2 Types of DDs?

General Discussion
So atm I am in lower Diamond, maining DD and I'm wondering if it is worth focusing on one of the 2 types of damage dealer.

• The projectile ones (Phara, Genji, Hanzo, Mei, Junkrat, Torbjorn)
  • The hitscan ones (Tracer, McCree, Soldier, Reaper, Widow, Sombra, Bastion)
  • I see a lot of pros maining one of those two types, but I'm wondering if you can actually be good at dd in general and be able to play both types.

I have a lot of fun playing Genji and Phara but on the other hand i also wanna play McCree and Soldier for example. What do you guys think?
    I don't really get the categories.
    Yeah, what do you mean by "particel"?
    06/01/2017 13:58Posted by Avian

He means projectile with non particle being hitscan.
    06/01/2017 14:02Posted by Jimmyrustler
    06/01/2017 13:58Posted by Avian

He means projectile with non particle being hitscan.

damn projectile was the word i was looking for xD
    06/01/2017 13:34Posted by GamingBull
    So atm I am in lower Diamond, maining DD and I'm wondering if it is worth focusing on one of the 2 types of damage dealer.

• The projectile ones (Phara, Genji, Hanzo, Mei, Junkrat, Torbjorn)
  • The non-projectile ones (Tracer, McCree, Soldier, Reaper, Widow, Sombra, Bastion)
  • I see a lot of pros maining one of those two types, but I'm wondering if you can actually be good at dd in general and be able to play both types.

I have a lot of fun playing Genji and Phara but on the other hand i also wanna play McCree and Soldier for example. What do you guys think?

I mean hitscan is decent a good way to take out a pharah, most should learn a hitscan
    Probably doesnt make sense just now to just focus on either Hitscan or Projectile if you are equal at both (unless you run in a permanent 6stack, then I would stick to improving one)

I cant play Pharah/Genji for toffee (Because I'm too lazy or old to learn them enough to be "good") So just stick to Hitscans, but if i could play both then I would
    I think you should master the other catagories.. aka tanks and supports
    don't be the useless dickbag who insta-lock dps and ends up sucking
    Shouldn't really be maining in comp, the majority of your hours being soldier with a 36% win rate may indicate you need some more practice in qp. Soldier, mccree, well any damage dealer are high value heroes, if you have the mechanical ability to punish and enemy support when they're out of position or even exploit an opening then dd is for you; there may be other players in your group more suited to the role with this in mind. Try being more flexible as you're now low plat and a drop from low diamond paints a picture.
    06/01/2017 20:26Posted by Yafoos
    I think you should master the other catagories.. aka tanks and supports
    don't be the useless dickbag who insta-lock dps and ends up sucking

I am able to play any category decently, why am i not allowed to main damage dealer? Neither do I instalock a certain hero, nor do I mind taking another role if someone is better or just wants to play dd really badly.

06/01/2017 20:27Posted by EISMCSQ
    Shouldn't really be maining in comp, the majority of your hours being soldier with a 36% win rate may indicate you need some more practice in qp. Soldier, mccree, well any damage dealer are high value heroes, if you have the mechanical ability to punish and enemy support when they're out of position or even exploit an opening then dd is for you; there may be other players in your group more suited to the role with this in mind. Try being more flexible as you're now low plat and a drop from low diamond paints a picture.

Well you know, you win some, you lose some. And I got to diamond with exactly those heroes. And I don't get the point of playing quickplay, if competitive ranks will get you right there where you belong to eventually. If that is lower platin, I'm fine with that, but that doesn't prevent me from playing ranked, does it?
    What sets a pro player and amateur player apart is the ability to adapt.

Just because you main something should not mean you should limit yourself to just that one hero or just that one role.

The best thing to do is find what suits your style, understand how that hero works and then apply that hero to your team and make it work.
    09/01/2017 20:11Posted by GamingBull
    Well you know, you win some, you lose some. And I got to diamond with exactly those heroes. And I don't get the point of playing quickplay, if competitive ranks will get you right there where you belong to eventually. If that is lower platin, I'm fine with that, but that doesn't prevent me from playing ranked, does it?

A very selfish look on things, there are 5 other people on your team trying to rank up, some of them putting hours into practicing a range of heroes so their team can have an advantage. Then there's you, who does not consider the 5 other humans on the other side of a computer.