Low damage Ana rifle

General Discussion
Is there any reason behind this? I recently started playing Ana and i find it very frustrating that her rifle can't deal 200 damage in 3 shots, only 180. Countless time happend to me that the enemy dps trying to kill me got away with so little health.
There is. People complained about her grenade so blizz nerfed the rifle.
28/05/2017 10:41Posted by TheFinalBoss
Is there any reason behind this? I recently started playing Ana and i find it very frustrating that her rifle can't deal 200 damage in 3 shots, only 180. Countless time happend to me that the enemy dps trying to kill me got away with so little health.

Read better what you said:
Countless time happend to me that the enemy dps trying to kill me got away with so little health.

Ana is a freaking healer . She has aleready a much higher kill potential than some DPS and it's ridicolous since is not her job.

Your sentence is similar too " as tracer i can't tank my own ultimate as Winston do ! "
--> Because is not her job !
The reason is that Ana is a support hero and for that she already has an insane damage output. Her main job is to keep the team alive and not to kill the enemy team.
People picked her as a DPSer and gave 2 flat Fs about the team. So they nerfed her damage to "force" people into doing what they're suppose to be doing, which is heal as main priority.

Unfortunately that also indirectly buffed Pharah so you see her more or less everywhere, with her pocket Mercy around.
I don't know but I stopped playing supports altogether after that nerf, wich seems to be what Blizzard and the community wants. I couldn't be happier about my decision I'm having a much better time playing the game now. I still enjoy playing Lucio and Zenyatta at times but until Blizzard gives the option to mute the "I need healing!" voice line, im not touching supports again.
Ana has the highest healing output out of any healer,
Also the best utility provided by Healer,

And before NERF among healers she had the highest: projectile/HITSCAN damage(if we exclude headshots) with NO falloff.

Healer/DPS is a job made for Zenyatta.
What a concentrated amount of nonsense in this thread.
1. Her DPS is about the worst of any hero in the game now. before the nerf she was in line with baby dva, mercy, lucio and similar.
2. Her single shot damage was NOT the highest in the game, not by a large margin.
3. No falloff, but also no headshot possibility. btw none of the snipers has falloff.
28/05/2017 12:04Posted by Recettear
1. Her DPS is about the worst of any hero in the game now. before the nerf she was in line with baby dva, mercy, lucio and similar.
2. Her single shot damage was NOT the highest in the game, not by a large margin.
3. No falloff, but also no headshot possibility. btw none of the snipers has falloff.
You just went full retard. Never go full retard.
28/05/2017 11:49Posted by Mystokai

And before NERF she had the highest: projectile/HITSCAN damage(if we exclude headshots) with NO falloff.

Healer/DPS is a job made for Zenyatta.

What? Did u just erased most heroes so u can say that's true? If we exclude headshots (big deal), phara, junkrat, roadhog, widow, hanzo, mei and mccree (depending on distance...) Yeah she had the highest projectile/hitscan damage...

In my opinion, Ana should kill 200 hp heroes in 3 shots. As sniper, she's quite vulnerable in close combat. Maybe 70 per dart could work.
Dear Blizzard. You know Ana, the best healer in the game? Yeah, why can't she 3 shot a DPS? plz fix
28/05/2017 10:41Posted by TheFinalBoss
Is there any reason behind this?

No the devs actually missclicked it's okay they're only human.
28/05/2017 12:04Posted by Recettear

I don't know where to start because actually everypoint is soo wrong and no sense
Im a Ana main as well and it is super frustrating that its harder to kill people since its now 4 shots to kill, but she has been a must pick in season 2 and was super powerful but now she's balanced and there is nothing we can do, she will stay the same but look at the bright side lucio says 'Bustio oh' when he gets nano boosted and that is why i main ana.
28/05/2017 10:55Posted by AlexisSpenc
The reason is that Ana is a support hero and for that she already has an insane damage output. Her main job is to keep the team alive and not to kill the enemy team.

mercy got a higher damage output then Ana, Ana just got better ability to hit those shots cause she can hitscan scope
You've got to be kidding. Why do you complain about the support character DPS? How often do you shoot anyone but your allies in any game anyway? Sleep dart is your escape mechanic. Sting the flanker and let your teammates do the honours. Outputting damage is not your job; offensive properties of the rifle is a last resort tool you fall back onto in extreme situations.
Not to mention a sick anti-heal provided by a biotic grenade able to effectively wipe half the enemy team in a team fight if you land it properly.
28/05/2017 16:54Posted by NiMNoT
I don't know where to start because actually everypoint is soo wrong and no sense
Now i know that this guy is a retard who cant read....
28/05/2017 12:35Posted by GoldenPants
You just went full retard. Never go full retard.
...But who are you? fyi what i stated there are boring old facts, you can look them up in the wiki or whatever if you dont believe me.
Is there any reason Soldier 76's Biotic Field can't heal more?
Ana was far too strong by herself with 3 shot kills in 1v1s. Good anas could easily land 2 shots + nade+punch to kill any flanker, it gave her way too much value.

4 shots up from 3 and reduced nade dmg made a huge difference, its much better now.

As for Mercy vs Ana dps, mercy is only good CQ and has to swap to use it, also doesn't have nade or sleep to help. Ana also heals more and has the arguably the best CC/debuff skills in the game.
Low damage Widows rifle.

Should have ability to pierce shields. Also remove that odd delay before it deals max damage, who ever invented that is a .. well I won't be naming anything.