Very low SR what do I do in season 5?

General Discussion
I did the placement matches this season and I did badly as I just solo queued them and the team was full of trolls in the majority of the games. We had a Symettra who placed their turret on a ledge and we all fell to our deaths and we had teams of Hanzos, widows, which in itself inst bad, but they couldn't play them.

I was playing as Mercy and I feel I was doing okay, not brilliantly but okay and still we lost the majority of the placement matches. I was placed in Bronze and I have been there all season, it is so hard to rank up when people don't play as a team. I have been playing anyone I can to fill slots really, but trying to play Mercy as nobody seems to want to. I still couldn't manage to get out of bronze and I am wondering what do I do for season 5?

I feel that I am better than this, I can manage in the higher ranks, higher than bronze at least. It is just so hard when people don't communicate, people run in alone, people pick hanzo and miss every shot (including their ultimate which goes straight through the ground?!).

people say to queue with friends and I don't have any friends in life at all. I am very shy and do not talk to people, so I do not have people to play with. In Discord chats I have looked in LFG channels and people have dismissed me when they realise I am low bronze. What do I do now, I feel like I am trapped in Bronze and solo queue forever. How do I do placement matches next season on Thursday?
Holy sh... 500sr bronze with lvl 141? Is there an achievement for that? :D
27/05/2017 22:07Posted by hyyreN
Holy sh... 500sr bronze with lvl 141? Is there an achievement for that? :D
ikr, I always got told I was unique :P
I was in 1800 SR in season 3, after season 4 placement, where I went something like 7 wins, 3 loses, I got put into 550 SR

I will be most likely oficialy promoted to rank of "worst 500 players in a history of overwatch", like Blizzard officialy named it.

Unfortunately Blizzard has no clue what they are doing with ranking and they are automaticaly throwing every single support player into lowest depths possible no matter what you do. And they are even proud about it.
27/05/2017 22:12Posted by Ceris
I was in 1800 SR in season 3, after season 4 placement, where I went something like 7 wins, 3 loses, I got put into 550 SR

I will be most likely oficialy promoted to rank of "worst 500 players in a history of overwatch", like Blizzard officialy named it.

Unfortunately Blizzard has no clue what they are doing with ranking and they are automaticaly throwing every single support player into lowest depths possible no matter what you do. And they are even proud about it.

I love blizzard but I agree. I enjoy playing support heroes, should I have to stop doing what I enjoy to be able to advance in this game? This game is a billion pound game, let's fix matchmaking please

Lol you just said that and you're serious about it too. I guess the ones that are in GM and Top 500 don't count right? Mentioning any support main that isn't in bronze would invalidate your statement huh?

To OP: It's pretty easy to blame it on the matchmaking and to throw fix matchmaking around every time something doesn't go your way. If your teammates are trash then perhaps you should start playing something other than Mercy until you reach a level where you feel like you can trust your teammates enough.
Often times the reason isnt entirely you yourself. People play really bad at low ranks party due to literally not being good at playing and party because people intentionally throw and troll.
Getting out of that pit is unfortunatelly extremely diffcult. You can only influence one player.

Playing a healer is always great but then youre left assuming the other people can perform their task. which is protect, kill and do objective. Often times, at lower ranks they may not do that really well.

Perhaps its time to move away from playing the healer and improve other types of characters and see if that works.
Obviously a good assault is what you want but they can often times not perform well without a really good solid tank. Maybe thats a place to start, go with a tank or an "offtank" a "bruiser" type of character if there is a main tank character, essentially someone playing reinhardt. Zarya, roadhog are really effective.
Hey, I am a bronze at level 210 who uses mic, would you play season 5 placements with me plz?
I kind of want to smurf next season and get bronze so I can see how I fair against the average bronze team. Though hearing about this kind of stuff that you have to go through makes me glad I haven't.
If you want to play support at bronze, don't pick Mercy, she's worthless if your DPS players don't... You know... Do damage.
Just focus on improving yourself, that's all you can do. Competitive is a big gamble, you can't really help that. The best way to climb is to learn characters like Genji, Tracer, Soldier, Pharah, McCree (Hanzo or Widow if you got great aim) and solo carry your team.
Play zenyetta, if nobody wants to heal at least you have some small amount of healing, but discord orb makes the enemy take extra damage which really helps your crappy dps players finish things.

