Mercy nerf is bad for the game overall

Competitive Discussion
21/01/2018 16:49Posted by Mitsuha
21/01/2018 09:22Posted by Starbug
...Pretty sure most people/tiers are sick to death of the Mercy res, not just the top 1%.

people have 1.5 seconds to stop the rez....... its really not that hard lol people just dont focus healers then cry that shes op and needs changing if you go in and use reaper ult with out your team getting together and taking our the mercy and get 2 kills just for them to be rezed by mercy then that s your fault focusing mercy is so easy she literally cont even defend herself

but it's instant in Valk lol
Mercy is not OP - you can kill her if targeted and if the enemy team sux in peeling and defending her,but she is a must pick - the team that has Mercy will win majority of the time compared to a the team w/o Mercy because of rez, it's simple as that.
You might like playing Mercy all the time - I don't and I'm being forced into it because the other main healers can't compare in utility.
I don't want Mercy being nerfed to the ground, but I don't want her being a win condition either.
Res is not even the problem it’s valk that is the problem. 2 res, can fly for duration of ultimate, heal multiple people, damage boost multiple people, move faster, has a harder to hit hit box then mini dva.

If you don’t think valk is a problem in this game then your opinion doesn’t even matter anyways.
15/01/2018 16:37Posted by Paradox
Yes but look at what pros , there are just as many like jake of houston outlaws who thinks it's way too far. You should only nerf if you can't counter. Her res is counterable.

As far as must pick during the three tank meta anna was a must pick , so blizzards solution was to nerf her, now they are buffing her again , kind of silly. You don't nerf a character because it's a must pick. Reinhart used to be a must pick as well

Her ress is instant during Valkyrie, so hardly something you can counter. If you ress a player in the middle of a battlefield without Valkyrie and with everyone focusing you, you're doing it wrong. You could, most likely, ress someone that allows you to stay in hiding and not die.
It is fairly OP, even if you can stun/knock her out of range.

If you ask me, there shouldn't be a ressurrect in this game. It breaks it more than it helps it.
I always laugh at the people who believe turning a 4v6 into a 6v6 + godlike chain healing with a q press isn't unacceptable. There's no other single ultimate that can reliably, 100% of the time pull back a 4v6 to a won fight.
She is a must pick currently she has no conter play and is nearly unkillable by half the roster

Keeping her the way she is more detrimental to the game then changing her. right now she unambiguously dominates the game

It's not fun, rewards reckless play and is super effective.
15/01/2018 06:23Posted by Paradox
Blizzard is about to make a huge mistake when it comes to future money they will bring in and also the success of the league. When they bring about this nerf mercy will no longer be played, and the repercussions is they will lose about 20 percent of their player base as their a lot of females who play mercy , and she is what brought them to the game in the first place.

When you are trying to increase player veiwership of the league taking down or out one of your iconic characters is just dumb business. Yes the valkyrie needed to be ruduced to 15 seconds but that is what needed to be nerfed.

What we really need is a committee of pros to help with balance issues , instead of right now Bizzard only listening to the whining NA players , who they really take their cues from. We saw this same thing happen with Anna in the past when the koreans showed us how unbelievable she was in the hands of good players. But on NA servers , there were so many whiners who really just don't have skills to begin with , so they whine.

The state of the game is why I stay on this fun act and no longer play my real acts any more. This is just a dumb choice , and Jake from Houston Outlaws thinks so as well as large number of pros who are saying the same thing.

This is a pivotal moment in OW history . does Blizzard listen to the whiners from now on to balance the game or do they listen to the Pros who actually understand the game. EVen top 500 players do not even play the same game as the top Korean teams. Half of them just don't play the game on a pro level and never will. Too much individual glory play even up at this level I have experienced and unless you have a six stack , the games in no way resemble pro games whatsover. We neeed to listen to the experts the pros , not blizzard. Blizzard you really should not even be deciding things , none of you are at the pro level and you just don't completely understand the game you created now that is grown to 26 heroes.

Problem is they are developers , they are not masters of strategy and they are not professinal esports players , and they are not even that knowledgeable about miltiary tactics or strategy in general.Frankly they are unqualified to determine anything on top tier strategic level.

So you're saying mercy should be completely OP because it brings in no skill players that can get to a top rank but will leave because they're too unskilled to play another character.
Please don't say she wasn't OP coz they asked the OWL players if they had to remove one character it would be ... and all said mercy except for 1. And nearly all games had mercy's.
Valk does tip the scales massively in her favour. Even at close range with good solid hits she just brushes it off and like hell are casuals aware enough to focus fire.

Valk aside the problem is peoples attitude towards rez, they treat it like a get out of jail free card. People go in wreckless because it's OK mercy can save the day...

Pocket healing is my other issue with her, I don't mind playing her when it's needed but I'm so sick of people crying because I'm not following them around on a potential suicide mission. There is a good selection of healers now since Moira was added, I still think lucio could do with a faster rate, but it's not vital to take mercy for every single match.

The nerf is needed for the sake of gameplay and more importantly team play.
to lazy to read all of this bs about the mercy change love it and i love that the meta is open again. you picked mercy and the enemy dindt (before patch) you lost. now you can play what ever healer you like. for the unskilled players try junk no aim required xxx
No it's good for game, now we can report Mercy one tricks.
You do realise almost all the pros (i say almost just to be sure but EVERY pro I heard) say that they hope mercy gets nerfed into the ground because they find rez punishing high risk plays and hope she gets nerfed into F tier.

In whole team interviews when they get asked if they could take a hero out they all say "mercy", so clearly they are listening to pros.
15/01/2018 06:23Posted by Paradox
Blizzard is about to make a huge mistake when it comes to future money they will bring in and also the success of the league. When they bring about this nerf mercy will no longer be played, and the repercussions is they will lose about 20 percent of their player base as their a lot of females who play mercy , and she is what brought them to the game in the first place.

When you are trying to increase player veiwership of the league taking down or out one of your iconic characters is just dumb business. Yes the valkyrie needed to be ruduced to 15 seconds but that is what needed to be nerfed.

What we really need is a committee of pros to help with balance issues , instead of right now Bizzard only listening to the whining NA players , who they really take their cues from. We saw this same thing happen with Anna in the past when the koreans showed us how unbelievable she was in the hands of good players. But on NA servers , there were so many whiners who really just don't have skills to begin with , so they whine.

The state of the game is why I stay on this fun act and no longer play my real acts any more. This is just a dumb choice , and Jake from Houston Outlaws thinks so as well as large number of pros who are saying the same thing.

This is a pivotal moment in OW history . does Blizzard listen to the whiners from now on to balance the game or do they listen to the Pros who actually understand the game. EVen top 500 players do not even play the same game as the top Korean teams. Half of them just don't play the game on a pro level and never will. Too much individual glory play even up at this level I have experienced and unless you have a six stack , the games in no way resemble pro games whatsover. We neeed to listen to the experts the pros , not blizzard. Blizzard you really should not even be deciding things , none of you are at the pro level and you just don't completely understand the game you created now that is grown to 26 heroes.

Problem is they are developers , they are not masters of strategy and they are not professinal esports players , and they are not even that knowledgeable about miltiary tactics or strategy in general.Frankly they are unqualified to determine anything on top tier strategic level.

Trust and BELIEVE that this change was made solely for their own interests and profits and removing her from Part 2 of the OWL.