If Pharah is OP...

General Discussion
...why don't you play her yourself?
Reasons:
1. She's instalocked.
2. No fun playing OP heroes (which is why I stopped playing Symmetra, but let's not go there...)
3. Just because someone thinks she's OP doesn't mean they have fun playing her and doesn't mean she suits their playstyle.

For the record, I don't think she's OP, just think your logic is off =^-^=
07/04/2017 12:44Posted by Praetorian

She's only OP in the enemy team.

All jokes aside: Playing OP heroes isn't always fun. I know Soldier: 76 is somewhat strong/op but I simply do not enjoy playing him. So I'm that rare player that enjoys playing Reinhardt ^_^
Reasons:
2. No fun playing OP heroes

Uhh...talk about logic?
07/04/2017 12:52Posted by MissCherry
Reasons:
1. She's instalocked.
2. No fun playing OP heroes (which is why I stopped playing Symmetra, but let's not go there...)
3. Just because someone thinks she's OP doesn't mean they have fun playing her and doesn't mean she suits their playstyle.

1. Then your teammate will surely do well with her, right? RIGHT?
2. Perhaps that's true for Quick Play and Arcade, but in Competitive, you must play the most effective heroes (or at least heroes you're good with). Only if you're on my team, though. You can play weak heroes all you want otherwise.
3. Like I said, if Pharah is that powerful, you should play her either way. Genji does not suit my playstyle but if he had 200 health plus 800 armour and his swift strike had no cooldown & was capable of one-hit kills on all heroes, I'd play him all the time.
07/04/2017 12:56Posted by DFUZE
07/04/2017 12:44Posted by Praetorian

She's only OP in the enemy team.

All jokes aside: Playing OP heroes isn't always fun. I know Soldier: 76 is somewhat strong/op but I simply do not enjoy playing him. So I'm that rare player that enjoys playing Reinhardt ^_^
In competitive play, it doesn't matter if a hero is fun or not, you play him (if possible) because he is effective. I don't enjoy playing Mercy but if I was guaranteed to win every game by playing her, I definitely would.
The only reason I personally believe that she is unfair is because she doesn't really require much aim nor skill to land hits.

Let's talk about pharah:
1- travel time rockets that deal splash damage.
2- enters and leaves battleground easily
3- devastating ult
4- phar-mercy combo / zarya wombo combo is just another level of devastation.

Let's talk about her counters:
mccree/soldier/sombra/zen/d.va/winston/bastion?/ana/widow

Mccree + widow + ana are skilled heroes where they need to aim carefully in order to to kill her... while pharah can land 2/3 hits .. if those hits don't land that's fine due to splash damage.
so basically, you have to pick a skilled hero to fight a non-skilled hero.... k

soldier+sombra+zen+winston are fine in a 1v1 situation... HOWEVER, when was the last time you have seen a solo pharah without a mercy...?
basically, the damage you've done with these heroes have been negated by mercy

d.va is a 50/50... I believe that she'll struggle with killing the pharah, other than that, she can eat her ult which can be life saving

bastion can kill a careless pharah I guess..

but my main argument is this...
it requires a skilled hero with precise aim to kill a pharah
that is why she is dominating lower elo.
07/04/2017 13:28Posted by DPSTankorAFK

Seems to me it's another git gud issue.
She's not, and I do. How about that?

If they're so strong, how come I managed to force both Pharah and Mercy to switch in my last competitive match, just by switching to Widow for a couple of minutes?
She can fly, overpowered plz Nerf.
07/04/2017 13:53Posted by Jessicka
She's not, and I do. How about that?

If they're so strong, how come I managed to force both Pharah and Mercy to switch in my last competitive match, just by switching to Widow for a couple of minutes?
My point exactly.
07/04/2017 13:40Posted by MintSamurai

Seems to me it's another git gud issue.

Seconded.
8 heroes in the game are rendered useless by Pharah.
that's about 35% of the roster.
that's not okay.
07/04/2017 15:01Posted by JaggSauce
that's not okay.
That's not entirely true. Pharah counters Junkrat but that doesn't mean Junkrat is unable to anything at all. Also, if Pharah renders those characters useless by principle, then what would a nerf achieve (unless, she gets nerfed into a state where she is absolutely nonviable)?

One more thing, 33%*
07/04/2017 13:12Posted by Rewand
Reasons:
2. No fun playing OP heroes

Uhh...talk about logic?

I was referencing people who do think she's OP and don't play her. You missed the bit where I specifically stated another hero as my personal example :)

07/04/2017 13:21Posted by Praetorian
07/04/2017 12:52Posted by MissCherry
Reasons:
1. She's instalocked.

1. Then your teammate will surely do well with her, right? RIGHT?
2. Perhaps that's true for Quick Play and Arcade, but in Competitive, you must play the most effective heroes (or at least heroes you're good with). Only if you're on my team, though. You can play weak heroes all you want otherwise.
3. Like I said, if Pharah is that powerful, you should play her either way. Genji does not suit my playstyle but if he had 200 health plus 800 armour and his swift strike had no cooldown & was capable of one-hit kills on all heroes, I'd play him all the time.