Zen is a good character to carry with at lower ranks if you get good with him.
27/05/2017 21:14Posted by Necabo
I did the placement matches this season and I did badly as I just solo queued them and the team was full of trolls in the majority of the games. We had a Symettra who placed their turret on a ledge and we all fell to our deaths and we had teams of Hanzos, widows, which in itself inst bad, but they couldn't play them.

I was playing as Mercy and I feel I was doing okay, not brilliantly but okay and still we lost the majority of the placement matches. I was placed in Bronze and I have been there all season, it is so hard to rank up when people don't play as a team. I have been playing anyone I can to fill slots really, but trying to play Mercy as nobody seems to want to. I still couldn't manage to get out of bronze and I am wondering what do I do for season 5?

I feel that I am better than this, I can manage in the higher ranks, higher than bronze at least. It is just so hard when people don't communicate, people run in alone, people pick hanzo and miss every shot (including their ultimate which goes straight through the ground?!).

people say to queue with friends and I don't have any friends in life at all. I am very shy and do not talk to people, so I do not have people to play with. In Discord chats I have looked in LFG channels and people have dismissed me when they realise I am low bronze. What do I do now, I feel like I am trapped in Bronze and solo queue forever. How do I do placement matches next season on Thursday?

practise your aim and play some carry dps(soldier is nice becuz self-sustenance) , even if your team is bad the enemy team should also be bad, so just 1v6 them
U guys should get more gamesense bronze and silver is really bad lol u can easily carry dont dislike this i just know it.
Didn't know you could place that low unless you yourself were throwing as well (not saying you were) I did my placements as support (Ana & Mercy) and got 2500 even with 3 or 4 of those games involving throwers or leavers.

The best advice I can give is learn flexibility, don't just zero in on 1 kind of play. Pick a tank if the person who picked tank feels more comfortable playing healer or DPS. A good switch can turn a lot of game from losses to wins. There's been plenty of times where I've picked Ana but someone asks to switch because they can't play DPS or tank or defense.

They refuse to acknowledge the SR issue with supports. They say because your performance is compared to that of other supports the SR you gain/lose is fair, however, the system rewards players for bad play, for example of a Mercy wastes her resurrect on one person every time it is ready rather than save it to counter a team wipe that bad Mercy will actually gain more SR.

The system punishes players for staying on the objective, you see those players who think they're Rambo and overextend will get more damage & kills then die, and result in more SR. It is a flawed system.

Also to the original poster, as you enjoy Tracer I suggest you main Tracer in Competitive, Tracer is in a good place right now and has good carry potential. Focus on harassing the back line; be sure to go in only when your team is distracting them. Also make sure you get your kill priority correct (Low Heath targets and Healers).
Get good with Pharah. She does high damage and most players cant kill her down there.
Do well on your placement + 10 matches after your placement and you'll make it to gold
For season five we can only hope its a counter meta again, if you want to git gud don't complain if someone picks widow hanzo or mccree. If you just trust in the person that they will do good then they might, ask them nicely 'can you switch to reinhardt' or 'if widow doesn't work out go for lucio', not 'switch to soldier you twot we don't need hanzo' just trust em and most importantly get a mic cus without communication you're not going to do well.

Not 100% true.
I've seen Mercy mains that are 4100+

I myself am a DPS main who has been in Diamond from Season 2 to 4. However in season 2 all I did was played as Lucio to Diamond. I have no skill with Lucio and I still don't know how to play him.

I've seen videos of Bronze players, the ones that are there legit and not from trolling have 0 game sense and shouldn't be near a mouse and keyboard. If you are actually decent and are there due to people trolling the best way out is to play Roadhog or Dva and steam roll your way out.

Then switch back to support when you're in Gold+