2 weeks of constant losing?

Competitive Discussion
How can I start. It's been 2 weeks, 2 weeks of constantly seeing this red losing text. I have tried everything. I even spent a whole week on my alt practicing solo carries and went from 1100 to 2800. However on my main, I went from 3200 to well, 2600. No clue what to do. I need help. Anything. Tips suggestions, anything.
take some rest man
I did. A whole week. Came back, still losing.

I don't get it. I'm winning just fine on my alt. Why am I constantly losing on my main?
Well, I had this issue (let's say one season over two) in Overwatch competitive but also in HotS competitive. Some strange things going on in this matchmaking algorithm if you ask me.
there are too many smurfs and blizzard apparently condones them, despite how they break any semblance of fairness in comp. pure greed. this game's done.
the easter holidays are not over.
that's why.
09/04/2017 17:21Posted by JaggSauce
that's why.

Ranking system fails on holidays? Well, that's an issue x)
09/04/2017 17:49Posted by Leath
09/04/2017 17:21Posted by JaggSauce
that's why.

its pretty much always been like that.. there is just no official records on it.
but it can't be a coincidence that all these "wtf is going on with MMR"-posts all describing the same problems pop up literally every time there is some kind of holiday (Christmas was particularly bad for me personally)

its simple really; all the kids are out of school during the holidays, so go ahead and do the math regarding what that does to the games' MMR...
09/04/2017 21:20Posted by JaggSauce

its simple really; all the kids are out of school during the holidays, so go ahead and do the math regarding what that does to the games' MMR...

But then the other team would have all of these kids.
10/04/2017 06:41Posted by Swinwappy
09/04/2017 21:20Posted by JaggSauce

But then the other team would have all of these kids.

That's the logical way of looking at it, yes. Logically speaking, you are less likely to have a griefer on your team, since, well you are on your team and you're not griefing. In my experience however, I get teammates who think they're in quickplay and I verse standard 2-2-2 or dive most of the time.
2500 now :D
It's insanely fun ya know.
08/04/2017 21:24Posted by Leath
Well, I had this issue (let's say one season over two) in Overwatch competitive but also in HotS competitive. Some strange things going on in this matchmaking algorithm if you ask me.

I've been saying that since the beginning. Matchmaking and how rating is handled is still the weakest point of Overwatch in general

09/04/2017 17:49Posted by Leath

Holidays and even on weekends there are way more terrible players and trolls online. I even see statswise decent players play terribly on weekends. I don't understand what causes it. Booze? Laid off attitude?
I feel ya. Dropped 700 rank this season. Only way to get through is to either stop caring, gitgud at different heroes so you can meta the hell out the game, or buddy up. Good teammates are like gold dust, so try to find some and gitgud together.
I dont care about losses, there are bad days. I only care about XP.