Suggestion: Placement reset for bronze players

Competitive Discussion
Hi there,

It is nearly impossible to dig yourself out of bronze without good team, no matter how good you play ...the auto 5 dps lock is something common in that tier (silver is not very different as well). What I am suggesting is after each season to reset the bronze player SR (maybe silver as well) and next 10 placement matches to be based on the player MMR, not his past season placement. As the placement system is putting people below their previous season SR its impossible to get out of bronze solo queuing and people are stuck there forever. I did my placement for this season with Moira, was getting gold heal almost every game and a card, had 8 wins and got just over a 1000 SR ... Last season did my placements mostly with Soldier and Lucio and got over 1800 with 3 wins ...With reseting the SR we may get a chance... think about it a as fresh start

Would love to read your thoughts on this
But your rank is based on your mmr already. What is point of resseting it? Lets say you will get clean start in New season, do placement, will be lucky with wins, because first placement is based mostly on that and you will be placed in gold. After that you will still drop like stone to bronze because if you are in bronze you play like bronze. I am sorry if i offended you but its simple truth. You are in bronze because of you, not because of bad teams. If you are really interested to get better and want to climb let me know. But i am not helping people who blame teams, first thing you have to do is to accept its your performace what is holding you back.
I watched Bronze games - the decision making was horrible. The Aim was horrible. The player I watched had no situational awareness. He Ulted at the worst times. I didnt know you could be this bad, I believed in Elo Hell until I saw that. I managed to drop into silver once, because I switch from Support Main to Tracer Main - The same Season I dropped, I climbed back to Plat as Tracer as my tracer mechanics improved. if you are in silver, you belong in silver. same for every other rank.
Its not i did it last week i was rated 738 and im now 2360
You think it's going to help but it's really not.

I'm in plat and i can't climb at all because every single game there's a thrower, a toxic piece of filth that does nothing but yell at people, no teamwork, HORRIBLE team comps, all the fun stuff.

Crap like this makes me wonder WHY IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE FOR THESE DONKEYS TO CLIMB OUT OF BRONZE.
22/01/2018 19:39Posted by CampingOwl

Crap like this makes me wonder WHY IS IT EVEN POSSIBLE FOR THESE DONKEYS TO CLIMB OUT OF BRONZE.

Because they get placed out of bronze due to blizzard algorithm measuring only their mechanical skills, not teamwork?
22/01/2018 12:54Posted by Life
You are in bronze because of you, not because of bad teams.

Thats not true mate, this is a team based game. If your team sucks you are doomed. I dont have the skills of a top 500 Tracer to carry for example, but having gold dmg with Reinhard or gold medal for only 3 kills with him is ....yea. One time I had gold heal with Roadhog, with Mercy and Lucio in my team :)
23/01/2018 09:15Posted by Ashandarey

Thats not true mate, this is a team based game. If your team sucks you are doomed. I dont have the skills of a top 500 Tracer to carry for example, but having gold dmg with Reinhard or gold medal for only 3 kills with him is ....yea. One time I had gold heal with Roadhog, with Mercy and Lucio in my team :)

The enemy team will be equally as bad as your own. You don't need to hard carry to climb, you just need to be slightly better.

For the most part, you are in the rank your deserve. P.S. Everyone thinks their teammates are dog!@#$ and they belong at a higher rank, but barely any of them do.
[quote="176162475466"]
The enemy team will be equally as bad as your own. You don't need to hard carry to climb, you just need to be slightly better.

Exactly
23/01/2018 09:15Posted by Ashandarey

You simply dont understand how matchmaking and ranking works. Yes its team based game. So what? You are still part of team, everyone in game is. Even roadhog blocking a way with his fat body is some kind of help to the team. Everything is. If you want to climb, you have to get better at game sense,aiming, mechanical skill with heroes, strategy, grouping up.....

If you are below diamond, your personal skill will help you climb, you dont have to solo carry 1v6. Just focus on your improvement, yes be a team player but own performace is above all below diamond. In time, you will be gold player by skill in bronze game and you will carry or you will be carried by system giving you more sr for wins. Its simple as that. Stop this madness, dont blame bad team, leavers and other stuff. Its you, only you.

