Why am I not climbing

Competitive Discussion
Hi guys, I'm a soldier main and am level 420 or something, but I just cannot get into diamond. Could you have a quick look at my footage? What do I do wrong? Thanks in advance!

https://www.youtube.com/my_videos?o=U

Greetings Donlef.
Bud that link will take people to their videos not yours, just give a link to one of your actual videos.
lmao xDDD
level does not determine skill.
Because blizzard doesnt want you to. Its very obvious. They match golds with season-high masters because of their logical decay system.
Because they want you to grind for weeks like a crack addict or a gambler, the forced win/losses based on your MMR is obvious and Blizzard is lying about the matches not being rigged.
@Fean, how stupid :D:D Thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O97vG885V1Q

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MY03GCO5bh0

Greetings Donlef!
OK well like two things I don't see happening which might help, first one is you always spray even at range, this is fine your spray control looks solid however some controlled bursts would likely really help with getting faster kills from headshots, the final one is I didn't see you use your healing for anything but yourself, I always look for where I can heal my supports and tanks when needed.

Might help might not, good luck bud.
Mouse sensitivity is too high for my taste. You seem to be doing more or less fine with it at range though, but up close you're overtracking heavily and thus missing most shots (example: hanzo at the top of the tower stairs). I suspect you also deal poorly with genjis.

Poor awareness (average for gold level though). Same hanzo: you didn't hear him jumping off his high ground and didn't expect to bump into him where you did. Second example is you running past symmetra's turrets, getting a bit microwaved and not even noticing it. Not an issue for you, but your teammates could die if they followed. It's your job to clear that crap. Also it's feeding her ult.

Questionable tactics. Instead of trying to contest on overtime, you just retreat to a safe zone. Why? You have to stall in these kind of situations, at least run around the payload and try to survive until your team gets there. You're a highly mobile character. It's worth it even if you die in the process.

Average ult management. Using it while inside the graviton and you can barely tell what's around you is a terrible idea. In most cases you would just die having wasted your ult for nothing on top of that. Try to use it when you feel like you're getting overwhelmed, e.g. the second dps or one of the healers died and the enemy started pushing aggressively. Knowing when to ult and from what position is game sense.

Terrible biotic field management. Don't use it to heal 10 hp, especially if there are health packs around. Instead of ulting inside that graviton, you had to put down a biotic field for additional sustain, both for yourself and your teammates.

When shooting and especially ulting from high ground, try not to hide or retreat back. Once you feel like you're starting to get focused too much, just put a biotic field down and move around a bit, instead of falling back and waiting for the field to fully heal you. Use your biotic field as sustain: it's not a health pack, it's your mini-healer. It doesn't and shouldn't distract you from the fight.

Right now I'd say you belong to mid-gold - low-plat. Improve the aspects I mentioned, especially the part with awareness and ult management, and you'll climb.
24/08/2017 13:44Posted by Kojax
Because they want you to grind for weeks like a crack addict or a gambler, the forced win/losses based on your MMR is obvious and Blizzard is lying about the matches not being rigged.

are u stuck in gold by any chance?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O97vG885V1Q

I watched 2 seconds of this video and I can already tell your issues.

See within the first 2 secs of the round, pharah was in the air and you were spraying and praying and didn't hit anything.
Burst fire for accuracy (tap fire), obviously aim for head, and only spray at close range. This will increase accuracy and your dps big time.
Second issue, you are static, soldier has a sprint for a reason, make yourself unpredictable, move around the battlefield and keep the enemy guessing where you are, hitting them in the flanks.

A good tip is slam the heals down for your team, not always save it for yourself, it has a fast cooldown. Put it in a general area where everyone can benefit from it, like behind rein.
Probably goes without saying but I will say it anyway, if the enemy sees your heals on the ground, they know soldier is about, so don't do that unless in desperate cases, run for the health packs, better yet run for a healer so they can build ult. Or if you are skilled enough bait them into it by hitting it in a area but hiding round a corner.

What I do in most close engagements is spray at head until clip is empty, helix, slam down heals while bunnyhoping into them and reloading.

I'm nowhere near a pro at soldier, but most of this is common sense.
Thanks for feedback!
My mouse sensitivity is 2,36 btw. That isn't too high right?
25/08/2017 13:48Posted by DonLef

What DPI?
I think 800 DPI. What should it be?
25/08/2017 13:55Posted by Ƈyamites
25/08/2017 13:48Posted by DonLef

What DPI?

Could you review it also Cyamites? Just a few minutes? Thanks!

Greetings!
Mouse sensitivity is a personal preference, I wouldn't really suggest listening to others on that, also some people play with the wrist, some with the forearm, so numbers are never exact. Plus you would have to relearn muscle memory.
25/08/2017 14:09Posted by DonLef
<span class="truncated">...</span>
What DPI?

Greetings!

For me that's like WAAAAY too low. I play at 4.5 sens 1200dpi but it's all about personal preference.

Also sorry but I can't review your gameplay atleast for the next 2 days (away from home). But when I get back I can have a look.

I'm on mobile and the video quality is 144p so I really can't see anything but I took a peek anyway and right off the bat I can say that you should never queue in that large groups. I have no idea what kind of comms your team had but as you can see the enemy team is a 6 stack so they might have better comms and coordination than your team. Also I don't know what the team's avg sr's were.

SoloQ: Fine
DuoQ: Optimal
TrioQ+: Not good
A tip i dont see here:

Use you biotic field to heal team mates, specially tanks. It charges your ult. Not by much but the sooner you have it the better.
25/08/2017 14:09Posted by DonLef
25/08/2017 13:55Posted by Ƈyamites
What DPI?

Greetings!

for soldier i would probably higher your sensitivity people usually use that low of a sensitivity for sniping mcree etc im on 800 dpi atm 2.75 and i know that if i higher it i would be able to play genji tracer alot better but i still main sniper so it wont be changed most soldier players will be playing at 800 dpi 4-8 sensitivity.