Lucio needs a buff

General Discussion
Hello guys,

I'm an overwatch player since august, I've been in competitive season 2 and 3, and this season, and I played lucio for 40 hours, almost whenever I play overwatch. Lucio is easy to play, but hard to survive with it. After buffing symmetra, roadhog, (and possible upcoming bastion), staying alive with lucio is x2 harder from now on. I can easily survive dps' tanks, i couldn't dps much but it's enough for me. But everytime roadhog hooks me, symmetra locks on me, i know I'm a dead man. There is no way out. I can't use effectively anymore, my kill/death ratio has decreased. This problem should be solved at once. I don't know how, increasing health to 250? new ability? who knows? All i know is Lucio has become very vulnerable hero, even in the team fights and all i want is among all other character buffs, remember Lucio.

Let me know about your opinions!
Lucio is the healer with the best survivability imo.
anyone who gets hooked or locked on by Symm is usually dead not just Lucio. Learning to wall ride effectively can increase your survivability a ton too.
1 word: Positioning.
Lucio is still strong.

05/02/2017 17:23Posted by Johnc95
anyone who gets hooked or locked on by Symm is usually dead not just Lucio. Learning to wall ride effectively can increase your survivability a ton too.

Roadhog hook is a death sentence but you can easily escape from symmetra with your push and speed aura/boost or wallriding.
05/02/2017 17:10Posted by FeanorNacre
Hello guys,

I'm an overwatch player since august, I've been in competitive season 2 and 3, and this season, and I played lucio for 40 hours, almost whenever I play overwatch. Lucio is easy to play, but hard to survive with it. After buffing symmetra, roadhog, (and possible upcoming bastion), staying alive with lucio is x2 harder from now on. I can easily survive dps' tanks, i couldn't dps much but it's enough for me. But everytime roadhog hooks me, symmetra locks on me, i know I'm a dead man. There is no way out. I can't use effectively anymore, my kill/death ratio has decreased. This problem should be solved at once. I don't know how, increasing health to 250? new ability? who knows? All i know is Lucio has become very vulnerable hero, even in the team fights and all i want is among all other character buffs, remember Lucio.

Let me know about your opinions!

Ill admit, id love to see the old lucio like everyone else did, he seemed like so much more fun. he still is but, the speed boost speed looked like so much fun to use, now it seems kinda of mediocre.
Speed boost is probably the most gamechanging ability ever, and his healing is "decent" (it was very good before, now it's barely enough as solo heal, but still good).

Wallriding is one hell of a passive ability too.

Booping people away and off ledges is hella good.

What kind of buff would you suggest, because Lucio is already pretty awesome as he is, that would not make him even more of a must pick?
1) Roadhog hook instakills EVERY healer, not just lucio (if anything, he has the best chance of survival out of all healers, speedboosting behind a wall or -if roadhog is slow- knocking him back just as he arrives in front of hog).

2) Lucio as the easiest time out of all healers in kiting symmetra and staying out of her range. A mercy can fly away too, but depends on team. He can also speed boost away AFTER she has locked onto him, unlike ana and zenyatta, who are basically dead (unless ana can sleep symmetra, which isnt that easy and may fail if team mates hit her)

It's very weird to see you complain about the survivability of the healer with the best survivability in the game. I suggest you play the other healers and see what they have to deal with, to get better perspective.
Roadhog instakills almost the entire roster that he hooks. Lucio is one hero that makes it harder for Roadhog. He can alternate his speed between heal and speed boost and move pretty erratically.

Symmetra will also kill many heroes, too. Although, they have a better chance fighting back than Lucio does.

Increasing his health will not stop you from dying to these two. Especially Roadhog. He one shots Reaper and Mei and they have 250 health.