Mute Character Voice Lines

General Discussion
Every once in a while, sometimes for a specific reason and sometimes just cuz', I step into the game on solo QM/arcade/vs. AI. Maybe I need to crawl towards an extra box, maybe I felt like playing Overwatch and nobody from my premades are online, whatever, I sometimes deal with randoms.

Sometimes these randoms use voice. I join the voice channel, turns out one is reciting a dictionary of foul language because the other took the AI match too seriously, or some guy thinks we like to listen to central European folk-techno-fusion at full blast during OW.

Fine, I'll mute them...

Sometimes these randoms type in the chat. Sometimes they seem to be really focussed on trying to say that our Mercy needs to orally ingest male reproductive organs in as few letters as humanly possible, making the chat look like there's a Murloc choking on a sock when read out loud.

Fine... I'll block them...

Sometimes, some randoms get really frustrated at another player having fun and practicing a hero and forgetting about the objective for a few minutes while trying out some things. These randoms then contract a rare, temporary form of hybrid Parkinsons-epilepsy-disease and have their finger have a furious seizure on the F button while looking at the payload. Now I like Matthew Mercer's buttery voice as much as the next dude, but after the 15th or 16th time I've heard McCree holler "STOP THE PAYLOAD" in my ear, I start worrying about that random nosebleed.

Fine... I'll just... wait... I can't mute those?

Next thing I know, I get a 4 kill Barrage on Pharah, followed by customary emote and hello. 20 seconds later, our d.Va plummets her mech into the enemy team, and wipes all 6 in one go, obviously stealing my play of the game. Apparently, this random playing d.Va felt my little display was meant as a challenge, and continued to circle my Pharah the remaining 4 minutes of the match spamming "I'm number one!",

Fine... I'll... just get brain damage, I guess?

TL;DR - Just like in HotS and Hearthstone, please allow people to mute other character's voice lines and objective pings/commands. If needed, let it have the prerequisite of becoming available to other players once the spamming player hits the "too many messages" cap to avoid auto-squelching, because I do understand the need for audio feedback in Overwatch.

For tactical purposes, it'd be okay if you kept the accompanying text that comes with some lines in place (or limit that differently/separately), but the ability to bombard other player's ears with the same line over and over and over has to be taken away from the spamhappy children that had one sip of sugary drinks too many.

+1 if we could manage it to have it also send a message to the spamming player telling them they have been blocked by a player on their team and that they are asked not to spam unnecessary amounts of messages.

Thoughts? Support? Let me know!
Yeah ! This is so annoying when someone is pressing one button for the entire match !
Make report or give us ability to mute violator .
Spamming "Need healing!" only distracts me and doesn't help. You're right in front of me, I can see you're injured, I AM NOT BLIND!

Muting voice lines should be a thing. Also, the occasional MADA MADA and HELLO! One game I was just shouting MADAMADAMADAMADAMADAMADAMADAMADAMADAMADAMADAMADAMADAMADAMADAMADAMADAMADA NEEDHEALING NEEDHEALING NEEDHEALING for minutes long. It was a fun stress relief :D .
sounds like Overwatch ain't your cup of tea.

voiceline spamming is like 90% of the fun for people like me.

i can see how you would get mad about someone playing !@#$ty dubstep music on the mic, or if they're just straight up screaming through it like one would with a makeshift paper trombone and want to mute them.. but a McCree going: "STAHP THE PAYLOAAAD"
"STAHP THE PAYLOAAAD"
"STAHP THE PAYLOAAAD"
"STAHP THE PAYLOAAAD"
"STAHP THE PAYLOAAAD"
"URGH"
*dies*
can actually be pretty funny if you choose to view it using the correct lenses... just like someone being creative with their voice emotes can be pretty funny.. i consider it an artform tbh, and i've already started to master it myself and to be honest, the forced 4-5 second pause after using 4 emotes (voice or not) is really god damn annoying and should probably be removed..
nothing is more heartbreaking than not being able to use the emote you want at a given time, just because you used 4 other emotes (be it the standard "i need healing" or actual emotes/voicelines)
01/05/2017 09:41Posted by JaggSauce
sounds like Overwatch ain't your cup of tea.

voiceline spamming is like 90% of the fun for people like me.

