Is competetive even worth playing anymore?

General Discussion
I decided to finally do my placements, got matched mostly with master players but got placed in mid diamond.... then proceeded to play 10 games, and every single one of them had a leaver, or a troll.... a symmetra making friends with the enemy, a tank changing to widow and jsut sitting in spawn cause she got mad at our mcree... it feels like Comp is just a luck nowadays.
I played will in most the games but I still get punished cause some guy decided to throw, how's that in any way a fair matchmaking system?
It's not. The game is designed to keep you at 50% win rate. It's not worth it outside of your 10 placements, and even those are worthless since you always place within 100 SR of your last season.
Dont bother i rarely get any decent matches because the matchmaker usually throws me with 5 DPS mains into a team. Then nobody wants to pick tanks or a 2nd support which results in a loss 99% of the time.
I had close to 70% winrate until the season end date notification went up. Since then I've lost almost all my games.

It's incredibly frustrating to lose 26 SR when my teammate leaves. That's not my fault! Last time we were winning on Dorado, and I was on fire. Then one of us leaves, and others slowly follow. I kept playing with 1 other ally just to stick a big middle finger in the enemy team's face.
I noticed, and this is the worst season by far, that playing competitive in the last week of the season is pretty much a waste of time. I always get the leavers, the "I didn't reach my goal so now I troll until next season" and the "I get angry as soon as someone sneezes because I wanna reach my goal" guys.

I just stack 6 days before decay when there is 6 days left and stop playing until next season ^^
26/10/2017 03:33Posted by Blacklight
It's not. The game is designed to keep you at 50% win rate. It's not worth it outside of your 10 placements, and even those are worthless since you always place within 100 SR of your last season.
I used to love OW but now I'm not enjoying it at all. Just came back from a long break but man I might be completely done with this game.

There's just so incredibly many griefers. In every single game there is one. Huge potential but once the community is fed up the game is done. Which already shows in the statistics.
I find it more and more difficult to care about Overwatch any more, simply because of the dismal quality in their MM and their fights. 1 out of 1000 fights might perhaps be engaging and intense, the rest are just roflstomps one way or the other. And that goes for both QP and Competitive.

I've not even bothered going placements for Competitive S6, because what is new? Nothing. They've not addressed the issues from the previous 5 seasons and judging from the forum posts, my assessment of competitive has been spot on because people are still complaining about issues they reported back at the beginning of season. So I'm just starting to think that Blizzard simply don't care about their player's enjoyment of the game, they're just busy making an E-Sport out of the game, and care only about the entertainment value towards that goal.
I feel like tactic and plays have taken the backseat, and "who get's the least trolls/ ragers/ inept/ mouthbreathing players" is the main drive.... especially as a support main it just feels like rolling the slot mchine, you can call good picks but only half your team is in voicechat, the other hald doesnt listen anyway.

And just to top if of the rest of the players are genji/ hanzo 1 tricks that will litterally refuse to play anything else and will throw cause you even called them out or asked them politely to change
Never even started it all year..... Never thought it was fun to play with so much unbalanced heroes. (Wanted variety, keep seeing the same team comps.)

The biggest problem there is role system, Offense and Defense Roles for example should have never been a thing. (should have been just DPS) And some heroes who were dragged along actually should put under the Tank or Support roles. (And should benefits with it.

Mei for example is a tank.

(Also Doomfist was also going to be a tank.)
Yup. Got into the same situation yesterday. 11 games with trolls and griefers in a row.
I don't know, last night I won once from 10 matches, I almost cried out of joy when I won after so many losses. Friend got deranked in the process aswell.
It's not that we were bad, trust me we tried our best, but somehow we managed to get players who rather stick to their favorite "super-awesome" dps/sniper class rather than players who keep team composition in mind first.
They say low ranks are "elo-hell" maybe? Nevertheless I thought in gold we could get decent, balanced matches considering the majority of players are here but no. 1 out of 10 was a win. Never playing in this season again.
Maybe next time will be different.
28/10/2017 07:13Posted by JonnyB
Maybe next time will be different.
Man, I was in the bronze. Climbed all the way up to the high platinum. I was in elo-hell of low silver and saw all types of trolls, griefers and onetricks, but I can tell you - this season is literally the worst. Never before I got 11 matches with them in a row. Possibly this is because most of the players already got their first golden weapons so they don't even try anymore because they don't even see a point in it - they will get their SR coins anyways, because Blizz give them out for the max rank player had achieved in a season so they are just throwing now.
And this is a problem with 2m rotation. You just can't do anything if you have full time job. Today was the first weekend when I had no work to be done so I tried to spend it on finishing Competitive in Overwatch. Placements went fine, because there were people who also tried to get through them but then - yeah, it's a !@#$fest.
Games can be very frustrating in comp... I personally climbed a fair bit this season, but now I'm stuck at 2850 sr. Literally as soon as I go up there, I loose a couple of games because of throwers or just pure toxic players. Then I go back up, then loose again, then go back up again. And it has been the case for the last half a month.
don't bother, before people made an effort in comp, now you will always see people play hanzo and leave team chat thinking they will seagul the match...

you'll end up loosing terribly. I really wonder if reporting for poor teamwork actually is doing anything.

Game is sadly dying and it sucks
Well there are a few reasons for that.

1. The season is ending. That means more people who throw/ don't take the game seriously.

2. You are playing solo. When you are playing solo, you get bigger odds for meeting such players than if you play in a group
Guys I have a question, imagine someone that's diamond or Plat and with the new placement system he throws the season 7 placements, can he get to bronze or u will still remain in plat or gold?
28/10/2017 16:05Posted by TimTheTatman
Guys I have a question, imagine someone that's diamond or Plat and with the new placement system he throws the season 7 placements, can he get to bronze or u will still remain in plat or gold?

No because it still rates you against the opposition. Presumably it would just choose worse opponents but I doubt it would go from diamond down to bronze