Journey from silver + statistics

General Discussion
Hello everyone

Practicaly every day I see new post how it is impossible to climb from bronze, or bronze/Silver/Gold...Hell. Leavers and trols in almost every match...

So i decided I will do an experiment/climb journey. I will buy new account(this one) and try to climb from bronze. I am not sure how low I will end up, but I guess its pretty hard to be placed lower than 1000 SR and i dont want to throw matches. My original account wasnt in top 500, GM, Master or Diamond. My highest SR was in Platinum around +-2650. I want to proof everyone, it is possible to climb if you play practicaly anything( not junkrat , only hero I hate :D).

My rules right now are:
1) allways fill the last spot, if team is missing tank, i will take one, if healer i will take healer, if dps i will take def or off hero.
2)be positive
3)never tilt or insult others
4)join and use team voice chat everytime
5)solo q, only if someone add me I can play with him but i prefer going solo
6) never leave games(allowed only if 3 others left)

My settings (PC and heroes):
Junkrat - wheel climb
Ana and Widowmaker - scoped sensitivity 46
Mercy - prefer beam targer off,

My monitor is 144 Hz, my Mouse is Logitech G Pro Gaming Mouse, 1600 DPI, 4 sensitivity in game for every hero. Mayby you will say it is too high but i tried to go lower and it just wasnt for me. I have medium mousepad. And i have good results with widow and hitscans with this settings.

I will write something about every match, if people used voice chat, group comp, how much SR I gained or lost, how many leavers or trolls in match I had and stuff like that. I will try to make screenshots too. I guess I could stream it but I never streamed anything and I dont have proper tech for it(and voice+face :D ).

Just finished placements, 5x loss, 4 win 1 draw. I will not count placement matches to my statistics because they are not classic comp game for me and i wastnt playing filling role there.

Informations:
SR 1805
genji
you'll carry so hard you'll probably hit diamond or something
Play only fill.
Let's see how you are going to fill Support and Tank with only 1 hero.
Don't do this. One way or another you're screwing over others' matches and that's a pretty awful thing to do.
30/03/2017 14:57Posted by DFUZE
Play only fill.
Let's see how you are going to fill Support and Tank with only 1 hero.

I like it. I think I will do this :) I can take every hero but i have to fill. If team need tank I willt ake one. If we will be missing dps i will take dps or def hero .)

30/03/2017 14:58Posted by Jessicka
Don't do this. One way or another you're screwing over others' matches and that's a pretty awful thing to do.

How? I will try to climb hardest i can. I am sure i will help people in my teams too. If i see someone doing something bad i just tell them to get better.
This is such a douche move. Don't do this.
You're giving unfair advantages to your teams and unfair disanvantages to the other. On purpose.

Also...how about...
5) Only not doing this

Looking at the dislikes it seems like other users don't like this idea either.
Only because some pros do it doesn't mean you have to.
I like it. I think I will do this :) I can take every hero but i have to fill. If team need tank I willt ake one. If we will be missing dps i will take dps or def hero .)

prepare yourself to be only ever allowed to pick Mercy and never anything else (since Mercy is in meta now)
I am used to it. I play widow a lot on my main. I am pretty good with her. Scoped average accuracy 57% and a crazy of amount people told me to go killmyself, wishing my family and me cancer, other mean words, someting about judes and gas too( I was shocked).... even before match started when i had 63% win percentage with widow.

This OW community is super toxic. So i will fill what team need in my eyes. Not what others tell me.

CarbonOxide If I took only soldier or something what could carry a lot yes i would give them advantage. And I am only high plat guy. I am not GM.... And i am not only second acc user in the world so when i joine the game, enemy team has same chance to get smurf too.

And dislikes? :D People here dislike pretty much everyone who told them something different from what they believe or think. I know I will get dislikes because a lot of people in lower ranks blame others/smurfs/leavers/trolls and pretty much everyone elsefor their rank. Only they are good and other bad and that is why they cant climb the ladder, sure :D:D
01/04/2017 14:56Posted by LittleFox
a crazy of amount people told me to go killmyself, wishing my family and me cancer, other mean words, someting about judes and gas too( I was shocked)

and guess why? because Widow and Hanzo are competely useless on attack or KotH maps, and also never stand on points to defend them
01/04/2017 14:40Posted by Ceris

prepare yourself to be only ever allowed to pick Mercy and never anything else (since Mercy is in meta now)

The lower tiers are infuriating for this. I mean, I play Mercy, but generally only on defense. On attack or KotH I take Lucio. Been asked several times to switch off Lucio and take Mercy. On KotH. Because reasons.
dude... if you play a dps then you'll definitely carry in low elo.

so it's not really a challenge
Already played in bronze and climbed easily to mid plat by playing pharah only.

if you want a challenge here are some interesting challenges for you:
1- climb up by playing supports only ... PURE support heroes only... in other words, you can't play dps ana or zenyatta as dps unless if it was an emergency "getting flanked, for example."
2- fill... don't tell anyone what you want to play. Fill according to the solid 2-2-2 meta.
DPSTankorAFK, if I fill only pure support, it would be too boring for me :)

I want to get better with tanks too I dont play them too often on my main so I will fill to 2-2-2 probably.