i can see how you would get mad about someone playing !@#$ty dubstep music on the mic, or if they're just straight up screaming through it like one would with a makeshift paper trombone and want to mute them.. but a McCree going: "STAHP THE PAYLOAAAD"
"STAHP THE PAYLOAAAD"
"STAHP THE PAYLOAAAD"
"STAHP THE PAYLOAAAD"
"STAHP THE PAYLOAAAD"
"URGH"
*dies*
can actually be pretty funny if you choose to view it using the correct lenses... just like someone being creative with their voice emotes can be pretty funny.. i consider it an artform tbh, and i've already started to master it myself and to be honest, the forced 4-5 second pause after using 4 emotes (voice or not) is really god damn annoying and should probably be removed..
nothing is more heartbreaking than not being able to use the emote you want at a given time, just because you used 4 other emotes (be it the standard "i need healing" or actual emotes/voicelines)
The voicelines being suddenly interrupted by death rattles are funny, that one I agree with. But spamming gets old fast and just annoys me, especially need healing.

"Deeeath comes!" "BLAARGH!" *dead*
This needs to be an option. I was in a competitive lucioball with one character who wouldn't shutup using the voice line "whoo jackpot", completely threw me off my game, and I actually ignored the game for almost a minute vainly trying to find a way to shut him up.

Please patch this. Immediately.
Just played a game with a Pharah on a constant flank across the map who spent the entire match spamming "I need healing!" (and then badmouthed the team and healers in all chat afterwards, of course.)

I thought I'd start a thread begging for the ability to mute voice lines, but then I found this thread.

It makes me want to not play support, tbh.
01/05/2017 09:34Posted by Vane
Spamming "Need healing!" only distracts me and doesn't help. You're right in front of me, I can see you're injured, I AM NOT BLIND!

It's even more annoying when they say they need healing but they actually don't.
Can't you just turn off the volume for all in-game voices in the sound options, or have they removed it?
I had the same trouble. Someone with Reaper was spamming all the time the voice line "too easy... to easy... too easy... to easy...". I couldn't mute him, but I reported for "spam" messages.
Just had a Junkrat player spamming voice lines during death match. I reported him for spamming, but I have no idea if and when Blizzard will actually do anything about it. He was the second person this week spamming voice lines.

I think it'd be great if they'd expanded the "Squelch Chat" option so that it also squelches the voice lines, just like in Hearthstone.
I want to mute emotes
I heard that Blizzard bans people for spamming voice lines from somewhere, so I report people every time when they abuse it. And you how terrifying can be Mei spamming "Scary" all the time then suddenly she appears behind you Т_Т
I hear you pumpkin
It would be nice for blizzard to mute voice lines. However, we have heard of Blizzard banning people for spamming voice lines.

I don't even understand why blizzard will ban players for using voice lines. There are voice lines like "Sorry about that" or "Ah, what a bore" that are obviously used to trigger you.
05/11/2017 17:35Posted by Agon
It would be nice for blizzard to mute voice lines. However, we have heard of Blizzard banning people for spamming voice lines.

I don't even understand why blizzard will ban players for using voice lines. There are voice lines like "Sorry about that" or "Ah, what a bore" that are obviously used to trigger you.

Voice lines that allow you to be a buttnut are fine. Me beating another Reinhardt's head in and saying "Let me show you how it's done!" ONCE is satisfying to do, and pretty demoralizing to hear.

Having to endure a Dva that has "Is this ez mode?" somehow bound to every keypress makes me want to stuff my head into a garbage disposal after 7,14, or 20+ minutes of it. Spending nearly half an hour listening to the same voice line, no matter its original intent, is maddening. It's not a taunt at that point, it's a technical issue. They're subverting the anti-spam and torturing people with it.

It's the difference between tastefully seasoning a fine meal and dumping everything in your spice cabinet onto an unsuspecting piece of meat. One is fine and the other one is simply too much.
We really should be able to disable these.. I mean "I need healing" ...we know we can see the big red sign. Spamming that makes me not want to play healer.

And "attack the objective"..really? WTF thats like in a game of soccer yelling "score a goal" ..we know..It's the objective you don't have to tell me.

Use voicechat if you want to say something or type if you want to waste time
i would love for muting voice lines to be a thing. If i could never have to listen to an enemy d.va spam winky face everytime she gets a kill i would be soooo happy
08/12/2017 02:37Posted by BlackHat28
i would love for muting voice lines to be a thing. If i could never have to listen to an enemy d.va spam winky face everytime she gets a kill i would be soooo happy

Its a thing now, squelch chat does it.
Its a new option on P, rightclick on the person and done. It stops the "my ultimate is charging" spam etc