Platinum is hell.

Competitive Discussion
Too many toxic players and trolls. Most of the games I've played, they had a Pharah and we had a Junkrat who refuses to switch. I told him they have a Pharah, you should switch, but he doesn't care and keeps going 1v6. I can't climb to diamond because of these players.
yeah getting out of platinum to diamond was hard as !@#$. but once you get to diamond you'll never drop back down to plat hell (unless you REALLY deserve too, but then you don't belong in diamond, right?)
19/06/2017 11:33Posted by How2Carry
Too many toxic players and trolls. Most of the games I've played, they had a Pharah and we had a Junkrat who refuses to switch. I told him they have a Pharah, you should switch, but he doesn't care and keeps going 1v6. I can't climb to diamond because of these players.

Well in broze ppl run around like panicking murlocks.
in silver "they hurt themselfs
In gold they "know it all"
In plat they dont give a dmn - cos its their smurf and they came to train other hero.
Ddnt play with ppl higher than diam. so cant talk about it but from what i read and hear - its pretty much the same.

The problem is on the street not in game and since forcing them to be "gone" is not ok, we need to deal with them every day.
I cant climb to T500 coz of mercy mains I can relate.

Telling people to switch is toxic. It instantly triggers people into thinking your devaluing what they are doing. A better approach would be "Junkrat are you able to play X hero , because their X hero is giving us an issue."
21/06/2017 22:17Posted by Stovokor

Telling people to switch is toxic. It instantly triggers people into thinking your devaluing what they are doing. A better approach would be "Junkrat are you able to play X hero , because their X hero is giving us an issue."

my team doesnt even look at team chat.
The reason you can't climb to diamond is because you don't belong there.

The toxic players are in both teams, and there is a 50-50 to play with or against them, obviously with a small deviance.

But in the end, you are just on the rank group where you belong.
22/06/2017 15:15Posted by overflow

The toxic players are in both teams, and there is a 50-50 to play with or against them, obviously with a small deviance.

it is impossible when we have a damn 25 level which just tries to play hanzo but does nothing.
:D

I feel ur pain, had to climb all the way from silver to currently platinum, best teamwork players was in the gold rank and the momment i got to platinum its like train of trolls and thrower who just want to play the 1 hero they love and nothing else can make them change their mind.
in the mean time i feel forced to lose after lose and losing more SR then gaining on a win isnt helping as well.
Had good climb (around 100-200 SR points a day) in plan to reach Diamond rank this season but i cant see it happen, just today droped from 2750 to 2560 thx to 5/7 loses games had trolls and thrower who dont want to work with the team.
toxic

90% of the time I find that the most "toxic" person on a team is the one calling everyone toxic. Take this dumb terminology back to LoL please.
22/06/2017 15:15Posted by overflow

No it's nonsense. I had steady climb from 1800 to 2800, then I suddenly started to have terrible teams. I suspect fresh placement guys ended in platinum and caused this issue. I dropped to below 2500 at one moment. Then this week I got to 3000.

Did I miraculously git gut? No. I simply had luck for teams that cooperated together and were not toxic.

A fine match when we could not push payload to first point on route 66 and in defence we didn't allow then to move it further so we won.

I had many great matches and very even.
So from my experience you need like 50% luck and the rest is skill. The only scenario where this does not apply is if you play only 6v6 premades. Only there it's just about skill of your group.
20/06/2017 14:44Posted by Ex0rath
I cant climb to T500 coz of mercy mains I can relate.
Too many people dont understand what you mean by this lol.