Yeah nah what happened to good sportsmanship? etc

General Discussion
Surely a fair chunk of you guys have played WoW? Or any other multiplayer/online game thats had a great social atmosphere at some point in the past 5-10 years

Can we just go back to that o_o as paaainful as some matches can be.

Do you remember that adorable scared new raider? Before LFR and those pre training methods. And people would just be willing to say 'Ye first time this fight' and its like awww @@ dont worry we got you!

Can people just chill out over Quickplay, I know its said too often and I am taking the match seriously, but i'm not learning a tank or healer this match k because ive probably been support the last 5 -_-

And especially chill out over Competitive, ive heard a guy cry during my time in silver. Be constructive and I guess as patient as possible when requesting toon changes. Ive been there with the wtf picks too :/ solo heals with just a Roadhog or something on a defense map like Kings Row. Attack, maybe. Defense? !@#$ you guys.

Its hard but please, keep the chill. And its mega annoying hearing 2-3 people arguing and clogging up chat, cant hear footsteps k? sh.
18/01/2017 16:51Posted by DramaLlama
And especially chill out over Competitive, ive heard a guy cry during my time in silver. Be constructive and I guess as patient as possible when requesting toon changes. Ive been there with the wtf picks too :/ solo heals with just a Roadhog or something on a defense map like Kings Row. Attack, maybe. Defense? !@#$ you guys.

It is well that you are so chilled and confident. The f.uck you guys and appertaining complaint was just a slip of the key---board..
funny
Oh come on o.O its just a bit of banter. Its not like I actually say that every game and tell people KYS

I just meant when you see those worrying toon choices is when you sit there thinking 'wtf you lot?' weve all been there lol
to be fair as soon as you add a competitive aspect to games the whole community goes downhill.

that said games like wow are mostly PvE if I'm not mistaken which takes away most of the crap that comes with PvP games. you're not playing vs bots but vs people and people are trash
Good sportsmanship? Great social atmosphere? In Wow? I must've ran with horrible crowds then.

I encountered some of the worst, most self-entitled toxic pricks through 7 years of playing it. Especially in the PvE scene.

I'm talking about those 15-year-olds who tried their very hardest to become alpha males through Ventrilo. Guild princesses that couldn't play the game at all, but always retained raid spots along with any loot they desired. Not to mention all the ninjaing, gang-ups and petty cyber bullying? You know exactly what I mean.

On topic, perhaps you ought to mute people? If you honestly can't focus because people keep on yelling, hitting that mute button seems like a reasonable solution.
I do :p but theres no denying once that all kicks up it puts a bad vibe on the game. People just start AFK typing and throwing even more once it goes that far. I suppose my poorly made point was have a little more patience, if you can xD

WoW definitely had its downer moments, why I quit early WoD. First 4 xpacs my server had a great community, horde and alliance working together at those times when alliance lacked numbers to gain access to Wintergrasp or TolBarad, everyone knew eachother *shrug*.

I know exaaactly what you mean ;-; I suppose I was mostly lucky, things really go downhill as you lose your core/mates and players though lol
The reason I barely play competitive is because, first of all... I kinda suck compared to everyone else. And it doesn't help at all when a random guy at level 30 is telling his entire team, "if we lose, all of you are f****ng dead, you hear me?" Considering that and that I'm kinda bad AND that I have anxiety, it keeps me on edge the whole game and then have to take a 5 minute break to calm down.
This might sound strange, but if you think you suck compared to everyone else maybe you SHOULD play competitive. Sure the placement matches will probably not go so well, but once you settle in at your skill level there will be a bigger chance for you to end up with players of the same skill level, allowing you to contribute more to your team (and maybe feeling less anxious because of it?).

Community wise, I've noticed no difference between quick play and comp. It's just a random in both, sometimes you get a great and friendly team and sometimes you don't. And if someone goes on a flaming spree it really doesn't matter if it happens in quick play or comp.
Alright, maybe I didn't word that very well. I mean that compared to most of my team, I do mediocre (get it?). I mean, when I'm a soldier or a roadhog, and I have barely any kills, that isn't the greatest.
19/01/2017 06:39Posted by Sturmy
Good sportsmanship? Great social atmosphere? In Wow? I must've ran with horrible crowds then.

I encountered some of the worst, most self-entitled toxic pricks through 7 years of playing it. Especially in the PvE scene.

I'm talking about those 15-year-olds who tried their very hardest to become alpha males through Ventrilo. Guild princesses that couldn't play the game at all, but always retained raid spots along with any loot they desired. Not to mention all the ninjaing, gang-ups and petty cyber bullying? You know exactly what I mean.

On topic, perhaps you ought to mute people? If you honestly can't focus because people keep on yelling, hitting that mute button seems like a reasonable solution.

Why on earth would you be in a guild thats not 21+, Thats asking for it right there.
19/01/2017 17:31Posted by Junkrat
19/01/2017 06:39Posted by Sturmy

Why on earth would you be in a guild thats not 21+, Thats asking for it right there.

Age doesnt matter on online games really, my guildmaster was 35 and he was giving the items that his irl friends need and then he started to give out the leftovers to others. ( It happened twice and I left the guild anyway).

Online gaming brings alot of rage from others, its in human nature, when we get angry or something bad happens , first we try to find an excuse to satisfy ourselves then we have realized that it could be actually ourselves ( which rarely happens on onlinegaming duh)