Kids ruin competitive!

Competitive Discussion
they ruin the game i realise of that because i was playing competitive during the school time (in the morning) and late night when they should be sleeping and i won 4 matches in a row it was the same at night. when they came back from school i just started to lose all the matches.
most of them dont even play as a team they only pick dps, or maybe are obsessed with one hero and even if the team is losing they dont swap.

should we play during (school time, late night)?
Pretty sure it's been general knowledge since the beginning of online gaming that you avoid playing during hours that kids are home any time you are taking it seriously.
This is why I wish Blizzard would introduce a junior and senior league.

Anyone under 18 to juniors and over 18 to senior.

I have played with kids in competitive that are so young that they can barely string sentences together. I am talking 4 or 5 year olds probably.

Obviously they can't really play, and you lose and lose and lose.

However, I am sure that if we keep swearing at them they will eventually go away. I see no other option at this point.
13/01/2018 00:03Posted by Jestyrs
Pretty sure it's been general knowledge since the beginning of online gaming that you avoid playing during hours that kids are home any time you are taking it seriously.

I've found that around the time kids come home from school, is a terrible time to be playing competitive.

I hate to generalize, but many of the problem players I meet tend to be very young.

I've met plenty kids who are calm, collected and focused and very nice to be playing with. They seem to be a minority though.

14/01/2018 07:48Posted by ElderNoob

I have played with kids in competitive that are so young that they can barely string sentences together. I am talking 4 or 5 year olds probably.

Overwatch is a 13+ game, so that would be a problem.

12/01/2018 23:48Posted by DJFAVIO

should we play during (school time, late night)?

Past midnight your local time is probably also a bad time to be playing comp, as there are too many who play like zombies with no brain activity present when they are tired. There are also higher amount of trolls very late at night.
Children have no idea of how bad they are at things, and of course, its not their fault that they know pretty much nothing but they dont even acknowledge any advice or critiscism, they do ruin a lot of online team based games and yes, they should have their own servers.
it does also seem to be children who are the most bitter and venomous trolls during matches but as i said, its not their fault that they are so insecure.
So children is now the new reason why your stuck at your rank? Ive played with few kids and sure they were annoying the the voice, but not toxic or yelling retarded sh*t like most adults with mics.
14/01/2018 07:48Posted by ElderNoob
This is why I wish Blizzard would introduce a junior and senior league.

Anyone under 18 to juniors and over 18 to senior.

Hahhaha... Its not like kids make their age higher so they can play other games in battle.net like destiny 2
Adults can be equally as nasty. Some way more.
I do agree that games are worse 5-9pm on weekdays, but it seems to be an issue on both teams, so doesn't make an impact on SR really. I usually just go widow and kill them while they're mindlessly barrelling through the chokes, totally mindless of the fact they have a rein with a shield to hide behind. But then again, rein is busy charging in alone, or swinging madly, so n/m...

I wish kids could control their focus, and perhaps their impulses, but when both sides are full of these lunatics, it makes it more evenly matched than usual. Coinflip, basically.
12/05/2018 13:55Posted by TheExodus
I wish kids could control their focus, and perhaps their impulses, but when both sides are full of these lunatics, it makes it more evenly matched than usual. Coinflip, basically.

Yea its a coinflip if your a "mindless kid" as well. If not its 6 mindless kids vs 5 mindless kids + 1 adult who will carry the f out the game and get free elo.
12/05/2018 14:19Posted by Basso
12/05/2018 13:55Posted by TheExodus

Yea its a coinflip if your a "mindless kid" as well. If not its 6 mindless kids vs 5 mindless kids + 1 adult who will carry the f out the game and get free elo.

Which is quite unlikely to happen consistently in the long run. It will be the same on both sides, on average.
12/05/2018 14:38Posted by TheExodus
Which is quite unlikely to happen consistently in the long run. It will be the same on both sides, on average.

Actually its not. On average its 5 kids for you team to 6 on enemy team, unless your a kid. But then again, if you dont understand maths at this easy level your prolly a kid your self as well.
12/05/2018 15:25Posted by Basso
12/05/2018 14:38Posted by TheExodus

Actually its not. On average its 5 kids for you team to 6 on enemy team, unless your a kid. But then again, if you dont understand maths at this easy level your prolly a kid your self as well.

