Why won't Ana players boost Symmetra?!

General Discussion
Probably the most posted thing in forums atm is "nerf sym". I honestly don't think she should be nerfed as she's pretty balanced now but hey ho, let people complain.

What I find weird is when I play symmetra, i literally have to beg the Ana player to boost me as they refuse to saying it's a troll.

I really can't understand this. It seems like a thing now that people will only nanoboost tanks. I even see people not boosting soldier 76, even when he has ult!
Are her turrets affected by the nano boost?

I always nano boost the best dps in the team. But I don't think I've boosted Symmetra that many times. But I will keep it in mind in the future.
I boost her in QP, extremely fun to watch. If she happens to be at the right place at the right time I'll boost her in comp too, but that hardly happens.
Very situational do I boost a symm.
However, just because you main symm it gives her an entitlement to nano?

More valuable targets out there ;)
If there is a soldier on the team, or a Rein on the team, they are better targets to boost depending on the situation.

Sym HAS to be up close and personal, Soldier at a range can destroy whilst boosted, Rein up close can destroy multiple targets at once whilst boosted.

Why do they not boost her? Probably because there are better targets to take.
They changed how Sym nano boost works, its not worth it anymore and is super situational imo.

Don't know if the way it originally worked for me was a bug but at this point in time its not really too worth it on symmetra.
31/01/2017 00:55Posted by StarringRole
They changed how Sym nano boost works, its not worth it anymore and is super situational imo.

Don't know if the way it originally worked for me was a bug but at this point in time its not really too worth it on symmetra.

Not sure what you mean with change, first time I heard about it. But I do know that a nano boosted Symmetra will clear a payload in very little time with maximum fear factor for the enemy team :D

Obviously it's situational, that's the nature of ults, but you can boost her any time, unlike other heroes that do best when combining their own ult with it.
I was playing the Show your Support gamemode, I was Ana and I nanoboosted Symmetra (Great idea!). She was shown in POTG and helped us clear the point at Lijiang Tower.
I accidentally boosted a Symmetra today because she got in the way of my soldier (he was not happy about that) and she ended up getting play of the game. Level 3 beam and nano boost is a dangerous thing. OK to explore in QP, but a risky step to take in competitive.
30/01/2017 23:57Posted by EISMCSQ
More valuable targets out there ;)

Too true, Boostio is only way to go.
Requires you to be at max charge to be viable already and also you are in close quarters which is dangerous for symmetra since she is very squishy so she can be easily killed, common targets are either further ranged or are able to sustain large amounts of dmg so that it isn't as risky applying the ult.
Very situational with little range and low hp pool.
31/01/2017 01:36Posted by Seedling
31/01/2017 00:55Posted by StarringRole

Not sure what you mean with change, first time I heard about it. But I do know that a nano boosted Symmetra will clear a payload in very little time with maximum fear factor for the enemy team :D

Obviously it's situational, that's the nature of ults, but you can boost her any time, unlike other heroes that do best when combining their own ult with it.

Yeah I noticed no ones talking about it, Sym used to start of with max charge from nano (when I started the game) and she would just destroy, recently though nano doesn't do that and she simply just gets general damage enhancement and has to build the nano charge. The reason why I find it less useful now though (aside from the charge on her gun not maxing anymore) is because she moves nano doesn't speed anymore so it makes her quite the target to any dps heroes around she is kind of easy to focus down now.

But I never noticed anyone mention the sym change (its on consoles at least not checked on pc yet) but just remember from my perspective sym getting max charge was always normal from a nano so I don't know if this was the original bug :P
prolly cause she will smelt a tank in 0.003 sec
We saw why at the Overwatch World Cup - without good movement abilities like a Tracer or Genji, she's just too squishy and dies too fast. Honestly, either she is going to go in and get multiple kills anyway through a ramped up beam or she isn't - nano just doesn't help much.
I like to boost the lucio so we get better music.
Boostio gives better music!?
04/02/2017 21:33Posted by Talvi
Boostio gives better music!?

How would it be like to boost Mercy? 1k heal per second? =D
30/01/2017 20:47Posted by MadBaron
Probably the most posted thing in forums atm is "nerf sym". I honestly don't think she should be nerfed as she's pretty balanced now but hey ho, let people complain.

What I find weird is when I play symmetra, i literally have to beg the Ana player to boost me as they refuse to saying it's a troll.

I really can't understand this. It seems like a thing now that people will only nanoboost tanks. I even see people not boosting soldier 76, even when he has ult!

I nano boost Symmetra if the shield generator is up and Lucio is available to speed boost or Symmetra is in a prime position as is to chain kill with max charge.

Unless another option that is better is available. Like soldier, reaper, winston.

I especially do it with my duo queue mate who plays Symmetra, but I was a Symmetra main for a long time, so understand how good she is in the right situation.
Symmetra is a good target, but more situational than other heroes. She needs to be in the fight at that exact time you boost her to make it worthwhile. Soldier, Reinhardt, Winston, D.Va, etc will be able to get more value out of it in more scenarios. Soldier can be used from range and the others have abilities to get in faster.