genji genji genji...

General Discussion
every game has genji and they dominate Play of the game 99% time.
the trick with genji is just stay far away from him and " don't shoot genji"
22/09/2017 19:26Posted by Nooboflife

"Stay away from him"
He just dashes to you though, and he can wall climb and deflect too which allows him to get even closer.
Being honest, I don't even think you can stay away from him for too long. Genji's just so annoying.
Play Winston or symm then their weapons lock onto him. He isn't a hard hero to counter people just rather play DPS than actually playing a proper team comp.
22/09/2017 20:18Posted by Caduceus

"Stay away from him"
He just dashes to you though, and he can wall climb and deflect too which allows him to get even closer.
Being honest, I don't even think you can stay away from him for too long. Genji's just so annoying.

maybe.. idk you could shoot him? just a suggestion

Ignore the deadly hero. Great advice.
Well tbf I dislike the annoying genjis they often run in front of me from blind side at point blank and make me kill myself.

But other than that as a bastion player I always try to shoot the match stick genji if I see him pestering team mates, normally they love me as bastion, the best chance I have is to run and jump around wildly and make them use deflect, then hope I have time to go into sentry and melt that annoying jumping frog.
once Genji is nerfed blizzard lose 90% of their community, they don't want that. it took them already 4 seasons to get over the tripple jump nerf, which was a minor nerf imagine they touch him even more. I have no hours on genji at all but yet I'm able to get at least every ult 2 to 3 kills without effort just using the it at the right time.
i fully agree, genji is the disease in this game.
22/09/2017 21:20Posted by SolarFury
22/09/2017 20:18Posted by Caduceus
"Stay away from him"

maybe.. idk you could shoot him? just a suggestion

Gl trying to hit him...
Let's see how many downvotes I will get just because I have more hours on genji than on any other hero (even tho I only mained him the first months of the game).
Genji doesn't need a nerf. I usually play zarya and mercy sometimes nowadays and I don't think he needs a nerf at all. People need to stop calling for a hero to get nerfed just cuz they think the hero is annying.
I think the problem with genji is that his counters aren't spread across multiple roles, his main counters fall under roles people don't enjoy playing, such as sym and Winston, personally I will play if a genji is destroying us, but other characters in the game have counters spanning other roles instead of these very specific two characters, and usually the case is that if you don't have these two selected, a lot of the time people don't want to switch to them, its a shame you need something very specific to kill the weeb.
Symmetra.
Winston.
McCree.
Reinhardt.
Doomfist.
Mei.
Zarya.

Pick and of these and you're fine.

23/09/2017 15:55Posted by AntiQ
Let's see how many downvotes I will get just because I have more hours on genji than on any other hero (even tho I only mained him the first months of the game).
Genji doesn't need a nerf. I usually play zarya and mercy sometimes nowadays and I don't think he needs a nerf at all. People need to stop calling for a hero to get nerfed just cuz they think the hero is annying.

I'm downvoting you because you are literally asking for it.
If people downvote you have 'prooved your point', and if they don't they agree with you. People that simply disagree with you can never win with you, and that's why you deserve a downvote. I agree though, he doesn't need a nerf at all.
There are bigger problems than Genji in Overwatch right now. Your inability to deal with Genji is most likely mere lack of skill. Look at actual problems like the new Mercy. She is probably the biggest real concern in OW right now.

I do not understand what is up with the people on this forums and all the hate of Genji that everybody here shares. It's almost cult like...or fascist like.
"You must hate Genji! If you every play Genji, defend Genji or even talk about Genji you will be put to death!"

This is weird and scary af
If genji dominates, how come you don't play genji? It takes skill to be a good genji and most of the genjis I lay with aren't good and are therefore tons of fun to kill
24/09/2017 03:29Posted by MrNarrator
If genji dominates, how come you don't play genji? It takes skill to be a good genji and most of the genjis I lay with aren't good and are therefore tons of fun to kill

I have considered playing the genji, and I was terrible with the genji, but I am always terrible with all players until I put hours in, genji for me isn't a hero worth considering to play a lot as because.

1. almost every game genji is a pick, therefore almost every game I wont be able to play the genji because someone else has already taken him.

genji is OP, simple as that, no other class is a sniper a mobile dps a tank saving hero, a suicide enforcer.

then we have his ultimate a total joke, it consistently can wipe 3- 4 players or more.

zero skill, some ppl dont want to be a lame class.
24/09/2017 10:53Posted by Brainstorm
zero skill, some ppl dont want to be a lame class.

Junkrat main talking about skill lol.
Genji needs to be taken out of the game entirely at this point.

I'm sick to death of him. This character has single handedly ruined the game experience
Genji dominating POTG

Hasn't this been a thing since day 1?