New Meta Inc

General Discussion
After the dva massacre and roadhog now being useless with his new hook, im happy we wont be seeing tank meta anymore, im interested to see which comp will be the most strongest when patch comes out.

Lets hope these changes go through
If you think tank meta is gone I assure you, there will still be a Rein+Zarya every game. Add Soldier and Lucio to that. That leaves us with the last 6 pick, which will be Genji or Hanzo. I'm already puking in my mouth thinking of how boring those games will be.

And if the tank meta is trully gone, that also means good-bye to Zenyatta and Reaper. Sombra will have a harder time too since she'll get instant killed the moment she goes out of invis AND her ulti will build up slower cause she doesn't have those fat tanks as target.
08/01/2017 19:03Posted by Schrödinger
If you think tank meta is gone I assure you, there will still be a Rein+Zarya every game. Add Soldier and Lucio to that. That leaves us with the last 6 pick, which will be Genji or Hanzo. I'm already puking in my mouth thinking of how boring those games will be.

And if the tank meta is trully gone, that also means good-bye to Zenyatta and Reaper. Sombra will have a harder time too since she'll get instant killed the moment she goes out of invis AND her ulti will build up slower cause she doesn't have those fat tanks as target.

Lets find out and see what happens, i can see 1 tank, 2 healers and 3 dps meta but doubt it, would be fun thou
I seriously doubt the new hook will go live.

The hook shouldn't break because the victim passed a blade of grass.
Winston, Reinhardt, and Zarya will end up being more viable choices. I imagine more like the tanks that are picked will change. As for the hook, I have to agree with hamburger. It breaks to easy, anything obstructs sight, even if it's a tree thats paper thin it cancels hook. This is silly.
Winston and Genji wil return with a vengeancee so will zarya.
mccree wil be better again and reaper wont be outclassed as mutch by roadhog and has less trouble with dva now.
Great.... we go back to every single match being 2 teams of Rein, Zarya, Lucio, Ana, Soldier with only Reaper/Pharah ever being changed. like it was before..... personally i like the current meta better.... not that anyone followed it on the teams i played in.
08/01/2017 19:03Posted by Schrödinger

And if the tank meta is trully gone, that also means good-bye to Zenyatta and Reaper.

Reaper is too weak to be meta. His kit has to be looked at to make him useful.
If they also nerf soldier the new meta might actually be great.
DVA, Soldier, and Symmetra in almost every game. Symmetra is so overpowered now, if you get within her beam you are dead in 2 seconds. And she has enough health now that you could be shooting her in the face and she will still win every time.
08/01/2017 20:00Posted by Lewdog
DVA, Soldier, and Symmetra in almost every game. Symmetra is so overpowered now, if you get within her beam you are dead in 2 seconds. And she has enough health now that you could be shooting her in the face and she will still win every time.

You know, it is funny that you say Symm OP when you have most of your playtime with Junkrat and Pharah in QP, both are countering Symm.
08/01/2017 20:06Posted by s0laris
08/01/2017 20:00Posted by Lewdog

You know, it is funny that you say Symm OP when you have most of your playtime with Junkrat and Pharah in QP, both are countering Symm.

I play Soldier and Sombra a lot too... but it doesn't matter who you are, if you get within her beam you die. end of story. And what good is Pharah on Symmetra when she spends a lot of time under cover unless it is a map like route 66.
I think wie are ging to see a "shields meta". Rein Zarya are must picks and when roadhog is really that Kind of useless( i don't exspect this) we will probably get a symmetra( she is op) lucio kombo. Have you ever seen a speed boosted symmetra? I bet you can imagine how annoying that is. The other spots are probably DPS or a d.VA DPS kombo. Thanx for reading my opinion an may the Dragons be with you!