Overwatch too hard for me as new player!

General Discussion
As title says, I asked some friends who have overwatch before me, they said they experienced this, so I thought it's not only me. Am playing every game, switching, feeling am sucks, can't do anything, rarely when I do well. Please some advises :)
play more
learn when to switch
learn who counters who
position yourself properly
don't be a d1ck to your teammates and don't BM your enemy team
communicate "competitive wise"
Nobody plays good at lvl 18. Just play more and you will get better.
28/05/2017 16:35Posted by PuRe
play more
learn when to switch
learn who counters who
I never blame somebody or annoy, I just play and try to help
Can somebody tell me/send me the heroes that counters who and who. anybody?

and I need some heroes fun to play and easy. thanks for answering :)
Well if you want to git gud you gotta practice, if you main someone like mccree practice your aim for as long as you need (I do 10 minutes) against Ana bots with headshots only, but increase your sensitivity because 50/50 is too low, i do 80/80 but try 70/60 but try to aim with movement and not your mouse or joystick. Communication is by the far the most important thing you can do in overwatch, use a mic to talk to your team, using chat is ok but you have to stop and type and that could get you killed, a good team comp is good too like a 2-2-2 (2 offense, 2 healers, and 2 tanks) or 2-2-3 (2 offense, 2 healers- and 3 tanks) and finally 2-1-1-2 (2 healers, one defense, one offense, and 2 tanks). Other good things to know is being good with your hero kit, if you're playing zarya use the bubbles that you give teammates wisely don't use it to just get power, use it to protect them like from a dva ult or a reinhardt charge, you can use yours as you wish. If you play rein DO NOT just charge in the middle of the enemy team they will chew you up. if your planning on flanking try to combine ultimates like zaryas and tracers or wait till your team stops a push and let that high noon out or get your tactical visor out cus it won't be easy on your own. if your mercy try not to fly toward an ally that is going against 4 other people, he may escape but sometimes as you fly towards him he retreats and rarely you fly too far and you get picked. with Ana try to put ulting bastions, genjis, winstons, nano boosted enemys, and high nooning enemys to sleep, with me as a Ana main its very frustrating when i land a dart on a eluting genji and he sits there and a dva shoots him from far and he gets back up and kills half your team, so just leave them there until they get back up. If you're playing defense like Mei please don't put ice walls up to block your team from leaving the spawn room, with bastion defending alone is not a good idea, you may get a few picks but you will die without your team helping out and if you see a genji watch out before he reflects everything back at ya. Thats pretty much the basics, if you need more help just dm me with your mains and ill give your some extra help
28/05/2017 16:50Posted by Neotenmako
Well if you want to git gud you gotta practice, if you main someone like mccree practice your aim for as long as you need (I do 10 minutes) against Ana bots with headshots only, but increase your sensitivity because 50/50 is too low, i do 80/80 but try 70/60 but try to aim with movement and not your mouse or joystick. Communication is by the far the most important thing you can do in overwatch, use a mic to talk to your team, using chat is ok but you have to stop and type and that could get you killed, a good team comp is good too like a 2-2-2 (2 offense, 2 healers, and 2 tanks) or 2-2-3 (2 offense, 2 healers- and 3 tanks) and finally 2-1-1-2 (2 healers, one defense, one offense, and 2 tanks). Other good things to know is being good with your hero kit, if you're playing zarya use the bubbles that you give teammates wisely don't use it to just get power, use it to protect them like from a dva ult or a reinhardt charge, you can use yours as you wish. If you play rein DO NOT just charge in the middle of the enemy team they will chew you up. if your planning on flanking try to combine ultimates like zaryas and tracers or wait till your team stops a push and let that high noon out or get your tactical visor out cus it won't be easy on your own. if your mercy try not to fly toward an ally that is going against 4 other people, he may escape but sometimes as you fly towards him he retreats and rarely you fly too far and you get picked. with Ana try to put ulting bastions, genjis, winstons, nano boosted enemys, and high nooning enemys to sleep, with me as a Ana main its very frustrating when i land a dart on a eluting genji and he sits there and a dva shoots him from far and he gets back up and kills half your team, so just leave them there until they get back up. If you're playing defense like Mei please don't put ice walls up to block your team from leaving the spawn room, with bastion defending alone is not a good idea, you may get a few picks but you will die without your team helping out and if you see a genji watch out before he reflects everything back at ya. Thats pretty much the basics, if you need more help just dm me with your mains and ill give your some extra help
u mean increase sens to 80 ig? my mains are genji, tracer, junkrat, lucio
Reaper is very easy to play…
Let's not nurture bad habits in newcomers, shall we? Reaper is not viable. And neither is Junkrat for that matter.
Play the game?
28/05/2017 18:13Posted by Darkane
Reaper is very easy to play…
Let's not nurture bad habits in newcomers, shall we? Reaper is not viable. And neither is Junkrat for that matter.

Why is junkrat not viable?
28/05/2017 16:36Posted by FlashGaMr
28/05/2017 16:35Posted by PuRe
play more
learn when to switch
learn who counters who
I never blame somebody or annoy, I just play and try to help
ohhhh... but you will
you'll reach level 25... then you'll say "I should play competitive" and you'll be queued with idiots.

No matter how patient you are, you'll still be blaming people for losing a fight/losing the game "even when you don't use your mic, deep down you're like (fukc this guy he's a noob!)

Even in qp brah, some people "including myself" play it for fun. I just like hopping in and improve my aim with widow or mccree. Others take qp very seriously, I got queued with a top 500 with his friends who were trashing me and my friend because we didn't play 2-2-2 comp. (shocking, isn't it?)
Just experience the game, don't worry about being good yet.
Just play it and enjoy it.
You're still new, it's completely fine if you're not an amazing player yet.
You shall improve as you play as in any other FPS game.
So many good advises....BUT!!!
Saying OP that hes/she should play more, or practical tips.....it's uselesss at this point I think. Especially if OP is playing with someone who played OW for a periode of time and is above 100+ lvl. Than OP will be matched with people who are also lvl 100+! No wonder he/she gets rekt.
And it's interesting to see that at launch, OW was full with people who came from different games like CS:Go, CoD ect. But everyone was equally noob to the game. And all games were ballanced and fun. But now.....out of some mysteriouse reason even low level players have good like aim and wrecking people with one hit. I'm not telling that there are a lot of cheaters in this game...but strang fakt...isn't it?
So yeah.....if someone wants to jump into OW after 1 year of release...it can be a pain in the a$$
You can try and get a feel for the game through player vs ai or some other similar mode, and don't think about which hero is viable and which isn't, that may effect you in the future, but for now it doesn't matter
28/05/2017 19:06Posted by Escadin
Why is junkrat not viable?
Pharmacy?
iv been playing just over 2 weeks now and this game has a curve.
map awareness is a big thing.
honestly... im an ex FPS tournament player and it took me a few days to pickup how to do allot in this game.

Tip:
-Stick to bots to figure out what characters work well with you (easy/normal)
-Switch to freeplay after bots get too easy
-after you hit around lvl 40 you will have ok map awareness, After lvl 150 you be able to play most characters without issues.

Dont try and main a single character... have a set of 5 you feel comfortable to switch between that fits each roll... Support is one of the easiest to pickup but a good support can hold a team
there is a lack of a solid ingame knowledge base in my opinion, a new comer doesn't know most of his heroes' numbers, along time only by knowing the heroes in the enemy team you can tell when you're a one shot for example so you learn when to back off and such or push on in the opposite case, but you only find that info on wikis of the internet instead of in the game, unless you do custom games and try all the possibile damage combinations