Remove Symmetra from the game

General Discussion
I know people have complained about Symmetra since the release of Overwatch. However, this hero is the most un-fun hero in the game. The slogan the developers have for Overwatch is "Everything must be fun". So can someone tell me what is fun about Symmetra?

Symmetra has a primary fire which does a load of damage and requires nothing of you except the ability to hold down left click. I know that people justify this by saying "Winston's primary fire requires no aim what so over and yet you don't complain about him." that is because Winston's damage isn't stupid. Also, the fact that its range increases after it locks on to you and that it continues to lock on through walls is as broken as the original hook.

The secondary fire is not as bad, however it is still stupid. A Symmetra can just hold down right click for however long they want and then spam it into a choke and get a load of ult charge from it.

Her turrets are stupid. They have a stupid range and I understand that they have no health however when you have a teammate who insists they are countering Symmetra as Genji and so they get slaughtered by the turrets which then lead to you dying to them and you can't help your team (I'm a support main but proper supports like Lucio and Zen) so it is an instant defeat.

The barrier is just an excuse for Symmetra to run into your team and then slaughter everyone except when they are on your team and you die instantly.

Her shield gen is fine except for the fact it lasts forever basically. I don't care about it however the teleporter is stupid when it comes to stalling objectives. The Symmetra comes out and slaughters your team with her left clicking abilities and then the rest of her team comes through so the teleporter so it is gone but she quickly sets up her turrets on a choke and gains enough ult charge to place down another teleporter or a shield gen.

So what is fun about playing against a hero who does a load of damage with no real skill needed who just camps important areas who has a stupidly quick ult charge rate. Also, what is fun about playing with a Symmetra on your team. You don't get to improve your aim because the Symmetra just slaughters everything within a 10 mile radius; you don't learn how to stay alive properly because at the slightest bit of trouble you can just run away to wherever the Symmetra is set up and hide; you don't learn how to get better at the game because there is a teleporter just waiting to take you back to the fight with no bad consequences at all. Finally, what is fun about playing as Symmetra? You don't do get to learn any of the things I just mentioned and you don't learn how to be a team player because you are so self reliant.

In conclusion, Symmetra is stupid hero with stupid mechanics that brings no fun to a game that is meant to be centred around being fun for everyone. You could ask why I didn't rant about Torbjorn and that is because I have just finished a losing streak in Comp mainly caused by Symmetra's. It wasn't just Symmetra's on the enemy team it was Sym mains that I got on my team who only played as her on attack that did nothing all game and made it a 5v6.
Ah, the ever so returning case of gittus guddus.
I think i understand why you think this
Symmetra can be countered by Pharah, learn to play her and stop complaining.

Completely removing a character from the game will drastically change how everything works, and a lot of Symmetra mains will get extremely pissed. Her holding one button to do something can also be said about Mercy, who does loads of healing. And Winston does the same thing, yet has a load of health, so is worst. I agree with the fact that her lock on goes through walls, making it op, but over all she isn't that bad.

Her secondary fire is the same for everyone. Spam it into the choke and get ult charge. Everyone does the same thing, spam the choke. Mercy can just get a D.va in the choke and heal her, giving ridiculous ult charge. That's not a real argument.

The turret range is a bit annoying, but your argument here is that a Genji is on your team. You can't help that, but you can temporarily switch to Winston and take the turrets out, or Pharah, who is usually immune to Symmetra.

Teleporter is stupid when it comes to stalling objectives? Duh. You don't want the enemy team to get the objective, why would you? It gives them more chances of winning. Mei does the same thing. She can wall herself into a corner and not take damage. She can freeze herself and not take damage. Tracer and blink and recall around the point, basically just to stall for time. That's the point, she stalls so her team can win.

You don't learn how to be a team player? Stopping enemies coming through a choke, stalling the objective and either giving your team more health or an easy route back to the objective, or triggering the enemy team so they lose their chill sounds like a team player to me.

I do agree with the main attack locking through walls and the damage, as well as the turrets having a big range, but you're arguing about a character who is meant to be annoying. Overwatch won't removing Symmetra from the game.
It always a Genji.. that needs to be a meme!

I think everyone can agree the lock on is an issue which unfortunately blizzard don't seem to be able to solve. Even the power build up is a bit much but the character as whole adds a different dimension to game play and forces people to think differently.

If her opponents cant who's fault is that? and lets face it almost every character counters her because of her abysmal range.
Silver Genji main

You can't make this stuff up...
Knowing Blizzard they would never delete a whole character from the game. Blizzard tries to make every hero have a counter. Including Symmetra. Snipers such as Hanzo and Widowmaker can be good counters. So can Pharah.
She doesn't need to be removed from the game, but the damage of her primary weapon could be a little bit reduced.
08/07/2017 13:12Posted by StanleyFace
I know people have complained about Symmetra since the release of Overwatch. However, this hero is the most un-fun hero in the game. The slogan the developers have for Overwatch is "Everything must be fun". So can someone tell me what is fun about Symmetra?

Symmetra has a primary fire which does a load of damage and requires nothing of you except the ability to hold down left click. I know that people justify this by saying "Winston's primary fire requires no aim what so over and yet you don't complain about him." that is because Winston's damage isn't stupid. Also, the fact that its range increases after it locks on to you and that it continues to lock on through walls is as broken as the original hook.

The secondary fire is not as bad, however it is still stupid. A Symmetra can just hold down right click for however long they want and then spam it into a choke and get a load of ult charge from it.

