Unable to play due "Lost Connection to Game Server" issue

Technical Support
Hello,

I know I'm just going to get a copy-pasted "try the troubleshooting" message, as that's all every single thread on here as received with a similar issue over the past month or so that I've been meticulously scrawling through your forums in an attempt to allow me to play this game.

However, I've figured I've gotten to the point where I genuinely need further assistance from Blizzard and as such must formally request it here. Things I have done:

• EVERYTHING under the connection/trouble shooting guide (including flush dns, renew ip, mess around with my wireless adaptor settings)
  • Scan and repair the game
  • Troll through the forums of similar topics searching for a similar answer
  • Created more application and port rules for my router and firewall/antivirus software than you can shake a stick at (and also tried with my antivirus OFF)
  • Ran a path-ping/traceroute through looking glass every time I have been disconnected with almost no differences between them every time
  • Tried loading the game through different regions in an attempt to overcome the random "lost connection" message with no luck
  • Ran the in-game connection overlay with no abnormalities that I could see, apart from a momentary ping spike above 100ms every now and then, but didn't affect gameplay during the time it was connected
  • Use other Blizzard games online with no issues like this at all
  • Happened to try it on a different computer using a hotel's (more restrictive) internet connection and DIDN'T get this error, allowing me to actually play it

I can provide the looking glass report to assist in getting to the bottom of this because it really is very frustrating. I have friends on the same ISP that don't have this issue so I have no idea what the problem could be.

Appreciate your time,

DB
Hey there!

Thanks for letting us know what you've done already!

Please can you provide the following so we can investigate further:

I'm having a similar issue and I noticed that I had the 1.17.0.3 Patch and according to the playoverwatch website there's supposed to be a 1.18.x.x patch.

So I tried the 'Check for Updates' option in the launcher without any luck. The game has been looking for updates non-stop for over 20 minutes now.
I also tried to uninstall the game entirely and this has been going on for over 10 minutes.

I know very little about this stuff but if there is indeed a 1.18.x.x patch then, at least my issue, appears to be that I am unable to both download and detect this newer version of the game and that's why I can't connect.
Why on earth I can't even uninstall the game however I've no idea.

Hope any of that helps.
Cheers!
Is it best to open a ticket and upload the requested information as files then?
I have this issue for about a year now.
I get disconnected mid-game most of the time or i can't even join a game.
searching for solutions for a year now.
13/12/2017 15:40Posted by Dethbullet
Hello,

I know I'm just going to get a copy-pasted "try the troubleshooting" message, as that's all every single thread on here as received with a similar issue over the past month

Hello and welcome to the club.
You'll get ignored as it happens to everyone reporting this issue, no matters how kind you try to be or how detailed are the info you provide.
You can put the files on pastebin and post them here :)
Same issue ever since the Moira patch.
I played for 3 hours in Quick Play with no problems. Tried one competitive match and was disconnected just as the match started and by the time I logged back in I couldn’t rejoin. Went back to Quick Play and no problems since. This happened last few times I tried competitive. Would like to play comp. but the game just won’t let me. Such a shame as it’s a great game.
The only gamemode than works 100% of the time is quick play, rest is crap. even arcade.
Why isnt Blizzard fixing this? like i guess you had at least a year to try to solve it...
13/12/2017 15:57Posted by Brewalynne
Hey there!

Thanks for letting us know what you've done already!

Please can you provide the following so we can investigate further:

• [url="https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/7871?utm_source=internal-support_forums&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCSEU&utm_content=solution"]Pathping[/url]
  • [url="https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/7870?utm_source=internal-support_forums&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCSEU&utm_content=solution"]Traceroute[/url]
  • [url="https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/27780?utm_source=internal-support_forums&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCSEU&utm_content=solution"]WinMTR[/url]
  • [url="https://eu.battle.net/support/en/article/12988?utm_source=internal-support_forums&utm_medium=posting&utm_campaign=BlizzardCSEU&utm_content=solution"]MSInfo and DxDiag[/url]

which region should we routetrace playing on SEA (US Server)? West US?