Can you explain the statistics behind both sides not having the same distribution of kids and adults?
12/05/2018 16:43Posted by TheExodus
Can you explain the statistics behind both sides not having the same distribution of kids and adults?

Because one side has one constant and the other doesent? I wouldnt consider that even maths but common sense.
12/05/2018 16:58Posted by Basso
12/05/2018 16:43Posted by TheExodus

Because one side has one constant and the other doesent? I wouldnt consider that even maths but common sense.

No, that's flawed logic. Your reasoning is basically the same as the gambler's fallacy. The fact that you know there's an adult on your team does not make it less likely for having an adult on the other team aswell. Unless you consider adults to be a limited resource, and kids an unlimited one. Which would be speculation.
Just in case you still didnt understand.

Lets say you play 10000 games so the luck factor is really minimal and doesent really account. Lets say 50% of the player base is kids. That means when you play 10000 games on average you will have 25000 kids in your teams and 30000 kids on enemy teams. This is if you are not a kid. If you are a kid you will have 35000 kids on your teams because you are one. Even if you are unlucky and lets say you happen to get more kids on your team like 51% and enemy team has only 49% thats still more kids on enemy side unless your a kid your self. 25400 vs 29400.

Lets say some extreme case of unlucky that never happens in the long run but can ofc happen in the short run you have 55% kids and enemy team has 45% kids you meet 27500 vs 27000. Thats 500 more kids in your team than enemy team in 10000 games. Thats 5 games out of 100 games when you have an extra kid in your team. Thats nothing and 55-45 odds dont happen in long run anyways. So sure you play 100 games and you have few more kids in your teams during those 100 games. Can happen and will happen. Some will experience few less.
12/05/2018 17:03Posted by TheExodus
No, that's flawed logic. Your reasoning is basically the same as the gambler's fallacy. The fact that you know there's an adult on your team does not make it less likely for having an adult on the other team aswell. Unless you consider adults to be a limited resource, and kids an unlimited one. Which would be speculation.

Thank god I typed the answer for that already. I knew you wouldnt understand that. And yeah talking about gambling. Do you know why the house always wins? Because maths dont fail you in long run.
12/05/2018 17:14Posted by Basso
12/05/2018 17:03Posted by TheExodus

Thank god I typed the answer for that already. I knew you wouldnt understand that. And yeah talking about gambling. Do you know why the house always wins? Because maths dont fail you in long run.

Let me make this very simple for you, so we'll make the assumption the player pool is infinite, and as the scenario we're discussing is one adult and five kids on your team, that the odds for the matchmaker picking an adult for a team are 1:5. The MMR is the same for every player.

No matter if the matchmaker composes one team first and then the other, or if it picks one player for team A, then one for team B, and so forth, the result will be the same, due to the infinite player pool.

Now say that the first pick is an adult. That does not change the fact that the odds for the next pick being an adult is 1:5. Meaning the probability of there being an adult in team B doesn't change just because there is one in team A.

If we would be talking about a limited pool, which would be the only way a previous pick could affect the probability of a future result, consider the fact that every time a kid is randomly picked, there are fewer left in the pool. And what would that mean for the probability of the next pick being a kid?
12/05/2018 19:06Posted by TheExodus
If we would be talking about a limited pool, which would be the only way a previous pick could affect the probability of a future result, consider the fact that every time a kid is randomly picked, there are fewer left in the pool. And what would that mean for the probability of the next pick being a kid?

That matter ofc. Odds are still for you unless you are 50% time adult and 50% of times kid.
And btw I dont know how big the pools are, but I hope you understand that the pool refreshes after each game. So lets say pool is 1k and picking 1 out does only move the odds by amount that doesent really matter.
12/05/2018 20:13Posted by Basso
12/05/2018 19:06Posted by TheExodus

That matter ofc. Odds are still for you unless you are 50% time adult and 50% of times kid.
And btw I dont know how big the pools are, but I hope you understand that the pool refreshes after each game. So lets say pool is 1k and picking 1 out does only move the odds by amount that doesent really matter.

Yes, I considered mentioning that, and how that effectively makes it an infinite pool. I thought it wouldn't add very much, as the majority of what I said was about an infinite pool anyways.

So, basically, the most common case would still be an adult on the other team as well.