Her turrets are stupid. They have a stupid range and I understand that they have no health however when you have a teammate who insists they are countering Symmetra as Genji and so they get slaughtered by the turrets which then lead to you dying to them and you can't help your team (I'm a support main but proper supports like Lucio and Zen) so it is an instant defeat.

The barrier is just an excuse for Symmetra to run into your team and then slaughter everyone except when they are on your team and you die instantly.

Her shield gen is fine except for the fact it lasts forever basically. I don't care about it however the teleporter is stupid when it comes to stalling objectives. The Symmetra comes out and slaughters your team with her left clicking abilities and then the rest of her team comes through so the teleporter so it is gone but she quickly sets up her turrets on a choke and gains enough ult charge to place down another teleporter or a shield gen.

So what is fun about playing against a hero who does a load of damage with no real skill needed who just camps important areas who has a stupidly quick ult charge rate. Also, what is fun about playing with a Symmetra on your team. You don't get to improve your aim because the Symmetra just slaughters everything within a 10 mile radius; you don't learn how to stay alive properly because at the slightest bit of trouble you can just run away to wherever the Symmetra is set up and hide; you don't learn how to get better at the game because there is a teleporter just waiting to take you back to the fight with no bad consequences at all. Finally, what is fun about playing as Symmetra? You don't do get to learn any of the things I just mentioned and you don't learn how to be a team player because you are so self reliant.

In conclusion, Symmetra is stupid hero with stupid mechanics that brings no fun to a game that is meant to be centred around being fun for everyone. You could ask why I didn't rant about Torbjorn and that is because I have just finished a losing streak in Comp mainly caused by Symmetra's. It wasn't just Symmetra's on the enemy team it was Sym mains that I got on my team who only played as her on attack that did nothing all game and made it a 5v6.

You have an inability to adapt to the oppoents or to look at the facts
Symmetra is a support class who only has 200 Hp.
She has the slowest ranged attack in the game
Every Character outperforms her in some aspect
Her shield is mobile making it useless for close range engagements
She can be nuked by any ranged Hero
Her playstyle forces her into the heart of the combat directly, as such making her a high risk and high reward character, where the risk of being nailed into the dirt by Reinhardt and his band of merry men rewards her with high power output
She has no defencive measure at close range
No damage ults
No sustain
No escape mechanism
And under Sombra's Ult loses her regenerative shield leaving her with a barely workable 100hp

You complain about her damage. Have you seen what Reaper can do with his headshots, escape mechanisms, mobility, sustain and outright damage. Have you seen how easilly a Torbjorn or Bastion can sit static and waste the team varely needing to move. Have you seen how quickly an Orisa can force a team into the crosshairs of a DPS blitzkrieg

You complain about a Teleporter that stalls the point. You dont complain about Mercy and her ability to ressurect her team leaving you to lose the inevitable war of attrition. You say nothing of Zenyatta and his invulnerability and the most powerful heal in the game. Nothing about Lucio and his overwhelming shield.

You say "Fun for everyone" when in fact you mean only fun for you. You get placed against better players who know how to utilise Symmetra properly enough to waste you so she's overpowered.. you get placed with people who dont or are not given the support to put her skillset to use, so you're bitter. Because you cant support your team sufficiently nor use your god given common sense to alter your tactics, whether that be in choosing a suitable counter or circmventing a choke, ALL of the symmetras must be banished from the game and suffer

So what happens when its your main that has its head on the chopping black because some Bronze player cant seem to outdamage Zenyattas heals and discords? when that one Lucio played like trash. when the Mercy three games back decided to break the meta and powerboost the Hanzo all game instead of healing the team. When the Enemy Ana has the sniping skill of Rambo and seems to pick on that one person

By forcing one of the Heroes into the guillotine you put them all in line. By demanding that Symmetra be cast out from the game you prove yourself only to be a petulant child who has the mentality of "If i cant win nobody can" and that is a cancerous attitude that needs to be put to heel in this community. Period
It's funny because the players of lower rank ask for nerf or remove the heroes who their can't counter
its only because you evidently aren't good enough to kill her. She has a small health pool, she can only do stuff to you effectively if she gets close and shes honestly awful at tackling groups at enemies unless shes got her weapon powered to the max and the teams mostly DPS, it doesn't tke much to kill her.
Why I don't agree with everything OP said, I can understand where they're coming from. Some parts of Symmetra's mechanics are a bit bull. Namely, the distance of her primary fire/beam and the amount of energy it can rack up to. If you get caught with her, not many people are able to escape.

Generally don't have a problem with the Turrets though. Can be a tad annoying at first, but as soon as everyone knows where they are, you can avoid them- or just run a counter such as Winston. Don't have a problem with either of her Ults.
I take great pleasure of putting Symmetra mains in the spawn room over and over.

Her and her damn turrets are such a bloody nuisance... The often hidden away and by the time you spot them you're slowed down to buggery and become a target for everyone and they seemingly stick around even though when she dies.

Literally no skill to use her, just build and shoot in a direction and continue charge to next enemy at full power.

And it follows you round bloody corners, didn't roadhog get nerfed for that with his chain?
Winston, BOOM COUNTERED, phara BOOM COUNTERED, junkrat BOOM COUNTERED

JERRY HOW MANY COUNTERS IS THAT SO FAR?

That would be 3 jeff!

THANK YOU JERRY!
Like every hero in the game can kill symmetra seriously stop making these stupid embarrassing threads
I'm not even gonna read this, it just seems like complete bait.