01/04/2017 15:02Posted by Ceris
a crazy of amount people told me to go killmyself, wishing my family and me cancer, other mean words, someting about judes and gas too( I was shocked)

and guess why? because Widow and Hanzo are competely useless on attack or KotH maps, and also never stand on points to defend them

Absolutly not true. How can you say that? Every hero can be very good. I know not every hero is ideal in every situation but in lower ranks, good widow/hanzo is blessing for the team, in attack especialy because if widow juck pick of 1,2,3 enemy heroes your team can push and take point easy. I am not making fan of you because of your rank, but i guess at 600 SR you have not good experience with bad widows/hanzo.

I am not kind of widow player who never change if widow is not working or I am countered too much.
average objective time: 8 seconds, yep standard bronze widow, never on point and never pushing the payload

just for info, even if you "clear the path" for your team as Widow, then your team will never push that payload / capture the point in bronze, because "kills matters"
01/04/2017 15:30Posted by LittleFox
too boring

or too challenging?
I dont think so :) i just want to be flexible and I dont want to force anyone in my team go dps if he/she is support main. I played healers a lot before, tanks not so much so.... Simply i dont to force my self to play only one role. Not to be one trick pony :D.

I am just afraid iI will almost never fill DPS slot :D because there is too many DPS people you know? :D
And i am not only second acc user in the world so when i joine the game, enemy team has same chance to get smurf too.

Do you even know what ELO hell is in OW? It's not because players at lower ranks don't know how to aim, or play as team.. none of it, because for example one expects that much from bronze in the first place. It is a tier for a reason.

ELO hell in OW is actually people like you, who deliberately try to gain lower rank to prove something. IDDQD already did, it's on youtube. Why add more salt to those ranks?

You want to know why everybody here give you dislikes. Look up on twitch, Sparkey714. That Widow main Master everyday streams how he boosts his viewers accounts down in bronze/silver to plat (and 5 others in party) right out in the open. He, and whoever does that are the reason ELO hell exists. Where higher tier players play their mains at the lowest tier for donations or who knows what.

Comp supposed to be players of somewhat equal skill playing against/with each other. Some below improve and climb. But those like Sparkey714 and now you in a way, shake things up where you according to real ELO not even supposed to be.
01/04/2017 16:28Posted by Fuglet

ELO hell in OW is actually people like you, who deliberately try to gain lower rank to prove something. IDDQD already did, it's on youtube. Why add more salt to those ranks?

I think i saw one video of him killing everyone with hanzo at low rank. I really dont understand why you think I am same kind of a person. I never was even in Diamond. I am at your SR with my original account. I am not doing it to prove something to comunity. But it could show them it is possible to climb even with tanks or healer( and still i can fail....). And dont tell me others did it bofore. Because I see practicaly every day new topics about how is it imposible to climb from lower ranks, so people obviously didnt see IDDQD or others with similar thing.

I am constantly trying to find how to enjoy the game i bought. And this is one of the ways I will enjoy it. Climbing from bottom, finding new good people/friend sin the way, maybe help some of them. Not carry them but give them good advice about positioning, high ground, counterpicks.....

You can think I am doing it because I want to stomp people in lower ranks, but I just dont see it that way. I just like start all over again. and try different play style. Not just instalocks DPS like on my main acc.

01/04/2017 16:28Posted by Fuglet

You want to know why everybody here give you dislikes. Look up on twitch, Sparkey714. That Widow main Master everyday streams how he boosts his viewers accounts down in bronze/silver to plat (and 5 others in party) right out in the open

I am against boosting like this.I am not a streamer i am not taking money from aynone. I only want te report here how my comp games end up. If there was a leaver, troll or something like that. Just to collect information about games.
Well, I suppose there is room for benefit of the doubt anywhere. Be it a dodgy pick in KOTH/Payload attack or otherwise. I suppose myself and few others jumped to conclusion as you mentioned to try and end up in bronze when you're seated in plat.

Good luck I guess, not like we can stop you. Doesn't strike me like you're the kind of person I mentioned in my post so perhaps it will be mild with what you will be doing.
01/04/2017 14:19Posted by LittleFox
How? I will try to climb hardest i can. I am sure i will help people in my teams too. If i see someone doing something bad i just tell them to get better.

You'll be throwing your placements, which sucks for the people you're with; and the people you're against since they won't have to try as hard and therefore not be able to demonstrate how good they are properly in order to maximise their placement.

It also sucks once you're going, because your 'carry' means those weaker players will get less SR, and the Underdog system can lead to your opponents losing more.

01/04/2017 14:37Posted by CarbonOxide
Only because some pros do it doesn't mean you have to.

Even pros and streamers have been admonished by Blizzard for doing it. Being somewhat less famous yourself, you leave yourself open to much more severe punishment. The development team have been abundantly clear that they don't like people who do this kind of thing. It's also clear here, and in other threads on the US forums that the community don't like people who do it either.

It's not original, it's not clever, and it holds no purpose beyond a self-serving power trip.
01/04/2017 15:02Posted by Ceris
because Widow and Hanzo are competely useless on attack or KotH maps, and also never stand on points to defend them

Yes they are mostly useless on KOTH, but those 2 can be incredibly usefull on attack, and incredibly useless on defense. Don't take ingame roles so seriously.

And yeah, they are never on point. Wth can a Widowmaker do at point blank range? Stall the point for 2 seconds, die, and charge enemy ult?