted by Pharazon
I've yet to get this one because I tend to try and avoid people dying in the first place. And if someone dies - be it only 1 or 2 - I still ress them because even 1 McCree or Soldier 76 is going to increase my chances to surviving more than I can on my own.

I'll probably get it eventually. But for now it has eluded me.

Don rez so hastily. Back in the day when you could charge it relatively fast, it wasn't an issue to do single or double rez. However, the cd was nerfed twice and now you should hold back with using it, waiting for the right time. Also, don't res for your own safety, no one cares about your well-being as long as the team is advancing/holding position. You'll die, sometimes a lot, still winning games because you used that res at the right time.

Before you use rez, keep a sharp eye out on your team and try to separate those who are valuable from those who aren't. At your SR, it is likely you mostly play 1 tank 1 heal comps, the tank takes precedence over anything, the rest is bonus if you can. If your team plays it out right and is concentrating on the objective, just stay back, stay alive and wait for the right moment.
13/01/2017 18:18Posted by s0laris
Don rez so hastily. Back in the day when you could charge it relatively fast, it wasn't an issue to do single or double rez. However, the cd was nerfed twice and now you should hold back with using it, waiting for the right time. Also, don't res for your own safety, no one cares about your well-being as long as the team is advancing/holding position. You'll die, sometimes a lot, still winning games because you used that res at the right time.

Before you use rez, keep a sharp eye out on your team and try to separate those who are valuable from those who aren't. At your SR, it is likely you mostly play 1 tank 1 heal comps, the tank takes precedence over anything, the rest is bonus if you can. If your team plays it out right and is concentrating on the objective, just stay back, stay alive and wait for the right moment.

I disagree with this one, simply because a healer off in the respawn chamber can as well lose the match. I honestly don't feel that the change to the ultimate charge is in any way problematic, and if I can ress someone that has just died then first of those can get back into the fight and deal damage and they serve to protect me. Changing between assisting and healing, means the charge is relatively short.

And please don't judge by SR, it's an artificial number without any actual purpose to it. Normally there's a 2-2-2 meta going on with me as either tank or healer, and when I play as a Mercy I only do so if the team composition is correct, else it's either Ana or Lucio. Playing as a Mercy is about staying alive, staying with your team and get them up and back into the fight. Per example getting a Soldier 76 up averaging at 12 damage per shot and a 120 dps, means that the difference between him being dead and respawning and alive is over 1200 damage or more (not factoring in helix rockets).
I've gotten this plently of times. You'll find in there is ALWAYS a play where the other team go i as i call it "ult ham" to team wipe and catch point or objective. I can usually tell when this is (End of compt round or game) so instead of healing my team i hide let the enemy use their ults then rez everyone. Advantage us.
13/01/2017 18:28Posted by Pharazon

I disagree with this one, simply because a healer off in the respawn chamber can as well lose the match. I honestly don't feel that the change to the ultimate charge is in any way problematic, and if I can ress someone that has just died then first of those can get back into the fight and deal damage and they serve to protect me. Changing between assisting and healing, means the charge is relatively short.

And please don't judge by SR, it's an artificial number without any actual purpose to it. Normally there's a 2-2-2 meta going on with me as either tank or healer, and when I play as a Mercy I only do so if the team composition is correct, else it's either Ana or Lucio. Playing as a Mercy is about staying alive, staying with your team and get them up and back into the fight. Per example getting a Soldier 76 up averaging at 12 damage per shot and a 120 dps, means that the difference between him being dead and respawning and alive is over 1200 damage or more (not factoring in helix rockets).

Except that the rest of your team could have died right after your rez and that 1200 (not factoring in helix rockets) damage you are aiding is now getting swallowed by a D.va def matrix while the entire enemy team is charging the two of you. No, you cannot afford single rez, trust me. Especially not when you are far from the spawn. If you die after a wasted rez, you wont be charging it on the way back.
13/01/2017 18:46Posted by s0laris
13/01/2017 18:28Posted by Pharazon

Except that the rest of your team could have died right after your rez and that 1200 (not factoring in helix rockets) damage you are aiding is now getting swallowed by a D.va def matrix while the entire enemy team is charging the two of you. No, you cannot afford single rez, trust me. Especially not when you are far from the spawn. If you die after a wasted rez, you wont be charging it on the way back.

That's always a possibility, or it might as well be the overtime trigger needed. There are numerous variables and ways of looking at it and hogging an ultimate can as well be as devastating as using it at the wrong time.

As with any ultimate, its usage depends on the situation. I find that ressing 1 or 2 players is far more advantageous than most of the time than hogging it and waiting for that one special moment where you could also end up dying and your team loses, and your ultimate goes unused and wasted.