1. Not always, they just jump on the "OP must play" bandwagon.
2. competitive there are far more effective heroes sometimes, also it's still a game, still played to have fun.
3. Pharah is not too powerful. She does not have 800 armour, no-cd abilities and can't 1-shot most people, therefore she is not played all the time.
The only reason I personally believe that she is unfair is because she doesn't really require much aim nor skill to land hits.
Not true, Pharah's rockets have a travel time like you said, meaning you have to predict where your target will be when firing. If you're too far away, he/she can just outright dodge them. Sure, they have splash damage, but you need to frequently get direct hits (very close hits at least) lest your enemy will just heal through the damage they take at the edge of the blast radius.

Let's talk about pharah:
1- travel time rockets that deal splash damage.
2- enters and leaves battleground easily
3- devastating ult
4- phar-mercy combo / zarya wombo combo is just another level of devastation.

Let's talk about her counters:
mccree/soldier/sombra/zen/d.va/winston/bastion?/ana/widow

Mccree + widow + ana are skilled heroes where they need to aim carefully in order to to kill her... while pharah can land 2/3 hits .. if those hits don't land that's fine due to splash damage.
so basically, you have to pick a skilled hero to fight a non-skilled hero.... k

soldier+sombra+zen+winston are fine in a 1v1 situation... HOWEVER, when was the last time you have seen a solo pharah without a mercy...?
basically, the damage you've done with these heroes have been negated by mercy

d.va is a 50/50... I believe that she'll struggle with killing the pharah, other than that, she can eat her ult which can be life saving

bastion can kill a careless pharah I guess..

but my main argument is this...

Rockets can be easy to dodge, hence why she needs the splash.
Enters and leaves easily, but she's exposed nearly all the time, unless playing peekaboo.
Quite possibly one of the worst ultis in the game, usually sacrificing her life to break a Reinhardt shield.
The combo is strong, but so are others like Sombra/Reaper combos, and Orisa/bastion+mercy combos or Soldier/Zen..etc.

Pharah takes skill to stay alive. Why else would never see her without a Mercy? If you're that worried about skill heroes, consider her an advanced "clay pigeon" training bot who helps you improve your aim. Mine improved no end when I started to go Pharah hunting as Zenyatta.
It's why she dominates lower elo and not higher- people git gud.
07/04/2017 15:41Posted by Praetorian
07/04/2017 15:01Posted by JaggSauce
that's not okay.
That's not entirely true. Pharah counters Junkrat but that doesn't mean Junkrat is unable to anything at all. Also, if Pharah renders those characters useless by principle, then what would a nerf achieve (unless, she gets nerfed into a state where she is absolutely nonviable)?

One more thing, 33%*

lol i said ABOUT 35%, so yea 33% i guess, that's still too much.

No, you're right about Junkrat, and i never said he wasn't able to do anything at all, you're taking things too literally here.. you know god damn well that Junkrat is pretty much helpless against a Pharah, unless the Pharah makes a terrible missplay, like getting too close to the ground or getting close to Junkrat, as long as she stays elevated, Junkrat is helpless against her.

seriously, are you really going to nit pick every single one of the 8 heroes who have problems dealing with Pharah, claiming that she isn't OP because they can do something against her?? please.

and what would a nerf achieve??
many things, perhaps some better balance in the game overall, with people not being shat on because they don't pick McCree or Soldier76.
07/04/2017 16:00Posted by JaggSauce
07/04/2017 15:41Posted by Praetorian
...That's not entirely true. Pharah counters Junkrat but that doesn't mean Junkrat is unable to anything at all. Also, if Pharah renders those characters useless by principle, then what would a nerf achieve (unless, she gets nerfed into a state where she is absolutely nonviable)?

One more thing, 33%*

lol i said ABOUT 35%, so yea 33% i guess, that's still too much.

No, you're right about Junkrat, and i never said he wasn't able to do anything at all, you're taking things too literally here.. you know god damn well that Junkrat is pretty much helpless against a Pharah, unless the Pharah makes a terrible missplay, like getting too close to the ground or getting close to Junkrat, as long as she stays elevated, Junkrat is helpless against her.

seriously, are you really going to nit pick every single one of the 8 heroes who have problems dealing with Pharah, claiming that she isn't OP because they can do something against her?? please.

and what would a nerf achieve??
many things, perhaps some better balance in the game overall, with people not being shat on because they don't pick McCree or Soldier76.
I didn't say anything about whether they can do something against Pharah or not, I meant that they can do things against Pharah's allies, whilst their hitscan DPS deals with Pharah.

I think you missed my point, if Pharah's kit makes her inherently good against those 8 heroes, then nerfing her wouldn't do anything (unless the nerfs are so severe that she might as well not be in the game).
"Now I can die to Pharah in 3 hits rather than 2."
No, what Phara need is a rework.
In a way which would reduce frustration to play against her.