Why do people not like zenyatta?

General Discussion
I wanna play zenyatta in my games but half of the time I'm being asked to pick lucio or ana. Why is it so wrong to pick zenyatta? Can you guys tell me the reasoning behind this behaviour?
I'm pretty convinced that zen is a great pick, let's all love zenyatta and share this around the world so I can play it without having my team becoming my enemy.
His basic heal is not that great, so unless you can reliably dish out the damage whilst maintaining your heals then the other two will technicality be the better choice.
You're not helping me, you should all say that he is great but underated.
If you watch the pro scene, he is starting to be picked on offense quite often.
because he's healing is not very good, some people consider him the worst healer in the game, which he might well be.

however, that doesn't mean he isn't useful in other areas, like his debuff and his damage output.
07/04/2017 02:27Posted by Noway
I wanna play zenyatta in my games but half of the time I'm being asked to pick lucio or ana. Why is it so wrong to pick zenyatta? Can you guys tell me the reasoning behind this behaviour?
I'm pretty convinced that zen is a great pick, let's all love zenyatta and share this around the world so I can play it without having my team becoming my enemy.

Eeeeeeeeh, I might not be the most experienced Comp mode player, but why don't you just "let's try first, if it doesn't work - I'll switch"? Although remember to actually switch if things start going wrong.

Zen is stronk, though I wish they gave him his ~2 dps per ball back. Yes it is a huge difference.
Zen is absolutely awesome, especially when he exchanges voice lines with genji ryūjin no ken wo kurae and zen replies experience tranquility.
07/04/2017 02:27Posted by Noway

For the same reason nobody likes any hero if it's not Solder, McCree, Ana, Zarya, Lucio, Rienhardt, Roadhog, etc.
because his healing abilities + ultimate can be easily negated by one biotic grenade.
Besides, the only good time to pick a zenyatta is when your dps players are trash ... or you have a mobile hero on your team "tracer/genji/pharah" that tend to go a bit too far from their team.
07/04/2017 08:11Posted by DPSTankorAFK
because his healing abilities + ultimate can be easily negated by one biotic grenade.
Besides, the only good time to pick a zenyatta is when your dps players are trash ... or you have a mobile hero on your team "tracer/genji/pharah" that tend to go a bit too far from their team.

Which is exactly why, in Silver, I pick him.

People are going to rage about "sh!tty" heals even if you play Ana or Mercy, but if the enemy team aren't dying Zen is good. If the allied team aren't protecting supports, Zen is good (melts tracer).
The only word of caution I'd say is he really can't solo heal.
He is not that bad in healing though, you just have to try to stay alive as long as possible, that means have a good situational awareness and don't rush into front lines.
07/04/2017 04:09Posted by JaggSauce
because he's healing is not very good, some people consider him the worst healer in the game, which he might well be.

however, that doesn't mean he isn't useful in other areas, like his debuff and his damage output.

How is he a worse healer than Symmetra? :D
Compared to lucio and ana, zen is more of a situational pick, cause you'll always need that speed boost and his burst healing and mobility aren't that great without transcendence, which as said before is too easily countered by Ana's biotic granade. Ana is a much stronger pick since she can disrupt ultimates and destroy all the other healers' work with the anti, but she doesn't always work.
Zen is especially good on defense, or to discord the pharah and when it comes to an annoying D.va, basically when you're playing ana against a particularly good D.va she'll look for you and simply dm your things negating your heals in that case a zen pick gets a ton of value cause she can't do jack about it, you trade the anti for the discord but she can't stop the harmony.
Playing Zen because your dps aren't that great, doesn't make any freaking sense
I love playing as Zen, although in Comp I've been asked to change a couple of times before!

Zenyatta is definitely less of a healer than Mercy or Lucio say, which is perhaps one reason why people prefer to see him switched. Whether that's warranted or not depends solely on the team loadout.

To be fair, there's a lot to be said for Lucio and Mercy. Lucio is great on point capture matches for obvious reasons, and Mercy's Ultimate is possibly one of the most useful abilities in the game.

I can also understand someone asking a Zenyatta to switch if the rest of the team are playing as Heroes with no regenerative abilities (like Reinhardt or McCree for instance). They'll need a lot more time dedicated to healing them as opposed to your Roadhogs, Bastions and Mei's, making a Hero more focused on healing better suited than Zen.

On saying that... someone on this forum once said that Zen is the ultimate 'high-risk, high-reward' Hero, which I'm tempted to agree with. If you're healing the right people and simultaneously de-buffing the right opponents all simultaneously, he becomes a key Hero in any match. Not many Heroes can do two things at once like that. I see him as a bit of an 'Anchor-Support', your Orisa-for-Support basically.

He can also eliminate other Heroes with relative ease. I cannot tell you how many times I've taken out Roadhog at mid-long range as Zen. I've seen lots of posts about how Roadhog is OP, which just makes me think they've not given Zen a go.

He's also challenging to play right - if I'm not focused, I'll make a mess of things. You really have to keep a tab on both your opponents and team mates, all at the same time of course. Not easy to get right, but a real boon for the team if you do.

Peace and Tranquillity my Friends, Peace and Tranquillity.
07/04/2017 09:00Posted by DFUZE
07/04/2017 04:09Posted by JaggSauce

How is he a worse healer than Symmetra? :D

He said worst healer. Symm is not a healer.
As much as I love playing Zen, he's not that great at healing. Sure, his orb can give a flanker the winning edge in a duel, and his Discord and damage output are huge, but he won't be able to keep a team alive efficiently.

That being said, he's perfect as a secondary healer.

Zenyatta's as much a healer as Roadhog is a tank. That says it all.
While other healers prolong the fight, zen shortens them if the team is coordinated enough to shoot at discorded targets.
People don't like Zeny? News to me. Tranq is a match winner, and Discord is really strong too. Harmony isn't amazing, but you should never be solo healing anyway regardless of which healer you're taking.
07/04/2017 13:56Posted by Jessicka
People don't like Zeny? News to me. Tranq is a match winner, and Discord is really strong too. Harmony isn't amazing, but you should never be solo healing anyway regardless of which healer you're taking.

Ana solo heal can be managed tho, if the tanks are good at their job.
07/04/2017 13:56Posted by Jessicka
Tranq is a match winner

It is, you know, unless a Biotic Grenade gets tossed at you, then you're left there hovering around for 4 seconds being completely useless.
FIRE AT WILL,

Nah bro, experience tranquility.