Symm turrets working both ways.

General Discussion
Hello,

Has Bliz considered making Symms turrets work as damage or healing turrets?

So I was thinking, you can click ult once or twice depending on weather or not you need a portal or shield.
What if you could do the same with turrets? Same amount still, but you could then chose to have four damage turrets and two healing, or some other combination.

Thanks for reading.
Hi,

I like the idea
Would be nice to have more variance on viable supports...
Yea, besides, there would still be cooldown on making the turrets, so you'd have to think what would benefit the most in a given situation/location.
This is a good idea indeed, besides shes a support character that doesnt do much health, Great change for her
Before Symmetra's rework in December, they clearly stated they did not want to make her a healer.

Whether this has changed since, I do not know.
18/07/2017 21:28Posted by Caduceus
Before Symmetra's rework in December, the clearly stated they did not want to make her a healer.

Ah, thanks for the information Caduceus.
I was not aware of this.
18/07/2017 21:30Posted by Carnage
18/07/2017 21:28Posted by Caduceus
Before Symmetra's rework in December, the clearly stated they did not want to make her a healer.

Ah, thanks for the information Caduceus.
I was not aware of this.

No problem. I do like your idea a lot, but I honestly don't know if that's the direction they want to take with Sym.

Perhaps a builder/healer hybrid could be a new hero?
When you have shield gen + turrets healing symmetra would be almost unkillable in solo fight even for winston who can trash her turrets insta.
BUT if the beam could add dmg reduction to teammates - that would be nice. It would add more fun to symmetra gameplay and set her more in support position than she currently is.
omg i thought about it too... i mean... she's in the category with all the healers but shes the only one who cant do any heals...
making the turrets working both for damage and heal would be great: its the same as with ana's gun, if she shots the team it heals them, if she shots the enemy: it damages them.

it would be awesome if blizz do it.
Very nice idea, but Blizzard already said that they don't want Symmetra to be a healer and I'd rather see a new hero that places such "permanent" areas for healing.