I'm a one-trick Symmetra player

General Discussion
I'm a one trick symmetra and my winrate on her is almost always higher than anyone on my team has for their top 5 most played heroes.

It would be higher but I have to go into nearly every game I play tilted due to my team flaming.

It isn't the one-trick players that throw most games (granted I do see some games where one-trickers are the cause, sometimes me and that's when I'll switch, for example if I'm against a good pharah), it is the other players that don't put any faith in them.

My Symmetra playing has carried me up from silver, almost to diamond until I got bored of playing her. I even made friends along the way and helped carry them up from gold to play or silver to gold.

Morale of the story: don't judge players straight away, be nice and see how things go. Most one-trickers like me aren't 100% stubborn, we will switch if we see it simply isn't working.
Carry me pl0x. I don't judge any pick and I'm still in gold :< .
30/04/2017 17:38Posted by MadBaron
I'm a one trick symmetra and my winrate on her is almost always higher than anyone on my team has for their top 5 most played heroes.

It would be higher but I have to go into nearly every game I play tilted due to my team flaming.

It isn't the one-trick players that throw most games (granted I do see some games where one-trickers are the cause, sometimes me and that's when I'll switch, for example if I'm against a good pharah), it is the other players that don't put any faith in them.

My Symmetra playing has carried me up from silver, almost to diamond until I got bored of playing her. I even made friends along the way and helped carry them up from gold to play or silver to gold.

Morale of the story: don't judge players straight away, be nice and see how things go. Most one-trickers like me aren't 100% stubborn, we will switch if we see it simply isn't working.

It's all good then, because you aren't a one trick. You main Symettra (which can or cannot be debatable), but you're willing to switch.

I main Lucio, play him on probably 70% of my games. But can I play other heroes? Yes. Therefor I am not a one trick.

Best way to know if you aren't a one trick Sym. Do you pick her for Anubis attack?
30/04/2017 17:40Posted by Vane
Carry me pl0x. I don't judge any pick and I'm still in gold :< .

Haha, if I carried you to plat, I'd end up in diamond!
30/04/2017 17:53Posted by MintSamurai
t's all good then, because you aren't a one trick. You main Symettra (which can or cannot be debatable), but you're willing to switch.

I main Lucio, play him on probably 70% of my games. But can I play other heroes? Yes. Therefor I am not a one trick.

Well my stats for this season is 32 hours on Symmetra, my next most played is Winston on 2 hours so I mean it is rare when I need to switch :P
Sym is easy mode.
And when you were being countered severely, what did you do?
30/04/2017 19:47Posted by Caduceus
And when you were being countered severely, what did you do?

Funny thing is, it's not often I am "severely countered".

Yes there are a lot of heroes difficult to deal with (i.e. pharah, winston, mccree and junkrat) however they're only really problems if you play Symmetra like an idiot.

Symmetra is a support hero so play her like a support. Block abilities and ults with your photon barrier, stick with your team like a healer would and suddenly it will be difficult to counter you.

In matches it doesn't look like I'm doing much but I am actually doing something crucial which not a lot of players do - I keep my healer(s) alive. I use my turrets as a first line of defence or to block a flank, but then I don't go all crazy with my primary fire, I stick on the backline with my healers to ensure no one flanks them.

Yes there are hard counters in this game but unless you're at top 500 level you can often outsmarten counters if you know how. I don't have much mechanical skill but I sure as hell have the tactical skill.
you lost me when you said 1tricks aren't "throwing" because that's exactly what you are doing the second the enemy team counters you, by i.e picking a Winston.

your influence as Symmetra is reduced by like 200% the second the enemy picks Winston, because your turrets will at this point be nonexistent and you're reduced to playing beamsniper..

so let there be no mistake about this; if you're a 1trick pony you're LITERALLY THE WORST KIND OF THROWER NEXT TO DOUBLESNIPER PICKS
01/05/2017 04:25Posted by JaggSauce
you lost me when you said 1tricks aren't "throwing" because that's exactly what you are doing the second the enemy team counters you, by i.e picking a Winston.

your influence as Symmetra is reduced by like 200% the second the enemy picks Winston, because your turrets will at this point be nonexistent and you're reduced to playing beamsniper..

so let there be no mistake about this; if you're a 1trick pony you're LITERALLY THE WORST KIND OF THROWER NEXT TO DOUBLESNIPER PICKS

If you read my previous post you'd see that I said I don't often get hard countered by a winston as I simply outsmarten them with tactics.

Ask yourself this then: if i'm the "worst king of thrower next to doublesniper picks" why is it then that I'm practically the same SR as you despite me pretty much only playing Symmetra then?
01/05/2017 08:15Posted by MadBaron
01/05/2017 04:25Posted by JaggSauce

If you read my previous post you'd see that I said I don't often get hard countered by a winston as I simply outsmarten them with tactics.

Ask yourself this then: if i'm the "worst king of thrower next to doublesniper picks" why is it then that I'm practically the same SR as you despite me pretty much only playing Symmetra then?

because the system is broken as !@#$.
are you seriously trying to convince me that you being %^-*ing countered makes no difference on your value to your team?
gtfo with that.
you're just angering me with such stupid thoughts.
Some pretty terrible Winstons out there it seems.
01/05/2017 08:27Posted by JaggSauce
because the system is broken as !@#$.
are you seriously trying to convince me that you being %^-*ing countered makes no difference on your value to your team?
gtfo with that.
you're just angering me with such stupid thoughts.

Oh I can see why you're not climbing now. The fact that you're getting angry on something as trivial as this is kinda amusing.

Maybe if you sort out your temper you'll end up playing better as 90% of games are lost due to players tilting and then tilting others?

Also please learn to read, I am explicitly saying I am hardly ever countered by Winston. Winston is the least played hero in the game so I hardly play against him, people that do play him often don't know how (when Winston is probably one of the hardest heroes to be effective in), and like I said I am more tactical:

If I'm against a Winston, I don't just put my turrets in a nest like 99% symmetra players, I scatter them out so that I can have notification of all flanks. I also stick with my team, particularly my healers - a Winston can't kill anyone without killing healers first which allows me to melt him first.

Winston has never been a problem for me as he's my 2nd favourite hero after Sym so I know his strengths and weaknesses well. The only hero who properly sets me on edge atm is roadhog but most of the time he just provides free ult charge for me.
01/05/2017 10:08Posted by MadBaron
Maybe if you sort out your temper you'll end up playing better as 90% of games are lost due to players tilting and then tilting others?
How did so many ultra toxic people end up in diamond and master then?
01/05/2017 10:08Posted by MadBaron
Winston is the least played hero in the game

That explains why I see him in almost every game and why the pros love him. Oh wait..
Funny, a Plat player dropped into Gold that tells other " you can't climb " despite a thread where he claims to be " one trick " with " such a good win ratio " .
Shouldn't you reach at least Diamond or Master before claim something like that ? Cmon face the reality , every season you open this post and every season you are between gold and plat