Or do you really think you can somehow get 50 game with friendly people and good players? Lol no, you cant.
But your rank is based on your mmr already. What is point of resseting it? Lets say you will get clean start in New season, do placement, will be lucky with wins, because first placement is based mostly on that and you will be placed in gold. After that you will still drop like stone to bronze because if you are in bronze you play like bronze. I am sorry if i offended you but its simple truth. You are in bronze because of you, not because of bad teams. If you are really interested to get better and want to climb let me know. But i am not helping people who blame teams, first thing you have to do is to accept its your performace what is holding you back.

Incorrect, actually. False AF.

I do not play as Bronze, I have been subject to 10 leavers and just about as many trolls picking Symmetra, Torbjörn, Bastion or similar on attack or even better Widow, Hanzo, Genji setup. Resulting in a 30'ish losses so far, 3 Tie's and 2 wins (because finally teams with meta setup).
You ask them to, kindly, go for a 2-2-2 setup and they threaten to report you for role forcing.. You ask them not to play 2x snipers and genji and they ignore you.
You tell them to play as a team instead of trying to 1v6 - they ignore you, whilst charging up enemies q's... You try to call out targets in VOIP but that hardly matters when it's just you and that 1 other team member. You try to call out with commands (F) and no one bothers to react.

Sorry, this game needs a fix in how it does matchmaking because it is horrible as is. They, Blizzard, can try to sugar coat it as much as they like and seem as if they're doing all they can to prevent it but that is a fat lie.

They should introduce a queue system: Tank, DPS, Healer forcing you to play what you picked as role(s) - you may only play the role you were chosen for.
They should make two default modes for QP and Competitive: Free Mode (no role enforcement and you are not restricted to play what you signed up as) - Meta Mode (role enforcement 2 - 2 - 2, only 1 sniper possible).
They should remove losses to the rest of the team because of one leaver, just shut down the match as unfair no win no loss. Leaver still gets a loss.
They should ban trolls and any future account by banning their credit card, not the IP. That's an effective 1-4 year ban - obviously a Blizzard Representative should go through all matches in which they were reported as a Troll to verify the validity first before a ban is issued as it is quite a serious step up from the pathetic bans they have at the moment.

Game. !@#$ing. Fixed.
Sprinkle bronze players all over the SR from bronze to grandmaster.

What a great !@#$ing idea.
That's gonna add so much fun for everyone involved until those guys drop back to bronze.

Bronze players are the worst players of Overwatch.
It's actually an achievement to drop that low.
You have to suck hard to get there.
EVERY.SINGLE.PLAYER in bronze deserved his place there. Period.

One of your guilts is your ignorant ego which will never in its entire life make a room for self-improvement.
Never. You guys will believe that you're actually grandmaster players and not the problem at all until you drop dead.

Tired of your whining.
Git gud or gtfo.
28/01/2018 07:17Posted by Roflknife

That's gonna add so much fun for everyone involved until those guys drop back to bronze.

One of your guilts is your ignorant ego which will never in its entire life make a room for self-improvement.
Never. You guys will believe that you're actually grandmaster players and not the problem at all until you drop dead.

Tired of your whining.
Git gud or gtfo.

Tired of scrubs like you dismissing the trolls, the leavers and people purposely throwing the game because.. Get good.

Get a life. No seriously, you need it.
28/01/2018 10:05Posted by Ashreon

Tired of your whining.
Git gud or gtfo.

Tired of scrubs like you dismissing the trolls, the leavers and people purposely throwing the game because.. Get good.

Ironic. He could save others from playing the blame game, but not himself.
28/01/2018 10:05Posted by Ashreon

Tired of your whining.
Git gud or gtfo.

I'm not the Paladins fanboy who comes to the Overwatch forum just to spread his salt, mate.

I can't respect someone who blames others for being stuck in bronze, because you yourself are unable to win versus those terrible players.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfbRXGePhfU

If you're part of the 2% worst Overwatch players, you are the problem mate. Noone else.

98% of Overwatch players are better than you. Go and ask yourself why.